Sign in to follow this  
JebeDaiaS

Game Engine.

You know, one that would actually be worth setting up a tactic for. The updates so far are ridiculous. For example :

Game 1: 4-2-3-1 against lower rated 4-2-4 : 3-0

Game 2: 4-2-3-1 against lower rated 4-2-4 : 0-1 (and not a chance until late second half)

Or better yet, instead of that "watch the game" thing just make some "throw the dice" button instead and remove the formations and instructions altogether, after all it's all about the credits, right ? Or how about introducing an option to "fix" the result in exchange for some $ ? That would be wonderful and express the true value of this game.

Re: How about making a realistic game engine ?

100% agree, the results have been absolutely ridiculous lately. Just a couple of my team's stats from one of my GW's (with an averate 93 first team):

Game 1

55% possession

22 vs 5 shots

15 vs 3 on target

Result: 3-1 loss

Game 2

47% possession

31 vs 10 shots

17 vs 5 on target

Result: 2-0 loss

Game 3

49% possession

17 vs 15 shots

14 vs 5 on target

Result: 1-0 loss

Game 4

50% possession

20 vs 11 shots

10 vs 6 on target

Game 5

54% possession

21 vs 10 shots

11 vs 9 on target

Result: 2-1 loss

Game 6

48% possession

21 vs 12 shots

13 vs 4 on target

Game 7

53% possession

19 vs 8 shots

10 vs 3 on target

So as you can see I had more shots and more on target in every single match, yet I lost by 2 goals 5 out of 7 times and somehow 4 out of 7 losses were 3-1 losses twice with just 3 shots on target. That really does not make sense to me! Only game 5 was against a team with an equal average rating, all other games were against team with (considerably) lower rated players :rolleyes:

So SM, before you do anything else, fix that match engine!

Ah, maybe we're just too harsh on the game. I mean you've got to admit the new Scout Opposition in exchange for credits is amazing. For example, I checked my next opponents' tactic and noticed they used 4-3-3. Then I decided to scout them and guess what: they're likely to play 4-3-3 ! Well whoopty doo, who would've guessed ?

one of my games they had 5% more possession but

my shots 25, 14 on target, 1 goal avg 94

their shots 7, 3 on target, 3 goals avg 86, red card in 10th min

it is always those games where they score every chance on target. also sm seem to think my players play very great in that game and they give everyone an 8 in my team except keeper with 6.

i see it too often also with other peoples fixtures.

Riferimento: Re: How about making a realistic game engine ?

100% agree' date=' the results have been absolutely ridiculous lately. Just a couple of my team's stats from one of my GW's (with an averate 93 first team):

[b']Game 1[/b]

55% possession

22 vs 5 shots

15 vs 3 on target

Game 2

47% possession

31 vs 10 shots

17 vs 5 on target

Result: 2-0 loss

Game 3

49% possession

17 vs 15 shots

14 vs 5 on target

Result: 1-0 loss

Game 4

50% possession

20 vs 11 shots

10 vs 6 on target

Game 5

54% possession

21 vs 10 shots

11 vs 9 on target

Result: 2-1 loss

Game 6

48% possession

21 vs 12 shots

13 vs 4 on target

Game 7

53% possession

19 vs 8 shots

10 vs 3 on target

So as you can see I had more shots and more on target in every single match, yet I lost by 2 goals 5 out of 7 times and somehow 4 out of 7 losses were 3-1 losses twice with just 3 shots on target. That really does not make sense to me! Only game 5 was against a team with an equal average rating, all other games were against team with (considerably) lower rated players :rolleyes:

So SM, before you do anything else, fix that match engine!

I totally agree! Last results have been really strange!

Ah' date=' maybe we're just too harsh on the game. I mean you've got to admit the new Scout Opposition in exchange for credits is amazing. For example, I checked my next opponents' tactic and noticed they used 4-3-3. Then I decided to scout them and guess what: they're likely to play 4-3-3 ! Well whoopty doo, who would've guessed ?[/quote']

The new Scout stuff is pathetic mate, you basically have to pay to maybe know what formation your opponent uses? I bet they base that on the last few games played, something you can check very easily yourself..

And the player scout stuff, well if you put some time into it like a lot here on the forum do you're knowledge will be 10 times bigger than whatever that scout can tell you.

Honestly I think the implementation of this scout stuff is an absolute insult of all manager who're trying to play this game at least a little serious tactics wise considering the complete joke the match engine is right now.

The new Scout stuff is pathetic mate' date=' you basically have to pay to maybe know what formation your opponent uses? I bet they base that on the last few games played, something you can check very easily yourself..

And the player scout stuff, well if you put some time into it like a lot here on the forum do you're knowledge will be 10 times bigger than whatever that scout can tell you.[/quote']

Well, times are tough and I bet there are a lot of kids spending allowances for this stuff. Or maybe people who're just playing the game without actually knowing too much about football. For example, my scouts recommend that I keep Marco Reus or Edinson Cavani. Well no., like without this feature I was just about to transfer list them and buy players with better sounding names or something.

The new Scout stuff is pathetic mate' date=' you basically have to pay to maybe know what formation your opponent uses? I bet they base that on the last few games played, something you can check very easily yourself..

And the player scout stuff, well if you put some time into it like a lot here on the forum do you're knowledge will be 10 times bigger than whatever that scout can tell you.

Honestly I think the implementation of this scout stuff is an absolute insult of all manager who're trying to play this game at least a little serious tactics wise considering the complete joke the match engine is right now.[/quote']

No they show the formation that is currently used by the opponent. However if the opponent changes his formation after just 5 sec, this Scout is a waste as it still shows the formation which was put on 5 min earlier. It though gives you advantage when the opponent is not a regular one or is an unmanaged side.

No they show the formation that is currently used by the opponent. However if the opponent changes his formation after just 5 sec' date=' this Scout is a waste as it still shows the formation which was put on 5 min earlier. It though gives you advantage when the opponent is not a regular one or is an unmanaged side.[/quote']

Which basically means its quite useless against anyone with brains :rolleyes:

Well' date=' times are tough and I bet there are a lot of kids spending allowances for this stuff. Or maybe people who're just playing the game without actually knowing too much about football. For example, my scouts recommend that I keep Marco Reus or Edinson Cavani. Well no , like without this feature I was just about to transfer list them and buy players with better sounding names or something.[/quote']

Trade Cavani for Yago Pikachu.

You know' date=' one that would actually be worth setting up a tactic for. The updates so far are ridiculous. For example :

Game 1: 4-2-3-1 against lower rated 4-2-4 : 3-0

Game 2: 4-2-3-1 against lower rated 4-2-4 : 0-1 (and not a chance until late second half)

Or better yet, instead of that "watch the game" thing just make some "throw the dice" button instead and remove the formations and instructions altogether, after all it's all about the credits, right ? Or how about introducing an option to "fix" the result in exchange for some $ ? That would be wonderful and express the true value of this game.[/quote']

I hear your pain ...but then we may have to adopt realistic tactics/formations/finances and transfers?

So as you can see I had more shots and more on target in every single match' date=' yet I lost by 2 goals 5 out of 7 times and somehow 4 out of 7 losses were 3-1 losses twice with just 3 shots on target. That really does not make sense to me! Only game 5 was against a team with an equal average rating, all other games were against team with (considerably) lower rated players :rolleyes:[/quote']

Have you not heard of the phrase 'anything can happen in football'? Well there you go. ;)

This is really starting to frustrate me too, especially when it comes to cup games against unmanaged lower opposition. for example!

My squad goes as follows:

Hart

Piszczek

Subotic

Hummels

Marcelo

Coentrao

Muller

Aguero

Gotze

Hazard

Neymar

(4-3-3 wingers)

I played against a Sevilla side that are unmanaged, almost every player was NMF and their highest rated player was Perotti - 89.

I drew the game 1-1 then lost on penalties. This has happened so often this season especially in the SMFA competitions and its so frustrating building up a squad that should be able to beat these kind of teams on a more regular basis but don't because of this game engine.

it is all about tactics. My team is twice as good as yours, and lost to an unmanaged PSG team whose average rating was 81, and their best player was a 83. (3-2)

They just countered my formation.

I faced them again later on, and beat them 9-0.

It is realistic.

This is really starting to frustrate me too' date=' especially when it comes to cup games against unmanaged lower opposition. for example!

My squad goes as follows:

Hart

Piszczek

Subotic

Hummels

Marcelo

Coentrao

Muller

Aguero

Gotze

Hazard

Neymar

(4-3-3 wingers)

I played against a Sevilla side that are unmanaged, almost every player was NMF and their highest rated player was Perotti - 89.

I drew the game 1-1 then lost on penalties. This has happened so often this season especially in the SMFA competitions and its so frustrating building up a squad that should be able to beat these kind of teams on a more regular basis but don't because of this game engine.[/quote']

the match engine is NOT realistic, Im in 11 Gw's in 2 Gw's there are 2 very average teams who play the same formation week in week out and have mauybe lost under 5 games in 2 years and these are competitive custum Gws, surley a huge flaw in the system, and recently if you look at the counter formation thread http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2360959#post2360959

You will see that even the counters have stopped working!! Come on SM SORT IT OUT:mad:

it is all about tactics. My team is twice as good as yours' date=' and lost to an unmanaged PSG team whose average rating was 81, and their best player was a 83. (3-2)

They just countered my formation.

I faced them again later on, and beat them 9-0.

It is realistic.[/quote']

How is that realistic haha? 2-3 to 9-0? and that countering formation isn't working. I have been beaten many a time playing a defensive tact and using an attacking tact. SM just need to scrub out some of the bugs.