Sign in to follow this  
JebeDaiaS

Game Engine.

Re: How about making a realistic game engine ?

Playing 87/88 rated teams with most NMF' date=' having 10 times the shots on target, double possession and losing 1-0 is a regular occurrence, tiresome.[/quote']

I perfectly understand you mate, this thing of losing against teams with many players NMF (doesn't really matter if they have lower or higher average, does it...?) needs to be sorted out!

In my opinion, Tactics have little impact on the game at all.

I have decent squads and I haven't used any tactics for well over 18 months. I keep the same formation 4-4-1-1 always...This goes for all of my teams.

9/10 I'll beat the weaker teams, but you always get an upset now and again. Especially in SMFA games.

Thank you to those of you who have taken time to post your thoughts and experiences re the game engine. We are currently in the process of making some small updates to the game engine to address some of the issues that you have raised :)

Thank you to those of you who have taken time to post your thoughts and experiences re the game engine. We are currently in the process of making some small updates to the game engine to address some of the issues that you have raised :)

what changes are you going to be making??

Improvements to the engine need to be a priority with a game like SM, so with respect I don't think this is really good enough as SM have been making noises about improving the match engine for years with no discernible improvement made aside from cosmetic ones.

At the moment it feels like pot-luck whenever I play a human managed side. I don't mind losing but I have no idea why I have won or lost games on most occasions.. The options available for tactics are too limited and have been for some time. The match reports are too poor. Performance ratings are often bizarre and bear little relation to other stats.

We have player attributes on the Soccer Wiki now and as a bare minimum these need to be imported into the game so that it has an impact on results. Assignment of more player roles follows on naturally from that.

Clearly changes like these are too important to rush and a risk but there is the Westgate test Game World that the community would be lining up to take part in if it meant helping SM with this sort of thing.

I find the matches unrealistic

when I watch my match being played, the commentary part is unrealistic and just about farcical.

My player shoots and their keeper tips it over the bar -- NO CORNER GIVEN

When a free kick is crossed into the penalty area, The striker ALWAYS heads or shoots or something - DEFENDER NEVER WINS THE BALL IN AIR TO CLEAR

This might be splitting hairs but its frustrating and predictable - whats the point in playing defenders when they never touch the ball or even challenge for it.

I would like to see corners given accordingly and lets have it better and unpredictable - let defenders win the ball in the air to clear, sometimes

Improvements to the engine need to be a priority with a game like SM' date=' so with respect I don't think this is really good enough as SM have been making noises about improving the match engine for years with no discernible improvement made aside from cosmetic ones.[/quote']

I wish some day they take seriously into account this!

This is really disappointing.The most important part of the game is a good match engine and upgrade's to the match engine have been promised for years with out ever being delivered and the current match engine & Tactic's have just become stale and predictable,it's got to the point where I can predict my results and on some occasion's even the score.

It's clear that lot's of time and money has been spent on cosmetic changes to the game some of which where'nt entirely necessary or needed and the most important part of the game(match engine) has been neglected for far to long and needs proper time and effort spent on it not"small updates" so come on SM start working on the important parts of the game.

So l had a Dortmund-Juventus match today. The match ended 1-1 , marchisio and varane were in the scoresheet. I saw dortmund's formation and Varane was playing as a CF for whole match LOL. This things should get fixed :)

(IMAGES TO BIG)

So l had a Dortmund-Juventus match today. The match ended 1-1 ' date=' marchisio and varane were in the scoresheet. I saw dortmund's formation and Varane was playing as a CF for whole match LOL. This things should get fixed :)

[/quote']

That's not the match engines fault.

It was a managed club therefore his choice.

although i usually play as lower rated teams, when vs a very strong team i put a lot of time into scouting my opponents(before the scouting option) i scout their formations, formations that they have struggled with and formations which are good against their favoured formations.

i usually end up winning by 1 or 2 goals but i do totally dominate them.

That's not the match engines fault.

It was a managed club therefore his choice.

It is the match engine's fault if a defender is played up front with no discernible affect on the result of the game. A club in real life would not do this so doing it in SM should have a dramatic effect.

Perhaps it did (perhaps Varane's team would have won 5-0 had he been played correctly) but seems pretty unlikely considering their opposition are the league champions.

Not sure why the images originally posted by Anri showing that have been taken down but from memory it was a tight game which shouldn't be the case if someone is out of position. I would have thought that a good match engine would penalise that first amongst anything else (i.e. ahead of poor rating, choice of formation, low morale etc).

It is the match engine's fault if a defender is played up front with no discernible affect on the result of the game. A club in real life would not do this so doing it in SM should have a dramatic effect.

Perhaps it did (perhaps Varane's team would have won 5-0 had he been played correctly) but seems pretty unlikely considering their opposition are the league champions.

Not sure why the images originally posted by Anri showing that have been taken down but from memory it was a tight game which shouldn't be the case if someone is out of position. I would have thought that a good match engine would penalise that first amongst anything else (i.e. ahead of poor rating' date=' choice of formation, low morale etc).[/quote']

It was my fault about images, l'll post them again in a good size.

Well in this game world l've done a pretty good job with my formation, l won the title of div.1 in 32th match. In this match l used the same formation without no big changes, how it is possible that a formation that has beaten clubs with average 94-95(Barcelona-Real Madrid) lost to a team with same average rating as mine which is using a centre back defender as it's main striker. In my opinion this is a big fail of basic match system, my case is not the only one, there are several other situations.

Pictures:

TH5Ly.jpg?1

yz2xu.jpg?1

I would like to bring to some things to your notice that will i feel is unrealistic :-

1. The injuries genrated are after the match. But in real injuries happen in match and there must be automatic substitution.

2. Substitution must not be fixed . . . It must be based on priorty based on performance and fitness level. Example i have two forward Torres and Saurez . . . I want to bring Falcao . . . Torres scored a hat-trick and Saurez barely played well so manager obiviously will bring off Saurez.

3. And god please dnt let my 93 rated teams lose to 85 rated team in SMFA :)

It is a suggestion regarding the player injuries

they are injured for 9 weeks at the max this means 18 games!

If they injure players like real life they should also play one match per week

rather then doing that,players should be injured for matches not for weeks

Riferimento: How about making a realistic game engine ?

Hi all users. This is the last but not least trouble. I'm looking to follow the Guides of this forum from several time and they have worked very well until 3 months ago.

I put under here the table of my last "realistic" match report (Leeds 90avg-Arsenal 92avg) after some other similar result.

My squad's stats are on the left. My opponent played with some player out of his position (Drogba put as a CM in a 4-4-2 with default tactics) or/and NMF.

Possession: 45 vs 55

Total Shots: 23 vs 7

Shots on target: 13 vs 4

Corners: 7 vs 4

No shots toward my GK for all 1st half. I lost the game 2-1. Goals were marked to 76' (A), 77' (L), 78'(A) (realistic!?)

I used a 5-3-2 with a defensive tactic.

It happened with much weaker opponents, different tactics and unmanaged squads. Is all this realistic? I know that it can happen sometimes... not every time...

I think that match report engine is not working...

It is a suggestion regarding the player injuries

they are injured for 9 weeks at the max this means 18 games!

If they injure players like real life they should also play one match per week

rather then doing that' date='players should be injured for matches not for weeks[/quote']

This makes much sense.

I hope someone at SM is listening.

It was my fault about images' date=' l'll post them again in a good size.

Well in this game world l've done a pretty good job with my formation, l won the title of div.1 in 32th match. In this match l used the same formation without no big changes, how it is possible that a formation that has beaten clubs with average 94-95(Barcelona-Real Madrid) lost to a team with same average rating as mine which is using a centre back defender as it's main striker. In my opinion this is a big fail of basic match system, my case is not the only one, there are several other situations.

Pictures:

[img'] TH5Ly.jpg?1 [/img]

yz2xu.jpg?1

Maybe the player number 5 could get to intercept your passes when he was running back

I want to watch your match report against Barcelona and Real Madrid

And god please dnt let my 93 rated teams lose to 85 rated team in SMFA :)

Sorry do not agree with this .

It is a Fantasy game thats why i enjoy playing it .

It should be taken into account in the match engine but not play the main part .

If it all consisted on having the highest rated team then you might as well just walk away from the game .

As a Fantasy game yes you get a chance to fill your team and Squad with 90 plus rated players .

Yes in real life teams like these would mainly win say 90% of matches ,but its not real life and to me the emphasise should be on you as the manager doing your homework and picking the right tactics ,substitutions etc ,players in the correct positions and so forth .

Thats why i do agree with most that the match engine does need sorting out ,virtually no change since i left 2 yrs ago .

A player for the top league i think is supposed to be rated 85 and above etc.

Therefore with the right managment skills and if all your players ratings are 85 or more you should in this game beat a 93 in that same league and not as you suggest never or even a one off .

Since i came back noticed in my set ups i have joined and it was always the case before i left how many are ruined because the fun of some is jumping in and out of teams to stop others getting these sort of players because they want them etc .

You look at some sets and a few teams have already ripped of all the cream and left just the spilt milk for you to lick up if your daft enough to do it and not look elswhere .

Thats why there are a lot of ruined set ups and managers not logging on everyday ,they think all they have to do is buy the cream and if you lose games to lesser rated then its the match engines fault .

So if it was how they want then its pointless joining these set ups .

To me its a fantasy game and we all like it for different aspects .

In 4 of my set ups Sterling was used for exchanging with money for higher players etc ,or he was on the free transfer list .

When last playing this would be unbelievable because many forumers loved doing their homework on this kind of thing and would know at 75 rated he is going to go up and be well worth the pittance you can pay for him at the moment .

Players like him would be snapped up by those who like to play SM for this sort of thing .

I would say many SM members like playing SM for the latter aspect as well as other things etc .

But at the end of the day we are managers in set ups managing our teams to our best ability .

We all want to win the league and cups otherwise why bother playing .

To repeat what i mentioned before ,The Differnt divisions as far as i know if not changed have a starting rating for what a player should be in that division ,sure 85 was 1st Divisions .

As a kill joy i would say if your playing anyone below that leagues rating in your team or the opponents then it should have an effect on matches, but not teams that managed to pick the cream and have just gone for the highest rating .

There is nothing worse than joining a set up with certain friends having already got their teams 91 plus rated etc and because they have no transfer money left they log on just match days etc expecting no matter what formations they put in they should be anyone below 90 .

Yet others that have these lesser rated sides log on far more doing their tactics etc really thinking they do have an efffect and it is not just simply moving your teams rating up higher and higher that gets you the results.

Nope its a fantasy game let members have their fantasy on filling their team with the cream,but let us members that are not obsessed and like the managment skills more to play a part ,let the match engine take all this into the equation as well .:eek:;):)