How Do I......

mcramdc

Re: How Do I......

Hi, a guy, a very respectable one, has been kicked off SM for outing a cheat. She is well known as a cheat and despite being caught before, she has continued to do so. Now I do understand that he went the wrong way about it, but as he is a big contributor to SM and the owner of some custom game worlds, I don't see the banning of him as being in the best interests of the game. I also believe the cheat has gone unpunished. How can this be justified? We have several managers with many thousand token that are disgusted by this action. Can you please review this situation. Thank you.

P.s. I have omitted names at the moment for obvious reasons.

Hi' date=' a guy, a very respectable one, has been kicked off SM for outing a cheat. She is well known as a cheat and despite being caught before, she has continued to do so. Now I do understand that he went the wrong way about it, but as he is a big contributor to SM and the owner of some custom game worlds, I don't see the banning of him as being in the best interests of the game. I also believe the cheat has gone unpunished. How can this be justified? We have several managers with many thousand token that are disgusted by this action. Can you please review this situation. Thank you.

P.s. I have omitted names at the moment for obvious reasons.[/quote']

Hi mcramdc, thank you for this information. A manager isn't "kicked off SM" for "outing a cheat" as we investigate all reports of alleged cheating. We will only suspended an account if the manager breaks the Terms of Use that they agreed to. Therefore if they have been "kicked off SM" then this will be due to breaking the Terms of Use .

Hi Vicky, First thanks for taking the time to answer my post. I can only assume that he has possibly broken Terms of Use- Rules/code of conduct- ruin experience of other users.

While I certainly don't condone his way of trying to let people know that the girl is continually cheating, I think removal from the game is harsh. I can't see any way of sending you a PM so could I ask you wether he is removed or just suspended. He plays under the name Brian Clough and he is a fierce opponent of people who cheat in SM. He takes it personally as I know he thinks SM is the best thing ever invented therefor he sometimes lets his heart rule his head.

If you could even influence the decision makers to take into account how he feels about the game and the fact that he thinks he is helping SM by declaring a cheat and ask them to reconsider then it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Vicky' date=' First thanks for taking the time to answer my post. I can only assume that he has possibly broken Terms of Use- Rules/code of conduct- ruin experience of other users.

While I certainly don't condone his way of trying to let people know that the girl is continually cheating, I think removal from the game is harsh. I can't see any way of sending you a PM so could I ask you wether he is removed or just suspended. He plays under the name Brian Clough and he is a fierce opponent of people who cheat in SM. He takes it personally as I know he thinks SM is the best thing ever invented therefor he sometimes lets his heart rule his head.

If you could even influence the decision makers to take into account how he feels about the game and the fact that he thinks he is helping SM by declaring a cheat and ask them to reconsider then it would be appreciated. Thank you.[/quote']

Unless I view their account I won't be able to see the actual reason of why their account became suspended. Even if you provided me with your friends details, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to discuss another members account with yourself. You are more than welcome to ask your friend to contact me on the forum and I can discuss this with them privately :)