Blondie/Deborah Harry thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Blondie/Deborah Harry thread Thought I'd post this here as it may be of interest to followers of this thread. http://soundcloud.com/robocod1/heart-of-glass-tgp Its not finished as of yet due t

Re: Blondie/Deborah Harry thread ur a freak are you actualy a stalker honestly are you?

Re: Blondie/Deborah Harry thread Blondie Show: Blondie & the Stranglers to perform a double header concert at the ECHO Arena in Liverpool on July 22nd 2008 (tickets available from April 2nd 200

Re: Blondie/Deborah Harry thread

ROFL,i must have missed something in the past 8 months,has Craig turned everyone into Blondie fans?Never thought i would see the day when a Blondie thread would be stickied on a soccer forum.

On a serious note tho,to MODS and whom ever does the stickies,

Is all that is needed to get a band stickied on this forum is to post up all video from youtube and post information found on a bands web site on here?If so there are HUNDREADS of more accomplished bands then Blondie to have stickied

ROFL' date='i must have missed something in the past 8 months,has Craig turned everyone into Blondie fans?Never thought i would see the day when a Blondie thread would be stickied on a soccer forum.

On a serious note tho,to MODS and whom ever does the stickies,

Is all that is needed to get a band stickied on this forum is to post up all video from youtube and post information found on a bands web site on here?If so there are HUNDREADS of more accomplished bands then Blondie to have stickied[/quote']

Thanks for posting.

The thread was made a sticky when it had a fantastic amount of views on it.

(ie very poplular)

it's not just got youtube videos on it.

if you look thru the thread you'll find interesting articles and stories, videos etc.

Out of the 5 stickies - this one is 2nd top with regards to views. ONLY the "right now i'm listening to" thread has more views.

so, going by the views i think it merits a sticky. (over 5,000 now)

it may not suit all tastes, but hey, its not being ignored.

(if so, i woulda stopped it as mentioned in early posts)

i've had a huge response vis PM's asking to keep going and lots of REP for the thread. So, all-in I've been surprised by the positive response to it.

MOST forumers PM me rather than post on here coz I think that its coz it's not cool enough to post here, but ok for forumers to view, which suits me and why i keep it going.

FOR THE RECORD: The Blondie thread is in the MUSIC section of a soccer forum - not on the soccer forum - as in footy section as such.

Thanks for your views on it and taking the time to post.

KEEP VIEWING FOLKS!

COMMENTS WELCOME

PS Lately I've posted varied videos of the shows/film/woman of year etc, so its not just music videos - they are interesting articles. BLONDIE are doin a tour of USA so its difficult for me to contact them via email coz they are not really at a computer. So, hopefully everyone will enjoy the vids until news/gossip etc comes forth..

Thanks for posting.

The thread was made a sticky when it had a fantastic amount of views on it.

(ie very poplular)

it's not just got youtube videos on it.

if you look thru the thread you'll find interesting articles and stories' date=' videos etc.

Out of the 5 stickies - this one is 2nd top with regards to views. ONLY the "right now i'm listening to" thread has more views.

so, going by the views i think it merits a sticky. (over 5,000 now)

it may not suit all tastes, but hey, its not being ignored.

(if so, i woulda stopped it as mentioned in early posts)

i've had a huge response vis PM's asking to keep going and lots of REP for the thread. So, all-in I've been surprised by the positive response to it.

MOST forumers PM me rather than post on here coz I think that its coz it's not cool enough to post here, but ok for forumers to view, which suits me and why i keep it going.

Thanks for your views on it and taking the time to post.

[b']KEEP VIEWING FOLKS![/b]

COMMENTS WELCOME

PS Lately I've posted varied videos of the shows/film/woman of year etc, so its not just music videos - they are interesting articles. BLONDIE are doin a tour of USA so its difficult for me to contact them via email coz they are not really at a computer. So, hopefully everyone will enjoy the vids until news/gossip etc comes forth..

LOL Craig,you crack me up,to be honest i never knew you where that old,had you pegged younger then me, since you said you have been a fan since 1978,my birth year you proved me wrong.

The stats don't lie tho, an you are correct in regards to the views,Im shocked

But sorry i dont believe you in regards to you getting all these messages to keep the blondie thread going,not being mean i just can't see or imagine that many blondie fans.Especially with the younger crowd on here,so possibly you got 10 messages in 3 years from a bunch of old guys.And repping you for posting blondie stuff lol,i have thought a few times to neg rep you back in the day for posting that lol.You should make some Zep or Stones threads,they rocked back in your day :D

But truth be told i am not a blondie fan,more of a hatter,so dont hate me for hating,just bored lol.Keep the tread going :P

LOL Craig' date='you crack me up,to be honest i never knew you where that old,had you pegged younger then me, since you said you have been a fan since 1978,my birth year you proved me wrong.

The stats don't lie tho, an you are correct in regards to the views,Im shocked

But sorry i dont believe you in regards to you getting all these messages to keep the blondie thread going,not being mean i just can't see or imagine that many blondie fans.Especially with the younger crowd on here,so possibly you got 10 messages in 3 years from a bunch of old guys.And repping you for posting blondie stuff lol,i have thought a few times to neg rep you back in the day for posting that lol.You should make some Zep or Stones threads,they rocked back in your day :D

But truth be told i am not a blondie fan,more of a hatter,so dont hate me for hating,just bored lol.Keep the tread going :P[/quote']

my birth year was 1963 so i'm reasonably old. lol.

When i started the thread I didn't expect much of a response or many views.

I was told in early posts that this thread would not be popular and not many would view it. I kinda thought along those lines anyway.

I posted stuff which was making me get accused lol of stalking Debbie.

If the thread had 20 views or so, then i woulda deleted it....period.

But the encouragement from PM's etc kept me going. I have no reason to lie about REP or PM's given. (I'm an honest person and would not do such - if it was needed to lie etc = i would simply delete the thread - no probs - it ain't that big a deal).

Its not necessary just blondie "fans" that message me - some rep is simply coz they like the thread with various articles etc. (lately, most messages ar re my songwriters thread coz been busy there)

I'm sure forumers that know me - via SM posts/threads - would agree that i'm honest and genuine)

if forumers view my thread coz they enjoy/like to then fair enough, if they don't then i'd delete it without question.

Having watched Blondie in concert for over 30 years and met and kissed Debbie, I just thought that I'd start a thread on it and see how it went with regards to continuing or not.

its good to talk and debate etc but you offended me with your comment which suggests that i'm lying about PM's etc.

I like LYNYRD SKYNYRD, LED ZEP, NEIL YOUNG and the likes as well.

I like 1960's, 70's more so than todays groups/artists. But i chose to do blondie coz i know more about them and have contacts with them.

I don't hate you for hating the thread - that's your choice - and fair enough, i know it'll have more that don't like it, than more that do..

I don't hate anyone - life's too short for that - after what i've been thru, I'm just happy enough to be able to write this and still be here to talk about such. I love it - coz i'm alive - and everyone in life should do the same.

Having said all that you did, you ended by saying "keep the thread going" so thanks for that.

anyway, i'm starting to rabbit on here, so i'll post it now so you can read it :D:D

Thanks for taking the time to post

KEEP VIEWING EVERYONE!

COMMENTS WELCOME

BLONDIE/DEBBIE HARRY THREAD

BLONDIE GOSSIP:

Rumour has it that BLONDIE will release a new album in September 2009.

A singles collection 1977-1982

Not confirmed coz I can't get hold of my contacts - coz on tour at present in USA.

CRAIG

(Blondie/Deborah Harry thread)

B):cool::D

You really kissed her?How long ago was this?She was a looker back in the day and i would have welcomed a kiss from her:D

This was what she looked like - took this photo.

Yes' date=' i think you'd like a kiss from her. You'd find that Debbie looks better up close. She has a fantastic personality and genuinely a very nice person.

[img']http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc162/craig2424/DHreducesize.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BLONDIE/DEBBIE HARRY THREAD

Here's a wee story of my memories.

My 1st Blondie concert was in 1979 at the legendary GLASGOW APOLLO THEATRE.

I waited 19 years to see Blondie again coz they split in 1982. I had booked my tickets for the concert in Glasgow in 1982 but it was cancelled.

19 Years later, Blondie did a reunion tour and played in the Glasgow BARROWLAND BALLROOM - (in previous thread).

I Attended the BARROWLAND concert and it was jumping - just like the Apollo show in 1979. Both venues remain my favourites for a concert coz they're great for atmosphere. Nowadays its seated venues mostly but you can't get the same atmosphere - in my opinion.

I've posted both shows to let you see both venues.

ATOMIC - at the Glasgow APOLLO 1979

3wafLyT451o

ATOMIC - at the Glasow BARROWLAND BALLROOM - 1998

tFLL5RcA2JM

craig

• 3 weeks later...

BLONDIE/DEBORAH HARRY THREAD

DOWNTOWN CALLING - Film by Shan Nicolson - Narrated by DEBORAH HARRY.

WORLD PREMIER - AUSTIN FILM FESTIVAL

DOWNTOWN CALLING will make it's International festival debut at the AUSTIN FILM FESTIVAL at 9.15pm on SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER at the ROLLING THEATER.

• 2 weeks later...

DEBORAH HARRY, DYLAN, McCARTNEY, BOWIE and others will appear in an HMV Limited edition calendar - MY INSPIRATION ICONS.

Proceeds will go to kids' cancer charity CLIC SARGENT.

more details here:

http://pure.hmv.com/other-music-stuff/HMV-limited-edition-charity-calendar-of-my-inspiration-icons/invt/m091000838

craig

(Blondie/Debbie Harry thread)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UK TOUR NEWS

The first UK summer show has been announced.

BLONDIE will be playing THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL on Saturday 12th of June 2010. Tickets will go on sale on Friday.

More details here:

http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/

craig