Jump to content

Blondie/Deborah Harry thread


craig
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, craig said:

I'll try tell you the song if you tell me the year you were born

It will be difficult because they had 2 #1s in the first 6 months of this year! Now you tell me the year ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kev said:

It will be difficult because they had 2 #1s in the first 6 months of this year! Now you tell me the year ;)

was in Dreaming and Sunday girl 1979 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, craig said:

you are right NO2, heart of glass

Wrong year

 

2 minutes ago, craig said:

and sunday girl 1979

Nope. But you've narrowed it down to 1 other possibility I think!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kev said:

Wrong 

 

Nope. But you've narrowed it down to 1 other possibility I think!

they had 3 number 1's 1980

must be Atomic and call me 1980

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, craig said:

they had 3 number 1's 1980

must be Atomic and call me 1980

 

Correct! It was Call Me. Tide Is High wasn't in the first 6 months of the year but the other 2 were within a few weeks of each other. I was born on a Sunday though so Geno took over at #1 a few hours after I was born. Can you tell I'm a music journalist? 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kev said:

Correct! It was Call Me. Tide Is High wasn't in the first 6 months of the year but the other 2 were within a few weeks of each other. I was born on a Sunday though so Geno took over at #1 a few hours after I was born. Can you tell I'm a music journalist? 🤣

great stuff, 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

BLONDIE/DEBORAH HARRY THREAD

just thought I'd repost this

 

My personal story regarding

DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN - THE BLONDIE MUSICAL

It was at the NOVELLO theatre in LONDON (WEST END)

It was a red carpet event with various celebrities attending on its debut.

I was lucky enough to get TWO tickets for me and my wife.

To get such freebies at a red carpet event is sensational and being a huge Blondie/Debbie fan, it was a dream come true.

However, now the bad news.

I couldn't travel to London coz I had a massive Stroke which put me in an induced coma for the first 48 hrs. At the time of the musical, I wasn't fit enough to travel.

I was honoured to receive the offer tho at such a big event.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

 

Gotta be The Doors for me craig but the whole thing is a thing of Beauty!

Sorry to hear your story tho.  BUT your still here! 😀

 

Always Blondie for me out of those 2. Never been able to get into the Doors, because they sound a lot like all the boring pub rock cover bands I've ever known, just with a good looking singer! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

 

Gotta be The Doors for me craig but the whole thing is a thing of Beauty!

Sorry to hear your story tho.  BUT your still here! 😀

 

Thanks for your kind words buddy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BLONDIE\DEBORAH HARRY THREAD

BLONDIE - SLOW MOTION - from their album called EAT TO THE BEAT

This is one of my favourites from EAT TO THE BEAT Album.

I would've released this as a single, however, Blondie released Union City Blue as a single from the album.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BLONDIE/DEBORAH HARRY THREAD

X OFFENDER 

REPOSTED THIS 

Here's the story about the "X-OFFENDER" song.

Blondie originally called this song "SEX OFFENDER", But when they brought it to UK, The law wouldn't allow the word "sex" to be in the title so Blondie changed the title to "X-OFFENDER".

However, the record was printed in vinyl and 500 copies were made in the factory before the name change. The 500 copies now fetch £1,000 each, making this Blondie's rarest 7" vinyl record around today.

If you find a copy it'll have the serial number PVT90 on it. (Private Stock label, not Chrysalis)

Hope you enjoyed the story behind "X Offender".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 3:07 AM, craig said:

BLONDIE/DEBORAH HARRY THREAD

just thought I'd repost this

 

My personal story regarding

DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN - THE BLONDIE MUSICAL

It was at the NOVELLO theatre in LONDON (WEST END)

It was a red carpet event with various celebrities attending on its debut.

I was lucky enough to get TWO tickets for me and my wife.

To get such freebies at a red carpet event is sensational and being a huge Blondie/Debbie fan, it was a dream come true.

However, now the bad news.

I couldn't travel to London coz I had a massive Stroke which put me in an induced coma for the first 48 hrs. At the time of the musical, I wasn't fit enough to travel.

I was honoured to receive the offer tho at such a big event.

 

Here's a clip from DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN - THE BLONDIE MUSICAL  at the NOVELLO theatre in LONDON (WEST END) singing DREAMING

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...