Sign in to follow this  
ray1981

The Official Darts Thread

Re: The Official DARTS thread

Well as a competitive event for Spectators those semi finals did not really go to plan :o

I thought Peter Wright would beat Simon Whitlock quite easily and so it proved. Wright has been the best and most consistent player all week and he is just so consistent in his scoring that Hitlock who is more of a hit and miss type player was always likely to struggle as he ain't really been playing that well.

Another 100+ average for Wright and his finishing was superb, just seemed like he never missed a double all game bar the last couple of legs where he got nderstandably nervous.

As for MVG V Lewis well I never saw that coming!! I thought Lewis would edge it it fair play to MVG he played brilliantly, took out some really top sets at the right times and punished every mistake Lewis made. Lewis was actually right up ere with his scoring but his finishing was woeful, just could not hit a double to save his life and you could see it scrambled him mentally.

Must be such a lonely place, scoring great but unable to finish, the amount of legs he was at the double first but couldn't convert was staggering and fair play to MVG he really kept kicking him in the proverbial s.

Should make for a really good final two players both playing really great darts, Wright is more consistent but MVG isq more explosive, both are taking it doubles really well and be interesting to see how MVG copes with e more conservative pace of Wright. Really could see it going either way but I am going t edge towards a MVG 7-4 victory although it really would not surprise me if Wright's consistency won the day.

can't wait for the final :)

What an amazing match tonight between Wade and Thornton. A 9 darter each when starting with a double is very impressive. Taylor looks a little sluggish tonight but the 1/4 finals is really the business end of the tournament assuming he beats Gilding.

What an amazing match tonight between Wade and Thornton. A 9 darter each when starting with a double is very impressive. Taylor looks a little sluggish tonight but the 1/4 finals is really the business end of the tournament assuming he beats Gilding.

Was amazing Darts, one 9 darter in 16 years with a double start and then both blokes hit one in the same match!!

When you consider Thornton had to go to his mothers funeral a few hours earlier, nothing but respect for the guy what a professional and what heart.

Best double in Darts match I have ever seen, brilliant stuff.

Shame to see Lewis exit but credit to Painter, Lewis really was not at it in the latter part of the match.

The standard of the world championship this year has been ridiculously good so far, been some really great matches and the strength in depth is just immense nowadays that you see qualifiers coming in taking out seeds, averaging over 100 fantastic stuff.

QF'S on currently started with a great match between MVG and Robert Thornton, Thornton exiting the competition with a 101 average just kinda shows you how good that match was!!

Great to see MVG hitting top gear and if he does meet Anderson in the SF could be a real feast of quick fire top quality darts, wouldn't write off Peter Wright in this one yet though, top class player.

Oh my what a QF match that was between Barney and Bunting, magnificent darts from both men.

Really felt for Bunting, but at crucial times Barney pulled e big finish out the bag, hopefully Bunting gets a PL slot now after the performances throughout this championship.

SF Line up complete

Van Gerwen V Anderson

Taylor V Barney

I really REALLY hope the same Barney shows up tomorrow and beats Taylor probably a 10% hope in reality but would love to see it. :)

Barney Army!!!!!

Oh great.... Only 3 games left and I've discovered there's a darts thread :eek:

Only 1 Scot left in the competition and he's the only one I don't want to be world champion.. I can Defo see a Taylor/MVG final.... I just hope Anderson turns up sober enough to give the dutchman a game :(

The world Champion is dethroned!!

Michael Van Gerwen 3 Gary Anderson 6

Terrific match with both players averaging over 100 over nine sets is phenomenal, credit to Anderson who I have always liked never seen him hit his doubles so consistently.....deserved to win the match I picked him to win but TBH I wanted MVG to win.

I really want Barney to beat Taylor hence why I have gone for Taylor to smash him 6-1 :P

TBH I just think Taylor will be to consistent for him, really can't see Barney winning especially over such a long distance format as Taylors consistency just wears opponents down, but hoping for a minor miracle :)

If Taylor does win really want Anderson to smash him in the final.

Amazing 9th set of darts' date=' Anderson has his first 2 darts of the set in treble 20 and the 3rd dart takes both out, zero scored. Goes on to lose the leg and the next before winning the next 3 to win the leg. Brilliant.[/quote']

Absolutely amazing from Anderson TBF, given all he had to go through with the bounce outs and the spectator to recompose himself and rattle off those three legs to win the set at such an important time was a monumental effort, mentally that was an amazing set of darts.

What a final :eek: well done to both players.... thats 1 of the most enjoyable sporting events ive ever streamed for free :D

Can't believe I was cheering a Scot over an Englishman but as I said yesterday really wanted Anderson to win, he ain't really Scottish anyway he can't be as he seems like such a nice bloke ;)

Great final, they didn't reach there absolute best but both still played fantastic and the tension was unbearable at times, brilliant.

I love the Darts :):)

Pleased with the PL picks as well the exact line up I was hoping for. :)

Absolutely amazing from Anderson TBF' date=' given all he had to go through with the bounce outs and the spectator to recompose himself and rattle off those three legs to win the set at such an important time was a monumental effort, mentally that was an amazing set of darts.

Can't believe I was cheering a Scot over an Englishman but as I said yesterday really wanted Anderson to win, he ain't really Scottish anyway he can't be as he seems like such a nice bloke ;)

Great final, they didn't reach there absolute best but both still played fantastic and the tension was unbearable at times, brilliant.

I love the Darts :):)

Pleased with the PL picks as well the exact line up I was hoping for. :)[/quote']

Oh he's definately scottish and he's stolen one of your women :D

Hahaha vote Yes :-)

Your British till you die, you're British till you die.....;):P

In all honesty I expect another referendum within twenty years and if Labour (God Forbid) need a Coalition I can see me going with the SNP and handing over even more powers to those greedy Scots......:(:)

Your British till you die' date=' you're British till you die.....;):P

In all honesty I expect another referendum within twenty years and if Labour (God Forbid) need a Coalition I can see me going with the SNP and handing over even more powers to those greedy Scots......:(:)[/quote']

I'll stand you a pint up at the bar ;)

After the brilliance of the PDC world. Championships it is actually painful watching the BDO version. The difference in quality is astonishing really' date=' such a wide gap in class.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. You perhaps get a handful of players who cross over and make the grade, Bunting been the most recent. Started off without a ranking in the PDC early in the year and I am sure he is close to breaking into the PDC top 20.

Couldn't agree more. You perhaps get a handful of players who cross over and make the grade' date=' Bunting been the most recent. Started off without a ranking in the PDC early in the year and I am sure he is close to breaking into the PDC top 20.[/font']

Bunting always had good ability and was always likely to "make the grade" in terms of switching and reaching a decent level but he is few and far between you look at the players in the BDO especially in the last five years and he is the only one who could make the grade others such as Hankey, Dekker etc have tried and failed miserably and yet in the BDO they are "stars"

The gulf is quite startling and TBH in my mind and I think 90% of the darts watching fans anybody who wins that event and really thinks they are the "champion of the world" is deluded.

You can only IMO gain real respect and credibility if you play the best and beat the best and the best (by a long distance) is the PDC. The quality depth in the PDC is remarkable nowadays look at some of the PDC. Qualifiers in the world such as the Soainard Cristo Reyes he averaged 96 over three games and that would easily win the tournament in the BDO.

The top average I have seen so far this year in the BDO is 88.92 and that would be laughed out of town on the PDC.

After the brilliance of the PDC world. Championships it is actually painful watching the BDO version. The difference in quality is astonishing really' date=' such a wide gap in class.[/quote']

Watched some mad Dutchman lose to a mad Belgian last night.... The Dutchman was on a finish while the Belgian was in the upper 300's and he used that many darts on the double that the Belgian caught up and won the leg :eek: it was the most painful thing I have ever watched :D

I can't believe it I am actually watching a really good quality contest.

Jamie Hughes V Glen Durrant in round 2 been really good both guys averaging about 97 and the checkout percentages are phenomenal, A really really good match.

law of averages meant I guess we would get one sometime whoever wins this will fancy there chances if they can keep this level of consistency they will walk the title.