Sign in to follow this  
ray1981

The Official Darts Thread

Re: The Official DARTS thread

I can't believe it I am actually watching a really good quality contest.

Jamie Hughes V Glen Durrant in round 2 been really good both guys averaging about 97 and the checkout percentages are phenomenal' date=' A really really good match.

law of averages meant I guess we would get one sometime whoever wins this will fancy there chances if they can keep this level of consistency they will walk the title.[/quote']

I think thats the problem.. the winner will probably average 37 in his next match where he will be thrashed by Bob from Doncaster British Legion

young English girl Sherrock just won :eek:

Yeh she ain't bad is Sherrock and TBH Lisa Ashton for an older bird ain't to bad either. Anastasia would almost certainly feel my wrath (or any other adjective you wish to use to describe it!!) LOL

Yep fantastic victory for her against Anastasia can't see her beating the current Champ Lisa Ashton in the final though. I heard she won her semi final 2-0 didn't see it but saw her demolition job yesterday where she averaged over 90 which in the woman's game is almost unheard of, TBF she would beat a lot of the men in the tournament.

Men's S/F line up complete

Scott Mitchell (4) V Jeff Smith (qualifier)

Martin Adams V Glen Durrant (7)

Think the Adams V Durrant game should be a cracker, Durrant has consistently been the best player all week but Adams has been there seen it and done it.

Yeh she ain't bad is Sherrock and TBH Lisa Ashton for an older bird ain't to bad either. Anastasia would almost certainly feel my wrath (or any other adjective you wish to use to describe it!!) LOL

Yep fantastic victory for her against Anastasia can't see her beating the current Champ Lisa Ashton in the final though. I heard she won her semi final 2-0 didn't see it but saw her demolition job yesterday where she averaged over 90 which in the woman's game is almost unheard of' date=' TBF she would beat a lot of the men in the tournament.

Men's S/F line up complete

Scott Mitchell (4) V Jeff Smith (qualifier)

Martin Adams V Glen Durrant (7)

Think the Adams V Durrant game should be a cracker, Durrant has consistently been the best player all week but Adams has been there seen it and done it.[/quote']

I was impressed with the standard of the women mate.... although 2 set matches seems very short:eek:

I was impressed with the standard of the women mate.... although 2 set matches seems very short:eek:

Well that can't be at the Darts to long mate or they won't have the time to complete all the washing and ironing at home......;)

There goes the female vote in the FOTY :P

TBF they have thrown some pretty decent Darts much better than recent years although watching the nine time Champ Trina Gulliver get destroyed by Lisa Ashton yesterday and averaging 54 throughout the contest was painful, always pretty painful when somebody who used to be so good becomes so awful...

Hahahaa' date=' seriously Ray :P Lisa Ashton?

She's as blokey as some of those Thai ladettes.[/quote']

Yeh I know but before I realised they were blokes I actually quite fancied two of them :o:p

I just think for her age she ain't bad.....I mean have you seen some of the Dutch girls in this tournament, now that's scary!!

Yeh I know but before I realised they were blokes I actually quite fancied two of them :o:p

I just think for her age she ain't bad.....I mean have you seen some of the Dutch girls in this tournament' date=' now that's scary!![/quote']

I haven't really been watching the women's as I'm not a massive fan of the BDO. 2 sets matches though? What's up with that?

You might have a point there though, I suppose when she's next up to darts players of her age then she'll look ok.

I haven't really been watching the women's as I'm not a massive fan of the BDO. 2 sets matches though? What's up with that?

You might have a point there though' date=' I suppose when she's next up to darts players of her age then she'll look ok.[/quote']

Well clearly the BDO ain't a patch on the PDC but at least the BDO give the women a platform to perform on unlike the PDC.

Standard as opposed to previous years ain't to bad this year the "better" women have been averaging 80+ and as I say Ashton averaged 92 ish I think it was last night and that would give most men a run for there money.

However the "poor" women are absolutely awful and nobody wants to see games where some of them have been averaging 50ish hence why I think they are only best of three sets along with the TV companies and paying public rather watching men's games than women's (not sexist just reality) and even I would fancy myself to beat that and my Darts are how shall we say wayward at the best of times :)

Well clearly the BDO ain't a patch on the PDC but at least the BDO give the women a platform to perform on unlike the PDC.

Standard as opposed to previous years ain't to bad this year the "better" women have been averaging 80+ and as I say Ashton averaged 92 ish I think it was last night and that would give most men a run for there money.

However the "poor" women are absolutely awful and nobody wants to see games where some of them have been averaging 50ish hence why I think they are only best of three sets along with the TV companies and paying public rather watching men's games than women's (not sexist just reality) and even I would fancy myself to beat that and my Darts are how shall we say wayward at the best of times :)

I think it's quite good that they show the women's, but it's not enough to get me to watch it as I'm really not that bothered if the standards that low.

i never knew there were ladies matches in it?........... i nearly jumped off the couch when I seen the blonde burd :D

Yeh you have missed three rounds already now and that Sherrock has a habit of dropping her darts and having to bend over to pick them up....

Sometimes the Cameraman seems to pick up on that and zoom the camera in a little faster....ideal for a man of your persuasions ;)

Gotta say though I'm glad they don't do that with Scott Mitchell in the main draw or Taylor in the PDC....

Yeh you have missed three rounds already now and that Sherrock has a habit of dropping her darts and having to bend over to pick them up....

Sometimes the Cameraman seems to pick up on that and zoom the camera in a little faster....ideal for a man of your persuasions ;)

Gotta say though I'm glad they don't do that with Scott Mitchell in the main draw or Taylor in the PDC....

I may have a new favourite darts player :P

Still early in the 2nd men's SF But Wolfie Martin Adams is on fire!!!

Two sets to the good against my pick for the title Durrant. TBF if he plays like this nobody can live with him, exceptional so far 103 average.

Early days still though!!

Martin Adams misses double 12 for the first nine darter in the BDO World Championships for 25 years by the width of the wire and then to compound matters he don't even win the Leg and goes on to lose the set :o

That's gotta hurt

4-3 Durrant

My GOD 136 finish makes it 4-4

I know I have laughed at the BDO but honestly this is one of the best matches I have ever seen!!!

Eight sets gone both players still averaging over a ton, brilliant checkout percentages, massive finishes, loads of 180's....

Magnificent!!

Oh my Martin Pulls it out the fire!!

Martin Adams 6 Glenn Durrant 5

A truely astonishing match probably one of the greatest darts matches ever 28 180's ten ton plus checkouts, ridiculous scoring, nearly the first nine darter there for 25 years unbelievable tension both men missing doubles to win the match before Adams showed tremendous nerve to win the match in such tension!!

Feel so sorry for Durrant he was my pick but he can be proud of the way he played, tremendous darts he missed two darts to win the match but he didn't bottle it he wired them and he must be heartbroken.

Tremendous advert for BDO Darts by and large most of the players have been absolute tripe but those two have stood out throughout the tournament and produced an all time classic.

Hope Adams beats fat boy Mitchell to win the final now, whoever won this match deserves to win the title.

Scott Mitchell 7 Martin Adams 6

The farmers boy wins the title in yet another tense affair. TBh I thought he was the better player and deserved the win, Wolfy didn't reach the heights he hit last night and that game clearly took a lot out of him and at 58 it was never gunna be easy.

Not great quality TBH but it was close and tense and that makes for a good game, that 158 checkout in the last set by Mitchell showed immense bottle after missing a dart for the title.

Congratulations also to Lisa Adhton on retaining the women's title after a 3-1 defeat of all the lads favourite Fallon Sherrock, strange game as Sherrock was the better scorer all game but couldn't hit her doubles and Ashton took advantage.

Scott Mitchell 7 Martin Adams 6

The farmers boy wins the title in yet another tense affair. TBh I thought he was the better player and deserved the win' date=' Wolfy didn't reach the heights he hit last night and that game clearly took a lot out of him and at 58 it was never gunna be easy.

Not great quality TBH but it was close and tense and that makes for a good game, that 158 checkout in the last set by Mitchell showed immense bottle after missing a dart for the title.

Congratulations also to Lisa Adhton on retaining the women's title after a 3-1 defeat of all the lads favourite Fallon Sherrock, strange game as Sherrock was the better scorer all game but couldn't hit her doubles and Ashton took advantage.[/quote']

Darn it I missed the ladies final... I now need to wait another year to see Sherrock bending over to pick her dart up off the floor :mad: