Game World News Feed - updated

Re: Game World News Feed - updated

it should be like it was before,at the bottom and with normal icons.Just return all the previous features.

And news articles should return improved with some added features eg comment. Then we dont need this new newsfeed if we have comment option in the previous newspapers section.Whoever wants to comment can open that particular news item and comment.It will not create any sort of problem and will make things better.

Old newspaper back and also a comment option and rest the layout and design remains same.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riferimento: Game World News Feed - updated

Afternoon all, We have improved the Game World News Feed to allow you to make comments on news items, post your own club stories and write your own stories/news items. We hope this will improve the

Re: Game World News Feed - updated A couple of suggestions that could be enhancements.... 1. Think about the priority of how messages should appear in the news feed, if there is a news item with lot

Cor people just dont like change do they...

one minor thing that bugs me, the 'x' by the comments, if i put a comment it offers the 'delete' option but others comments it offers 'report'

need to make that stand out better, swap the 'x' for 'report' or something, im constantly hitting it by mistake as its parallel to the club messages...

apart from that. its a great change. especially in busy GWs, its encouraging alot more interaction and postings within the GW, as not everyone visits the forum

I really like the idea to improve interaction between managers, and think this update is a step in the right direction.

The ability to be able to post status's and subsequent comments is excellent.

I'm unsure if I like the layout, but maybe slightly decreasing the size of the new icons may help.

But overall great stuff. :)

A lot of mixed viewpoints. After using the new feed the only real complaint I have is the 500 character limit. When doing previews for games or after match interviews there just isnt enough room.

I was a fierce opponent of the new feed but with a couple of adjustments then I would be ok with it.

Also, far from improving debate between managers, it has in the custom worlds I am taking part in, reduced the banter which I am confident could be resolved by increasing character space.

If this would take up too much space then surely you could show the first line or two and then simply have a ....read more (like on facebook) which would expand the item.

If character space is increased to at least 1000 then I would be converted.

Removing the unneccessary transfer news between 2 A.I. clubs would free up plenty of space as I am sure no one is interested that Joe Bloggs moved from US Luxemburg to Valletta for 10k

This change makes the News Feed a much bigger focal point so I think more is needed than just the endless dross of being told a manager has joined and then another message saying he has quit a minute later, or that a nobody has moved clubs for 200k etc,

I would like to see upcoming fixtures and results automatically posted there for comments. Automatic comments on milestones (100th game in charge, 100th goal for a player etc, 10 games undefeated). Also like ukfootballfan's idea of prompting messages from managers after games, even if it was just a preset response. The option to choose what news we see might be welcome.

couple of suggestions that could be enhancements....

1. Think about the priority of how messages should appear in the news feed, if there is a news item with lots of comments you don't want it to disappear the next time a batch of transfers complete.

2. Have a prompt to ask a player to comment on stories relevant to their club when they enter the club page, this could be a recently completed transfer, result or title win. It could also be a response to a comment made by a rival manager - Maybe have an option to turn this feature off in case some managers don't like it...

3. Match build up messages/banter. It would be great if before a game (or after the last round has completed) a manager is prompted to add a comment about up coming important matches, these could be used more frequently when its an important match i.e. against rivals, in the build up to a cup final or title/relegation decider.

4. Impact on squad/player moral. If there was a way of recording the type of comment made (via a drop down box or radio buttons etc) a manager could demonstrate if a comment was positive, negative, a complaint, speculation on title chances etc and they could have an impact on player concerns... i.e. Mess's concerns might increase if the manager played down the chances of winning the title etc but if a manager made comments that he had confidence in his squad and they would win the title and didn't the chairman might get unhappy..

5. Media speculation. If a manager wants to short list a player they could have the option of posting it in the news and adding a comment about i.e select from a drop down that they would be first choice or an important squad player etc - depending on that players current situation it could impact their concerns so if a player wasn't playing regularly at their current club but would be first choice (based on rating) at the club that is interested this might increase his concerns unless his current manager responded to the speculation in the right way..lots of interest from lots of managers could force a players concerns up quite quickly if they aren't playing - this shouldn't impact youth players unless they are good enough to be in the first team.

6. Rewards for regular contributors. Give regular contributors SM credits.

This is exactly the direction the News Feed is going to be moving in and one of the reasons we have made it more central to the club page. (Not everything above however!)

Over the next few weeks more interesting stories will start to come in.

Riferimento: Game World News Feed - updated

Afternoon all' date='

We have improved the Game World News Feed to allow you to make comments on news items, post your own club stories and write your own stories/news items. We hope this will improve the news feed by allowing a place for more interactions between mangers in the Game Worlds.

Managers can report comments and block users to stop unwanted activity.

You get a Notification if someone comments on your post or comments on something you previously commented on. You will also receive a Notification if your player, club, national association etc get tagged in a post / comment.

To tag a manager, player, club or national association then simply use the @ and then start typing. For example @roo... and then a popup appears with a list of results (similar to twitter).

Due to the revamped News Feed the Newspaper facility is being withdrawn.

We expect this new aspect to evolve over time subject to feedback so please let us have constructive feedback on how you are finding it. :)

Thanks

Eric[/quote']

Hi, do you think this is the most important problem about SM? I suggest to all admin to read concerns about users... Lot of them are unhappy (lev. 4, do you know what it means?)...

I report to you what majority SM people think by some month until today: the decadence of SM...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't care what SM do with the newsfeed or other changes to the interface, it would be nice to see Dev's spending time on threads which are important, e.g the ratings review system (or lack of) where their only input has been prepared statement which didn't actually say anything at all.

If SM are having problems let us know, perhaps invite comments which might help solve the difficulties being faced, but just ignoring paying customers results in huge discontent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I've been playing for 3 years and unfortunately I am suffering a huge amount of abuse on my game world feed in world league 804.

Many of my friends are contacting me in the league to ask why the leverkusen and liverpool managers abuse regarding paedophilia still remains on their feeds despite me blocking and reporting this for some time.

Can a developer from SM please delete these highly offensive news feed items in world league 804 and take action against the offending abusive manager please?

I know I can block them but all my friends can still read this hideous abuse.

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Am I just imagining it or has the amount of characters allowed in a comment been reduced from 500 to 300. It used to be 2000 on the old news feed. Now its 300. How long until it becomes pointless trying to post anything? What is going on? Do SM not want us to have a say on anything? This is getting beyond a joke now. We are getting less and less value for our money. Any chance of an explanation for the reduced amount of characters?

Am I just imagining it or has the amount of characters allowed in a comment been reduced from 500 to 300. It used to be 2000 on the old news feed. Now its 300. How long until it becomes pointless trying to post anything? What is going on? Do SM not want us to have a say on anything? This is getting beyond a joke now. We are getting less and less value for our money. Any chance of an explanation for the reduced amount of characters?

It's just that the newspaper shouldn't be removed, it was very helpful and popular for many of us. It was a mistake to be removed and frankly i don't know why they did it, it was a good feature in the game.