Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Championship 1

Javi MARTÍNEZ has moved to Celtic from Tottenham Hotspur in an exchange deal for Theo WALCOTT and Leonardo BITTENCOURT.

Some big transfer news for Spurs in preparation for Division 1.

Yeah nice doing business with you mate I needed to get rid of a winger because I have to many so when you countered Walcott I was delighted. Drew 1-1 with Roma gave up on this season hopefully do better next just lost the pace a bit to much with some weak results of late.

Congratulations to Jimmy Mack on winning the league with Juventus!

-

Birmingham City could become available in the next day or so.

Seconded well done, pity you couldn't beat my assistant managers side in the smfa. I really do despise playing unmanaged and assistant manager controlled sides the have super powers!:mad:

Congratulations to Jimmy Mack on winning the league with Juventus!

-

Birmingham City could become available in the next day or so.

Cheers mate, we left it late though! Had to win the game as Chelsea were winning comfortably and would have gone level on points with a much better goal difference.

4-3-3 Kamikaze tactics after 60 minutes did the business against a resolute Newcastle defence. Super sub Lars Bender coming off the bench to clinch it.

BTW: Just noticed I have a friendly against your Tottenham on Saturday. Do you want to play our youth teams?

Seconded well done' date=' pity you couldn't beat my assistant managers side in the smfa. I really do despise playing unmanaged and assistant manager controlled sides the have super powers!:mad:[/quote']

Cheers mate. Good luck in the final which, no disrespect to Teb, I hope you win. Although you'd better watch out if you do because your assistant will be after your job:rolleyes:

BTW: Just noticed I have a friendly against your Tottenham on Saturday. Do you want to play our youth teams?

Oh yes. I sent back BOJAN and WALKER, thanks for the season long loans. Ideally, I would like WALKER back next season so he can take our free kicks!

Oh yes. I sent back BOJAN and WALKER' date=' thanks for the season long loans. Ideally, I would like WALKER back next season so he can take our free kicks![/quote']

How about we play 'Olympic Rules' on Saturday: Players 23 or under + 3 over-age? Should make it fairer as my youth squad is stronger than yours (at the moment). I can loan you a couple of CB's and Walker for the game if you like.

Not sure about Walker for next season. I'll have to get back to you on that.

How about we play 'Olympic Rules' on Saturday: Players 23 or under + 3 over-age? Should make it fairer as my youth squad is stronger than yours (at the moment). I can loan you a couple of CB's and Walker for the game if you like.

Not sure about Walker for next season. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Sounds good. An 'Olympic Rules' match. Thanks for the offer of loans but I'll use home-grown players.

I understand about WALKER, as he's 89. I'll see what I need regarding loans sometime at the start of next season.

Sounds good. An 'Olympic Rules' match. Thanks for the offer of loans but I'll use home-grown players.

I understand about WALKER' date=' as he's 89. I'll see what I need regarding loans sometime at the start of next season.[/quote']

Walker or no Walker, I can definitely sort out some decent loans for you next season.:)

Walker or no Walker' date=' I can definitely sort out some decent loans for you next season.:)[/quote']

I'll have to start looking at 90+ players for Division 1. I'm used to 88/89 for Division 2.

I've just picked a decent side for Saturday. 8 players are home-grown 'Olympic' and under 23. For the rest of the team, instead of 3 over 23 players, I selected 3 'foreigners'. B)

I'll have to start looking at 90+ players for Division 1. I'm used to 88/89 for Division 2.

I've just picked a decent side for Saturday. 8 players are home-grown 'Olympic' and under 23. For the rest of the team' date=' instead of 3 over 23 players, I selected 3 'foreigners'. B)[/quote']

I was thinking age limit when I suggested 'Olympic rules'. I guess you're thinking along the lines of a national team? Either way, you make the call.

I was thinking age limit when I suggested 'Olympic rules'. I guess you're thinking along the lines of a national team? Either way' date=' you make the call.[/quote']

Yes, I'm going to put out an U23 team of 8 of the same nationality plus 3 foreigners. I need the 3 foreigners to boost the average rating. If it was all the same nationality my team would be too weak for Juventus. I see this as a prestige friendly, Division 1 Champions v Division 2 Champions.

Yes' date=' I'm going to put out an U23 team of 8 of the same nationality plus 3 foreigners. I need the 3 foreigners to boost the average rating. If it was all the same nationality my team would be too weak for Juventus. I see this as a prestige friendly, Division 1 Champions v Division 2 Champions.[/quote']

Sounds good. I wonder if the fixture was a coincidence or part of a SM masterplan:rolleyes:

I'm going to put out an all Spanish team with a foreign goalkeeper, which is probably mt strongest option.

Following on from the recent Juventus v Tottenham friendly, the aforementioned teams and Celtic have decided to inaugurate a WC1 Youth League. It is proposed that the League takes the form of a number of 'Conferences' who will each put forward a nominee for the playoff stage of the competition.

Celtic, Juventus and Tottenham have therefore agreed to form the initial 'European Conference' and will, via this thread, lay out the rules of our conference.

I would propose that:

Each team plays the other 4 times - 2 twice home and twice away - meaning a total of eight games during the conference stage.

Usual points apply - 3 for a win one for a draw.

Only players still in the youth squad are eligible. This can include players over 21 that are still in the youth squad as well as players 21 or under that are in the senior squad.

A rate cap of 88

Loan players shall be considered ineligible

If any ineligible player takes part in any match that match will be considered forfeited to the opponent and will be recorded as a 1-0 loss. If both teams field an ineligible player the match will be declared void and be replayed.

At the end of the conference season the conference winner will go forward to the playoff stage (dates and rules to be agreed with other conferences). The conference winner will be the team with the most points. In the event of a tie the winner will be determined after reviewing the head-to-head results between the teams.

If no other conference puts forward a nominee for the playoffs then the final will take place between the top two in the European Conference to determine the WC1 Youth League champion. Above rules to determine the top two.

The final to take place at the end of the regular season after the final league game.

I now throw open the floor to Celtic and Tottenham for proposed amendments to the above rules.

Following on from the recent Juventus v Tottenham friendly' date=' the aforementioned teams and Celtic have decided to inaugurate a WC1 Youth League. It is proposed that the League takes the form of a number of 'Conferences' who will each put forward a nominee for the playoff stage of the competition.

Celtic, Juventus and Tottenham have therefore agreed to form the initial 'European Conference' and will, via this thread, lay out the rules of our conference.

I would propose that:

Each team plays the other 4 times - 2 twice home and twice away - meaning a total of eight games during the conference stage.

Usual points apply - 3 for a win one for a draw.

Only players still in the youth squad are eligible. This can include players over 21 that are still in the youth squad as well as players 21 or under that are in the senior squad.

A rate cap of 88

Loan players shall be considered ineligible

If any ineligible player takes part in any match that match will be considered forfeited to the opponent and will be recorded as a 1-0 loss. If both teams field an ineligible player the match will be declared void and be replayed.

At the end of the conference season the conference winner will go forward to the playoff stage (dates and rules to be agreed with other conferences). The conference winner will be the team with the most points. In the event of a tie the winner will be determined after reviewing the head-to-head results between the teams.

If no other conference puts forward a nominee for the playoffs then the final will take place between the top two in the European Conference to determine the WC1 Youth League champion. Above rules to determine the top two.

The final to take place at the end of the regular season after the final league game.

I now throw open the floor to Celtic and Tottenham for proposed amendments to the above rules.[/quote']

Sounds good.

The rating cap is too high for Spurs to be successful in the tournament. :( I don't even have any 88's in my youth team. I would say a cap of 86/87.

Congatulations to Celtic on winning the Champions League! At least I went out to the eventual winners;)

Commiserations to Teb tho' - bad luck getting 2 players sent off so early in the game.

Congatulations to Celtic on winning the Champions League! At least I went out to the eventual winners;)

Commiserations to Teb tho' - bad luck getting 2 players sent off so early in the game.

It actually credited me with the win in my trophy cabinet despite not being a GM. A nice 5m prize money as well would have rather had Teb win though. Dzeko available if anyone is interested let me know.

It actually credited me with the win in my trophy cabinet despite not being a GM. A nice 5m prize money as well would have rather had Teb win though. Dzeko available if anyone is interested let me know.

I might be interested in Dzeko. Let me take a look at who I can offer as a p/e. Perhaps you could give me some idea of what positions you're looking to strengthen?

BTW: Any thoughts on the youth league proposal?

I might be interested in Dzeko. Let me take a look at who I can offer as a p/e. Perhaps you could give me some idea of what positions you're looking to strengthen?

BTW: Any thoughts on the youth league proposal?

Not so much positions but i'll give you names -

Lar/Sven BENDER

VERTONGHEN (MAYBE)

REUS

ALBA - VERY INTERESTED

PHIL JONES

LUCAS

SHAQIRI

WALKER

BARTRA

As for the youth league seems fine except I don't have a eligible goalkeeper well I do by age but not by rating in De Gea. I do have plenty of cash though so if there is a reasonably good gk at external i'll buy him if not then i can't enter.

Not so much positions but i'll give you names -

Lar/Sven BENDER

VERTONGHEN (MAYBE)

REUS

ALBA - VERY INTERESTED

PHIL JONES

LUCAS

SHAQIRI

WALKER

BARTRA

As for the youth league seems fine except I don't have a eligible goalkeeper well I do by age but not by rating in De Gea. I do have plenty of cash though so if there is a reasonably good gk at external i'll buy him if not then i can't enter.

The only one of the list that I'd part with is Phil Jones at the moment. As for the youth league, I'm in the same boat. The best available goalkeeper option is rated 82 but what do we really have to lose? It's just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

The only one of the list that I'd part with is Phil Jones at the moment. As for the youth league' date=' I'm in the same boat. The best available goalkeeper option is rated 82 but what do we really have to lose? It's just a bit of fun at the end of the day.[/quote']

If you could do Jones and Batra or Rafinha you've got yourself a deal.

I was actually quite surprised to find out that I didnt have a eligible goalkeeper considering the amount of players I have but only 2 gks. :D

If you could do Jones and Batra or Rafinha you've got yourself a deal.

I was actually quite surprised to find out that I didnt have a eligible goalkeeper considering the amount of players I have but only 2 gks. :D

I don't want to sell Rafinha but I've thrown in a young keeper if you're interested.

Congatulations to Celtic on winning the Champions League!

Yes, congratulations to Celtic and the assistant manager.

-

Is 86 acceptable for everybody for the U21 cap?