Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

If anyone with a weak squad wants to spin some money - i have loads of players at sao paulo rated 80-85 who are valued by my chairman at only half their SM value, so if you can offer higher than the unmanaged clubs (ie. above chairman's crappy value) then i will accept.

Basically buying them off me is cheaper than free agents!

note that this is the fringe players who are TRL, not the main squad!

thank you.

Chelsea finally beaten after a 31 game unbeaten streak since end of last season to game 19. Where chelsea were brought down to earth aftera 4-2 away loss to Bolton Wanderers. However Real Madrid failed to capitalise on Chelsea's first loss due to loosing 2-1 to Monaco

I

Manchester city had a dismal run lately :( but the new manager believes that the club is in a revival process & he intends to own no silverware this season..with an average squad packed with old legs ,the manager is working hard to bring fresh talent to the squad & a budget that is of little help..recent weeks have seen few struggling players leave the squad & new talent added..players like Martin caceres,Francesco Pisano,christian benitez,Cheike Gueye, Emmanuel cerda,kenwyne jones & few others have already moved to city & charles kabore is on his way

PS: harry69memic, you have a great squad there...the best I've seen in SM...congrats for your cup win over city

PS: harry69memic' date=' you have a great squad there...the best I've seen in SM...congrats for your cup win over city[/quote']

haha cheers mate, however i cannot take all the credit it should be the previous manager who made them this good, i just took over a graet team and added like 4-5 class players into it that all.

Also im loaning Aimar if interested

chelsea had an amazing squad when i joined the setup towards the end of season 1... probably the first manager cheated because in those days you could just take control of another team in the setup and sell all the good players for 10k!

that doesnt take anything away from harry though, he must be an excellent manager to be undefeated for 31 games! :)

thanks..I'm gonna make a loan request right away...clubs like mine never get to see a 90 rated player in the squad...

does anyone know who the previous city manager was?? How could someone have packed a side with so many old legs! [:D]

Welcome to the Setup Im In My First Full Season With Santos

Its Compititive Your Just Ahead Of Me, If I Get promoted From D3 In the Next 2 Seasons (Excluding This One) Il Be Happy.

Managed To Grab Some Youngsters Which Im Very Happy With, Got A very Weak Team When I tOOk Over, So Trying My Best.

Just Noticed My Stadium Got a Decease Which Im Unhappy About So I cant Afford To Even BY Backup players.

Spend Wisely ;)

chelsea had an amazing squad when i joined the setup towards the end of season 1... probably the first manager cheated because in those days you could just take control of another team in the setup and sell all the good players for 10k!

that doesnt take anything away from harry though' date=' he must be an excellent manager to be undefeated for 31 games! :)[/quote']

haha well that was my thought when i joined wc1 at first with man utd because they were missing all their superstar players and had one chelsea player who was bought for like 90 mil lol. But chlesea were in debt by 25+ mil

But yer my results for last two games havent been great, as Real Madrid is closing the gap :D. ONce i get out of the Cup ill pretty much be loaning out a lot more players such as Drogba and RVN if chairman allows, so ppl who want those players keep in mind when i get knocked out.

Also cheers for Di Santo Rather, however saw Macauley too late and SHleburne snatched him up :D :D

Welcome to the Setup Im In My First Full Season With Santos

Its Compititive Your Just Ahead Of Me' date=' If I Get promoted From D3 In the Next 2 Seasons (Excluding This One) Il Be Happy.

Managed To Grab Some Youngsters Which Im Very Happy With, Got A very Weak Team When I tOOk Over, So Trying My Best.

Spend Wisely ;)[/quote']

I've been in the setup for five weeks now...just got into the forum few days back...you've been doing good scouting..you were the first to reach gokhan & christantus....but I manged to add charles kabore

yeah..itz really close & one bad game can turn it all around...

Pablo Aimar ..Immediate impact ...

The player on loan from chelsea takes city to fifth in the table...with only 5 points separating the 7 teams in the middle ..the city manager feels they are back to winning ways & admits the game plan was meant to highlight Aimar..

SPORTING LISBON 0-1 AZ ALKMAAR

az-alkmaar.jpg

Sir Mike Giggs continues his 100% Record (3 Games, Says one game on profile but I had accidentally quit it the other day) with AZ Alkmaar as they move 3rd beating Sporting Lisbon 1-0.

Martijn Meerdink scored the only goal in the game in the 3rd Minute with a curling shot which flew past Ricardo. 1 Minute later loanee Aldo Duscher headed it just wide (Would like to thank Danny for loaning him to me he's been great help

So I guess this is the current thread for WC 1 ???

I've just swapped a very good Lyon team for the struggling giant that is Juventus in this setup and hope to turn them around. Just looking at some of the other managers (and squads) I know it won't be easy.

Let the battle commence!

JM

with the season almost drawing to a finish, how about all of us write where our clubs are heading, all the signings of the last season, the ones that were shown the way out & the ones u would rather get rid off before the next season...perhaps like an annual report thread!......its strange that this thread still hasn't really taken off even when most of us are forumers!!

Sounds good to me, i will try and get the ball rolling!

Am at Olympiacos. They were in poor shape when I picked them up but are doing well at the moment, top of Div 3 and 10 points ahead of 4th place so am hoping for a 2nd successive promotion.

I havent had much money to spend, the club was financially in tatters not so long ago when i picked them up, but here are my season's signings:

CB - English WHEATER, David Olympiacos 20 84 £4.2M £1.3M

CM/AM - Russian TORBINSKY, Dmitri Olympiacos 23 88 £6.3M £3.7M

CB - Moldovian EPUREANU, Alexandu Olympiacos 21 86 £5.3M £2.0M & Haris BUKVA & Romain DANZE

CB LnL

Brazilian VILSON , Xavier Olympiacos 19 82 £3.1M £125k

M LnL

Brazilian ROGER , Roberto Olympiacos 21 78 £1.3M £125k

RB LnL

Turkish MURAT , Kalkan Olympiacos 21 75 £532k £55k

CB - Turkish SERVET, Cetin Olympiacos 26 88 £5.7M £4.2M

RM LnL

Bulgarian OGNYANOV, Anton Olympiacos 19 75 £563k £20k

RB/CB LnL

Dutch ALTHEER, Jeffrey Olympiacos 20 77 £1.0M £20k

CM/RM - German JONES, Jermaine Olympiacos 26 87 £5.1M £1.9M

CB LnL

French BAYSSE, Paul Olympiacos 19 70 £10k £10k

LM/F LnL

Congolese MALONGA, Chris Olympiacos 20 74 £351k £250k

LB LnL

Welsh BASEY, Grant Olympiacos 19 70 £10k £10k

RM/CM Int

Argentinian VALERI, Diego Olympiacos 21 87 £5.9M 0 & Demba BA & Artem DZYUBA

DM/CB LnL

Ivorian TIOTE, Cheik Olympiacos 21 82 £3.0M £400k

RB/LB - German LELL, Christian Olympiacos 23 87 £5.6M £3.5M & Eric CARRIERE

AM/F LnL

Belgian LAMAH, Roland Olympiacos 19 84 £4.3M £850k

F/W LnL

Dutch GEORGE, Leroy Olympiacos 20 82 £3.1M £250k

RB LnL

Brazilian EDSON , Ramos Olympiacos 21 73 £192k £100k

LM LnL

Spanish BRUNO, Soriano Olympiacos 23 76 £722k £650k

They have all had or will have rating increases soon, so fairly happy with them. All the top class players are bought up really so am having to work from the ground up, which is more fun anyway.

As for who can go... well, Nikopolidis, Anatolakis and Konstantinou will probably be the first out the door. They are the only player left from the team I took on, besides Figo, who can also go at the price. In fact, I would consider selling anyone really.

Well i'm Deportivo,picked them up late last season and managed to get them 7th in D2 missing out on promotion.Since then I sold Xabi Alonso for 45 million,Joaquin and Van Bommel and have dominated the league most of the season.On top of that new signings David Odonkor,Lassana Diarra and Rosina haven't been bad either..Also a big factor was the deal for Ronaldo (93) 15 million and Carlos Alberto seemed to be a steal!

With 6 games to go it looks like this...

1,255.gif Dinamo Moskva 65 points

2,145.gifDEPORTIVO 61 points

3,254.gifCSKA Moskva 54 points

There's no one I really want to sell,but I might sell Rio Ferdinand for a good deal in P/E ;)

Good luck to teb in division 2 as its tough!

and everyone else involved

Good job Teb & Danny!

City was in a transition phase this season with a lot of players shown the way out & only 3 from the first team have survived...when I took over most of the squad was way above 30 & club was heading to crisis. Most of the talent was already taken & beyond what club can afford .So I had to go for relatively unknown or less hyped players like Cigarini, gueye, Caceres who have all come cheap & drawing attention of some big clubs in real life!..I have couple of signings in mind & a 7 M deal for some midfielder( & that would equal the club record,if the deal gets done!).I'd like to hang on to the young talented fullback Pisano, but might well have to sell him...It's been a satisfactory year, at a respectable 7th in DIV 3 & 3 points behind the fourth..looks like the club is in the right track finally!

Transfers IN

Luca CIGARINI CM 21 86->87 ?

Cheikh GUEYE LB/CB 20 85->86/87 ?

Martin CACERES CB 20 86->87?

Torres FERNANDO VEGA LB 23 86->87?

Andranik TEYMOURIAN CM 24 86->84/85? Poor signing & leaving when the Ban lifts

Emmanuel CERDA F 20 85

Christian BENITEZ F 21 88

Kenwyne JONES CF 23 84->87?

Yoan GOUFFRAN F 21 86->87/88?

Volodymyr YEZERSKYI RB/CB 31 88

Francesco Pisano RB 21 85

Youth squad addition

Charles KABORÉ *** LM/CM 19 75->82 ?

Tresor MPUTU ***

Daniel PAREJO *** CM 18 70

Francesco BOLZONI CM 18 71

José CASADO ** LB 21 77->80?

Already in the squad

GUTHRIE, Danny CM 20 81->84?

BRUNO PEREIRINHA W 19 82->83?...previous manager spent 6M on him!!!!

:eek:

Transfers out ...Have a look at the age

Per NIELSEN CB 34 87->85

Manuel FERNANDO COUTO CB 38 86

Jimmy Floyd HASSELBAINK CF 35 85

Nico VAN KERCKHOVEN LB/CB 37 85

Arjan DE ZEEUW CB 37 85

Andrew COLE F 36 86

Stephen CARR RB 31 87

Ben THATCHER LB 32 85

Jasmin AGIC LM/CM 33 82->79

Kevin PHILLIPS F 34 86

Kiki MUSAMPA LM/AM 30 86 ..struggling to find a club in real life

Jerome LEROY RM 33 89

Lee HENDRIE CM/RM 30 86

Darius VASSELL F 27 87

Oliver KIRCH RB/RM 25 85->86

Lee CROFT RM 22 84

Andrea ALBERTI F 22 77

Carlos JOAO COIMBRA CM 21 79

SIBIERSKI, Antoine F/AM 33 87->86/85? Transfer listed

SUN, Jihai RB/M 30 86->83/84? Transfer listed

....& the ones that saved the axe

IRELAND, Stephen CM/RM 19 87->88?

DISTIN, Sylvain CB/LB 30 89->90?

ENGELHARDT, Marco DM/LM 27 87...safe just for now

Good luck Jimmy' date=' would offer you some loans or something but my team is still very much a work in progress...but doing OK so far.[/quote']

Cheers mate! Although my team have had six wins on the bounce now so I probably wouldn't need 'em! Tough match coming up against Sao Paulo tonight but I remain hopeful.

BTW anyone have a 90+ rated LB for sale?

Hey guys, I took over Lyon a few weeks back in this setup. I'm trying to prevent relegation which is going OK with a 3 match unbeaten run leaving me 14th with 40 points - just need 6 more to make it mathematically certain...

I haven't bought or sold anyone as of yet but will certainly have to do some wheeling and dealing to cut the squad size down.. have a fair few players loan listed and transfer listed so feel free to enquire :)

Manager signs in a young prospect from Mexica...Sergio Avila is the third player to be added to city from the Mexican league this season.. after a double swap deal for Benitez earlier this season...Manager seems to have few good scouts based there & didn't take long to convince a city move for Avila...& the midweek game against santos gave the home fans a chance to see Sibiersky & Jihai for the last time in City colours...

Setup transfer news

Milan spends heavily as they get active in the transfer market....Arteta -35 M, Muntari -19 M, Maduro -18 M, Jose Sand-10 M, Luis Edu -8 M, Chalme 7 M, Larsson -2M were all brought in this turn as they lighten the cash bag with deals that add up to around 100 M!!

I hope Matt won't mind me posting this!