Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

Wow, that's some nice spending! I have a small negative balance so won't be making any big buys. Having said that I never do really.

Finally won, ended a small but worrying dry spell for me, and am somehow still top of Division 3.

3 games to go, and 8 points clear of 4th place, so one win or two draws would ensure safety.

With the second last round of fixtures coming up the 1st division relegation fight couldn't be any tighter with 7 clubs still fighting to avoid the drop.

Games G/D points

• 14 PSG 36 -25 41
  • 15 LYON 36 -21 40
  • 16 Benfica 36 -15 39
  • 17 D Kyiv 36 -18 36
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 18 Juventus 36 -28 36
  • 19 FC Porto 36 -25 33
  • 20 Barcelona 36 -36 31

The French player rating changes probably couldn't have come at a worse time for my Lyon team with more red arrows than green! :P Sylvain Wiltord's career now looks over at the French giants after his latest rating fall and increasing age. A bid of £3.4 from Messina looks to have captured the 88 rated French forward who has increasingly become a bit part player this season.

First Full Season With Santos' date=' Mid'ish Table (8th) As Exspected, See What Happens Next Year, Havent A Great Squad & Small Stadium.

So Financis Are Tight, Wont Get Much At End Of Season Either

4.4 In Debt As It Is B)

Got to the Semi Of The Cup Aswll Which Wasa Suprise[/quote']

Small squad!?!?! 38 youth players!

With one more game to go, the mid table battle could not have gotten more exciting....with Santos & Ajax threatening to go up & with city welcoming leaders Olympiacos for season's last fixture, it would be hard to hang on to the sixth place!

...financial situation is within control now & few more signings to come..with rating changes coinciding with the start of the new season, I'll have my squad by the middle of next month...

Small squad!?!?! 38 youth players!

Great

Small

Great =First Rate, Very Good

Small = Not Great Numerically... A Small Ammount

:rolleyes:

In the context i was using the word in, i meant Not Great, Strong Would Have Been a Better Word To Use,

You Should Have Koped That In Realtion To The Way I Was Using The Sentence.

Another Win Last Night, Far From Mid'Ish Table Now ;)

:D

Back to back promotions for Olympiacos :D

Failing a trashing on the last game of the season, my 3 point lead and goal difference will see me finish top of Div 3. Sounds like we are all doing fairly well, keep it up lads. :)

I am fairly sound financially, a small amount in debt but nothing to worry about, but will be sweeping the changes after Wednesday's game.

Konstantinou (88CF) for sale, and Figo (93 W) can go for a decent player exchange deal if anyone is interested. Anatolakis (87 CB) also for sale. Talented young Giles Barnes (85 AM/F) can also go for a decent offer.

Celtic win promotion

A few games ago promotion was still possible or Celtic, but highly unlikely. However, a few bad results for Leverkusen as well as 4 wins in the last 5 games for Celtic were enough for Celtic to make it to Division 2.

Before the game Celtic were 3 points behind Leverkusen and needed a win at home against Shelbourne's Santos and a loss from Leverkusen at home against Feyenoord. Here's what happened:

17th minute:

GOAL!! - Evaeverson BRANDAO caresses in a curling shot! What technique!

Celtic 1 - 0 Santos

18th minute:

GOAL!! - A brilliant through-ball leaves Humberto SUAZO with just the keeper to beat and he confidently places it! Great finish!

Celtic 2 - 0 Santos

GOAL!! - A long ball down the middle is collected by Barry FERGUSON who drills home a right foot shot!

Bayer Leverkusen 0 - 1 Feyenoord

53rd minute:

GOAL!! - The ball is played square to Mateja KEZMAN on the edge of the box who rasps home a screamer!

Bayer Leverkusen 0 - 2 Feyenoord

86th minute:

GOAL!! - Benjani MWARUWARI rounds the keeper and finishes from an acute angle!

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 2 Feyenoord

Final scores:

Celtic 2 - 0 Santos

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 2 Feyenoord

Table standings:

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts

3 Celtic 38 20 5 13 84 56 28 65

4 Bayer Leverkusen 38 17 14 7 59 36 23 65

Celtic will now look to make some signings to strengthen the squad for the next season.

Well done, we will both be in Div 2 next season it seems.

Have transfer listed some players if anyone is interested:

TBd

Cypriot KONSTANTINOU, Michalis CF 29 88 100 Superb £4.5M £4.2M - 7.67 26(5) 20 4 yrs £44,500 14 5 1 0

TrL

French HERMACH, Adil CM 21 71 100 Excellent £22k £10k - 0.00 0(0) 0 5 yrs £3,450 0 0 0 0

TrL

Greek ANATOLAKIS, Giorgos CB 33 87 77 Superb £2.3M £3.0M - 7.13 31(0) 1 4 yrs £21,750 1 1 3 0

TrL

English BARNES, Giles AM/F 19 86 100 Adequate £5.6M £5.4M - 0.00 0(0) 0 2 yrs £12,150 0 0 0 0

TrL

Nigerian ANICHEBE, Victor CF 19 87 100 Good £6.3M £7.4M - 0.00 0(0) 0 3 yrs £12,300 0 0 0 0

TrL

Portugese FIGO, Luis W/AM 35 93 77 Superb £2.7M £3.7M - 7.40 35(0) 4 2 yrs £45,000

Juventus avoid relegation after Berbatov brace at Camp Nou

Mission accomplished! After taking over late in the season, when Juventus were all but relegated, I've managed to turn around the team with 8 wins from 11 games. On top of which we have now cleared out the dead wood and have a fine blend of youth and experience to challenge for honours next season.

Onward and upward!

So this is how it stands at the end of sixth season!!

Division 1:

champions: chelsea

RELEGATIONS:

Dynamo Kyiv

FC Porto

Barcelona

Division 2:

PROMOTIONS:

Dinamo Moskva

Deportivo La Coruña

CSKA Moskva

RELEGATIONS:

Arsenal

Spartak Moskva

Lokomotiv Moskva

Division 3

Olympiacos

Athletic Bilbao

Celtic

RELEGATIONS:

River Plate

Blackburn Rovers

Panathinaikos

Division 4

PROMOTIONS:

Hamburger SV

Newcastle United

VFB Stuttgart

......& all division 3 sides beware!...that Arsenal side will be tough to beat!

TOM JOINS AUXERRE

Tom, whose admitted he has waited months, and months has now finally got a job in WC1 with French outfit Auxerre. They finished the last season averagely in 15th but Tom wants to move the team into the next few gears and push for a place in division 2. " Im honoured to be approach and appointed boss here, I'll do whatever I can to make this team a real nasty team to play against, and make our ground a real fortress, not a 3 point palace,"

KAHLEBURG - AVAILABLE!

Young 24 year old Danishman Thomas Kahlenburg has been transfer listed by Auxerre for around 12m. His rating is currently 89 but Tom said he has no option but to sell him so he can gain funds for his team to strengthen his new Auxerre side.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Anyone got a decent CB for sale

I have Matty Taylor for P/E as well as Viduka

FELL FREE TO POST still have over 8 M left :o

lol, well i figured since no one will sell me the best brazilians, i will have to get them before they are good... trouble is, no one knows which crappy players will become good, so i just bought all of them:D it has proved a good strategy so far! picked up marcelo, breno, denilson, lucas etc without really knowing anything about them at the time.

on another note - i bid £16m for david luiz of rangers, then a few minutes later fenerbahce bid £3m plus an 84 rated player to just about meet the chairman's value and rangers accepted their offer over mine! Click 'Report' on the transfer page if you agree this is a suspicious deal!

because 3 of us clicked Report it got rejected by smfa. then i bid £14m and rangers rejected it, now fenebahce have made another undisclosed bid for him... if it is less than £14m i will submit a ticket... but i dont know how... any advice?:)

because 3 of us clicked Report it got rejected by smfa. then i bid £14m and rangers rejected it' date=' now fenebahce have made another undisclosed bid for him... if it is less than £14m i will submit a ticket... but i dont know how... any advice?:)[/quote']

Just go here:

http://www.soccermanager.com/support.php?action=create&category=Support

Select "Cheating - Transfers" and explain them how the Rangers manager is accepting a bid that is considerably inferior to yours for the 2nd time with as many details as possible.