Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

Early exit for city from the WC shield…city fielded a weak side resting most of their key players.

“It was a tough choice to make…getting into the field & not putting up your best eleven is a hard thing to agree with…but we need to get our priorities right…besides players like Guthrie, De Ceglie , Angel & Edson can’t be kept out for too long …they would’ve fit into most of our lineups last season…it just shows that the squad has got better.. we’ve had few setbacks this season …but we’d still go on with insistence on youth…I’d love to see how some of these players perform in cup games.”

lol' date=' well i figured since no one will sell me the best brazilians, i will have to get them before they are good... trouble is, no one knows which crappy players will become good, so i just bought all of them:D it has proved a good strategy so far! picked up marcelo, breno, denilson, lucas etc without really knowing anything about them at the time.

[/quote']

Hey rarther …just saw you’ve added kanoute to your side …I’ve never seen your first team with someone from outside Brazil…a deviation from club policy should mean that u are really pushing for the title this season…Good luck :)

hehe well spotted! I have had a few non brazilians over my time, but only as bargaining chips... 99% of managers would prefer £10m + kanoute for their 94 rated brazilian than £10m + the £25m that he cost me!;)

feel sorry for zenit st peterberg:( they have minus £20m in the bank and only 18 players so they can't sell anyone. augusto fernandez went up to 89 (chairman value 12.4m) and they could have cleared the debt with selling him... but they can't:eek: that club has had about 50 managers since it went into debt:(

someone needs to offer them cash + some players

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Plugging away in Div 2

Doing fairly well considering im up against the big boys

I might be partail to sell Viduka and Boateng in a joint deal - CUT PRICE

anyway good luck chumps

thought someone should post this...Real Betis has accepted a bid for Eric Abidal from Real Madrid of 99.9M + Michael OWEN + Henrique PEDRO OLDONI...:eek: I don't think the deal might go through...but some managers do need to know the value of money..

thought someone should post this...Real Betis has accepted a bid for Eric Abidal from Real Madrid of 99.9M + Michael OWEN + Henrique PEDRO OLDONI...:eek: I don't think the deal might go through...but some managers do need to know the value of money..

Except when ya have none like poor aul Santos (crys)

Except when ya have none like poor aul Santos (crys)

but you have an awesome youth squad worth a jackpot....besides if players like Torres, henry & cole can play on loan for you, why bother buying them...aint that poor after all...:P

Still aiming for my ambition of promotion from Div 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 in successive seasons. Had a bit of a rocky start but the team seems to be improving and have crept up to eighth, so still a reasonable chance as four points off the top three and 17 games to go.

This Seasons Goin Alot Better Than I Exspected & Could Well Get Promoted,

In Debt For as While Now, £2.6M AT The Moment, Beat Dans Arsenal 4-0 @ Home Last Game To End a 3 Game Losing Streak.

Would Accept Large Ammount Of Cash For Any Player Probily.. AT This Stage

This Seasons Goin Alot Better Than I Exspected & Could Well Get Promoted' date='

In Debt For as While Now, £2.6M AT The Moment, Beat Dans Arsenal 4-0 @ Home Last Game To End a 3 Game Losing Streak.

Would Accept Large Ammount Of Cash For Any Player Probily.. AT This

Stage[/quote']

Ive got a few quid knocking about.....which team and players have you got?

Im the Aston Villa manager......not doing too bad at the moment

"...we were lucky enough to hang on to the seventh place last season....but this season there is a general belief in the squad that we DESERVE to be promoted...this squad has developed a lot in a season & now unbeaten in the last seven games...we have slowly but surely pushed our way to the top half...placed at fourth now...but not far behind santos & Auxerre...with Auxerre most likely to slip, city are in with a good chance to qualify!"

..& big game up against Santos this weekend!!...shelbs, looking forward to it!

i have been looking on the new players practically every day but you guys keep snapping up my brazilians! stop it they're miiiiiiiiiine!!!!:)

anyone want ilsinho (RB/88) ?

also, anyone got any good brazilians they want to swap for kanoute (CF/94) when his transfer ban is over? not too keen on cash as it's like water in this setup!:eek:

i have been looking on the new players practically every day but you guys keep snapping up my brazilians! stop it they're miiiiiiiiiine!!!!:)

If I ever decide to sell my Brazilians I'll let you know first!...BTW you should never have let Hernanes leave!...The Sao Paulo reject is a first team regular here!

Amazing week this has been for city ...maintained their unbeaten run..up in the top 3..& signed Santacroce,ACQUAFRESCA & Pjanic ...all incredible talent!

"its hard to believe Pjanic just turned 18... he would soon be where caceres or Cigarini is now!"

"WE are one game away from equaling the club record...but city have the toughest away fixture ahead...against Leverkusen who have been unbeaten in the league for 14 games now winning 12 out of it!!"

Yeah, with hindsight a very bad decision. I get annoyed by having under-90 rated players in my squad who aren't youths so I am easily persuaded to sell them. Looks like he will be 90 soon though! good buy.

I see your city are falling at the last hurdles like my sao paulo! uh ohhh...

Well if you need to loan any players just request them. My chairman lets anyone under 91 go I think (or could be 90). I notice you could do with a good CF... i have Bobo to loan if interested

* * * F O R S A L E ! ! ! * * *

Freddie KANOUTE 94-rated CF, 11 goals in 18 div 1 games (second highest goal efficiency in div 1), top ave performance in my team of 7.89. Plays for Sao Paulo - joint 2nd place in the setup.

He is the only foreigner in my Brazil all-star team so I want to sell. I bought him only to trade for quality Brazilians. His transfer ban is now over so if you have players I might want (brazilian 90+) please make an offer! I had him reserved for the barcelona manager who accepted £50m + kanoute for robinho, but then he left the team and it collapsed! DOH! So now it's your opportunity to take him...

90+ brazilians a distinct advantage in any bid, cash not desired but will consider offers, strictly no foreign player swap offers as that's the reason i want to sell him in the first place:rolleyes: If you think your offer is not that good then don't bother offering as I will think so too!;)

Thanks B)

1st place Sao Paulo defeat 3rd place Roma to get a tight grip on the prestigious WC1 1st division title... 5 points ahead with 2 games remaining:cool:

Chelsea's monopoly over the setup is officially over :D They worked their way up the table during the season after a poor start, but they now sit in 5th spot after winning a hat-trick of titles on the trot:eek:

Also of note, teje's Celtic is top of div 2 and Alvin's Man City sneak into the promotion spots in the 3rd division:eek:

Well done so far Sao Paulo - good to see the Chelsea monopoly has broken up a bit.

Am currently managing Lyon - have neglected them a bit this year so only sitting a few places above relegation, need to sort the squad out a bit really - inherited it towards end of last season and most players have declined in any rating changes so the teams worsening with time!

A Draw Away To Marseille Last Night,

Some Results Went My Way, Have Massive Game Against Schalke 04 At Home On Saturday & then The Final Game Will Just Be As Important.. I Might Well Have To Win Both Remaining Games

Im Currently Over 8 Million In Debt So Failure To Win Promotion Would Be A Disastor Both Financially & A Disapointing Fail ofa Season.

1st place Sao Paulo defeat 3rd place Roma to get a tight grip on the prestigious WC1 1st division title... 5 points ahead with 2 games remaining:cool:

Chelsea's monopoly over the setup is officially over :D They worked their way up the table during the season after a poor start' date=' but they now sit in 5th spot after winning a hat-trick of titles on the trot:eek:

Also of note, teje's Celtic is top of div 2 and Alvin's Man City sneak into the promotion spots in the 3rd division:eek:[/quote']

Memic is happy there is finally a fight for the Division 1 title, and is please Rather has won. Memic has stated he will have a scotch with the new winning manager before the new season starts. Chelsea who struggled at the start due to Memic's absence for family reasons, were just too far behind to catch up to the title fight. Chelsea will be reconstructing their team to fight for the title and stregthen their squad. Defence and Midfield are the main areas Memic will be focusing at. Maybe Cheslea were just missing some fresh Brazillian blood. Surely Sao Paulo if they want to retain the title will have to fight for it even harder