Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

A Draw Away To Marseille Last Night' date='

Some Results Went My Way, Have Massive Game Against Schalke 04 At Home On Saturday & then The Final Game Will Just Be As Important.. I Might Well Have To Win Both Remaining Games

Im Currently Over 8 Million In Debt So Failure To Win Promotion Would Be A Disastor Both Financially & A Disapointing Fail ofa Season.[/quote']

An away win against a strong Arsenal side has put city back in the race...Now I'd just sit back, do my bit, wait & see how the schalke- santos game goes. Hope city can win the rest of the games. But you never know in this setup. A great finish to the season! well done Sao Paulo, champions of WC 1!

I've seen some really weird results produced by SM match engine...but nothing would come close to this

Besiktas vs Hamburg game last turn

4 of the Besiktas players picked up red cards . Yet Besiktas win 2-1 . :eek: How do you beat a 11 by a 7?? :confused:

http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=15038733

one of my teams in another set up had 43 shots on goal in a single game...does that happen too often :D . That match engine needs some work!

City finish runners-up in division 3 & go through to play div 2 football for the first time! :) ...though the prize money is lot lesser than what was promised :(

In what has been an amazing season, city pushed their way up the table after a poor start to the season.

" League was our priority & we played some great football. We have a young side & that suits our style of fast counter-attacking football. This squad can only get better"

:D YESSSSS

3rd Place , Only Drew Last Game, But Rangers Beat Schalke 5-2 Which Meant I Drop One Place To 3rd With City Passing Me By, But More importantly Schalke Staying Behind.

Santos Went Unbeaten In Last 9 Games but Drew 4 of The Last 5 (& Last 3)

Brilliant

5.4 In Debth, :rolleyes: After Prize Money.. Financialy Im a Bit Going OTT & Iniceally Getting The Club out of Debth When I Took Over, Its The Loans of Top Players That Has Me In This Situation But I've Got Sucess From It :P

PHEW!!

:D YESSSSS

3rd Place ' date=' Only Drew Last Game, But Rangers Beat Schalke 5-2 Which Meant I Drop One Place To 3rd With City Passing Me By, But More importantly Schalke Staying Behind.

Santos Went Unbeaten In Last 9 Games but Drew 4 of The Last 5 (& Last 3)

Brilliant

5.4 In Debth, :rolleyes: After Prize Money.. Financialy Im a Bit Going OTT & Iniceally Getting The Club out of Debth When I Took Over, Its The Loans of Top Players That Has Me In This Situation But I've Got Sucess From It :P

PHEW!![/quote']

How much did you get as prize money ...SM wiki says it would be around 7.9 M for me. But I see only 4.9 added to my total. Is it because this is an old set-up?

...& congrats on the promotion. You'll have your stadium size incresed now!...

"Frederic KANOUTE is awarded the SM Player of the Year after a strong consistent season" - WC1 Newspaper

The Malian marksman was transfer listed for most of the season but still managed to scoop the award for best player in WC1 with an average performance of 7.96 and a goal every 1.73 games, leading his team towards the title.

He is still transfer listed but his price tag has gone up to £70m!

Barca relegated to 3rd division... :o

Arsenal & Barcelona in division 3. ...that must be a nightmare for rest of those clubs! Luckily we wouldn't be playing them this time :)

It's been revealed that city made a shocking bid for Modric. :eek: Several deals were discussed including part swap deals. But in the end they weren't good enough to tempt the manager to sell the amazing youngster!

" We know that Modric is too big a name to be linked with a small club like ours. But we have a good youth system & we can afford to bring in one star player . we will have a budget of 27-30 M by next week & Juan Albin would also be put up for sale. We are still looking at other options.

we haven't spent more than 7 M on a player yet & we have managed to bring together a good young squad. This is a luxury we can afford!"

I Dident As Far As Im Aware Recieve Money From My Chairman For The New Season?

Anyone Esle Have This, I Only Received Season Ticket Money...

Im £4.0m or So In Debth :( Seriously Contemplating Not Bringing In Any Loans (or At Least Star Players) As I Simple Cant Afford Them.

Fighting Relegation Gona Be Tough I Feel This Season

Chelsea look for fresh blood to revive the team after a very very poor season

finishing in Fourth place.

Memic has noticed Robinho's cry for a division one club and has made a very generous offer to Barca for the Winger. With chelsea looking to bolster up the midfield and defence. Another big star name may be the wish list of Mr Memic.

Also Harry has made it his mission to sign youngster of Man city when his ban is over, and if hoping that Man city would consider Pablo Aimar for maybe Miralem Pjanic in a p/e.

Memic feels confident his relationship with the manager of the division 2 team is great, after having some players gain valuable experience and helping City in their 2nd place finish in div 2

Anyone Esle Have This' date=' I Only Received Season Ticket Money...

[/quote']

I was just talking to teb about this...haven't got it yet..

Also Harry has made it his mission to sign youngster of Man city when his ban is over' date=' and if hoping that Man city would consider Pablo Aimar for maybe Miralem Pjanic in a p/e.

Memic feels confident his relationship with the manager of the division 2 team is great, after having some players gain valuable experience and helping City in their 2nd place finish in div 2

[/quote']

I believe this was posted before we talked about it

" we have good relationships with Chelsea. But city feels players like Caceres, Cigarini & Pjanic are its biggest assets & would be hard to let them go. It's not just these players, we have a great bunch of youngsters who should form the core of this side in years to come. "

Whilst Chelsea are looking to add some brazilian flair to spice up their side, Sao Paulo have launched a cheeky bid for their brazilian left back Maxwell:o

The two managers agreed a "£8-10m" deal last season when he was rated 90, but the deal fell through when Chelsea manager Harry Memic was away and the player's rating went up.

Maxwell is one of three 92 rated LBs at Chelsea, so he would not be too sorely missed.

Please?:D

Anyone Esle Have This' date=' I Only Received Season Ticket Money...

Im £4.0m or So In Debth :( Seriously Contemplating Not Bringing In Any Loans (or At Least Star Players) As I Simple Cant Afford Them.

Fighting Relegation Gona Be Tough I Feel This Season[/quote']

You have 61 players:eek:, why not sell some to get out of debt? i just bid £1m for a 370k player... hope you accept:D

ps. some of my young talents are on kids' wages e.g. breno, denilson - loan them if you want!

City lose out on rakitic. Bayern Munich has accepted a 20 M bid from Lazio. The weird part is that I would've paid 20 to bring him or perhaps slightly more. But the Bayern manager was 'not interested' when City asked about the player's availability few days back! :(

The new season hasn't started off really well for us. This time last season, we had managed to sign the players we had in our shortlist. I really need that injection to make concrete bids so that I don't lose more players :mad:

Sao Paulo manager Rarther can confirm that he almost poo'd his pants when 3rd division barcelona counter-offered him Robinho (£70m):o He gladly accepted the deal but the SMFA(:mad:) rejected the deal immediately and threw the transfer into doubt.

Bakari Sagna did make the move successfully however (£28m). Although he is not brazilian, he will surely be a good bargaining chip in future!;)

I was hoping if we can start a youth tournament as a series of friendlies.:) I've heard this is done in few GCs . It would be nice to have something similar here...especially since most of us using this forum have few talented youngsters. This can be done as a regular event, once every season, with group & knock out stages ( possible home & away games for knockout). 16 teams should be enough.

Any player who gets on to the field should be lesser than 21. Unused subs can be of any age. All stats & details would be recorded in this thread. We just started a new season last week & we would have enough time to finish this cup . Anyone who has posted on this forum should be reserved a spot. ( Chelsea, Sao Paulo, Celtic, Lyon, Olympiacos, Santos & of course Man City ). Other teams can be top performers of the last season. I've already invited Div 3 winners Leverkusen.

Anyone else interested?

Ya Im In' date=' Now That Friendlies Are Free For Everyone To Play Now In SM,

Maybe Youth League? Thru The Whole Season Might Be An Option ..

With Games Arranged By Tuesday To Make Sure All Games Are Organised..[/quote']

GREAT !!:) ...I don't know if we would get time for the whole league as friendlies can be played only on fridays. I thought since SM doesn't have a group & knockout format , it would be fun for a change. But we'll ask what others think & then decide the format. In the group format, teams can be seeded & entered into the group according to last season's league positions.

Bad news for city ! Luca cigarini would turn 22 in a couple of days . So he wouldn't be eligible to take part in the youth cup. City has announced that Caceres would captain the youth team in his absence.

I think we can get the cup started on 27th of this month. Any player who is 21 or under then is eligible to take part for the rest of the tournament. All clubs should announce their squad by 25th ( maximum of 20 players at a time) . A manager can replace any of his young players at any time of the season, in case a new youngster is bought or a youngster has a rating rise. But all squads should be named through this thread ( Naming the squad should make it simpler to check if only youngsters have been used for the match ) ....& just for fun we can assign squad numbers for youngsters when we announce our squad.

So far 3 teams have agreed to participate

Santos

Bayern Leverkusen

Manchester City