Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

Juventus is proud to take part in the the Youth Tournament as currently proposed. Here is our preliminary squad:

G: Anton SHUNIN

G: Lukasz FABIANSKI

LB:Jan VERTONGHEN

RB:Ángel JOSE CRESPO

CB:Ucar UGUR

CB:Dirk MARCELLIS

DM:Johan DJOUROU

CM:Soares RENATO AUGUSTO

CM:Michael BRADLEY

CM:Gelson FERNANDES

LM:Leonel VANGIONI

RM:Siem DE JONG

AM:Pablo PIATTI

AM:Axel WITSEL

LW:Miralem SULEJMANI

RW:Gabriel OBERTAN

F: Pérez BOJAN KRKIC

F: Aaron HUNT

CF:Joseph AKPALA

CF:Artem DZYUBA

Welcome to the WC 1 thread & youth cup Jimmy! ..lots of talent in that side!

...Rather great to have you in too...

So far we have Santos, Leverkusen, Sao Paulo, Juventus & Man City.....waiting to hear from from Teb, Harry, Teje & Danny

Also invited Bayern munich, CSKA moskva, Liverpool, Valencia ...

I'm gonna fill up my squad now.:)

Manchester City

Goalkeeper : 1 Sergio Asenjo

Defenders:

2 M.Caceres 7 F.santacroce 17 P.De Ceglie 12 N.Vidrio

5 B.Pereirinha 13 J.Casado

Midfielders:

8 S.Ireland 11 J.albin 10 M.Pjanic 3 D.Guthrie

6 A.Annan 4 C.Kabore 16 S.scannel 20 K.Schindler

Strikers:

21 R.Acquafrescha 9 R.Manco 23 L.freeman

14 P. RodrigueZ 19 A.Russotto

Captain: M. Caceres

Manager: Alvin

Guest Toggs

I am now a very happy bunny as ive managed to pick up a decent River Plate squad in the setup. I also Alvin if this was allowed would love to participate in the u21's Tournement.

Detailed report coming either later on or tommorow as im not very well :(

I am now a very happy bunny as ive managed to pick up a decent River Plate squad in the setup. I also Alvin if this was allowed would love to participate in the u21's Tournement.

Welcome to the setup...We still have few slots left...you can join the U-21 tournament if you have at least 11 players who are 21 or under when the cup starts on 27th of this month...

Guest Toggs

Welcome to the setup...We still have few slots left...you can join the U-21 tournament if you have at least 11 players who are 21 or under when the cup starts on 27th of this month...

Currently have 1 decent u21 :D Tissone. Ill be sure to build a squad for the U21 Tournument anyway as i want a mixture of youth and experience at the club.

Hard start to life unfortunatly tonight as i travel to a good Spartak side that surprisingly lost their first game.

Both Daniel Montrogero and Michael Owen are avaliable. Would look towards P/E deals for both. PM me via forum if you're intrested and we will hammer out a deal.

Man how lucky you are... I want a team too :(

Here is an update of my squad for the Youth Cup with squad numbers and designated captain:

Juventus is proud to take part in the the Youth Tournament as currently proposed. Here is our preliminary squad:

G: Anton SHUNIN (1)

G: Lukasz FABIANSKI (21)

LB:Jan VERTONGHEN (2)

RB:Ángel JOSE CRESPO (3)

CB:Ucar UGUR (4)

CB:Dirk MARCELLIS (5)

DM:Johan DJOUROU (6)

CM:Soares RENATO AUGUSTO (12)

CM:Michael BRADLEY (15)

CM:Gelson FERNANDES (16)

LM:Leonel VANGIONI (17)

RM:Siem DE JONG (19)

AM:Pablo PIATTI (7)

AM:Axel WITSEL (8)

LW:Miralem SULEJMANI (11)

RW:Gabriel OBERTAN (20)

F: Pérez BOJAN KRKIC (9)

F: Aaron HUNT (10)

CF:Joseph AKPALA (14)

CF:Artem DZYUBA (18)

Captain: Michael Bradley

BTW: Any requests for loans on the above mentioned players will be dealt with after Juventus are eliminated from the tournament.

So far we have 8 teams...& hope few more will join

santos -- Shelbourne

Leverkusen -- Dustin

Sao paulo -- rather

Juventus -- Jimmy Mack

Chelsea -- Harry Memic

River plate -- Jack Thomas

Celtic -- Teje

Man city -- Alvin

Once we have all the teams, they would be seeded & entered into groups . One of the ways to do this would be to assign each group teams from division-1 according to their last season standings . when they are all entered, move on to the next lower division teams.

Some of the lower division teams with smaller stadiums can't afford to have the best rated youth squads...So I think the best would be to make group stages with home & away fixtures. So all teams can get at least 6 games if they fail to make it to the next round...knock out stages will only have a single leg & the team which had a better group stage would be given the home status for the friendly. Detailed fixtures can be decided once we have all the teams

Because SM would only let us play friendlies on fridays & we have a regular match the next day, a reserve day would be provided after the 3rd & 6th fixture of the group stage. This would be needed if a manager fails to switch his first team with the youth team after the Wednesday night's game or if he would be unavailable to swap out youngsters to get his best team for Saturday's league match. Managers can use these reserve days if needed to reschedule their youth cup game ( but only once every 3 games in the group stage. More than once & you'll be said to have forfeited the game, no matter what the result was)

Would be nice to have your suggestions...:)

Celtic have completed the signing of Velthuizen in order to be able to take part in WC1's youth championship.

Celtic could still sign a couple players before th youth cup begins. The preliminar list is:

Goalkeepers:

Piet Velthuizen

Defenders:

Fabián Monzón

Cristian Ansaldi

Mateo Musacchio

Emir Faccioli

Matias Cahais

Krzysztof Krol

Midfielders:

Sebastián Blanco

Juan Carlos Silva

Diego Buonanotte

Alexis Sánchez

Jorge Luna

Lubos Kalouda

Andrés Guardado

Attackers:

Marcelo Martins Moreno

Mariano Tripodi

This is how the groups might look like if no more teams join.. But few more clubs have been invited & some managers are yet to be online after that. So this might not be final. I thought I'd let you guys have an update

Group A

Sao paulo (1)

Juventus (3)

Leverkusen (5)

Santos (7)

Group B

Chelsea (2)

Celtic (4)

Manc city (6)

River Plate (8)

Teams have been seeded based on league & position from last season

Also Juventus manager has suggested that he would loan out U-21 youngsters not in his cup squad. Since this is the first time, it's okay to play a maximum of 2 players on loan ( but with a max rating of 85) We wouldn't want clubs to ruin all the hard work just for this cup :D

If this cup turns out to be a success & in case we have a second edition next season, I think all participating teams of this season would be given an automatic entry next time ( just to appreciate the effort all teams have put to bring together a squad)

Sounds good Alvin,

As you mentioned Juventus have the following players available for the youth cup (or longer) to any managers interested.

Rating in brackets

G: Sven ULREICH (84)

RB: Radim REZNIK (83)

RB/LB: Andreas BECK (85)

CB: Hector MORENO (85)

CB/RB: Leonardo SIGALI (85)

RM/AM: Diego PEROTTI (82)

DM: Lars BENDER (83)

DM: Jaime CORDOBA (82)

DM: Abolhassan JAFARI (84)

CM/DM:Sven BENDER (82)

CM: Roman EREMENKO (85)

AM/RM: Tijani BELAID (83)

AM/F: L. CHRISTODOULOPOULOS (85)

AM/LM: Silva VITOR JUNIOR (83)

AM: Victor IBARBO (82)

AM/LM: Gursoy GURHAN (82)

F/AM: Rydell POEPON (83)

F: Fernandes LENNY (83)

F: Kevin GAMEIRO (84)

F: Jonathan URRETAVISCAYA (84)

F: Hernando CORDOBA (82)

F: Giuseppe ROSSINI (82)

CF: Momar N’DIAYE (84)

CF: Kostas MITROGLOU (82)

There are couple of things on which I'd like to hear your views

Now since we have 8 teams - 2 groups of 4 ...& the groups seem perfectly balanced. So should we close the tournament & make it just 8 teams for this season or should we wait for 4 more teams?

(Teb & Dan have informed that they wouldn't be able to send their youth teams.)

Also if we have 12 teams, should we sort teams into groups again or group the new teams to form the last group? The two groups we have now seem to be balanced

guys what do you think?..

I think if we only have 8 teams it would be better to have one group. Each team playing the others once then play-offs between top 4. If we can rustle up 4 more teams: make it top two in each group + 2 best 3rd place finishers going through. (teams playing home and away in group stage).

Option 1 would give each team a minimum 7 games and a maximum 11 (2 leg semi and 2 leg final or 1 leg final + replay if tied)

Option 2 would give each team minimum of 6 games and a maximum of 12 (2 leg quarter-finals, 2 leg semi's and 2 leg final or 1 leg final + replay if tied).

Just a suggestion as I don't know if this number of friendlies would be logistically possible in the time available.

I think if we only have 8 teams it would be better to have one group. Each team playing the others once then play-offs between top 4. If we can rustle up 4 more teams: make it top two in each group + 2 best 3rd place finishers going through. (teams playing home and away in group stage).

Option 1 would give each team a minimum 7 games and a maximum 11 (2 leg semi and 2 leg final or 1 leg final + replay if tied)

Option 2 would give each team minimum of 6 games and a maximum of 12 (2 leg quarter-finals' date=' 2 leg semi's and 2 leg final or 1 leg final + replay if tied).

Just a suggestion as I don't know if this number of friendlies would be logistically possible in the time available.[/quote']

Kudos for the suggestions mate

option 2 is good...I was planning for something similar if we had 12 teams...But so far I've only heard from Auxerre manager...so we'll just wait couple more days to see if we'll have 3 more teams

Option 1 ...a league with just one fixture against a team would be make it tough to decide who gets to be the home side & when...but in knockout stage the team who finished with more points, better goal difference etc can be given the home status...Also having a group & knockout would make this cup different from the formats we have in SM

Two advantages that I can see with the league followed by knockout are:

1) It's easier to add teams as we go along - both this season and in future and

2) less initial games, which helps with fixture congestion, as it looks as though SM only schedule a couple of games a week for friendlies.

As for home advantage in play-offs: I think it should be, as you say, home advantage to the highest place league finisher with 1st v 3rd and 2nd v 4th.

One other point: if the teams in the league stage only play each other once it may work out that some teams get more home games than others (if we have an even number of entries at present [8 teams = 7 games] ). If this is the case teams with less home games should get home priority next season.

As for determining the fixture list I nominate Alvin as administrator and suggest he draw up the schedule.

Let's get this thing started!

Yes...that would've made it easier Jimmy. But SM randomly assigns a team home status. But for us it would be tough to make everyone 'happy' if teams only face each other once in group stage. When it's a game between two evenly matched teams things like this can cost you 3 points. So it's not the number of home matches.. when you get them is more important.

& are you sure Sm wouldn't let us play more than 2 friendlies a week? I was afraid something like this was in place.

possible fixtures for the cup

Week 1:

Group A

Leverkusen vs Juventus

Sao Paulo Vs Santos

Group B:

Auxerre Vs Chelsea (rescheduled to reserve day 1)

Celtic Vs Man City

Week 2:

Group A

Juventus Vs Sao Paulo

Santos Vs Leverkusen

Group B:

Chelsea vs Celtic (rescheduled to reserve day 2)

Man City vs Auxerre

week 3

Group A:

Juventus vs Santos ( rescheduled to week 4)

Leverkusen vs Sao Paulo

Group B:

Chelsea vs Man City ( rescheduled to week 9)

Auxerre vs Celtic ( rescheduled to week 9)

week 4:

Reserve day 1

Auxerre Vs Chelsea (rescheduled from week 1)

Juventus vs Santos (rescheduled from week 3)

Return Leg fixtures

week 5:

Group A:

Santos vs Juventus

Sao Paulo Vs Leverkusen

Group B:

Celtic vs Auxerre

Man city vs Chelsea

Week 6

Group A:

Sao Paulo vs Juventus

Leverkusen vs Santos

Group B:

Celtic vs Chelsea

Auxerre vs Man City

Week 7:

Group A:

Santos vs Sao Paulo

Juventus Vs Leverkusen

Group B:

Man city Vs Celtic

Chelsea vs Auxerre

Week 8:

Reserve day 2

Chelsea vs Celtic ( rescheduled from week 2)

Week 9: Reserve day 3

Group B:

Chelsea vs Man City (rescheduled from week 3)

Auxerre vs Celtic (rescheduled from week 3)

Week 10 : Semis

A1 vs B2

B1 vs A2

week 10:

Replay/ Reserve day

Week 11:

finalist 1 vs finalist 2

..I've gone with the usual order ( 1x4, 2x3) ,( 1x2,3x4) ,(1x3, 2x4) for group matches. home & away fixtures come in alternate weeks. Teams like Leverkusen & Riverplate who have relatively weaker youth squads have been allowed to kick off the cup with home fixtures

week 4 & week 8 fixtures are the reserve days for group games . Any manager can use these days to reschedule fixtures in case of absence. Knockout matches would have a day for replay in case of a draw, with hosts reversed .

In case a draw occurs even in the replay, the team to go through would be decided according to away goal rule > points won in the group stage > average player ratings in the knockout stage with both legs put together ( All according to the order, each to be used when the previous one doesn't separate the teams)

About the final??..should we have a replay or decide the winner according to average player ratings for the teams in the final??

Chelsea announce their youth cup

Goalkeepers:

Currently none 21 or under however Paraguayan 18 yr old Roberto Fernandez will be joining the blue to start as keeper:

Defenders:

EDUARDO RATINHO, Correia (85)

INSUA, Emiliano (76)

RAJKOVIC, Slobodan (84)

DROST, Henrico (85)

DRENTHE, Royston (88)

Midfielders:

DIEGO CAPEL, Trinidad (89)

DE GUZMAN, Jonathan (90)

NURI, Sahin (88)

LANSBURY, Henri (72)

NASRI, Samir (92)

MAXI MORALEZ, Nicolás (88)

KERLON, Moura (85)

GOURCUFF, Yoann (87)

ABORAH, Stanley (76)

WALCOTT, Theo (88)

BABEL, Ryan (89)

Fowards:

AYEW, Andre (82)

DI SANTO, Franco (85)

OKAKA CHUKA, Stefano (82)

Manchester City have accepted the challenge from Celtic making it the first announced friendly in the youth cup. There isn't much to choose between the teams & should promise to be a great contest.

& Jimmy, we can play more than 2 friendlies a week :) Just checked it in an another setup...not still sure if there is a limit

Juventus have accepted the challenge against Bayer Leverkusen and report that the squad are raring to go.

Good news about scheduling Alvin. It's just that when I looked under friendlies earlier this week all but two of the slots were greyed out.

Sao Paulo have seized the 1st division top spot once again after 3 wins in the first 4 games.

The manager today announced a strong squad of brazilian youth talent to face Santos on friday:

GK: Garcia FELIPE (80)

LB: Viera MARCELO (89)

RB: Antonio MARCELO (87)

CB: THIAGO HELENO (88)

CB: Vinicius BRENO (88)

CM: Leiva LUCAS (88)

RM: Jorge SAMMIR (87)

LM: LEANDRO LIMA (85)

AM: Osni RAMON (86)

AM: GUILHERME (86)

F: Soares WELLITON (89)

Im guessing River Plate has pulled ot of the youth cup

manager quit

and i siad i didnt mind him playing sum over 21s lol but dont think he even played one lol

so wat will happen with that now is River a bye like 3 points or not.