Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

The good news is that we have a reserve day...& we have a couple of teams in the waiting list...so we'll reschedule your first game to the reserve day & get a new team (Auxerre most probably)...but with Auxerre replacing the weak River plate side, our group will really turn into the death group:eek:

Sao Paulo Vs Santos

In The Fixture Of The Day, 2 Local Rivals From The State Of Sao Paulo Colided At The Morumbi Were 79,330 Tuned Up To Watch This Match.

Santos Would Take A Shock Lead After 2 Mins As German Defender Matt Hummels (or Harlei) STOP

Just Realised Played 26 yr old keeper :mad: Dident Realise, Next Best Keeper was studer rated 69, would have tried to loan decent youth keeper

Dam well annoyed

Very Sorry, Am Taking This Comp Seriously :o

Sao Paulo Vs Santos

In The Fixture Of The Day' date=' 2 Local Rivals From The State Of Sao Paulo Colided At The Morumbi Were 79,330 Tuned Up To Watch This Match.

Santos Would Take A Shock Lead After 2 Mins As German Defender Matt Hummels (or Harlei) STOP

Just Realised Played 26 yr old keeper :mad: Dident Realise, Next Best Keeper was studer rated 69, would have tried to loan decent youth keeper

**** well annoyed

Very Sorry, Am Taking This Comp Seriously :o[/quote']

It's still new to everyone...I hope rather won't mind....maybe I got everyone confused with the rules about loan players....I'll just post them all together again....I'll also post all the tables goal scorers etc....( just having a tough time with the white spaces:o )

Its official...auxerre will replace River plate

Ok, I'm manager of Auxerre and just joined this youth cup in place of River Plate. Looks like I'm in a tough group, but as soon as I manage to get some under-21 CBs I should have a decent-ish side.

Give Sao Pualo 3 Points' date=' Be Harsh Rules Are Rules, Its The Only Way This Comp Will Be Sucsess, HAD To Do It In My League Even To Mates It's The Only Way,

Im Going No Were In This Comp Anyway, Have Weak Team..[/quote']

If you insist , then you can use your reserve day for a rematch...but let's wait & see what rather has to say

2616847763_bdffaa9bb7_t.jpg

The inaugral edition of the youth cup kicked off last night ...some of the top clubs in the setup were represented by scouts to get a glimpse of stars of tomorrow ...the cup had its own share of controversies with River plate pulling out at the last minute...3 games were played this week

football.gifResults

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 2 Juventus

• Bayern Leverkusen- Bogdan STANCU (34)

• Juventus- Michael BRADLEY (26), Pérez BOJAN KRKIC (67)

Man of the match-Michael BRADLEY

Celtic 2-1 Manchester City

• Celtic- Sebastián BLANCO (52),MARCELO MORENO (69)

• Manchester City-Robert ACQUAFRESCA (87)

Man of the match-MARCELO MORENO

Sao Paulo1-1 Santos

• Sao Paolo-Soares WELLITON (10)

• Santos-Mats HUMMELS (2)

Man of the match- Soares WELLITON (10)

35px-Football_icon.pngLeading goal scorers:

Michael BRADLEY 1

MARCELO MORENO 1

BOJAN KRKIC 1

Sebastián BLANCO 1

Mats HUMMELS 1

Soares WELLITON 1

Bogdan STANCU 1

Robert ACQUAFRESCA 1

football-icon.jpgTEAM OF THE WEEK

Juventus has 5 players, Celtic 3, Sao Paulo, Santos & Leverkusen 1 each..city ended up with none!..

---------------------SHUNIN---------------------

-----G CASTRO-----Ucar UGUR--------M HUMMELS

-S BLANCO----S SUNNY----M BRADLEY----GUARDADO-

--MARCELO MORENO--BOJAN KRKIC----S WELLITON--

Super sub: Joseph AKPALA

Star.pngPlayer of the Week:-- Michael Bradley

standingsHead.gifP-W-L-D-GF-GA-GD-PTS

GROUP A:

Juventus 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

Sao Paulo 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1

Santos 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1

Leverkusen 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1 0

Group B

Celtic 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

Chelsea 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Auxerre 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Man City 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1 0

2616847763_bdffaa9bb7_t.jpg

The inaugral edition of the youth cup kicked off last night ...some of the top clubs in the setup were represented by scouts to get a glimpse of stars of tomorrow ...the cup had its own share of controversies with River plate pulling out at the last minute...3 games were played this week

football.gifResults

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 2 Juventus

• Bayern Leverkusen- Bogdan STANCU (34)

• Juventus- Michael BRADLEY (26)' date=' Pérez BOJAN KRKIC (67)
    [/list']
    Man of the match-Michael BRADLEY
    Celtic 2-1 Manchester City
    • Celtic- Sebastián BLANCO (52),MARCELO MORENO (69)

• Manchester City-Robert ACQUAFRESCA (87)

Man of the match-MARCELO MORENO

Sao Paulo1-1 Santos

• Sao Paolo-Soares WELLITON (10)

• Santos-Mats HUMMELS (2)

Man of the match- Soares WELLITON (10)

35px-Football_icon.pngLeading goal scorers:

Michael BRADLEY 1

MARCELO MORENO 1

BOJAN KRKIC 1

Sebastián BLANCO 1

Mats HUMMELS 1

Soares WELLITON 1

Bogdan STANCU 1

Robert ACQUAFRESCA 1

football-icon.jpgTEAM OF THE WEEK

Juventus has 5 players, Celtic 3, Sao Paulo, Santos & Leverkusen 1 each..city ended up with none!..

---------------------SHUNIN---------------------

-----G CASTRO-----Ucar UGUR--------M HUMMELS

-S BLANCO----S SUNNY----M BRADLEY----GUARDADO-

--MARCELO MORENO--BOJAN KRKIC----S WELLITON--

Super sub: Joseph AKPALA

Star.pngPlayer of the Week:-- Michael Bradley

GROUP A:

Juventus *1 1 0 0 2 1 *1 3

Sao Paulo 1 0 0 1 1 1 *0 1

Santos*****1 0 0 1 1 1 *0 1

Leverkusen 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1 0

Group B

Celtic**** 1 1 0 0 2 1 * 1 3

Chelsea* 0 0 0 0 0 0 * 0 0

Auxerre* 0 0 0 0 0 0 * 0 0

Man City*1 0 1 0 1 2 *-1 0

Thats a Great post man.:D

I'd like to second that. Great job Alvin, the tourny's off to a flying start.

Just a reminder if anyone still needs eligible players for the competition I have the following Juventus youth players for loan:

G: Sven ULREICH 84

RB: Radim REZNIK 83

RB/LB: Andreas BECK 85

CB: Hector MORENO 85

CB/RB: Leonardo SIGALI 85

RM/AM: Diego PEROTTI 82

DM: Lars BENDER 83

DM: Jaime CORDOBA 82

DM: Abolhassan JAFARI 84

CM/DM: Sven BENDER 82

CM: Roman EREMENKO 85

AM/RM: Tijani BELAID 83

AM/F: L. CHRISTODOULOPOULOS 85

AM/LM: Silva VITOR JUNIOR 83

AM: Victor IBARBO 82

AM/LM: Gursoy GURHAN 82

F/AM: Rydell POEPON 83

F: Fernandes LENNY 83

F: Kevin GAMEIRO 84

F: Jonathan URRETAVISCAYA 84

F: Hernando CORDOBA 82

F: Giuseppe ROSSINI 82

CF: Momar N’DIAYE 84

CF: Kostas MITROGLOU 82

After a frantic few loan deals, Auxerre have named their squad for the youth cup:

Goalkeepers:

Samir Ujkani

Defenders:

Jan Simunek

Kas Ibrahim

Midfielders:

Cesar Villaluz

Christian Bermudez

Luis Mosquera

Anei Raskaj

Guillermo Molins

Forwards:

Colin Kazim Kazim

Ivelin Popov

Raul Asprilla

Yarkin Cagri

Edgar Cani

Hopefully another CB and CM will be coming in on loan, and maybe another keeper on a permanent transfer.

Just wanna remind you guys...Don't forget to swap your squads for tonight's regular league game :D

I'll just post the rules about rescheduling & loans again to make sure there is no confusion about it

-Any players on loan used for the youth cup should be 21 or under (as of June 27th) with a maximum SM rating of 85. A maximum of 2 players to be used

-Managers can use reserve days if needed to reschedule their youth cup game ( but only once every 3 games in the group stage. More than once & you'll be said to have forfeited the game, no matter what the result was) . Reserve days are on week 4 & 8 for group stages & one 'replay'/ reschedule date for semis. Check link for more info

http://92.52.72.58/forum/showpost.php?p=328058&postcount=135

re: santos ineligible keeper... hmmm it would have been a 69 rated keeper instead of 86:eek: but nevermind...

on a non-youth topic, barcelona is now screwing chelsea around with offers and counter-offers for robinho flying back and forth. this comes after robinho talks with sao paulo fell through, with the manager saying he wanted kanoute but instead of doing a swap with cash he insisted on buying kanoute for peanuts first then selling robinho cheap after... rarther was wise to this tactic and ceased all future dealings with the manager!:P

This week's fixtures--This is the week when top seeds play against each other...All home teams please challenge their opponents for a friendly on friday July 4th... Also any teams breaking the rules this time would lose points ( But they can reschedule the game if they fail to swap teams for the friendly)

Group A

Juventus Vs Sao Paulo

Santos Vs Leverkusen

Group B:

Chelsea vs Celtic

Man City vs Auxerre

After failed attempts to sign lassana Diarra, city's Vidrio was handed a surprise debut in last night's fixture...the youngster was more than impressive & the manager might be tempted to promote few more home grown talents to the first team.

The manager is a huge admirer of the skills of young Marin...but a bid to land the youngster was turned down by Santos who are keen to keep him! Instead city have signed the injury prone, but talented Amaury Bischoff.

Also Stephen Ireland is available if a good offer comes by, a P/E deal preferred..Besides the captain Distin & youngsters Guthrie, Pereirinha & Schindler, Ireland is the only other player left in the City squad inherited by the manager before a season & half !

------------

The match reports seem to be unavailable and on the players' individual stats it says they have only played 1 game... dunno about everyone else? :confused:

Even so, the State of Sao Paulo took hold of Group A with Santos winning 5-3 against Bayer Leverkusen and Sao Paulo earning a disciplined 1-0 victory against Juventus.

In Group B Auxerre earnt a 1-1 draw at Manchester City and Celtic remain top despite their fixture against Chelsea failing to take place.

In today's Folha de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo manager Rarther has been quoted as saying that as a gesture of good will to his neighbours he would consider selling 87-rated defensive starlet Antonio MARCELO to Santos at a cut price if CARLETO and CLAUDIO were part of the deal.

MARCELO is in the Santos starting 11 in real life and still has almost two SM seasons remaining as an U21 player.

Please don't wait till Friday to challenge your opponent for a friendly as SM wouldn't let you do that. We don't have the match reports yet, so the results we have for week 2 can only be confirmed after checking if any 22+ players were used

--------------

City registered a 5-0 win against an Anderlecht side ...city continued their policy of resting key players for cup games. City youngsters made good use of the opportunity giving the club its biggest cup win ever.

"It is good to see some of the youngsters making the step up to the first team. But we have to be patient with them & they would be slowly introduced to the side. But lack of good holding midfielders is a bit of a concern. Hernanes plays further up the field now & it is too much to ask from young Vidrio. This has affected our style of play lately"

Match reports for week two are now in. Over to you Alvin as you did such steling work on pulling it all together in week one.

Apparently Sao Paulo were a little fortunate to take all three points from Juve's young Lions last week. La Bianconeri look forward to exacting their revenge in the return leg!

BTW: Santos have still not accepted this weeks challenge.

2655963094_0fed766366_o.png

YOUTH CUP

2655138129_94c3b76bcf_o.gifRESULTS

Santos 5 - 3 Bayern Leverkusen

• Santos- Neven Subotic (3), John-Joe O'Toole (19), Anthony Stokes (25), Craig Gardner (43), Anthony Stokes (57)

• Bayern Leverkusen- Scott Robinson (29), Miroslav Stoch(73), Bogdan Stancu (82)

• Man of the match - Gabriel Torje

Juventus 0 - 1 São Paulo

• São Paulo - Pereira Neves Denilson (23)

• Man of the match -Pereira Neves Denilson

Manchester City 1 - 1 Auxerre

• Manchester City- Robert Acquafresca (42)

• Auxerre- Ivelin Popov (14)

• Man of the match- Ivelin Popov

2655963586_cc0c90d971_o.gifLEADING GOAL SCORERS

Anthony STOKES (Santos) - 2

Robert ACQUAFRESCA (Man City) - 2

Bogdan STANCU (Leverkusen) - 2

2655963728_51c82d6306_o.gifTEAM OF THE WEEK

After a 5-3 thriller, Santos have 5 players, Sao Paulo 3, Auxerre, City & Leverkusen 1 each. Juventus who had five players last week had a disappointing day

-----------------FELIPE------------

--GARDNER------SUBOTIC------G MARCELO--

--POPOV--DENILSON--O'TOOLE ---STOCH--

-----------------TORJE----------------

---ACQUAFRESCA------A STOKES----

2655137823_6d9cc9ee1b_o.gifPLAYER OF THE WEEK: Gabriel Torje

GROUP A:

Santos 2 1 0 1 6 4 2 4

Sao Paulo 2 1 0 1 2 1 1 4

Juventus 2 1 1 0 2 2 0 3

Leverkusen 2 0 2 0 4 7 -3 0

Group B

Celtic 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

Auxerre 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1

Man City 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1 1

Chelsea 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I just woke up to see a 6-1 lose to Chelsea....what is 95 Rated Essien doing in a youth cup??:eek::P ...( & I didn't know you were planning to use Messi for this cup. But that is still within the rules)

Guys please challenge/ accept friendlies before time. & please don't wait for my reminders. Fixtures (updated ) were posted in the forum long ago. Please use it . We are already behind the schedule & there has been enough rescheduling already that we would need a third reserve day:o ...so guys its really tough to keep this cup going ..so help me a bit here :rolleyes:

All B group fixtures from last night would be replayed in a new reserve day 3 at the end of the group stages . Next friday is reserve day 1

Fixtures for the week 4:

Auxerre Vs Chelsea (rescheduled from week 1)

Juventus vs Santos (rescheduled from week 3)

Too right Alvin. I challenged my opponent to the friendly on Tuesday then changed over to my youth team on Thursday then...zilch!

If people don't want to take this competition seriously then they shouldn't enter.

Seems to me Alvin that you should get the 3 points for last night as Chelsea clearly fielded an ineligible player.

Since Celtic vs Auxerre game got cancelled, we'd have to use a 3rd reserve day anyway. So Jimmy, I think it would be better to have a rematch with Chelsea anway. ( I didn't expect to win ;) ) But that would mean that Chelsea are out of their 2 chances for rematch in group stages. So if they fail to switch teams/ setup friendlies again, they would have to forfeit :eek:

...& Shelbs, even if you aren't sure you'll be available for friday, just accept/challenge friendlies since SM wouldn't let you accept last minute friendlies. you can cancel them or let us know later..