Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

WC1 UPDATE

Memic's Chelsea have taken full control of WC1 yet again, with 8 wins in the first 9 games in div 1. Last seasons winners Sao Paulo have lost 4 of their last 5 and now have half the points of Chelsea. Teje's newly promoted Celtic are rock bottom of div 1. Meanwhile Teb's Olympiacos and Shelbourne's Santos both have their eyes on the top division, with both of them in the playoff zone in div 2.

Ok guys' date=' let's just put the mix ups down to experience and try and keep the tournament on track.[/quote']

I think we are back on track already. I see friendlies set up 2 weeks in advance :)

WC1 UPDATE

Memic's Chelsea have taken full control of WC1 yet again' date=' with 8 wins in the first 9 games in div 1. Last seasons winners Sao Paulo have lost 4 of their last 5 and now have half the points of Chelsea. Teje's newly promoted Celtic are rock bottom of div 1. Meanwhile Teb's Olympiacos and Shelbourne's Santos both have their eyes on the top division, with both of them in the playoff zone in div 2.[/quote']

Hey rather nice win over my City side! ;) My team has been struggling lately . I should probably not be stubborn & spend the money to get some mediocre players of higher ratings. My squad clearly lacks depth. I was thinking not to use the cash now, unless I can land players I need. I somehow need to hang in there this season!B)

Manchester City is happy to announce the capture of Marco BORRIELLO for 12 M

:D

-----------

Please start challenging your opponents for this week's friendlies... I'll be busy for a while now. So I'll post the updated group tables as I get time. Santos would lose their points from last week's game against Juventus. Juventus would receive 3 points, but the goal differences of both teams would remain unchanged from previous round.

2703208163_d207945cec_o.jpg

YOUTH CUP

2703249143_a79cb120b7_o.jpg

RESULTS

Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 3 São Paulo (week 3)

Auxerre 2 - 7 Chelsea (reserve day 1)

São Paulo 4 - 2 Bayer Leverkusen (week 5)

Celtic 2 - 1 Auxerre (week 5)

TEAM OF THE WEEK

2703208357_445717a04a_o.png

<- Super sub-> Royston DRENTHE

Sao Paulo 4, Chelsea 4, Celtic 2, Leverkusen 1

Auxerre have none.

2704072472_43b7b70114_o.jpg

PLAYER OF THE WEEK

VIEIRA MARCELO- Sao Paulo

2704193402_8ea1963619_o.jpg

LEADING GOAL SCORERS

Lucas TRECARICHI (Leverkusen) 3

Vieira MARCELO 2 (sao Paulo) 2

Franco DI SANTO (Chelsea) 2

Royston DRENTHE (Chelsea) 2

Andrés GUARDADO (celtic) 2

Bogdan STANCU (Leverkusen) 2

Soares WELLITON (Sao Paulo) 2

Anthony STOKES (Santos) 2

Robert ACQUAFRESCA (Man City) 2

Neves DENILSON (sao Paulo) 2

standingsHead.gif

P-W-L-D-GF-GA-GD-PTS

GROUP A:

Sao Paulo 4 3 0 1 9 5 4 10

Juventus 3 2 1 0 2 2 0 6

Santos 3 1 1 1 6 4 2 4

Leverkusen 4 0 4 0 8 14 -6 0

Group B

Celtic 2 2 0 0 4 2 2 6

Man City 3 1 1 1 2 3 -1 4

Chelsea 2 1 1 0 7 2 5 3

Auxerre 3 0 2 1 4 10 -6 1

Team of the week chosen from the 4 games we had in last 3 weeks. So far in the tournament , we have 2 games that saw teams lose points not because they lost. Last week Juventus received 3 points after Santos failed to field a youth squad even on the reserve day. Manchester city received 3 points from their fixture against Chelsea. Chelsea ran out of their share of reserve days & failing to swap teams meant city took all points. Sao Paulo & Celtic lead their respective groups. Surprisingly 75 rated Trecarichi of Leverkusen leads the goal scorers table with 3 goals to his name. Guardado , V Marcelo & R Drenthe have been excellent recently. But with such competition , one of them had to be benched in the team of week. Choosing player of the week was tough. But in the end it was V Marcelo who edged out competition from Walcott, Franco Di santo & team mate Thiago Heleno

Auxerre vs Man City- moved to 15th Aug 2008

Santos vs Juventus- moved to 15th Aug 2008

Celtic vs Chelsea may or maynot get rescheduled depending on who failed to setup friendly.

Rest of the fixtures are as per the fixtures posted earlier... I'm slightly busy with my exams ...if anyone

I'm slightly busy with my exams..so wouldn't be able to do the team of the week this time. If anyone would like to volunteer then it's okay! Here are the updated standings. No games played in Group B

standingsHead.gif

P-W-L-D-GF-GA-GD-PTS

GROUP A:

Sao Paulo 5 3 0 2 10 6 4 11

Juventus 4 2 1 1 3 3 0 7

Santos 4 1 1 2 8 6 2 5

L'kusen 5 0 4 1 10 16 -6 1

Group B

Celtic 2 2 0 0 4 2 2 6

Man City 3 1 1 1 2 3 -1 4

Chelsea 2 1 1 0 7 2 5 3

Auxerre 3 0 2 1 4 10 -6 1

yes it has gone right off the rails lately:eek: it's a shame there's no way to set your youth squad default for friendlies n book all the friendlies in advance. i played chelsea in div 1 on sat with a youth team, oops!!!

can santos challenge me for friday? thanks :)

I've asked both teams to challenge for friendlies...

I'm sorry that happened to you rather...That was the main reason why reserve days were introduced...in case a manager is out of town & he can't swap his side back to first team or the reverse...but it has been used for all wrong reasons...failing to setup friendlies can't be excused as we have enough days to do that...So IF we have another youth cup in the future, we will have to be strict about that! :)

Mate, if you read the last three or four pages of the thread all will be explained.

Too right Alvin, there have been enough opportunities for all Youth Tournament managers to schedule their matches. If you fail to challenge you lose the points. Field an ineligible player and you lose the points - no exceptions.

Chelsea have pulled out of the youth cup...But the good part is we would have lesser games to reschedule now

:P ...To be fair to Auxerre, none of the fixtures against Chelsea would be counted & Auxerre's goal difference has been changed. But the Auxerre players would still have those goals against their names. We just had one game this week. Sao Paulo- Santos game rescheduled.

. ...Thanks to managers of Leverkusen ,Juventus for not using any of their reserve days... Young players of Leverkusen have shown great character against some of the bigger sides from the group. Their side might have lost games, but they've shown great heart.Sao Paulo & Juventus both set for semis, though Juve still have a game left. All eyes on group B now. Not much to separate City and Auxerre in the table. The two teams take on each other this week. Jimmy and rather would also be keen to see how the semi fixtures would look like.

We've had a poor start for the cup. But since the regular group fixtures are over and only reserve days left, things can only get better. In any case we would have 4 teams in the semis who are genuinely interested in taking part in this cup

2755189533_3fb3cc8c13_o.jpg

Remaining Group fixtures

Auxerre vs Man City- 15th August

Santos vs Juventus- 15th August

Auxerre vs Celtic - 22nd August

Santos Vs Sao Paulo 22nd August

Man City Vs Celtic - 29th August

I Challanged A Team Last Week As Exspected But They Dident Accept..

Seems Its Impossible To Run a Comp Like This' date=' Anyone Thats Ever Tried Has Had The Same Problims

So Alvin I Should Have Got The 3 Point No....

Sao Paulo[/quote']

Scroll up...there is a post dated 8th Friday ( my time zone) from rather asking you to challenge him. :confused: You have a game against Juve this week

It is tough to get a competition like this going. So if we do this again, there will be some changes to the format & rules. A league format would help us have fewer reserve days, be strict with rescheduling & move all reserve days to the end.

In that case Rather can use his reserve day to reschedule his match & if you manage to beat both Juve & Sao Paulo you'd go through to semis instead of Juve. But I'll have to hear Rather's side of the story

EDIT : Rather's post was on 6th ...( got confused with the month B) )...around 5 PM Uk time... if you had challenged him atleast before Thursday, then You'll get a rematch against him... :)

Yes, santos challenged me after i asked on here weds night, but i couldn't get internet access for a couple of days so didn't accept it. I think a rematch is fair because he left it to the last minute and it is my first offense, and if he still wants 3 points then let's not forget his man-keeper in the first fixture! lol;)

Looking forward to the San-Sao on the 22nd:D

city were humiliated by Auxerre last night...I'll take the blame for that ...I have been rather poor with my tactics for the youth side...we still haven't worked out a system. well done Logan ;) your side has a very good chance to go through now

I hope I'll have a time to do a team profile on all teams in the semis, starting with new favorites Sao Paulo!! In a sense I'm glad Chelsea have pulled out..the contest is more open now & anyone can go on to win the cup:)

2767872682_ba703e48a9_o.jpg

I hope I'll have a time to do a team profile on all teams in the semis' date=' starting with new favorites Sao Paulo!![/quote']

Sao Paulo were seeded #1 if I recall :o

looking forward to the profiles!:D