Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Williams

World Championship 1

Re: World Champ 1

city were humiliated by Auxerre last night...I'll take the blame for that ...I have been rather poor with my tactics for the youth side...we still haven't worked out a system. well done Logan ;) your side has a very good chance to go through now.

Fantastic result. I've been away at the Green Man festival since Thursday and just got back to today and checked the results. Even better was that as I wasn't near a computer all weekend I had to leave my youth team in for the league and managed to beat Arsenal 2-1.

Just challenged Celtic now for my final group match.

We have one last game in group stages...My city side would take on Celtic...Despite a 6-0 thrashing at the hands of Celtic, Auxerre are still the likely ones to go through as the second team from the group...Highlight of the game was a hatrick by Lubos kalouda & yet another MOM performance by Guardado, who is now a contender for player of the tournament. If City manage to beat Celtic by a margin of 3 goals or score enough to get the equation in their favor, then they would go through ...any other scoreline would see Auxerre visit Sao Paulo for the second semis...City face an uphill task to secure all 3 points

2802296123_f334ee6c48_o.jpg

Semi finals

Sao Paulo VS Auxerre/ City----- 5th Sep 2008

Celtic VS Juventus --------------- 5th sep 2008

There was a slight mistake in Auxerre's GOALS FOR column in the previous table...They've scored 7 goals ...but it was wrongly listed as 8..its corrected in this one...sorry for that...if any of you notice any mistakes in the table just let me know...I'll edit it.

Looks my Lyon side are the leagues in form team at the moment with 6 wins in their last 6 league matches. Of course me writing this here will probably jinx my team for tonights fixtures but thought I might as well write about it whilst I still could :)

Chelsea have stated Henry will now be available on loan

for current forumers if anyone is interested in the world class striker, make a loan bid.

Scherer MAXWELL has hit out at Memic after he finally found out a bid for his services from Sao Paulo was rejected and has stated if he comes back from loan, he will not play in a Chelsea shirt. Maxwell stated that the management should have allowed him to join his fellow countrymen.

Memic after this little outburst has said the lad will not play in a Chelsea shirt and will offload him to the highest bidder or use him in a player exchange

With Miralem Pjanic whom is yet to play in a Man City shirt is Mr Memics number one target could we see a swap of Maxwell in return for the talented Bosnian, whom could learn a lot from a fellow countrymen Memic.

We have one last game in group stages...My city side would take on Celtic...Despite a 6-0 thrashing at the hands of Celtic' date=' Auxerre are still the likely ones to go through as the second team from the group...Highlight of the game was a hatrick by Lubos kalouda & yet another MOM performance by Guardado, who is now a contender for player of the tournament. If City manage to beat Celtic by a margin of 3 goals or score enough to get the equation in their favor, then they would go through ...any other scoreline would see Auxerre visit Sao Paulo for the second semis...City face an uphill task to secure all 3 points [/b']

2802296123_f334ee6c48_o.jpg

Semi finals

Sao Paulo VS Auxerre/ City----- 5th Sep 2008

Celtic VS Juventus --------------- 5th sep 2008

There was a slight mistake in Auxerre's GOALS FOR column in the previous table...They've scored 7 goals ...but it was wrongly listed as 8..its corrected in this one...sorry for that...if any of you notice any mistakes in the table just let me know...I'll edit it.

So Celtic any time you're ready to challenge Juve... we're ready to accept!

With Miralem Pjanic whom is yet to play in a Man City shirt is Mr Memics number one target could we see a swap of Maxwell in return for the talented Bosnian' date=' whom could learn a lot from a fellow countrymen Memic.[/quote']

"Pjanic isn't going anywhere....!!!"

" the player has extended his contract with the club to five years and this should put an end to all speculations ...he is happy to stay at the Blue half of Manchester.."

it has been tough for him to break into the first team ...the player came on as a late substitute last season ..but couldn't make much of an impact...after few disappointing outings in the youth cup, it seems he still has a lot to learn...

" ..the boy has great potential...but he simply isn't ready at the moment...we should be patient with him..and not push him too far.." , the charismatic manager added..."there is one thing I know for sure ...few seasons from now, Pjanic would sure play first division football at stamford Bridge...but then he would still be in a City shirt :D ... we are staying up this time...but we'll be fighting to go up next time"

Well 7 in a row for my Lyon team :)

If anyone has any decent strikers for cash only sale then let me know.

Also have made Arshavin available but am only looking for a decent player exchange, if I don't get any decent offers I'll just keep him and see how he does in the champions league IRL. :)

In a Folha de Sao Paulo interview today, Sao Paulo manager Rarther embraced media speculation linking Chelsea's unhappy Scherer MAXWELL with his club, saying "He is welcome back home at Morumbi. The LB position has been our achilles heal for what seems like an eternity, so Maxwell would be guaranteed first team football here and would be worshipped by 80,000 screaming brazilians week in, week out."

"We agreed a good deal for MAXWELL when he was a 90-rated fringe player at Chelsea, but they pulled out when his rating increased. We increased our offer significantly, but it was ignored by the club, so we have been waiting for MARCELO to grow into the role instead..."

Sorry logan' date=' didn't read the forums for a while but alvin pm'd me to remind me... i have challenged you now. Good luck!:D[/quote']

Judging by the above quote it would appear that Celtic have been pm'd by both myself and Alvin...yet Juve have still not received a challenge.

Well.. I don't know about last minute but what about giving him until 8am tomorrow (36 hours before the scheduled kick off). If he hasn't put out the challenge by then what do you think of the suggestion that I challenge him?

That way at least the match gets scheduled even if he does lose home advantage. I currently have a number of my youth squad members waiting to go out on loan as soon As the tournament is over, so I don't really want this dragging on because one of the participants can't get his act together.

In the above scenario Celtic still have the opportunity to challenge Juventus up until 36 hours before match time. Failing that, Juventus still have the opportunity to make the challenge and submit a team for the match as scheduled. That then puts the ball back in Celtic's court to ensure they put out an eligible team. Otherwise they lose by default.

What does everyone think? The last thing we need at this stage is further delays to this tournament. After all everyone should know the schedule by now.

Problem solved.

Received the challenge from Celtic this morning and have accepted.

Although suggestions for games still pending, as outlined in my previous post, are still on the table for discussion.

BTW: Are the semi's one leg or two?

Problem solved.

Received the challenge from Celtic this morning and have accepted.

Although suggestions for games still pending' date=' as outlined in my previous post, are still on the table for discussion.

BTW: Are the semi's one leg or two?[/quote']

Did anyone read the rules?? :P ...I'll post them again

semi final matches would be a single leg event but we would have a day for replay in case of a draw, with hosts reversed .In case a draw occurs even after replay, the team to go through would be decided according to the order below, each to be used when the previous one doesn't separate the teams

away goal rule > points won in the group stage > average player ratings in the knockout stage with both legs put together ( substitute player ratings wont be considered.)

Host for the final would be based on

better goal difference in semis> goals for in semis> points in group stages

2825450058_6077b70d74.jpg

PLAYERS TO WATCH ( TRANSFER FEE) - APPEARANCES

SAO PAULO

V MARCELO (£3.2M ) - 62

V BRENO 18 (£650k) - 33

L LUCAS (£8.0M) - 48

P.DENILSON (£1.5M) - 32

THIAGO HELENO (£4.6M) - 27

AUXERRE

I POPOV (P/E) - 14

KAZIM KAZIM ( £1.6M & P/E) - 18

C VILLALUZ (P/E) - 39

L MOSQUERA ( P/E) -4

2825448768_73ce7c3397_o.jpg

PLAYERS TO WATCH ( TRANSFER FEE) - APPEARANCES

CELTIC

A.GUARDADO (£500k & P/E) 151

L.KALOUDA (£2.0M & P/E) - 2

D.BUONANOTTE (£275k) - 6

A.ALEXIS SANCHEZ (£12.0M) - 41

M.MARCELO MORENO (£4.0M) - 3

JUVENTUS

P.BOJAN KRKIC (£28.0M) - 28

M.BRADLEY (£11.0M ) - 5

S.RENATO AUGUSTO (£6.0M) - 18

M SULEJMANI (£1.8M & P/E) - 7

P PIATTI (£6.0M) - 16

sao paulo 3-3 auxerre

celtic 0-0 juventus

auxerre played 3 22yr olds from senior squad including hattrick hero Kazim. is this allowed? i have lots of good 22yr olds who havent been played:confused:

sao paulo 3-3 auxerre

celtic 0-0 juventus

auxerre played 3 22yr olds from senior squad including hattrick hero Kazim. is this allowed? i have lots of good 22yr olds who havent been played:confused:

It is allowed rather...any player who was 21 or under when tournament kicked off ( on June 27th ) is allowed to take part in the rest of the tournament...I had posted this before the start of the tournament...

...Since we have 2 draws now we'll have second leg fixtures for both the games with home teams reversed...this is when the away goals would come handy ...but if you can beat Auxerre , then it wouldn't matter rather. Juventus would have the home advantage ...but they failed to take anything from the first leg...its getting exciting!