Alright lads?

Had this idea for a while and finally decided to share it out here:

Starting from January the 1st I will run a monthly competition where all the participants will have to do is chose one option or the other from the forthcoming football games. The options will vary. Here's a few examples:

Manchester United vs Swansea - Will Man United win - Yes/No?

Dortmund vs Wolfsburg - Will Gotze score in 90 mins - Yes/No?

Manchester City vs Stoke City - Who will score first - Man City/Stoke or no goal?

These are just examples to let you understand how this works. :)

Now a person can chose from 0 to all 3 choices everyday. (They can either leave them all, if they're unsure, or go for all 3 if confident, or just chose 1 or 2 they like best and leave 1/2 they're unsure on)

The aim of the game:

The aim is to get the longest prediction streak going. By guessing the right outcome for 1 game, you get a streak of 1 win, followed by another and then another etc... anytime you predict wrong you go back down to 0

If predicting all 3 games on the same day and they're on at the same time you must put the order in which you predict the games: Game 1 being first, followed by 2nd, 3 being last. This is if your first prediction is wrong, your second and third may still get you a streak of 2. If your 1st and 2nd are right and 3rd is wrong then your streak is down to 0 again.

No posting after the game has started, and of course no editing. Editing/posting too late will result in streak going down to 0.

The winner each month is the one who finishes with the longest winning streak. If one had a streak of let's say 20 going but has 0 at the end of the month, the 20 will count for nothing. The winner is whoever has the longest streak on the last day of each month.

So will try to do this the whole year, and will see who gets the most monthly winners :)

If anything is unclear ask me, and I'll try to explain it. Hope at least a few get involved to make this worthwhile. :)

Anyone can get involved at anytime :)

Winners:

January: sirmarkhughes

February: Venkrontrueblue11

March: TheMar AFc

April: -sandals,

May: -sandals,

June: VatreniUnited

July: VatreniUnited

August: Ghora

September: Gozzy/Frozy

October: Ben-SCFC

November: Ben-SCFC

December: -sandals,/VatreniUnited

Final Standings:

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright lads? Had this idea for a while and finally decided to share it out here: Starting from January the 1st I will run a monthly competition where all the participants will have to do is chose o

Re: Streak to the top I think I made a mistake with the Carabobo v La Guaira game, I thought when I looked it was the second leg between them but I must of been looking at another game and then wrot

Re: Streak to the top 20:45 Nacional-Benfica - Will Benfica score in the first 25 minutes? No

Re: Streak to the top - starting January 1st

Ok let's start this off:

Remember this one is just pre tournament before the actual thing starts on Jan 1st :)

19:00: AZ Alkmaar-FC Twente - Total goals in game - 2 or less/3 or more?

19:45 Cagliari-Juventus - Will Juventus score 3 or more goals? - YES/NO?

19:45 Brest-PSG - Will PSG keep a clean sheet - YES/NO?

My picks:

1: 19:00: AZ Alkmaar-FC Twente - Total goals in game - 2 or less/3 or more? 3 or more

2: 19:45 Brest-PSG - Will PSG keep a clean sheet - YES/NO? Yes

3: 19:45 Cagliari-Juventus - Will Juventus score 3 or more goals? - YES/NO? Yes

Remember AZ-Twente game must be your first choice. The other two you can put in any order since they start at the same time :)

The order you list them is the order your streak will count :)

12:45 Wigan - Arsenal - Will Podolski score for Arsenal? - YES/NO?

15:00 Newcastle - QPR - Will QPR score in the first 60 minutes? - YES/NO?

19:45 AS Roma - AC Milan - Will someone get a red card? - YES/NO?

My picks:

1: 12:45 Wigan - Arsenal - Will Podolski score for Arsenal? - No

2: 19:45 AS Roma - AC Milan - Will someone get a red card? - No

As you can see I'm not guessing the QPR game. Remember you don't have to do them all, and since I picked up an early lead I'll skip on that one :)

12:45 Wigan - Arsenal - Will Podolski score for Arsenal? - YES/NO?

15:00 Newcastle - QPR - Will QPR score in the first 60 minutes? - YES/NO?

19:45 AS Roma - AC Milan - Will someone get a red card? - YES/NO?

My picks:

1: 12:45 Wigan - Arsenal - Will Podolski score for Arsenal? - No

2: 19:45 AS Roma - AC Milan - Will someone get a red card? - No

As you can see I'm not guessing the QPR game. Remember you don't have to do them all' date=' and since I picked up an early lead I'll skip on that one :)[/b']

Im up for this if ull have me?

Arsenal will pod score?- NO

QPR to score a goal before 60- YES