pirlo to 94 !!!!

Re: pirlo to 94 !!!!

You have got to be kidding... By Jesus' date=' you aren't. This is ridiculous. An utterly ridiculous raise.

These numbers are getting fuzzier all the time.[/quote']

This is what happens when votes on SW are counted towards rating changes on SM. I shudder to think what daft ratings players will have in 6 months time, could very much be the end of SM

At this rate Emile Heskey could be a 90 rated player again, before SM worked out people were taking the pi**

This is what happens when votes on SW are counted towards rating changes on SM. I shudder to think what daft ratings players will have in 6 months time' date=' could very much be the end of SM

At this rate Emile Heskey could be a 90 rated player again, before SM worked out people were taking the pi**[/quote']

why couldn't he? if he was performing like one, in a fair enough club and league i don't see why not.

At the first glance Pogba's 85 is the only wrong rating change in italy.

Who can deny that its deserved? Pirlo is a world class midfielder, 94 is world class, not 92. Imo Pirlo is very close in his passing to Xavi, also the way he controls the midfield is sensational. Lets not forget he won the trophy with Juve and was in the final of Euros, he deserves it, its not a stupid rating. Is he not on par with Alonso? Why should he not be 1 less than Fabregas? Excellent decision by SM.

why couldn't he? if he was performing like one' date=' in a fair enough club and league i don't see why not.

At the first glance Pogba's 85 is the only wrong rating change in italy.[/quote']

If it's so well-deserved, then why did he drop off from 94 18 months ago? It's not like he rediscovered anything. He is the same player he's always been. He never lost his NT starting place, he just started getting old. If one stellar Euros is all it takes, coupled with an unbeaten run in a hack league, shouldn't Hakan Balta have been 91 after Euro 2008? He was easily one of the bright lights in that show.

My disapproval comes from the inconsistency, as well as what Keyze Soze said. It should be raise by objective prestige, not by committee. For crying out loud, 18 months ago, everyone on here was saying that Pirlo was finished, that he was just going down, down, down. He dropped by committee, and now, he has again risen by the same sword. He never changed. Nothing about him has changed.

It is absolutely ridiculous what's going on around here. It's lord of the poncing flies.

All credit to Keyzer for speaking the truth.

If it's so well-deserved' date=' then why did he drop off from 94 18 months ago? It's not like he rediscovered anything. He is the same player he's always been. He never lost his NT starting place, he just started getting old. If one stellar Euros is all it takes, coupled with an unbeaten run in a hack league, shouldn't Hakan Balta have been 91 after Euro 2008? He was easily one of the bright lights in that show.

My disapproval comes from the inconsistency, as well as what Keyze Soze said. It should be raise by objective prestige, not by committee. For crying out loud, 18 months ago, everyone on here was saying that Pirlo was finished, that he was just going down, down, down. He dropped by committee, and now, he has again risen by the same sword. He never changed. Nothing about him has changed.

It is absolutely ridiculous what's going on around here. It's lord of the poncing flies.

All credit to Keyzer for speaking the truth.[/quote']

Pirlo dropped when he shouldn't, come on man, he dropped 2 points in 2 reviews just in a matter os 2/3 months, he could of drop to 93 max, even that was harsh, this raise its not all because of he's recents doings, but to compensate all undeserved dropping.

He had one bad 10/11 season, for most part because of injuries and they dropped him 3 points. So its only fair his rise, and his age should not hinder that, because he's one of those players that will be playing at 37/38 years old, and he will still be rated 91/92, just look at Giggs.

If it's so well-deserved' date=' then why did he drop off from 94 18 months ago? It's not like he rediscovered anything. He is the same player he's always been. He never lost his NT starting place, he just started getting old. If one stellar Euros is all it takes, coupled with an unbeaten run in a hack league, shouldn't Hakan Balta have been 91 after Euro 2008? He was easily one of the bright lights in that show.

All credit to Keyzer for speaking the truth.[/quote']

He definately deserved it. Had the reviews been done after the euros he would have gone up +1 due to him being juventus' best player that season and italy's best in the euros. Then the extra +1 is for his continued form for juventus. It may seem like a big rise but its is pretty much 2 reviews worth due to serie a not being done for months

Don't exaggerate.

it is true. Pirlo was dying in Milan because they had too many players of his position like Nocerino, Ambrosini, Flamini, Gattuso. & in Juve he regained his position. He make the attack, he cuts the defence. Its amazing to see players like Pirlo & Zanetti playing much better than a 24, 25 year old one.

If it's so well-deserved' date=' then why did he drop off from 94 18 months ago? It's not like he rediscovered anything. He is the same player he's always been. He never lost his NT starting place, he just started getting old. If one stellar Euros is all it takes, [b']coupled with an unbeaten run in a hack league,[/b] shouldn't Hakan Balta have been 91 after Euro 2008? He was easily one of the bright lights in that show.

All credit to Keyzer for speaking the truth.

Therein lies your problem.

A class league that you **** on.

The guy played a pivotal role in Juve's resurgence & dictated play for them throughout their undefeated season & in the Euro's.

If you don't think his form dipped along with AC's before his move then you don't watch much Serie A or Pirlo. It did, he regained it & then some.

Shame some people just can't recognize, or admit to, quality.:rolleyes:

I guess Xavi's just getting old too.

Pirlo dropped when he shouldn't' date=' come on man, he dropped 2 points in 2 reviews just in a matter os 2/3 months, he could of drop to 93 max, even that was harsh, this raise its not all for he's recents doings but to compensate all undeserved dropping.

He had one bad 10/11 season, for most part because of injuries and they dropped him 3 points. So its only fair his rise, and his age should not hinder that, because he's one of those players that will be playing at 37/38 years old, and he will still be rated 91/92, just look at Giggs.[/quote']

This is a flimsy argument. In his "bad" season, what exactly went wrong? Nothing. He never changed. Gerrard has had 4 terrible seasons in a row, and is somehow on a 92.

If the injury issue is responsible for 2 -1s in sequence, why not Puyol, Vidic, Wilshere, Bdstuber (wait and see), Ferdinand (suspension), and so many others? Injuries need to be examined, because it seems like a variable, based purely on certain people's affiliations and preferences, rather than the constant that it should be.

How difficult would it be to set up an injury system?

I guess Xavi's just getting old too.

I'll have to ignore the rest of what you said for now. Pirlo dropped at AC because, as stated earlier, it's one of the most poorly managed clubs in the world. He wasn't getting as much game time as he deserved.

Myu argument was that he has never changed in the least, and considering what happens to other players in similar situations (Kaka--exaggeration, but similar), his double drops, as well as this rise, are all obscene.

Xavi's playing time has barely changed over 5 seasons, so that's a pretty faetious comparison.

Pirlo is easily a 94 on SM, italy had a good euros losing only to spain, pirlo was regarded by most people as one of the best players in the tournement (he was) , he had a great season with juve unbeaten in the league and only a cup final defeat to napoli..

93 would have shown that once a player reaches a cetain age the perception is their no use anymore.. when in reality on a game to game basis i'd but pirlo in my team only behind xavi in the CM posisition..

how anyone can argue for pirlo only to be 93 or even 92 based on actually how good he is, is scandalous.

can't believe some people are arguing Pirlo is not worth his rating.

He is widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in football and as such deserves to have a high rating in the game - his age should have nothing to do with it! And he shouldn't have dropped before anyway....

Well done SM/soccerwiki for sorting this out - even if it took you long enough to do it :P

Pogba was a change that I could not thoroughly understand.

I admit, I was surprised at Pirlos change to a 94 but Im not against it. I did expect Pirlo to achieve an increase of 1 as he truly is the orchestrator of Juve.

Looking back at this year, he led Italy to the Euro Finals and had an unbeaten season with Juve in which he was the puppeter