Sign in to follow this  
RedWitch

Chairman blocking loan

I have four DC's and decided to loan one of them out, i.e. the youngest with the lowest rating. (I would actually like to sell one of them but the one I want to let go is transfer banned).

I was able to set up the offer of the player for loan, but when another manager applied for the player the chairman blocked it because the player is "too valuable" (4.8m).

Any ideas why this would happen please? It seems a bit pointless being manager if the chairman can do this.

Re: Chairman blocking loan

I have four DC's and decided to loan one of them out' date=' i.e. the youngest with the lowest rating. (I would actually like to sell one of them but the one I want to let go is transfer banned).

I was able to set up the offer of the player for loan, but when another manager applied for the player the chairman blocked it because the player is "too valuable" (4.8m).

Any ideas why this would happen please? It seems a bit pointless being manager if the chairman can do this.[/quote']

Well the Chairman is acting in the best interest of the club-not necessarily in the best interest of the manager. Generally young players are seen as potential.

I have four DC's and decided to loan one of them out' date=' i.e. the youngest with the lowest rating. (I would actually like to sell one of them but the one I want to let go is transfer banned).

Any ideas why this would happen please? It seems a bit pointless being manager if the chairman can do this.[/quote']

Welcome to SM and its "bright logic"... Where the chairman allows you to loan list a player, but then refuses to let him go out on loan! :mad::mad:

My chairman keeps blocking the loan of a 78 rated DM (similarly one I want to sell but who is on a transfer ban) becuase he is too valuable. Ridiculous as he isn't even close to my second team never mond the first.

I would suggest sending a bug ticket about this.

It certainly used to be the case that you could not loan list someone unless your chairman was willing to loan them out.

I don't recall SM ever saying this had changed.

If it has changed, it is a bad change and needs putting back so if enough people report it then SM may take note...

Well the Chairman is acting in the best interest of the club-not necessarily in the best interest of the manager. Generally young players are seen as potential.

Ok I could maybe understand that if I was wanting to sell the player, but why block a loan? It gets the player off the wage bill, he would get games with another club, and I can recall him instantly if I need him. Surely that is in the best interests of everyone?

What makes this even more illogical is that when I took over the team there were already two loan players there in my squad, which reflects the real life situation. One of them is a 23yo rated 88. Actually that leads me to another question which I'll post seperately!

I think what's going on is that, should you play two DCs, your chairman wants cover for both positions. The same thing happened to me when i tried to loan out my second-to-last GK. There was no problem loaning out higher-rated keepers, but when it came down to either having two for one spot, or one, i think the chairman steps in under the pretense of excessive value.

I understand the need for cover, but I have other players who can provide that e.g. D (RC).

I also have a position that has no adequate cover, and I could bring someone in and pay their wages from what I have saved by loaning the surplus player out.

Hello everyone. If your Chairman won't let you loan him out then as far as i'm aware then you shouldn't be allowed to put him on the loan list (unless of course you have bought / sold players since and this has changed their importance). I believe that this has now been brought to our attention and we are currently looking into why this is happening and it should be resolved shortly.

Hi @Vicky, but why would the chairman being blocking a loan anyway?

In a situation where the player's position is already covered by higher ranking players but either cannot be sold (because of a transfer ban) or the manager still wants to keep him but cannot offer any games, surely loaning out would be best for the club? Why would a chairman not want to save his wages, safe in the knowledge that should the unexpected occur he could be recalled instantly?

Hello everyone. If your Chairman won't let you loan him out then as far as i'm aware then you shouldn't be allowed to put him on the loan list (unless of course you have bought / sold players since and this has changed their importance). I believe that this has now been brought to our attention and we are currently looking into why this is happening and it should be resolved shortly.

its not like this sir. In one of my GW, despite the player was loan listed, the chairman refused the transfer. This all has started since the new 'unmanaged clubs asking loan' improvement came to the scene. Please fix this, it makes things to bad for teams like Crewe Alexendria in English Championships.

The variable is other players being loaned out. That's what's going on here, i'm almost positive. If i'm right, shouldn't there be a limit to the amount of players to be added to the loan list? Maybe another one for the amount of loan bids unmanaged clubs can make, so the swaths of hideous "Club X has the maximum amount..." messages can go away?

*getting greedy*

its not like this sir. In one of my GW' date=' despite the player was loan listed, the chairman refused the transfer.[/quote']

Same problem with my teams, the chairman keeps blocking loan requests for my players that are already in the loan list! :mad:

A couple of days ago I tried to loan two players from the same club, but both offers were rejected by that club's chairman. The manager hasn't logged in since so the players are still on the loan list and anyone else making offers is going to get the same response.

Surely this isn't a complicated thing to fix?