F.A Premier League 2007-2008

Baseball Furie

I thought i'd make a thread on the actual league so we could follow performances and DEBATE ;) on matches. I've not seen it on here yet so i created the thread.

Chelsea 3-2 Birmingham City.

Even though Chelsea had a lot of players injured, they still fielding a Phenominally strong squad.

Chelsea: Cech, Johnson, Carvalho, Ben Haim, Ashley Cole, Wright-Phillips, Essien (Mikel 69), Lampard, Malouda (Sidwell 83), Kalou, Pizarro (Drogba 64).

Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Joe Cole.

Birmingham: Doyle, Kelly, Djourou, Ridgewell, Queudrue (Parnaby 51), Larsson, Muamba, Nafti (De Ridder 75), McSheffrey (Jerome 69), Kapo, Forssell.

Subs Not Used: Maik Taylor, O'Connor.

Chelsea started very bright and one reporter stated: "Chelsea played a more vibrant game of football than the whole of last season put together."

and he couldn't be more right, Chelsea were dominant for most of the first half. But in the 15th minute, Mikael Forsell (An Ex Blue himself) put Birmingham ahead against the run of player with a split second reaction header from Gary McSheffrey's Free Kick.

An immediate reaction from Chelsea as 2 minutes later, with fantastic interplay from Saloman Kalou and Shaun Wright-Phillips, SWP sent in a cross across the floor to a waiting Claudio Pizarro to slot it into the net. However critics say goalkeeper Doyle should've saved it.

_44053882_pizarro203.jpg

Pizarro shone in Debut.

Chelsea continued to dominate the first half with sublime pieces of skill. They managed to take the lead in the 31st minute, with fellow debutant Florent Malouda, Kalou also playing a part in this goal with a beautifully timed chip through to an onside Malouda to convert to give Chelsea the lead.

5 minutes later, Olivier Kapo beat Glen Johnson with the upmost ease to drag Birmingham city back into the game.

HT: 2-2.

Chelsea came out in the second half how they finished the first, and expectedly scored within 5 minutes of the restart, Wright-Phillips, who was once again involved, found Michael Essien as he hammered home for the blues.

Didier Drogba gave the crowd more to cheer about after replacing hero Pizarro in the 64th minute. Drogba came very close in the second half as Doyle came out to clear the ball, kicked it to Drogba on the half way line and smashed a cracking shot towards goal only to miss by about 5 yards.

FT: 2-2.

I was going to do Spurs but Cally would hate me :D

Re: F.A Premier League 2007-2008

I thought i'd make a thread on the actual league so we could follow performances and DEBATE ;) on matches. I've not seen it on here yet so i created the thread.

Chelsea 3-2 Birmingham City.

Even though Chelsea had a lot of players injured' date=' they still fielding a Phenominally strong squad.

[b']Chelsea:[/b] Cech, Johnson, Carvalho, Ben Haim, Ashley Cole, Wright-Phillips, Essien (Mikel 69), Lampard, Malouda (Sidwell 83), Kalou, Pizarro (Drogba 64).

Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Joe Cole.

Birmingham: Doyle, Kelly, Djourou, Ridgewell, Queudrue (Parnaby 51), Larsson, Muamba, Nafti (De Ridder 75), McSheffrey (Jerome 69), Kapo, Forssell.

Subs Not Used: Maik Taylor, O'Connor.

Chelsea started very bright and one reporter stated: "Chelsea played a more vibrant game of football than the whole of last season put together."

and he couldn't be more right, Chelsea were dominant for most of the first half. But in the 15th minute, Mikael Forsell (An Ex Blue himself) put Birmingham ahead against the run of player with a split second reaction header from Gary McSheffrey's Free Kick.

An immediate reaction from Chelsea as 2 minutes later, with fantastic interplay from Saloman Kalou and Shaun Wright-Phillips, SWP sent in a cross across the floor to a waiting Claudio Pizarro to slot it into the net. However critics say goalkeeper Doyle should've saved it.

_44053882_pizarro203.jpg

Pizarro shone in Debut.

Chelsea continued to dominate the first half with sublime pieces of skill. They managed to take the lead in the 31st minute, with fellow debutant Florent Malouda, Kalou also playing a part in this goal with a beautifully timed chip through to an onside Malouda to convert to give Chelsea the lead.

5 minutes later, Olivier Kapo beat Glen Johnson with the upmost ease to drag Birmingham city back into the game.

HT: 2-2.

Chelsea came out in the second half how they finished the first, and expectedly scored within 5 minutes of the restart, Wright-Phillips, who was once again involved, found Michael Essien as he hammered home for the blues.

Didier Drogba gave the crowd more to cheer about after replacing hero Pizarro in the 64th minute. Drogba came very close in the second half as Doyle came out to clear the ball, kicked it to Drogba on the half way line and smashed a cracking shot towards goal only to miss by about 5 yards.

FT: 2-2.

I was going to do Spurs but Cally would hate me :D

I think you are a bit biased. lol. "Sublime", "cracking shot", "hammered home", "beautifully timed chip". Lol. Yet the best goal of the game from Kapo, was "5 minutes later, Olivier Kapo beat Glen Johnson with the upmost ease to drag Birmingham city back into the game."

Cmon man, Chelsea played open football. Hence why the rock of defence that was last year lat in 2 goals against Birmingham! "Dominate" this and "Dominate" that. lol. Yeah yeah.

Anyways, you a Chelski fan, so I suppose you would be biased. What about the 5 English players used!!! :eek:

I think you are a bit biased. lol. "Sublime"' date=' "cracking shot", "hammered home", "beautifully timed chip". Lol. Yet the best goal of the game from Kapo, was "5 minutes later, Olivier Kapo beat Glen Johnson with the upmost ease to drag Birmingham city back into the game."

Cmon man, Chelsea played open football. Hence why the rock of defence that was last year lat in 2 goals against Birmingham! "Dominate" this and "Dominate" that. lol. Yeah yeah.

Anyways, you a Chelski fan, so I suppose you would be biased. What about the 5 English players used!!! :eek:[/quote']

biased and always will be :D. wheres Michael Chopra from by the way? :P

is it a good i dea for this thread though? because i want to follow theprem all year and there isnt a single thread on it, just multiple ones.

P.S i got most of the information off bbc.co.uk, they said they dominated, not me :)

Argh!! Clayts if anyone is biased its you!!

Chelsea's game was excellent yesterday then played very well indeed...Birmingham gave it a good go but really never looked like doing anything to hurt Chelsea...I think Pizarro will prove to be a good signing and Malouda obviously will.

By the way did Spurs win? I missed the result. :rolleyes:

Chelsea's game was excellent yesterday then played very well indeed...Birmingham gave it a good go but really never looked like doing anything to hurt Chelsea...I think Pizarro will prove to be a good signing and Malouda obviously will.

oh no no no. The most bias person on the forum is your Mr.Danny Williams lol :P

From what i heard ( on radio i was at work :( ) chelsea did out play them, had more shots more chances but did lack defensive organisation and Johnsons didnt play well imo. His attempted tackle on Kapo was a shocker

Spurs lost 1-0 to Sunderland. Which you know anyway. We played a RB at LB. Gardner, who was crap!!! Jenas was nowhere to be seen (he needs to get his act together). Berba had an off day for some reason.

A draw was the right result. And also we should of had a penalty in the first half. But losing 1-0 wasn't really fair imo. But Spurs played shocking!! Not good at all!!

But I do think Sunderland were very well controlled and Keano has definately sorted them out for this season!

Goons were a bit lucky imo. :D Although Warner played a blinder of a game. Lehmann sucks - absolute garbage. He is your weakest player. Get rid!

Man Utd 0-0 Reading

Well, to me this is a fair result. I quite expected this a few days ago, but I was actually hoping for a Man Utd win but Readings deffensive perfomance was wonderful and Man Utds performance was great but we should have scored.

The Rooney injury was a real blow but hopefully he will be back soon. It looks like Tevez will get his debut sooner then Sir Alex said. Hopefully we can bounce back on Wednesday and Reading dont let Chelsea beat them :P

Spurs lost 1-0 to Sunderland. Which you know anyway. We played a RB at LB. Gardner' date=' who was crap!!! Jenas was nowhere to be seen (he needs to get his act together). Berba had an off day for some reason.

A draw was the right result. And also we should of had a penalty in the first half. But losing 1-0 wasn't really fair imo. But Spurs played shocking!! Not good at all!!

But I do think Sunderland were very well controlled and Keano has definately sorted them out for this season!

Goons were a bit lucky imo. :D Although Warner played a blinder of a game. Lehmann sucks - absolute garbage. He is your weakest player. Get rid![/quote']

Who is Lehmann?

Its LEMON!! :mad:

oh no no no. The most bias person on the forum is your Mr.Danny Williams lol :P

From what i heard ( on radio i was at work :( ) chelsea did out play them' date=' had more shots more chances but did lack defensive organisation and Johnsons didnt play well imo. His attempted tackle on Kapo was a shocker[/quote']

:D :D At least i have something to be biased about Jonno ;):D

Yes good thread "Sam",but lets not turn it into a slanging match guys!!,constructive posting only please:)(not directed at anyone in particular)

Most impressive first game i saw was Liverpools win over Villa.Of the so called big four they were the only side with an away fixture and came up trumps with a great result unlike last season where much of their failings were away from home.

A few of their new signings also impressed particularly Babel who looked very sharp.

Hopefully Liverpool will challenge Chelsea and Man U this season and give us all a more exciting prem to follow

lol tottenham smashed on their own ground by everton in the season "they were supposed to get champions league" at this rate they will be lucky to make the uefa cup spot this season what a horror show bottom after two games 4 let in and 1 goal scored by their supposed "best strike force" roll on the season