Player Morale

RedWitch

I am having trouble working out how the player morale rating works, and what can be done to improve it when it is low.

I have a player I recently signed, he has played in all 3 matches since signing.

He has an overall rating of 90, (the last change was an improvement of 1) and in those 3 matches he was given 10-8-8 for his performances.

He has one goal assist and one MOM. He is 27 and on a 3 year contract.

But his morale is only 61 and it doesn't change. Any ideas please?

Re: Player Morale

I am having trouble working out how the player morale rating works' date=' and what can be done to improve it when it is low.

I have a player I recently signed, he has played in all 3 matches since signing.

He has an overall rating of 90, (the last change was an improvement of 1) and in those 3 matches he was given 10-8-8 for his performances.

He has one goal assist and one MOM. He is 27 and on a 3 year contract.

But his morale is only 61 and it doesn't change. Any ideas please?[/quote']

A player's morale is based on numerous factors such as their clubs form, his transfer status, their current form etc (so says the Online Help).

Contract is normally a big issue too. If he has just had a rating increase then he is probably a little underpaid. This will eventually link into him developing a Player Concern.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much though as I don't count morale too highly on the list of things I would consider when picking my team etc. If your player is performing well then I would care even less.

As tebthereb said u also don't hve to worry about it too much and If your player is performing well then u would care even less... :)

but if u really want 2 know wat morale actually means...it means "confidence" or u can say how much ur player is confident about his next games :D

Thanks very much for the comments. They do however lead me to ask what is the point of it then? I have a player who was MOM last fixture with a rating of 10 (having scored a hat-trick) but his morale is now only 92. I have others who hardly get a game who are 100.

If it isn't really a factor, why have it at all?

It's usually a way to tell at a glance how a squad has been performing, as it carries over the entire career of the player.

If every player on a club you just took over is at a 50 - 75 morale, the game world being 5 or so seasons old, then you can bet the farm they have been played tired, out of position, to injury and frequent defeat.

Win games, and morale ratings will slowly increase.

Just consider it a friendly way to take a peek at how fairly you play/pay/rotate your squad.

Oh, and the good Lord said to never have more than 100 players, 30 of which are senior squad members. The good Lord said it, so do it.