• carragher
    • any others

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Worlds Best Defender? John Terry is the best defender in the world although Jamie Carragher is not far behind him;)

Re: Worlds Best Defender?

There is no point arguing in this thread, it is all about opinion. Flaming someone because of their own opinion is just stupid on its own.

Although it's hard to call Carra better than Rio when Rio has always been ahead of him in the England spot. Again though, it is all opinion.

Stupidest comment ever m8 rio is not as good as carra or Terry

so why does rio start instead of carra for england? also rio captained his side to a double this year, while getting himself into the prem team of the year. and his and vidics partnership is praised widely by many as the best in the prem. rio is better than carra but i admit its tight between him and terry but my post was not stupid in the slightest. whats your argument for carra and terry being better?

so why does rio start instead of carra for england? also rio captained his side to a double this year' date=' while getting himself into the prem team of the year. and his and vidics partnership is praised widely by many as the best in the prem. rio is better than carra but i admit its tight between him and terry but my post was not stupid in the slightest. whats your argument for carra and terry being better?[/quote']

maybe coz carra retired from international football

Vidic is better than Rio.

In fact' date=' he makes Rio look good.

And JT is far better than Rio, you obviously support Man United and are being completely biased.[/quote']

Remind me what planet your from matey....?

i am a brighton supporter and i am not biased but vidic and ferdinand are by far the best cb pairing in the world and should be 96/97

Terry only stands out because he is a captain Same as rio without vidic and carvalho Chelsea & manchester united's defence looks very weak

just because he comments on something does not mean he is biased ....

Re: Worlds Best Defender

stupid poll to be fair!!! wheres Rio and Vidic??

The poll was made in august 2007, which is why some of the names on there seem a bit strange. Rio shouldn't be on there though. He's improved a lot this season, but he still looks a bit shaky when he hasn't got Vidic alongside him.

Nesta, Vidic and Ramos are probably my top 3. And for fullbacks, I'd go with Maicon, Lahm and erm... Ramos again.

Terry might have been in there, but he's had a poor season by his standards. Carvalho has consistently outperformed him in my opinion. I still think Puyol is overrated (I'm not saying he's awful, just not one of the best). He's just stood out playing for Barca for years, because he hasn't had a half decent partner until this season.

• 4 weeks later...

Ivan Cordoba' date=' he is a great CB, plus has the versatility to play RB and LB.[/quote']

Forgot about him. Agree 100%. Not he tallest, but he's still great in the air, and he has strength and pace by the bucketload too. The guy's an absolute bull. Reminds me of Ayala at his peak. Certainly doesn't get the recognition he deserves (probably because he's Colombian and doesn't play in the Prem).

I'm a bit unsure about Cannavaro at the moment. He's been very poor this season by his standards, and at his age it's a bit difficult to tell whether it's just a one-off, or if it's time he hung up his boots. Hope he isn't past it just yet though... there's a severe lack of defenders of that quality and class in the game at the moment.