Pavel NEDVED

tebthereb

Hey all, was wondering if you think signing Nedved for £1.25m is worth it or not. Still rated 93, but is this really likely to stay? He is still a regular for Juventus, who are artificially in Serie B and sure to bounce back, but rumour has it retirement could be on the cards for him.... any more info/recommendations? I dont really want to spend £1.25m on such an old guy if he is going to plummet in the ratings...

Hey all' date=' was wondering if you think signing Nedved for £1.25m is worth it or not. Still rated 93, but is this really likely to stay? He is still a regular for Juventus, who are artificially in Serie B and sure to bounce back, but rumour has it retirement could be on the cards for him.... any more info/recommendations? I dont really want to spend £1.25m on such an old guy if he is going to plummet in the ratings...[/quote']

I've seen him play 3 matches for Juve in the Serie B and he seems to be playing really well (although that's not that big considering he's in the second division) He has scored quite a few as well and I hope that he plays like this in Serie A. I'd give him a chance to shine once more in the top flight.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Re: Pavel NEDVED

I think the last match of Juventus' season vs Samprodia proved that Nedved has hardly lost any pace, and is still a very good and tricky player.

Saying that, I think but mainly hope that he will remain a regular. There are players like Pasquato and Palladino vying for his starting spot, with Nedved's age not being a plus point either.

• 8 months later...

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but:-

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has announced he will retire from football at the end of the season.

The 36-year-old, who quit playing for the Czech Republic in 2006, wants to finish his career by helping Juve to Champions League glory.

"Maybe you think I'm still young but I'm almost 37 - I will quit at the end of the season," he said.

"I'd love to finish with a Champions League win. We lost to Chelsea but can turn it around in the return leg."

Juventus lost the away leg of their last-16 tie at Stamford Bridge 1-0, with the return leg on 10 March.

he was the reason i supported juventus and czech republic.

we'll see who nedved's replacement at juventus will be.

another legend :(

I hope they don't buy someone else and that they give Giovinco a chance :)