English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Everton football club NEWS-CENTER The club is delighted to announce that some deals have been concluded in the past 5 days. In a press-releas

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Norwich City 1-2 Everton (J.Henderson 50' / E.Abidal 27', M.Fellaini 28') Two quick goals from Eric Abidal, on his debut for the Toffees

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Big changes at Norwich City recently, went for added squad depth rather than part exchanging most my players as my squad was already thin enough.

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

tonight's match report

competition-icon.jpg

. steered Manchester United to victory against Queens Park Rangers.

Manchester United outclassed Queens Park Rangers and thrashed them 6 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

özil was in fantastic goal-scoring form and bagged 5 goals, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Van Persie was also on the scoresheet for his side.

&

soccer-ball-icon.jpg

Record crowd watches Manchester United. 75,869 fans turned out to watch Manchester United against Queens Park Rangers breaking the previous home record attendance.

soccer-ball-icon.jpg

Manchester United have recorded their biggest ever home league win by beating Queens Park Rangers 6 - 0.

10-MAN READING OFF THE MARK AT LEAGUE LEADERS

ARSENAL 1 READING 2

Battling Reading pulled off a shock win at the Emirates in spite of playing the last hour with only ten men.

Ramos put the home side ahead after 2 minutes and I feared a real thumping might be on the cards against an Arsenal side that had scored six times in their opening two matches to sit atop the league.

However, portly Brazilian stopper Alex levelled 11 minutes later and one sensed there might be something in this for us.

All that good work was undone when midfielder Jucelei managed to pick up his second yellow card after 29 minutes.

Over an hour left and down to ten men (I hope SM lets me fine the dork a month's wages).

Arsenal pressed on, but the lads put in a battling performance to survive until half time.

We took the game to the hosts in the second half, but our attacking policy seemed to backfire when Negredo had the ball in the net with 68 minutes.

Misery turned to joy when the eagle-eyed linesman flagged for offside. A little something extra in his post-match brown envelope , for sure.

Our cup overfloweth just three minutes later when Reading's Czech midfielder Jiracek hit a screamer into the top right corner to silence the crowd of 60,000 investment bankers and oil tycoons.

The Gooners swarmed over us as they switched to 3-5-2 for the remainder of the game, but we just edged possession over the 90 minutes, were outshot but forced 10 corners to their 2 and got our reward for having a go against another top ranked team.

Sitting in 11th spot with 4 points - just another 36 required to ensure we get to stay in this division next season.

Liverpool up next at the Madjeski - Reading in dreamland for the time being

Deuce Lark earned a draw with Aston Villa against Liverpool.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Aston Villa and Liverpool in their Division 1 fixture.

Hernanes scored the only goal for Aston Villa and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Another good day for Hernanes, scoring a penalty at Anfield, but Reinartz scored a free kick for Liverpool. Still in 8th, Fulham is next.

brand.gif
The match ended 0 - 0 between Swansea City and Chelsea in their Division 1 fixture.

Travelled to Stamford Bridge so decided to tweak the tactics and take a slightly more defensive approach. Worked well as we shut them out and had chances to win it oursleves.

Happy with the point though and still unbeaten this season, still without a win as well but i'm looking at the positives :P

Norwich at home next time out so will definately be going all out for the win there.

Nuneaton Town get their first riser! :eek::D:)B) *HAPPY*

Ashley Westwood 72 ---> 83

The 100k signing is now worth a cool £6.7m.

Saw it coming miles away' date=' but Aston Villa's full of risers anyway.

Matthew Lowton 78 --> 84

Andreas Weimann (Loaned to Porstmouth) 80--> 85

Brad Guzan 85 --> 86

And finally,

Christian Benteke 85--> 88 :)

Benteke might even feature against Fulham.

Aston Villa (Deuce Lark) have swapped Samir CARRUTHERS for Stefano BELTRAME of Juventus.

Someone who did not rise was Samir Carruthers, and he goes to Juventus in exchange for another young talent.

EDIT: Also recalled Alan Hutton from Notts Forest, apologies for that- now my squad has a pathetic 22 players.

tonight's match report

competition-icon.jpg

. steered Manchester United to victory against AS Roma.

Manchester United outclassed AS Roma and beat them 3 - 0 in their SMFA Champions Cup Group A fixture.

Van Persie scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fàbregas was also on the scoresheet for his side.

made almost 3 and a half mill from tonights match aswell, love playing in europe with a big stadium:D

Villa Joins Villa :rolleyes::eek::D

When David Villa was announced to have joined Aston Villa, everyone thought that April Fools had come early. But it had not.

David VÍLLA has completed his move to Aston Villa (Deuce Lark) from Barcelona for 2,205,000 plus Alan HUTTON and Matthew LOWTON.

Swansea also had keen interest, but unfortunately for them Lowton's quick rise to prominence meant that Aston Villa were able to make a tastier offer, sending the young defender to Camp Nou.

Aston Villa's strikeforce of Burak Yilmaz and Rodrigo Palacio has not set Villa Park on fire, and one of the two will now make way for D. Villa- the Spaniard, that is.

EDIT: Continuing the joke circus, Rennes played Jean Makoun against us, captain no less, even though he is still Aston Villa's player. I'll probably be doing some 'shopping' at Brittany.

When David Villa was announced to have joined Aston Villa' date=' everyone thought that April Fools had come early. But it had not.

Swansea also had keen interest, but unfortunately for them Lowton's quick rise to prominence meant that Aston Villa were able to make a tastier offer, sending the young defender to Camp Nou.

Aston Villa's strikeforce of Burak Yilmaz and Rodrigo Palacio has not set Villa Park on fire, and one of the two will now make way for D. Villa- the Spaniard, that is.

EDIT: Continuing the joke circus, Rennes played Jean Makoun against us, captain no less, [b']even though he is still Aston Villa's player[/b]. I'll probably be doing some 'shopping' at Brittany.

i nearly went in for him myself, couldn't believe how cheap he was considering he was still a 94ov

but i need to concentrate on filling a few holes elsewhere first;), crackin signing mind

When David Villa was announced to have joined Aston Villa' date=' everyone thought that April Fools had come early. But it had not.

EDIT: Continuing the joke circus, Rennes played Jean Makoun against us, captain no less, [b']even though he is still Aston Villa's player[/b]. I'll probably be doing some 'shopping' at Brittany.

Gutted we lost out on him! Saw how much his value dropped and had to go in! Didn't see your bid until it was accepted though so by then it was too late :(

Anyway, hope he gets injured ;):P

SMH steered Chelsea to victory against West Bromwich Albion.

Chelsea beat West Bromwich Albion 4 - 3 in a penalty shootout after a 2 - 2 draw in their English Championship Cup Round 2 fixture.

Torres scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Wallace was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Rotated the squad out for the cup game with Neil, Guerrero missed 2 penalties in the 90 minutes but scored his in a lottery shoot out win.

Unlucky Neil.

Nottingham Forest beat Watford 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Ideye scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

De Jong and Amalfitano were also amongst the goalscorers.

Good away win and only our second win of the season.

Came at a high price though, with my top scorer Brown Ideye out for 9 days

with a sprained ankle. Dejan Stankovic already out injured for 8 days as well.

An already small squad is looking pretty thread bare now.

Think I need rich foreign owners urgently.