English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Everton football club NEWS-CENTER The club is delighted to announce that some deals have been concluded in the past 5 days. In a press-releas

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Norwich City 1-2 Everton (J.Henderson 50' / E.Abidal 27', M.Fellaini 28') Two quick goals from Eric Abidal, on his debut for the Toffees

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Big changes at Norwich City recently, went for added squad depth rather than part exchanging most my players as my squad was already thin enough.

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

Swansea City outclassed Manchester United and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Shawcross scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rodríguez was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Massive win for us, Shawcross with a debut to remember!

Half the season gone and we're sat in the top 4 now just 5 points off the top :)

Div2

Charlton 3 - 2 Millwall

The curse of the unmanaged opposition continues as The Lions slip to another defeat and just 2 points from the last 15.

The manager hopes the addition of a new striker in the next few days will reverse the current slump.

Leeds United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Peterborough United in their Division 2 fixture.

Byram was on the scoresheet for his side.

Rested most of my players for the the cup game on tomorrow.

Luis Miguel Veigas takes control of Manchester United.

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge.

Manchester United were founded in 1878 and play their home games at Old Trafford in Manchester. The club is also known as Scum.

Hope you get relegated :P

EC Cup QF

Blackpool 2 - 5 Millwall

The Lions' cup adventure continues after another spirited performance at Bloomfield Road earns a semi-final tie against The Toffees at Goodison.

New signing Teemu Pukki (23/86) joins from Schalke to boost the strike power up top.

34o29np.png

Big changes at Norwich City recently, went for added squad depth rather than part exchanging most my players as my squad was already thin enough.

Transfers out included some big names such as Sven Bender, Kevin Gamiero and Victor Ruiz. Sven Bender is the only one i can see myself regretting getting rid of him but the money was needed and i had a fair few players lined up who could play the same role.

So now for the recent transfers in;

Phil JAGIELKA has completed his move to Norwich City from Internazionale for £10,040,000

Being an Everton fan i know a fair bit about Jagielka and he is arguably our defensive rock, well deserved his rise to 90 and should be a consistent player for many years still.

Dimitar BERBATOV has completed his move to Norwich City from CSKA Moskva for £7,580,000

There was a few players i wanted for the ST position but when i spotted Berbatov and at only 7.5 million it was a no brainer even at the age of 32. He is a player who is unique in style and if anything shows this season is that he could even deserve a rise to 91 following his last -1 in the ratings.

Igor DENISOV has completed his move to Norwich City from Zenit for £8,430,000

Love the way he plays his role for Zenit and Russia. He is a consistent performer and a straight replacement for Sven Bender. Was also interested in Lucas Leiva but when i had competition for him i went straight for Denisov rather than try and compete in a transfer battle.

Vurnon ANITA has completed his move to Norwich City from Real Madrid for £4,500,000 plus Tom ADEYEMI . All other offers were turned down.

Really needed someone who could cover numerous defensive roles and Anita was the ideal candidate for the price i was willing to pay. Had competition from Birmingham but just about had the bigger offer but i guess not be alot.

Jordan HENDERSON has completed his move to Norwich City from Bayern München for £6,330,000

If i am being honest i sort of surprised myself with this signing. He has had alot of criticism for his performance over the last year or so but under Brendan Rodgers he seems to be finding his feet (although i don't think he was ever worth the 18 million Liverpool paid for him) Regular games this season and i can see him growing into a high rated midfielder in the next couple of seasons.

Ivan PERIŠIĆ has completed his move to Norwich City from VfL Wolfsburg for £5,730,000

Adds much needed squad depth, only know a bit about him from the Euros with Croatia so just a signing based on value by rating.

Clint DEMPSEY has completed his move to Norwich City from Juventus for £6,000,000

90 rated player to compete for my AM and ST position for only 6 million, thank you very much :D

Gabriel AGBONLAHOR has completed his move to Norwich City from Atlético Madrid for £1,153,000 plus Mark BUNN and Jed STEER

Another squad depth signing but also a risky one. Gabby seems to be improving this season now that he has more responsibility in the Aston Villa side, not sure if he will get an increase in the future but i can't see his rating drop any time soon unless Villa are relegated.

John HEITINGA has completed his move to Norwich City from Valencia for £5,440,000

Had an absolute shocker of a season for Everton but at 89 rated and only 5.5 million its perfect for adding some much needed cover to Jagielka and Boateng. Also covers DM and DR at a push.

Ashley Rodgerson steered Swansea City to victory against Stoke City.

Swansea City outclassed Stoke City and beat them 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Torres scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sissoko and Coutinho were also amongst the goalscorers.

Top 5 all won tonight so we stay in 4th. New signings sparkling again :P

Reading stay 5th in Division 1 with a 1-0 win at Norwich.

Pleased that we're recovering a from a rocky patch and keeping up with the big teams above us.

Royals play the league leaders Chelsea next - it's a match that could decide if we have an OK season or a great one.

They have all the 93s and 94s - we only have an 89 team, but a rugged squad who have turned in good performances in every position

Reading have to dip in to the transfer market to try and find a back-up striker.

Anyone who cares to lend me one would be most welcome.

Div2

Millwall 2 - 0 Burnley

The Lions finally stop the rot with their first league win in seven.

Teemu Pukki made his first half debut as lone striker but goals from central midfield settled the tie in the second period.

Next up - QPR(A) in the EC Shield QF on Tuesday.

Millwall FC

Transfer News

The manager is delighted with the acquisition of 5 new faces at the club.

Molina (25/86 - Club America), Diagne (23/86 - Freiburg) and Salamon (21/85 - AC Milan) come straight into the senior squad to beef up the central defence and defensive midfield areas.

The recent slump prompted major surgery to the spine of the team once finances allowed.

Meanwhile, the academy welcomes two young prospects from Germany.

It is hoped Blaswich (GK, 21/75 - Monchengladbach) and Chessa (M, 20/75 - Bayern Munich) will make the grade.

Absolutely shameless advertising here.

As you are all cracking forumers I thought this the best place to post this.

English Championship 28308 is now open and looking to become the next big thing. With the forum down yesterday we still managed to get 60 people to join, so sign up before you miss out :)

Hi Will,

Had a look but nothing really grabs me, tbh. Don't get me wrong, I like a scrap with a bunch of tryers but the bidding is already well under way and I've got quite a few low end teams already.

Woking, AFC Wimbledon, Colorado, Stoke... ;)

Good luck with it,

ruts