English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

Macclesfield 3-1 Dartford

Lost 3-1 to Macclesfield keeping us 7 points from the playoffs in Div 5.

I have been given the chance to manage Bolton.

Dunno what to do as this is a rather tempting offer. Bolton are on top of Division 2 and 8 points clear.

Something to be admired about managing a lower league side and bringing to the top' date=' however not sure how you could resisit Bolton pal.

Like you say, top of the league by 8pts and boasting a squad containing Modric, Mascherano, Valdes, Lavezzi etc.......i'd take them on. ;)[/font']

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Everton football club NEWS-CENTER The club is delighted to announce that some deals have been concluded in the past 5 days. In a press-releas

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Norwich City 1-2 Everton (J.Henderson 50' / E.Abidal 27', M.Fellaini 28') Two quick goals from Eric Abidal, on his debut for the Toffees

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Big changes at Norwich City recently, went for added squad depth rather than part exchanging most my players as my squad was already thin enough.

EC Cup SF

Everton 1 - 2 Millwall

The Lions produce their performance of the season at Goodison to book a place at Wembley in two weeks time where they'll meet Sheffield Wednesday in the final.

The manager is as shocked as he is proud of this remarkable achievement by his young charges.

Millwall FC

Transfer News

Millwall Football Club are delighted to announce the signing this morning of former Tottenham player, Tom Huddlestone.

Arriving fully fit from a brief spell at Inter, Tom makes his home debut tonight in the Division 2 encounter with Peterborough.

The manager has immediately installed him as captain at the heart of The Lions' combative midfield.

READING 4 FULHAM 1

A really good win for Reading (who stay 4th) - but gained at enormous cost.

Kherzakov out injured for 4 weeks - meaning Reading will be without both our starting strikers for the long term. We'll have to rely on Robson-Kanu (an 83) to lead the line.

Nacho Monreal also got seriously injured for the second time since arriving two months ago. He plays less often for us than Luis Suarez does for Liverpool

We hold on to a Champions League slot for now - but the squad has officially become "injury ravaged" and we'll do well to stay there.

DIV 2 - WEEKEND PREVIEW

Another full fixture list of intriguing battles await the teams of Div 2

Middlesbro (6th) will be looking to build on their success at Elland Road by seeing off lowly Hereford at home. Hereford have been getting "lowlier" by the week since a good mid-season spell and now sit 18th. They will be looking to break a winless run of 5 matches - but Boro are the division's third highest scorers and should have too much firepower for the visitors.

5th play 7th when Fulham host Burnley. Both sides come into the match in good form and it's tough to pick a winner. A draw would probably be acceptable to both sides and looks to be the most likely outcome.

Norwich (4th) are on an excellent run and should see off Gillingham (12th) at home. That said' date=' Gillingham are just 6 points off the playoffs themselves, so will have plenty of motivation to take the game to Norwich.

Form side [b']Southampton[/b] (6 straight wins) sit just below the Gills and have the same points. They visit struggling Hull (21st) who would certainly have preferred an easier match as they try and snap a three match losing streak. Hull may well have one eye on their Cup Semi Final against Exeter, a draw which gives them an excellent chance of reaching the final.

With such distractions, Saints seem likely to prevail and possibly push Hull down into the relegation places.

Those 3 places are currently occupied by Birmingham, Stoke and Leicester.

The bottom two,Stoke and Leicester, look doomed and have only 1 win between them in the last 6 rounds of games. Both teams play away this Saturday, which should cement their relegation prospects.

Expect MK Dons to give Stoke a gubbing and Leicester may well suffer a similar fate at Huddersfield.

Birmingham (22nd) and their new manager won't relish hosting West Ham (2nd). The Hammers will be hot favourites to bounce back from their shock home defeat to Bolton. Birmingham might spring an upset though, as West Ham's squad has been heavily changed since the start of the season, with manager Hyina replacing some of his higher rated earners with a deeper, but lower rated, squad .

Bolton (16th) sit 5 points better off than visitors Bristol City (20th). A win for the Robins would see them put breathing space between them and the bottom three, whilst a Bolton victory could propel them to the top half of the table.

Wigan (19th) host leaders Leeds in what could be a stern test for the Yorkshire club. We always seem to meet teams just as they string a run together and Wigan are unbeaten in 4. Falcao is suspended, meaning a recall for Papiss Cissé to the starting line up. Leeds are also involved in a Cup semi final on Monday and will be hoping to enter that match with a good result and no injuries.

Newcastle's Shield heroics against Shorpe should give them a good boost against Wrexham as 10th face 11th.

Think youve put this in the wrong thread mate

The 6th manager already I believe? :P

Hope you stick them out as it's a great squad.

Good Luck!

I am the 6th manager... will be the last manager of Newcastle United

I am unhappy and disspointed after losing to Aston villa. Now Newcastle deeply in regation zone.

1st game of Newcastle in-charge

0 Win

1 Lose

0 Draw

Newcastle manager yell at team and angry the way they play against Aston Villa who escape regation. Newcastle manager vow this season will avoid regation. Newcastle chairman confident they will escape regation.

Ben arfa vow will stay Newcastle and save Newcastle from regation zone.

Newcastle manager issue a warning to defenders after poor display and yell at Krul (GK) for poor game against Aston Villa. Newcastle manager went berserk as chairman had warn the manager for rash again the players.

Players of Newcastle now chao after defeat against Aston Villa and vow will improve on coming matches against Reading (Home). Newcastle manager aim for a big win at least 3 goals different. If lose or draw, Newcastle manager will offer a warning to all players and cut thier salary and advice them they are not good enough to stay in Div 1. Newcastle manager vow will avoid regation.

Will Newcastle avoid regation? By Singapore fan voting:

YES 80%

NO 20%

I have now took over Forest Green [as I had a look at Barrow my hometown team but they were taken and there top] but anyway we find ourselves in a position of 10th and 15 points of a play-off so things look grim for promotion but I hope we can get back in contention as my 1st match is tonight against Braintree Town