English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread

MANCHESTER UNITED - LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

United finished the season on a high tonight after beating on form Swansea 2 - 0. Goals coming from Mathieu and Toivonen made sure Swansea didn't spoil their special day.

article_1edefb4543e7fae9_1368380381_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Players celebrating the title

This is a great achievement for the lads, considering we haven't really been at our best all season long. To win the tittle after 9 defeats shows that this league is very tough, but we finished in style winning the last 5 games. We are just glad to have gone over the finish line at the front of the pack. Have to thank this great bunch of players I have at my disposal, they have been amazing and have given 100% week in, week out. Also like to thank all the staff and specially the fans for your enormous support.

Today was also Paul Scholes last professional game after his decision to retire. We are not only celebrating the tittle today but also his quality and achievements here at United.

Paul-Scholes-006.jpg

United's legend Paul Scholes

He was a fantastic footballer, absolutely world class. Will be greatly missed by the players, staff and fans at Old Trafford. He knows what's best for him and if he thinks its his time, then we have to respect him. This will also give United's younger players a chance now to step up and show what they can do.

----------------------------------------------

Final League Standings

1 UNITED ©..........77 points

2 Liverpool.........71

3 Chelsea..........70

4 Spurs .............69

Last game of the season Results

MANCHESTER UNITED 2 - 0 Swansea City

Mathieu and Toivonen the scorers

Liverpool 0 - 0 Fulham

Goaless draw, had they lost they could have lost the second spot to Chelsea

Chelsea 3 - 1 Aston Villa

Mata and Hazard with a double for Chelsea, Balzaretti scores for Villa

Norwich City 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

Jovetic scores from the spot.

-------------------------------------------

Div 1 - Golden Boot

Van Persie - 18 Goals

robin_van_persie_golden_boot.jpg

Proud man with his award

Also, after a fantastic season with Manchester United, Robin VAN PERSIE is awarded the SMFA Player of the season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Everton football club NEWS-CENTER The club is delighted to announce that some deals have been concluded in the past 5 days. In a press-releas

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Norwich City 1-2 Everton (J.Henderson 50' / E.Abidal 27', M.Fellaini 28') Two quick goals from Eric Abidal, on his debut for the Toffees

Re: English Championship 27777 - Discussion Thread Big changes at Norwich City recently, went for added squad depth rather than part exchanging most my players as my squad was already thin enough.

Looking to make a few changes to the squad.

So I'm willing to 'listen' to offers for any player 'except' real Man Utd players. Send me a msg in game or catch me in chat.

Make your offers sensible or I will just ignore you. Cheers

What with TB's and players made unavailable' date=' you mean just Lahm, Casillas and Thiago Silva?

;)

Well done on winning the title matey :)

For news at the cottage...

0-0 draw with Liverpool tonight gives us a 9th place finish. Respectable, but will be looking to build on that considerably next season.

I will listen to offers for [b']Suarez[/b], but they best be decent offers and offer a 90+ ST in PE, else he won't be leaving!

What with TB's and players made unavailable' date=' you mean just Lahm, Casillas and Thiago Silva?
;)

Well done on winning the title matey :)

[/center']

Cheers mate.

I dont just mean them 3, I mean all non real life United players. I have made some unavailable because some newbies wont take the hint n keep bidding, so that's why I said come n chat on game or send me a msg :P

Obviously the offers have got to be very good ones, as you will be bidding on champions B) lol

I took over Sheffield Wednesday to late into the season to save them from the drop, but the squad is to good to be in Div 3 and will bounce back, bigger and stronger.

But in a twist they might not be relegated as SM doesn't know where they have finished. I've often been told Sheffield is a vortex into another dimension, maybe it's true after all

div2.jpg

I took over Sheffield Wednesday to late into the season to save them from the drop' date=' but the squad is to good to be in Div 3 and will bounce back, bigger and stronger.

But in a twist they might not be relegated as SM doesn't know where they have finished. I've often been told Sheffield is a vortex into another dimension, maybe it's true after all

[img']http://s9.postimg.org/osrxab05r/div2.jpg[/img]

Best of luck, your noisy neighbours here ;)

A good way to end only 3pts behind Bolton and one point off the 100pt barrier. But we now need to build in what i expect to be a really challenging season.

Sorry to ask again but desperate for any 86+ loans as we really will struggle otherwise. If anyone has anyone anywhere please. On that note thanks to Chelsea for the loans of Gordon and Van Aanholt this season.

As well as that our star man Sebastien Giovinco was the divisions top scorer with 25 goals

Stoke City Survive!!!

A 2-2 draw at home to reading secured survival. A loss would have sent us down as our Goal Difference is poor but a tough season finally bought to an end. Will hope to stay well clear from relegation next season!

Relieved!!!

Leeds United

We needed a win and what a win we got' date=' beating Blackpool 8-0 and with Blackburn slipping to a 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough, we clinch the last play-off place.

[u']Divison 2[/u]

Semi Final Fixtures

Ipswich v Leeds

Forest v Middlesbrough

good luck hannah

Leeds United

We needed a win and what a win we got' date=' beating Blackpool 8-0 and with Blackburn slipping to a 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough, we clinch the last play-off place.

[u']Divison 2[/u]

Semi Final Fixtures

Ipswich v Leeds

Forest v Middlesbrough

good luck would be great to finally see a leeds side back in the top division;)

Leeds United

Leeds United beat Ipswich Town 2 - 1 in their Play-Off fixture.Sertic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Vertonghen was also on the scoresheet for his side.

It's off to Wembley we go.

Other Semi Final

Forest 1-2 Middlesbrough

The real team of Sheffield is promoted to Div 2 after finishing runners-up in Div 3.

Sat 22th Jun Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield Utd

Doesn't matter who has got promoted to Div 2 or been temporary relegated to Div 3. Whoever wins this game has bragging rights in Sheffield :P

yosjq.png

Everton football club

is delighted to announce their first buying for the new season, Roberto SOLDADO for 2.8 + Roman NEUDSTADER and Nikica JELAVIC.

soldado-20-2-2013.jpg_1494554400.jpg

"He was priority for us, and we finally got him, I am delighted"- said Tobias Armiri, the Everton manager, in Soldado's presentation press conference.

Should be over 2 legs... ;)

One game should be enough for me to to unleash the punishment but if you insist ;)

Guess it's only fair to have it over two legs, home and away. You might have to wait till the start of next season to arrange your home match. When we have a free window in the fixtures

One game should be enough for me to to unleash the punishment but if you insist ;)

Guess it's only fair to have it over two legs' date=' home and away. You might have to wait till the start of next season to arrange your home match. When we have a free window in the fixtures[/quote']

Prepare to be destroyed....

Checks log...

Hajduk Split have managed to sign Arijan ADEMI from Sheffield United (Hyina (Forum)) on a deal believed to be around £6,645,600.
Las Palmas have managed to sign Luís PIZZI from Sheffield United (Hyina (Forum)) on a deal believed to be around £8,281,200.

Oops... :P

Reading sign top prospects

Having entered the close season looking to get another 90 or maybe a pair of 89s - I had a rude awakening when it turned out my players aren't worth anything in part exchange when I try and bid for anyone who is already established.

Looks like any real hopes of improving our league position next season are premature.

So, as usual, we had to look around at another way forward - and led us to successfully bid for Emre CAN and Carl JENKINSON - two players with huge futures IRL.

Jenkinson should get more first team chances ahead of the fading Sagna at Arsenal (and therefore get a decent rise) by mid-next-season. I was surprised my bid wasn't contested.

Emre Can featured towards the end of last season in a couple of Bayern Munich matches and looked tremendous. If he can force his way into the first team squad at Bayern he must be another start in the making, imo.

A long way from having a title challenging team at the moment - but some great talent now in the youth team.

Sven BENDER has completed his move to Swansea City (Pinkman (Forum)) from Borussia Mönchengladbach for £2,385,000 plus Moussa SISSOKO and Ángel RANGEL.

Happy to get Sven :D Gave a lot to get him but I prefer him to Sissoko and Rangel was only a back-up player. He'll slot in next to Thiago.

First signing off the off season and hopefully he'll be followed by a few more.