Sign in to follow this  
RedWitch

Managers don't respond to bids

It is frustrating when I make an offer for a player and I don't get a reply either because the manager doesn't log in, or does but just doesn't bother to answer.

How about a default system, so that if the offer meets the chairman's minimum requirements, that if an offer is made and the manager does not respond, a reminder of the offer is sent after say 4 days, then after 7 days the player is transferred in his absence?

Re: Managers don't respond to bids

If the manager saw your bid and ignores it, it's probably either because either

a. The manager doesn't want to sell the player for any price

b. The manager is unimpressed with your offer and doesn't think it's even close to what he is looking for

Most people just can't be bothered to reject an offer that they're not interested in in the first place

I'd suggest making a significantly improved bid and see what the other manager says. Or just not make the bid at all

Do you really care? Does their mental well-being actually matter at all to you?

No. So let them think in peace' date=' out loud, if they have to.[/quote']

i have no idea what you meant by that

Wow, there are some arrogant people here... I thought the idea of a forum was to exchange and discuss ideas? If I have come up with something dull then that's fair enough but there is no need to be rude about it.

We are all busy, but we find time to do this. My suggestion is that if some are too busy then maybe there could be an over ride so that things are kept moving.

Yes I have ideas, maybe it is because I am new here and see things differently from some who have been here for a long time.

Wow' date=' there are some arrogant people here... I thought the idea of a forum was to exchange and discuss ideas? If I have come up with something dull then that's fair enough but there is no need to be rude about it.

We are all busy, but we find time to do this. My suggestion is that if some are too busy then maybe there could be an over ride so that things are kept moving.

Yes I have ideas, maybe it is because I am new here and see things differently from some who have been here for a long time.[/quote']

dnt worry mate we all are mad here . . . And dnt worry i am not all rude :P . . . I was just (edit) off that day so forgot my smileys :D

If the manager saw your bid and ignores it' date=' it's probably either because either

b. The manager is unimpressed with your offer and doesn't think it's even close to what he is looking for

Most people just can't be bothered to reject an offer that they're not interested in in the first place

I'd suggest making a significantly improved bid and see what the other manager says. Or just not make the bid at all[/quote']

Yeah mate but if a person does not like an offer he can reject transfers by terming it insulting and if he does not want to sell a player he can make the player unavailable or reject the offer terming player not for sale.

Do you want to know what happens after I reject cash offers or ridiculous offers?

First offer - £35m for my Fabregas - Rejected

Second offer - £40m - Rejected

Third offer - £50m - Rejected

Fourth offer - didnt respond

Managers dont seem to get the message that I dont want to sell the player or I dont want to sell him for just cash, very annoying and the only way to stop it is to put unavailable but I always want to give managers the chance to send in offers but it just gets ridiculous when they dont take in what I have put down when I reject. Last time I did have to make a player unavailable for this reason but then the club bidded on another player, guess what, cash offer...

Rant over.

Ok q123=ABC, that is the other side of the coin, where managers are making repeated requests for the same player and it is very understandable that you would eventually not respond - but you did respond 3 times previously.

It is those who do not reply at all that tick me off.

Ok q123=ABC' date=' that is the other side of the coin, where managers are making repeated requests for the same player and it is very understandable that you would eventually not respond - but you [i']did[/i] respond 3 times previously.

It is those who do not reply at all that tick me off.

Well I know that lately I just havent been bothering with cash offers incase they just go and offer more cash instead of players.

I think it would be a good idea to just bring up a list of all the transfers received for your club as soon as you log in so you can decide to reject them straight away instead of ignoring but also if a manager rejects a cash offer and wants players, then the other manager should only be able to offer with players next time or players of a particular rating, they need to improve the transfer offer feature.

I think it would be a good idea to just bring up a list of all the transfers received for your club as soon as you log in so you can decide to reject them straight away instead of ignoring but also if a manager rejects a cash offer and wants players' date=' then the other manager should only be able to offer with players next time or players of a particular rating, they need to improve the transfer offer feature.[/quote']

This is a brilliant idea. Once you log on to your club, you get a window with the latest offers you received. You have options to reject all, accept all, or handle them individually. When rejecting you choose a reason and that reason becomes like a condition added to the players profile for other managers to see. If you don't want cash, then it will be added to the player's profile and be enforced so that if some manager too lazy to check the profile tries a cash transfer, the red topbar appears stating he can't use cash (or whatever the condition set is).

This will have a positive effect of the market place and at the same time will not include any forced transfers like the original post suggested.

It is frustrating when I make an offer for a player and I don't get a reply either because the manager doesn't log in' date=' or does but just doesn't bother to answer.

How about a default system, so that if the offer meets the chairman's minimum requirements, that if an offer is made and the manager does not respond, a reminder of the offer is sent after say 4 days, then after 7 days the player is transferred in his absence?[/quote']

Yeah that has annoyed me a lot, I was made to wait over 3 months after bidding for the manager who was quite active to respond. Something needs to be changed.

If the manager saw your bid and ignores it' date=' it's probably either because either

I'd suggest making a significantly improved bid and see what the other manager says. Or just not make the bid at all[/quote']

Well in my case I made a good deal which was over what he asked and he ignored it for 3 months.

Reading the posts on this subject ,if you tweek some that others think ridicolous to me they are not .

Do not know if it is poss to program in but if it is would like it this way with the ideas already posted on this thread .

Just like when going on to my e-mails with Windows etc they list everyone when i log in and its a simple one tick and send if not interested .

This then should generate to all the rejected managers transfer rejected .

If the odd one takes your fancy then take the tick of this one ,also by doing this if poss it should send a message to the other managers .

Saying transfer under consideration ( to me though at least 14dys min ) .

Then as suggested if not decided and answered in this time the transfers is actioned .

In this way you can not complain if not answering bids and lose your player because it takes seconds .:)

but what happens if you reject and bam next minute another bid and it goes and forever and ever. i don't really think its needs changing , it also prevents been pestered which is a good thing too.

i think the only change needed if any would be to reduce the time of auto rejection to 3 days.

I think that auto rejection defeats the object. Anyone who doesn't want offers only has to make their players unavailable. If they are not unavailable then they are open to offers, and so the manager should either deal with any received or after a period of time (perhaps longer than I first suggested) their chairman takes the decision for them and sells the player if the valuation and any other considerations are met.

This is a brilliant idea. Once you log on to your club' date=' you get a window with the latest offers you received. You have options to reject all, accept all, or handle them individually. When rejecting you choose a reason and that reason becomes like a condition added to the players profile for other managers to see. If you don't want cash, then it will be added to the player's profile and be enforced so that if some manager too lazy to check the profile tries a cash transfer, the red topbar appears stating he can't use cash (or whatever the condition set is).

This will have a positive effect of the market place and at the same time will not include any forced transfers like the original post suggested.[/quote']

Agreed.

Plus if you do log in and ignore a bid, the chairman should accept it. Even if its a low offer for Messi

That would soon teach ignorant managers a lesson :D

I don't understand why there should be resistance to "forced transfers". In real life if a bid is made for a player the chairman can accept it if he feels it is in the club's best interests even if the manager disagrees.

In this game, a manager can make a player unavailable. It doesn't take long to do this for an entire average size first team squad.

Why should there be a need for extra ways to make it even easier for a manager?

If they can't be bothered to do that or to respond to offers, I think it should be left to the chairman.