Sign in to follow this  
RedWitch

Managers don't respond to bids

Re: Managers don't respond to bids

One thing I cant stand about this game is ignorance of bids and private messages, the latter I really cant bare.

As for bids, I reply to all of them but I have a lot of clubs so there are usually a few I do miss. Only reason I ever ignore bids is if they are ridiculous, such as cash offers for Messi Ronaldo etc. I dont think theres a way to stop ignorance within reason, rather than get their parents to teach them some manners and to stop being so damn ignorant :)

This is an age old problem that frustrates even the calmest of us all!

Unfortunately there is no way of changing this really. I think some form of system where they have to respond to messages on their news feed before they can change tactics etc may work?

One thing I cant stand about this game is ignorance of bids and private messages' date=' the latter I really cant bare.

As for bids, I reply to all of them but I have a lot of clubs so there are usually a few I do miss. Only reason I ever ignore bids is if they are ridiculous, such as cash offers for Messi Ronaldo etc. I dont think theres a way to stop ignorance within reason, rather than get their parents to teach them some manners and to stop being so damn ignorant :)[/quote']

I find it just as irritating to keep rejecting bids for my players, on Monday I turned down a bid of 26m for Lewendowski from a club, Wednesday the same club bid 24m and yesterday they bid 25m. Each time I rejected saying I didn't want to sell. In future I shall be ignoring these bids and will probably incur the wrath of the majority on this thread but it serves said manager right.

I find it just as irritating to keep rejecting bids for my players' date=' on Monday I turned down a bid of 26m for Lewendowski from a club, Wednesday the same club bid 24m and yesterday they bid 25m. Each time I rejected saying I didn't want to sell. In future I shall be ignoring these bids and will probably incur the wrath of the majority on this thread but it serves said manager right.[/quote']

Why not make the player unavailable then? Set a minimum amount? That's what the features are there for.

The game is a community based management game - The game hangs on messages, dealings and transfers with other players.

Why not make the player unavailable then? Set a minimum amount? That's what the features are there for.

The game is a community based management game - The game hangs on messages' date=' dealings and transfers with other players.[/quote']

You're quite right I could do that but why would you continue to bid for someone when the selling club has already pointed out they don't want to sell. Least of for less than you initially bid 2 days ago? Makes no sense.

You're quite right I could do that but why would you continue to bid for someone when the selling club has already pointed out they don't want to sell. Least of for less than you initially bid 2 days ago? Makes no sense.

Oh absolutely, you always get managers doing daft things.

If you've told a manager you don't want to sell i'd expect that manager to stop bidding. They're as much to blame for this type of scenario as managers not responding at all.

People goes to work' date=' has a life, 7 days out of home without connection. It's a game, man.[/quote']
yes some people work! I work for 14 days solid and sometimes struggle to get anytime to get on SM at night' date=' but on my 21 days off I have lots of time to reject silly bids! which i get many:rolleyes:[/quote']

Completely true lads. I work myself Monday-Friday.

I think the general gripe is with the serial offending managers who just consistently don't respond to bids, yet you see them actively online, changing tactics, bidding for players etc.

:( lost post..

years on this topic, get on with it, stupit argument considering everything..

make a bid good enough and if bid still not good enough then consider the player not for sale, maybe the other manager dont like you, maybe he dont like the team you manage, (as there's a small max that can be paid) maybe he loves that player in real life, maybe he thinks this player will get a super rating in future & he considers current bids ridiculos, many many other things could be counted for, maybe he is genuinely a muppet, get on with it

if after PM no deal/or response then deal with it.

the player is not yours to cry over.

I think the general gripe is with the serial offending managers who just consistently don't respond to bids' date=' yet you see them actively online, changing tactics, bidding for players etc.[/quote']

Yes, that's the point exactly.

years on this topic' date=' get on with it, stupit argument considering everything..[/quote']

We haven't all been around for years so it isn't an old topic for everyone.

make a bid good enough and if bid still not good enough then consider the player not for sale' date=' maybe the other manager dont like you, maybe he dont like the team you manage, (as there's a small max that can be paid) maybe he loves that player in real life, maybe he thinks this player will get a super rating in future & he considers current bids ridiculos, many many other things could be counted for, maybe he is genuinely a muppet, get on with it[/quote']

I'm not talking about all the possible reasons why managers may not want to sell, but about them responding to bids

if after PM no deal/or response then deal with it.

the player is not yours to cry over.

We are dealing with it, but this is a suggestions & improvements forum?

We haven't all been around for years so it isn't an old topic for everyone.

I'm not talking about all the possible reasons why managers may not want to sell' date=' but about them responding to bids

We are dealing with it, but this is a suggestions & improvements forum?[/quote']

it's an old topic were suggestions for SM is concerned

managers don't have to respond to bids if they don't want, you would agree that managers actually see this bids being made? if they don't accept then make a better offer (best you can) or PM for negociation, if no reply then move on

forcing managers to repond to bids is not a good suggestion, if bids are not accepted then they must be rejected & then it allows for another bid being made, and another 1, and another 1 etc etc

I think that auto rejection defeats the object. Anyone who doesn't want offers only has to make their players unavailable. If they are not unavailable then they are open to offers' date=' and so the manager should either deal with any received or after a period of time (perhaps longer than I first suggested) their chairman takes the decision for them and sells the player if the valuation and any other considerations are met.[/quote']

Biggest load of rubbish ever,i dont like making my players unavailable.

If i go on holiday i should come back to my best players being sold behind my back:eek:

Awful idea,if people dont want to be ignored,stop making terrible offers,i am sick of managers offering minimum cash and 2 rubbish players for my best players.

Awful idea,if people dont want to be ignored,stop making terrible offers,i am sick of managers offering minimum cash and 2 rubbish players for my best players.

Agree 100% and usually if to you try to negotiate fairly you get "I am insulted by this offer" by way of a reply.

Agree with Shelbourne also, it really is a stupid argument!

mangers who don't respond shouldn't play the game.

its not hard to make a player unavailable.

i like to see the player who is wanted ,to not perform in the match engine or dock manger rating points if he as seen the transfer and doesn't reply within 1 week.

its uncalled for not responding,if the bid is **** there a button the let the wanting manager know it a **** bid.no excuse no ifs or buts.

mangers who don't respond shouldn't play the game.

its not hard to make a player unavailable.

i like to see the player who is wanted ' date='to not perform in the match engine or dock manger rating points if he as seen the transfer and doesn't reply within 1 week.

its uncalled for not responding,if the bid is **** there a button the let the wanting manager know it a **** bid.no excuse no ifs or buts.[/quote']

If your offer is terrible,its not worthy of a response in my opinion,try thinking would you accept the offer you are making,if not dont make the offer.

What you are after is never going to happen,so this thread is a bit pointless.

so true,(the post underneath) its almost as stupid as me saying managers who make stupid bids should get kicked off.

if a manager makes a stupid bid, and they always do, i punish them by not replying, if i make a bid and the manager doesn't respond and i know they have logged on since, i just retract my bid.

you might have nothing better to do than make silly bids

i have no time to waste rejecting these silly bids time after time,

I find it just as irritating to keep rejecting bids for my players' date=' on Monday I turned down a bid of 26m for Lewendowski from a club, Wednesday the same club bid 24m and yesterday they bid 25m. Each time I rejected saying I didn't want to sell. In future I shall be ignoring these bids and will probably incur the wrath of the majority on this thread but it serves said manager right.[/quote']

Aye I get that, when people bid cash for my players to be honest I do just generally ignore them if its very low, if its a high cash bid I'll reject it but some offers are just embarassing.

it's an old topic were suggestions for SM is concerned

managers don't have to respond to bids if they don't want' date=' you would agree that managers actually see this bids being made? if they don't accept then make a better offer (best you can) or PM for negociation, if no reply then move on

forcing managers to repond to bids is not a good suggestion, if bids are not accepted then they must be rejected & then it allows for another bid being made, and another 1, and another 1 etc etc[/quote']

It's just deceny to reply, fair enough if they miss the bids and you send them a PM and they respond apologising but anything other than that I think is just pathetic. Someone replied to me saying that he has a kid to look after and he ignores everyone, fair enough he has a kid, obviously that is priority, but its just pig ignorant to not take 2 minutes of time when your on the game to reply to some queries that people have sent.

if you dont want to sell a player' date=' make him unavailable to transfer...[/quote']

there are two types of managers on sm,

managers who make decent bids,

managers who make stupid bids.

the managers who make stupid bids get ignored,

now your saying if we don't want to sell a player make it unavailable,

well sunshine i have news for you, we do want to sell the player just not for the pathetic offer your making.

why should we make a player unavailable just so you cant make your stupid bids? when in reality you should just make a sensible bid .

there are two types of managers on sm' date='

managers who make decent bids,

managers who make stupid bids.

the managers who make stupid bids get ignored,

now your saying if we don't want to sell a player make it unavailable,

well sunshine i have news for you, we do want to sell the player just not for the pathetic offer your making.

why should we make a player unavailable just so you cant make your stupid bids? when in reality you should just make a sensible bid .[/quote']

depends what u mean re "stupid bids"

ignoring bids is uncalled for

if a "stupid" bid is put in you can simply click the "negotiate" button to put ur price on it.

thats what doing "deals" is about - ie coming to an agreement on the price.

lets say club "x" wants a player - he puts bid in "lower" than what he expects to pay, as a "starting block"

seller say club "y" want top price for the player so they will be looking to start at a "higher" price so when both "negotiate" they both get closer to their respective value

THIS IS CALLED NEGOTIATING

Simple and easy to do, so lets take "stupid bids" as a "starting block" - click accept / decline or NEGOTIATE button and TALK to each other then accept or decline pending on the outcome

basic stuff