Sign in to follow this  
RedWitch

Managers don't respond to bids

Re: Managers don't respond to bids

everything is a bid, a "proposal". It can sit for a while, be accepted, or be countered, that is why it's a bid. The manager who receives a bid, can do whatever he/she wants with it, as well as with their players.

In this thread, "stupid" appears to mean to some people anything they don't like or disagree with.

If anyone thinks that the topic I raised for discussion is pointless, the obvious answer is not to participate, it isn't compulsory, they can spend their valuable time doing something else.

I agree with @craig that an opening bid can be a starting point in a negotiation. Anyone who has bought or sold a house or a car will be familiar with how the concept works.

I don't understand the arguments against making players unavailable, because I don't see any good reasons given for not doing it.

Only being able to bid for players on the transfer list would be a shift away from reality.

everything is a bid' date=' a "proposal". It can sit for a while, be accepted, or be countered, that is why it's a bid. The manager who receives a bid, can do whatever he/she wants with it, as well as with their players.[/quote']

you're missing the point altogether

we know managers can do what they want re deals, thats not the issue

you're missing the point altogether

Did not miss the point. The title says' date=' managers don't respond to bids, was only clarifying and justifying why managers will not respond to bids.

I understand that a manager should put a player unavailable, if they don't want to sell them. I also understand that a manager should respond to the bids, and not just leave them sitting there. But, again, I repeat, they are bids. Just a bid. If a manager wants to have a bid sit there because he/she is unsure if they want to accept it, then that should be fine with everyone in the deal.

I also understand that when a player is transfer listed and it seems that it takes forever for a manager to respond to a bid, and most of the time they don't. Again, that is the manager's right to. That is why after a while, it is automatically rejected. If, you're saying, and the creator of this thread, is saying, that SM should have some way where a bid that is acceptable needs to be accepted or rejected, right when the manager sees that, I feel that is pretty unfair for the manager. Again, I bring up the unsure factor and their right to do whatever they want with their player. Also, player concerns will make the team have to sell them if the player is unhappy over a period of time.

Paitience is a big key. Also, finding other players and risers will help. Most managers will only accept P/E for their players, which I hate actually. That is very unrealistic, but it is the SM game, so, that is what I have to do.

It is frustrating when I make an offer for a player and I don't get a reply either because the manager doesn't log in, or does but just doesn't bother to answer.

How about a default system, so that if the offer meets the chairman's minimum requirements, that if an offer is made and the manager does not respond, a reminder of the offer is sent after say 4 days, then after 7 days the player is transferred in his absence?

This is the beginning thread. Which, if I haven't made myself clear on the "default system" already, I'll say, that would be very unfair for most managers, and again, it is their players, their money, and they are just bids. A "system" should not run any team. Some, don't even get on for a couple weeks. SM minimum days for logging in for their managers in most SM leagues, not custom, is 30 days. Plus, a 7 day period for the club to find a manager. After that, maybe the player you want will be available.

Again, patience.

Did not miss the point. The title says' date=' managers don't respond to bids, was only clarifying and justifying why managers will not respond to bids.

I understand that a manager should put a player unavailable, if they don't want to sell them. I also understand that a manager should respond to the bids, and not just leave them sitting there. But, again, I repeat, they are bids. Just a bid. If a manager wants to have a bid sit there because he/she is unsure if they want to accept it, then that should be fine with everyone in the deal.

I also understand that when a player is transfer listed and it seems that it takes forever for a manager to respond to a bid, and most of the time they don't. Again, that is the manager's right to. That is why after a while, it is automatically rejected. If, you're saying, and the creator of this thread, is saying, that SM should have some way where a bid that is acceptable needs to be accepted or rejected, right when the manager sees that, I feel that is pretty unfair for the manager. Again, I bring up the unsure factor and their right to do whatever they want with their player. Also, player concerns will make the team have to sell them if the player is unhappy over a period of time.

Paitience is a big key. Also, finding other players and risers will help. Most managers will only accept P/E for their players, which I hate actually. That is very unrealistic, but it is the SM game, so, that is what I have to do.

This is the beginning thread. Which, if I haven't made myself clear on the "default system" already, I'll say, that would be very unfair for most managers, and again, it is their players, their money, and they are just bids. A "system" should not run any team. Some, don't even get on for a couple weeks. SM minimum days for logging in for their managers in most SM leagues, not custom, is 30 days. Plus, a 7 day period for the club to find a manager. After that, maybe the player you want will be available.

Again, patience.[/quote']

I am not talking about "patience" and i am not saying managers need to respond

I refer to when managers complain that a "stupid" bid has been offered - ie too low in value

A "low" bid is not stupid, its a manager starting the bidding process which just needs tweaked, ie negotiated to suit both parties which cant be done if he ignores the offer.

surely he must be interested to see what the bidder will go up to for the player, he may get over the askiing price, again, he will never know unless he talks, ie negotiates, its part of doing deals.

after negotiating, he can then reject the offer or accept the offer but at least they negotiated and tried to find a price to suit both.

That is what buying and selling is all about, part of the fun when doing deals

anyway, nuff said, its annoying for managers who dont get a reply and annoying for those who get offended by low bids

so, negotiating would be the solution for both, u would think

I am not talking about "patience" and i am not saying managers need to respond

I refer to when managers complain that a "stupid" bid has been offered - ie too low in value

A "low" bid is not stupid' date=' its a manager starting the bidding process which just needs tweaked, ie negotiated to suit both parties which cant be done if he ignores the offer.

surely he must be interested to see what the bidder will go up to for the player, he may get over the askiing price, again, he will never know unless he talks, ie negotiates, its part of doing deals.

after negotiating, he can then reject the offer or accept the offer but at least they negotiated and tried to find a price to suit both.

That is what buying and selling is all about, part of the fun when doing deals

anyway, nuff said, its annoying for managers who dont get a reply and annoying for those who get offended by low bids

so, negotiating would be the solution for both, u would think[/quote']

I agree, negotiating is the key and solution for this. But, that is if the manager that receives the bid, wants to negotiate. He/she has the right to do whatever with it, whether they think it is "stupid" or not. Sometimes the first bid, should result in a second bid, maybe a third, not a counter or a response by the manager who recieves the bid. For example, if I put in a bid, yet the manager doesn't respond to it, and I see that he/she has been on and has probably seen it, then I should pull back that bid, and make another one. Maybe, even do the research to see what that manager has paid for that player, so, he/she will actually get back more than what they paid for that player. You can't take away managers rights to do WHATEVER they want with their player, which includes the bids, until the player becomes concerned about something. That is just SM.

I agree' date=' negotiating is the key and solution for this. But, that is if the manager that receives the bid, wants to negotiate. He/she has the right to do whatever with it, whether they think it is "stupid" or not. Sometimes the first bid, should result in a second bid, maybe a third, not a counter or a response by the manager who recieves the bid. For example, if I put in a bid, yet the manager doesn't respond to it, and I see that he/she has been on and has probably seen it, then I should pull back that bid, and make another one. Maybe, even do the research to see what that manager has paid for that player, so, he/she will actually get back more than what they paid for that player. You can't take away managers rights to do WHATEVER they want with their player, which includes the bids, until the player becomes concerned about something. That is just SM.[/quote']

well said...

I agree' date=' negotiating is the key and solution for this. But, that is if the manager that receives the bid, wants to negotiate. He/she has the right to do whatever with it, whether they think it is "stupid" or not. Sometimes the first bid, should result in a second bid, maybe a third, not a counter or a response by the manager who recieves the bid. For example, if I put in a bid, yet the manager doesn't respond to it, and I see that he/she has been on and has probably seen it, then I should pull back that bid, and make another one. Maybe, even do the research to see what that manager has paid for that player, so, he/she will actually get back more than what they paid for that player. You can't take away managers rights to do WHATEVER they want with their player, which includes the bids, until the player becomes concerned about something. That is just SM.[/quote']

yes, thats what i do,

i look to see what the manager paid for the player before i make an offer.

if he say, paid £5m for the player, then i would offer more than £5m so i have better chance of it being accepted

if however, i dont think the player was worth what he paid - £5m - then i would not put in an offer, i would look elsewhere for a player.

if everyone worked that way it would make it a lot better when doin deals etc

Sometimes managers don't respond but for totally different reasons. They get the top teams from Spain, Germany, Italy, England and then they log in just once before the time limit to keep 'reserving' these teams. :mad:

In my honest opinion, Managers who simply do not respond to bids, and deliberately ignore bids, without giving a definitive answer stall the game. In a game which revolves playing in a game world which involves playing with your peers. I think some sort of feature should be implemented which ensures the manager responds to bids, and is unable to Continue playing the game without responding to the bid. A feature which is used in Football Manager, where to continue in the game, you have to respond to an offer.

For example when the player makes another offer for a player, a message should pop, the chairman will not allow you to make an offer for this player until you respond to the offer for one of your players. Then this forces the manager to respond with either a yes or a no, instead of ignoring.

the chairman will not allow you to make an offer for this player until you respond to the offer for one of your players. Then this forces the manager to respond with either a yes or a no' date=' instead of ignoring.[/quote']

YES great suggestion.

That is already in effect, if your suggesting that i can't make a bid for any player untill i either accept or reject or negociate any outstanding bid for any of my players then this is nonsence

If anytin suggested on this thread was to be implemented, all my players on all my teams (aswell as most other managers teams) will simply put every single player on unavailable to transfer status so as to not be forced into managing my team how other want me to manage it.

Simply resulting in no deals being able to be done other than thru PM

It's fine the way it is.

You cannot speak for what other managers may or may not do, and there is no consensus of agreement on this thread as to whether changes would be beneficial or not.

You threaten to make all your players unavailable (if something new was introduced along the lines of what has been suggested here) as though this would be a bad thing; if managers who weren't interested in any offers for any or all of their players did this anyway then that would remove a large part of the problem. It would then just be a case of those who hadn't taken this action (and by not doing so tacitly leaving their players open to bids) responding to offers received. Maybe you would be reduced to making transfers by PM because of your intransigence but others wouldn't.

This in no way impinges on a manager's right to manage their own team, they could ignore the bids if they wanted to, but if they did there would be consequences that they would be aware of.

This is not without some kind of precedent; if a player gets concerns that aren't addressed, eventually their manager is forced to sell him. A manager is not omnipotent.

I can speak on what possibilities will arise should certain features called for here by some be implemented, it matters not what the individual says only the concepts being proposed.

consensus of agreement? you lost me, never is their too kuch of that around here, everyone has different opinions, no need to point that out.

I threaten, that's a bit strong, i'm simply pointing out what a good manager would do in such a scenario, ANY ENFORCEMENT on having to accept/reject/negociate bids (lets be honest never going to happen anyway :) ) will result in this & thus you'd have a game were very little deals were possible without having to PM someone every single time you want to bid on a player.

If a player is not down as unavailable, it doesn't mean he is available at any stupit price, Man united don't have to make a player unavailable, regardless if they did, they would still be open to offers (just on SM it would be thru PM as you can choose to make a player unavailable in this regard)

This in no way impinges on a manager's right to manage their own team' date=' they could ignore the bids if they wanted to, but if they did there would be consequences that they would be aware of[/quote']

Ya like i said, forcing consequences would only lead to everyone making all their players unavailable.

Im sorry you're wrong with your final comment, it would be a precendent it would very much be a precedent, player concerns is a seperate issue

I've never had a valid argument with you ever, always your posts are well.. how can i say it, not of much value :rolleyes: & what are you on about omnipotent, stop maiking ridiculos comments, your posts are always full of such tripe.

It's fair to say IMO this thread has run its course, enforcing managers to accept or react to bids is a non runner, & makes absolutly no sense, close thread IMO

You cannot speak for what other managers may or may not do' date=' and there is no consensus of agreement on this thread as to whether changes would be beneficial or not.

You threaten to make all your players unavailable (if something new was introduced along the lines of what has been suggested here) as though this would be a bad thing; if managers who weren't interested in any offers for any or all of their players did this anyway then that would remove a large part of the problem. It would then just be a case of those who hadn't taken this action (and by not doing so tacitly leaving their players open to bids) responding to offers received. Maybe you would be reduced to making transfers by PM because of your intransigence but others wouldn't.

This in no way impinges on a manager's right to manage their own team, they could ignore the bids if they wanted to, but if they did there would be consequences that they would be aware of.

This is not without some kind of precedent; if a player gets concerns that aren't addressed, eventually their manager is forced to sell him. A manager is not omnipotent.[/quote']