leaks 5 goals...gets man of match

I just had to post this given how ridiculous it is...so I am playing Bayern against Roma (an average side at best given the quality of the players) and I narrowly win the game by 6 goals to 5.

Forget the issue of tactics and scoreline...what is unbelievable is that Buffon concedes 5 goals and comes off as man of the match with a rating of 9!

I checked the match commentary and there is absolutely nothing positive being said about Buffon's performance.

Can anyone make sense of this or is it just plain stupid?

Re: leaks 5 goals...gets man of match

Well he did stop them getting a sixth B)

Seriously though, I've never quite understood the ratings. It seems that almost always the fowards and goalscorers get the high ratings and occasionally the keeper does too. The poor defenders so rarely get higher ratings than the fowards.

Overall the game is fine...there are many positives to these one-off stupid outcomes. I just wanted to check if people have been getting such idiotic results themselves or is it "just a bug in the match engine that happens once in a while".

Football manager is a completely different platform and requires much more time investment to truly enjoy it to the fullest. Sadly, I haven't got that much time to spare (ironically, I do manage 30 teams on here...go figure!)

I just had to post this given how ridiculous it is...so I am playing Bayern against Roma (an average side at best given the quality of the players) and I narrowly win the game by 6 goals to 5.

Forget the issue of tactics and scoreline...what is unbelievable is that Buffon concedes 5 goals and comes off as man of the match with a rating of 9!

I checked the match commentary and there is absolutely nothing positive being said about Buffon's performance.

This is just another proof of how poor the match engine is. Especially the ratings and the statistics given, most of the times are just laughable.

This isn't stupid at all, as we can see the defenders don't have great ratings and more importantly you didn't post how many shots on target Roma had. If it was like 100 and he conceded 5, I think that more than warrants a rating of 9.

And also, a few weeks back Aston Villa got thumped 8-0 to Chelsea yet, because their defend was so poor (back 4) Brad Guzan (the goalkeeper) was man of the match.

This isn't stupid at all' date=' as we can see the defenders don't have great ratings and more importantly you didn't post how many shots on target Roma had. If it was like 100 and he conceded 5, I think that more than warrants a rating of 9.

And also, a few weeks back Aston Villa got thumped 8-0 to Chelsea yet, because their defend was so poor (back 4) Brad Guzan (the goalkeeper) was man of the match.[/quote']

Some good points mentioned however,

The defenders ratings are average, not below average AND

They had 5 shots on target, all which have went in

http://s1327.beta.photobucket.com/user/tbrough87/media/shots_zpsc115e258.jpg.html

so i still don't exactly get it...

Some good points mentioned however' date='

The defenders ratings are average, not below average AND

They had 5 shots on target, all which have went in

[url']http://s1327.beta.photobucket.com/user/tbrough87/media/shots_zpsc115e258.jpg.html[/url]

so i still don't exactly get it...

Well, now I agree with you, its pretty stupid. :)

The match rating system usually brings out a messed up result once in a while, before I lost a game and most of my players had 8/10 ratings, even the defenders but some forum members tried to tell me they musta just had a good game, but then the opposite team had all 6/10 ratings and 7/10.

Maybe Buffon saved a shot in the 89th minute to make it 6-6 and it forgot to be reported by the new SM description lol.......

Hopefully the SM Engine gets re-generated quicker than Hodgson choosing Gary Hooper and Peter Crouch for International duty lol.:eek::D:cool:B)

Individual match ratings, cards, injuried and MoM are all randomly assigned after the match engine calculates who wins. I might as well add goals to the list.

That's why when choosing your lineups match rating don't count for nothing. Player rating, condition, and morale are the only factors considered by the match engine.

This is based on observation, I'm in no way affiliated with SM :D

Individual match ratings' date=' cards, injuried and MoM are all [b']randomly[/b] assigned after the match engine calculates who wins. I might as well add goals to the list.

That's why when choosing your lineups match rating don't count for nothing. Player rating, condition, and morale are the only factors considered by the match engine.

As it is now, I don't even think that player rating, condition or morale plays any part in the match result nor are they "factors" considered by the match engine. Perhaps match engine only calculates tactics to produce the score, who knows... :rolleyes:

One senior member, Tebthereb, who has been playing the game for few years have detail report here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2389626&postcount=54

Individual match ratings' date=' cards, injuried and MoM are all [b']randomly[/b] assigned after the match engine calculates who wins. I might as well add goals to the list.

I hear you, in a way...I have a team with an average rating of 94-95 and I won the league 2 seasons in a row without changing the formation once...now I lose to teams rated 86-87...using the same formation!

I am not really invested in that team but I am just saying there is an x factor in that game engine! :rolleyes:

Maybe your defence were just plain awful' date=' and Buffon played a blinder to keep it down to 5 :D[/quote']

Well the defenders had average ratings so it is still unjustifiable.