PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Glenn Hysén

PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• I want SM to reintroduce the rating schedule
    • I think the new random rating changes are better

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Here's a proposition for a rating schedule I think would work just fine.

EUROPE

Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Germany, England, France, Italy and Spain gets reviewed twice every year.

Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Romania, Belarus, Cyprus, Scotland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Denmark, Switzerland, Slovenia and Montenegro gets reviewed once every year.

All other countries participate in the random selection that seems to have started.

NORTH, CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA

Brazil, Argentina and Mexico gets reviewed twice every year.

Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay and USA gets reviewed once a year

All other countries for the random selection.

ASIA

Israel, Japan, China and South Korea once a year, all other countries in random selection.

AFRICA

Egypt and South Africa once a year, all other countries in random selection.

OCEANIA

Australia once a year, all other countries in random selection.

RANDOM SELECTION

I guess most of the players in these leagues aren't very interesting for most SM managers and those who are of interest will surely get voted on and get their changes.

PS I don't mean to step on any toes and it's quite possible I've forgot some country that should be in the schedule and not in the "random selection".

I really hope SM hear your opinion. The rating schedule is perfect method for rating changes in my opinion. SoccerWiki is fine,but it shouldn't be main method like SM try to implement it now. But then again, i doubt SM will hear a suggestion to change their method to do rating changes

i actually prefer the randomness of it all, as its now stopping peeps just checking the relevant sites(soccerway etc) for the upcoming leagues.

its now making the scouting issue even harder because its giving you a wider area to have to search

instead of just going (for example)

we are reviewing brazil/argentina/mexico

so everyone searches only those leagues which makes it much easier to narrow your search down, basically like shooting fish in a barrel

plus the small risers will probably be left now to the clubs who actually need them because the larger clubs have no real idea when there 75ov(who's going to rise by 8/10+ etc) is going to rise so theres no way to make a definite quick buck

imo making it more realistic

I really miss the rating schedule. What's your opinion?
I back the reintroduction of a scheduled approach to player reviews.

I need structure in my life!

I definitely agree and would like to see the schedule back. A schedule is always better than chaos!

I definitely agree and would like to see the schedule back. A schedule is always better than chaos!

Im guessing you only want a schedule back so that you can time when and who to bring in ?

Clearly the current system is undergoing problems, but what benefits does a schedule offer?

Aslong as each league (big 5 being the priority) are reviewed on a regular basis there is no need for us to know when.

I dont like random players being done from loads of leagues, although i suspect this will die down after the transfer window. I hope by the end of January they go about completing league by league, but dont tell us which leagues they are going to do.

You all know the only reason you want to know the schedule is so you know when to buy and sell players.

If you want a player take the punt. Dont buy them on the account they are being reviewed the next week :P

Im guessing you only want a schedule back so that you can time when and who to bring in ?

Clearly the current system is undergoing problems' date=' but what benefits does a schedule offer?

Aslong as each league (big 5 being the priority) are reviewed on a regular basis there is no need for us to know when.[/quote']

I dont like random players being done from loads of leagues' date=' although i suspect this will die down after the transfer window. I hope by the end of January they go about completing league by league, but dont tell us which leagues they are going to do.

You all know the only reason you want to know the schedule is so you know when to buy and sell players.

If you want a player take the punt. Dont buy them on the account they are being reviewed the next week :P[/quote']

You are right about that an announcement of which leagues are going to get reviewed makes it a lot easier to buy risers/moneymakers.

But thats not the main reason I want a rating schedule.

A rating schedule will hinder all these nonsens updates people are editing in SW in hope that this player will get a rating review at the same time they're updating his nickname or weight...

This nonsens takes time away from what's important. And that is imo that a player should be updated with the right club, age, rating and position. (his main position that is, not the position he fills in once or twice per season)

I'm totally fine if they choose not to announce every time they start to review a league, the important thing is that they will review an entire league and not just pick a player here and there.

I'm totally fine if they choose not to announce every time they start to review a league' date=' the important thing is that they will review an entire league and not just pick a player here and there.[/quote']

Then you and I agree. I think its a little chaotic at the moment due to the january transfer window ( with players that have moved being rated before they are edited on the database to their new team ) and I suspect (hope) it will be better a week or so after the window closes.

I think there should certainly be more structure to the current system, but their is zero need for a visible rating schedule :)

1) Im guessing you only want a schedule back so that you can time when and who to bring in ?

2) Clearly the current system is undergoing problems' date=' but what benefits does a schedule offer?

[b']3)[/b] Aslong as each league (big 5 being the priority) are reviewed on a regular basis there is no need for us to know when.

1) No, you are guessing wrong. I already have in my teams the players i want and don't (me personally, at least) need to wait for a schedule to be announced so that i will buy players.

2) IMO, the best benefit of a schedule is that reviews are made in a faster way, at least this is what we are experiencing.

3) It would be perfect if indeed each league was reviewed on a regular basis. Actually, the regular basis i have in mind is two reviews per season for the 12-15 bigger leagues and one review for the lesser leagues. I don't care if they announce the leagues or not. The important thing is that they should aim to make the reviews on a regular basis as above. When they had a schedule, it was the most close to this situation.

I dont like random players being done from loads of leagues' date=' although i suspect this will die down after the transfer window. I hope by the end of January they go about completing league by league, but dont tell us which leagues they are going to do.[/quote']

I really hope too that they get faster by the end of the month, but i won't believe it until i see it. Again, it's not important if they tell which leagues are next, the important thing is to be fast enough so that they update the leagues without much delay. And i agree that if they reduce the random players reviews and go league-by-league, it will be better and faster.

A rating schedule will hinder all these nonsens updates people are editing in SW in hope that this player will get a rating review at the same time they're updating his nickname or weight...

This nonsens takes time away from what's important. And that is imo that a player should be updated with the right club' date=' age, rating and position. (his main position that is, not the position he fills in once or twice per season)

I'm totally fine if they choose not to announce every time they start to review a league, the important thing is that they will review an entire league and not just pick a player here and there.[/quote']

I agree with this post, you have some valid points here...

This nonsens takes time away from what's important. And that is imo that a player should be updated with the right club' date=' age, rating and position. (his main position that is, not the position he fills in once or twice per season)

I'm totally fine if they choose not to announce every time they start to review a league, the important thing is that they will review an entire league and not just pick a player here and there.[/quote']

I agree with this also :)

I dont like random players being done from loads of leagues' date=' although[b'] i suspect this will die down after the transfer window[/b]. I hope by the end of January they go about completing league by league, but dont tell us which leagues they are going to do.

I dont think it will. That is the whole point of SW that in future players from all around the world will be updated frequently instead of just set leagues. For example, players like Praet and Centurion have not moved clubs but have still be reviewed as people voted for him on SW. So it seems like only players that are popular will be reviewed in future if SM completely stops their league by league reviews and instead trusts SW to manage the player ratings.

What's annoying me the most is they seem to be really lazy with this new system. Before we'd see several teams done per day; now we see a few players changed from a handful of teams... No idea how long they've been doing German players for now. Two-three weeks surely?

heck no!

its about time this game became a challenge rather than just having to read the forum for who to buy!

The transfer window is causing chaos for sure but that will die down next month.

Voting for players on SW has no effect on their ratings by the way.

I dont mind them not telling us what league is being reviewed, but I think they need to do the whole of one league together instead of splitting it.

One case is with Galatasaray, Atleast 2 of there players (Kaya and There main striker) rose recently, but another of there big talents Colak didnt. It seems odd not to do him aswell, and theres no idea when it will get increased. Also we dont know if they just 'miss' these players or on purpose come back on a later date.

Theres other cases of this, but this is the one I can think off most.

Archived