PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Glenn Hysén

PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• I want SM to reintroduce the rating schedule
    • I think the new random rating changes are better

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Perhaps they should listen to their customers - i.e. the 86% who want it re-introduced.

I bet if we did a vote that said

Which of the following would you like

a) The Angolan and Zimbabwean 1st Divisions included

OR

B) The return of a proper ratings schedule

I know which ones the vast majority of players of SM would choose.

They don' want a schedule for one reason and one reason only - because it means they have to do all the work' date=' and stick to the schedule - whereas if they allow US to do their work for them on Soccerwiki they can sit back and take the cash with zero effort apart from adding the odd stupid feature that no-one uses - for example - do people HONESTLY use the "Assistant Manager report"? REALLY? If you can't tell that a 94 rated player is better than a 84 rated player in same position you need testing.

The point is - stop adding stupid features that no-one will use and re-implement the schedule for one of the most fun areas of the game - scouting![/quote']

by 86% you mean just 206 forum users.

how many outside the forum have an opinion? or even know about whole culture that was bred from flipping risers and even the riser theory at all!!

as i said, id love to see squads of those 206 and see what kind of manager there were to want the 'easy peasy this league ratings coming up so buy your players from there' back....and you call that 'scouting'? LOL :rolleyes:

i bet if you did a vote for would you like the league announcements back you get 100% say yes....

we do the work?? ive never changed a rating in my whole time on SW, as i posted above the list of players that SW changed today only, pretty sure 90% of them were of there own back..

& when ever was Angola or Zimbabwe reviewed before? Just cause its there now doesnt automatically mean it has to come under review?

im betting a proportion that want it back are those who IMO play the game with obscene size squads, bumping players on SW in hope for rises, moaning about the new financial changes becuase they have to sell some risers/youth as they cant have them all.....

;2594008']im betting a proportion that want it back are those who IMO play the game with obscene size squads' date='[b'] bumping players on SW in hope for rises[/b], moaning about the new financial changes becuase they have to sell some risers/youth as they cant have them all.....

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

;2594023']oh yeah and you can prove that by?

if fact dont answer unless you add to the discussion. your just spamming the thread

And you can prove your guess how? I know as a matter of fact that you're wrong in relation to the way I operate on SM. Never used the SW site either.

So that's how I know you're wrong!

If you're going to make such claims of how you believe the majority of people operate on SM/SW then you should expect a response.

It's not spamming.

And you can prove your guess how? I know as a matter of fact that you're wrong in relation to the way I operate on SM. Never used the SW site either.

So that's how I know you're wrong!

If you're going to make such claims of how you believe the majority of people operate on SM/SW then you should expect a response.

It's not spamming.

i said proportion. not majority.

i dont need every single one to come on and defend themselves now.

'Completely agree with the above!'

its spam. why dont you just use the rep system thats what its there for.

;2594040']i said proportion. not majority.

i dont need every single one to come on and defend themselves now.

'Completely agree with the above!'

its spam. why dont you just use the rep system thats what its there for.

You're calling agreeing with someone and expressing my agreement as spamming?! Oh do me a favour! That IS NOT spam!

So you're only allowed to respond if you disagree with with a post? What tosh!

Who are you to tell me how I use the rep system?!

Of course number 1 editor/scout in SW will disagree if we complain about SW. Not a secret anymore

I doubt any other users outside forum has massive different from us in forum. I'm in Indonesian SM users on Facebook and i see the same story,just like most forumer(but one) complain

SW just worse than old system. I don't care if some players get reviewed more often, staff data more up to date, etc. It's just plain worse. And i won't take my words back until it improves/changes. SW has been there quite long so there shouldn't be an excuse it's still new system

Of course number 1 editor/scout in SW will disagree if we complain about SW. Not a secret anymore

I doubt any other users outside forum has massive different from us in forum. I'm in Indonesian SM users on Facebook and i see the same story' date='just like most forumer(but one) complain

SW just worse than old system. I don't care if some players get reviewed more often, staff data more up to date, etc. It's just plain worse. And i won't take my words back until it improves/changes. SW has been there quite long so there shouldn't be an excuse it's still new system

quite simply - how is it worse...

what needs to improve/change??!!! how will they know unless no one suggest what the actual problem is apart from the oh league by league needs to come back because it reviews every player....its just not viable!!!!

back up your opinions

if everyone put all there effort into using SW making edits, voting etc rather than making up posts on the forum on how bad it is im pretty sure the situation would rapidly improve..

yeah im the only one it seems that will say anything.....the problem is everyone seems to want all there risers now....no patience....its the sign of the times the want it now generation.

i simply fail to understand how anyone just cannot get there head around the direction its going in and the benefits it has brought.

the only 'Pro's' of a pedantic league by league method was you got one league up to date every player and every club, which was then ignored for up to 3 years until the next time.

im seriously thinking the new direction SM should take is to stop player reviews all together. Keep all player profiles & ratings the same for the time...regardless of transfers positions etc etc

Shut down the link to SW and have that working away and after 6 months up load and completely fresh database. Its how CH/FM does it and thats been oh so fairly successful...........?!

Seems to be the solution to what many of your problems are with SW with it not being up to date...

When are people going to grip league by league was a failure and didnt work. The timeframe of world football and trying to keep all those leagues current was IMPOSSIBLE

;2594091'][

im seriously thinking the new direction SM should take is to stop player reviews all together. Keep all player profiles & ratings the same for the time...regardless of transfers positions etc etc

Shut down the link to SW and have that working away and after 6 months up load and completely fresh database. Its how CH/FM does it and thats been oh so fairly successful...........?!

Seems to be the solution to what many of your problems are with SW with it not being up to date...

When are people going to grip league by league was a failure and didnt work. The timeframe of world football and trying to keep all those leagues current was IMPOSSIBLE

Yes' date='of course. That should happen,because FM and SM is same type of game.,isn't it?:rolleyes: . In FM you don't actually compete each other with other human managers so evwn it's not really updated,it wouldn't hurt much[/color']

Actually the problem isn't even that. It just when i see a player being reviewed one day and being reviewed again 1 week later,it's just fair to see this system is STILL wrong. Whether you believe it's going on right track or not, i don't care. It seems you are the first one who jumps here when someone complain.

I don't mean to attack you personally,but anyone here have same opinion with JMH? I rarely see it

Yes' date='of course. That should happen,because FM and SM is same type of game.,isn't it?:rolleyes: . In FM you don't actually compete each other with other human managers so evwn it's not really updated,it wouldn't hurt much[/color']

Actually the problem isn't even that. It just when i see a player being reviewed one day and being reviewed again 1 week later,it's just fair to see this system is STILL wrong. Whether you believe it's going on right track or not, i don't care. It seems you are the first one who jumps here when someone complain.

I don't mean to attack you personally,but anyone here have same opinion with JMH? I rarely see it

i dont see it has a personal attack dont worry, and tbh id be surprised if anyone does think the same as most have said they dont use SW....33 people however have voted...but whatever that means. I could however stop posting and youd all be clueless to what is going on as SW dont have anything to do on the SM forums

FM/CM & SM are all the same type of game. You can play the 'computer' and you play human managers ie network games. FM/CM is 'scripted' in a sense.. SM follows real life. They all however need up to date players, in SM they are rated in accordance to real life, FM however follows a 'script' for a players progression, however if said player does well in real life the script needs to be altered. much alike SM ratings. They are very similar games. But FM/CM has the financial power to ensure the databases are up to date as poss for the latest version, however, as i said one Mod works on the data banks for a old CM where the data is generated by the public...the same as SM.

So SW could be 'fixed', but im sure you dont want to pay more for SM & pay for SW to hire more staff!!!

whats the example of player x getting one review then another the next week....many are either errors or they are actually justified. You saw a couple players be reviewed in short time( im thinking Kolasinac) but he is a starter for a top club. IMO its wrong he stays low rated until he end of a season or whenever his review was...

In the top leagues, low rated players SHOULD be reviewed multiple times throughout a season, even if it is every 4 weeks in some cases!. What is the point of them being low rated and owning them if you cant actually use them in your SM team?

could you give me more examples of players being reviewed too often?

;2593988']As you started' date=' its your pet hate. Time to try to integrate with it now and as i said il offer put you onto the admins if you want and try and put your efforts into contributing to getting the database up to date?[/quote']

I couldn't be @r53d reading most of the above, as I know you blindly defend the current situation....

As for "contributing" - if you look back in history (3 years ago this week) I was SOLELY responsible for the ratings of English League 1 and 2 a couple of years ago - all 48 clubs -- the one where Charlie Austin went from 70-78 - yep I reviewed the entire two divisions in 2010 :)

It took....an afternoon with some MS Excel manipulation

PS they never even said thanks for my ratings

PPS - why is Cameroon NOT reviewed? Surely we must have Cameroonians who play this game and would like to see their leagues reviewed?

I couldn't be @r53d reading most of the above' date=' as I know you blindly defend the current situation....

As for "contributing" - if you look back in history (3 years ago this week) I was SOLELY responsible for the ratings of English League 1 and 2 a couple of years ago - all 48 clubs -- the one where Charlie Austin went from 70-78 - yep I reviewed the entire two divisions in 2010 :)

PPS - why is Cameroon NOT reviewed? Surely we must have Cameroonians who play this game and would like to see their leagues reviewed?[/quote']

How/Why were you responsible for those ratings??

I couldn't be @r53d reading most of the above' date=' as I know you blindly defend the current situation....

PPS - why is Cameroon NOT reviewed? Surely we must have Cameroonians who play this game and would like to see their leagues reviewed?[/quote']

first line sums it up. people cant be bothered.......if i wasnt bothered no would would have any idea what was going on. Youd get no response from SW/SM and then what? lose interest and quit?

you could also scrap all my edits if i wasnt bothered...i wont post them all. runs into thousands.

anyway

thats very impressive and worthy of recognition.

Now was that via SW or SM? SW hasnt been around that long?

Has Cameroon ever been reviewed since the game started? And i guess finding the data is an issue.

How/Why were you responsible for those ratings??

I reviewed all clubs - based on their league position, their max rating, and the minutes of each player team - when I had completed my review I submitted it to the then SM devs and because they hadn't reviewed those two leagues for a while they simply implemented my ratings

• 2 weeks later...

As SM no longer broadcast the ratings schedule in order to focus on smaller leagues from countries where their customers play from....I hereby make a suggestion....

GIRLS and WOMEN!!!!

There are girls and women in many countries who I am sure play SM - yet NOT EVEN ONE Womans/Girls League has a player represented in the game!

Sort it out chappies - the girls can't be ignored!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I don't mind doing it I just didn't want to step on your patch ;):)

Before I do' date=' this is a suggestion of what I will put up for vote

Something like...

5 months on from the Reintroduce the rating schedule Poll what is your opinion now?

(1) Reintroduce a Rating Schedule and post it on the game for all to see

(2) Reintroduce a Rating Schedule but keep it out of the public domain

(3) Stick with a random riser approach

just posting this up quickly as I want my lunch :o

So suggestions/improvements before it goes live would be useful so as to get the best possible results in gaging peoples opinions :)[/quote']

just an update I haven't forgotton Ive just been busy but I will get reading peoples suggestion asap then get the new poll up and running :)

just an update I haven't forgotton Ive just been busy but I will get reading peoples suggestion asap then get the new poll up and running :)

The common opinion' date=' on this forum, is clearly in favour of reintroducing the ratings schedule

The other common opinion is that the SM devs clearly don't give a rats [b']XXX[/b](bottom) what us the users think of that function - and this thread is clearly being ignored by them in favour of developing useless functions like "scouting" your opponent.....

In a world where games are being dumbed down so they can be played by everyone, this is sadly another example of making the game appeal to the masses and to make sure the 'hard core' don't have an advantage.

Further proof of this can now be seen in the 50% salary on loaned out players (to stop you collecting risers and loaning them out) and the chairmen upping low rated players contracts at random intervals.

It makes business sense to get as many customers as possible - but to alienate the customers who stood by them through the earlier development/bugs/downed servers etc takes the XXXX(urine)

Sadly, for all my ranting - they don't care what I or other players think - it's $$$$ cha-ching they want :)

The common opinion' date=' on this forum, is clearly in favour of reintroducing the ratings schedule

The other common opinion is that the SM devs clearly don't give a rats @55 what us the users think of that function - and this thread is clearly being ignored by them in favour of developing useless functions like "scouting" your opponent.....

In a world where games are being dumbed down so they can be played by everyone, this is sadly another example of making the game appeal to the masses and to make sure the 'hard core' don't have an advantage.

Further proof of this can now be seen in the 50% salary on loaned out players (to stop you collecting risers and loaning them out) and the chairmen upping low rated players contracts at random intervals.

It makes business sense to get as many customers as possible - but to alienate the customers who stood by them through the earlier development/bugs/downed servers etc takes the P155

Sadly, for all my ranting - they don't care what I or other players think - it's $$$$ cha-ching they want :)[/quote']

After the transfer and finances debacle I don't see any new users staying too long.

It's a cost thing. This random schedule is cheaper to maintain.

Very true!

I think it is better for the long run and for non-famous leagues also, on the condition that it is well maintained.

Still waiting to see what will happen to the Big 5 during the summer.