PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• I want SM to reintroduce the rating schedule
    • I think the new random rating changes are better

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

True Duncan' date=' you just beat me to it, The only reason people are making such a fuss is because it makes the game harder.[/quote']

If you've bothered to read some previous posts you would have read a completely different reason why I don't want the random rating changes.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!! Here's a proposition for a rating schedule I think would work just fine. EUROPE Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Ge

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!! And you can prove your guess how? I know as a matter of fact that you're wrong in relation to the way I operate on SM. Never used the SW site either

My Major concerns on the new reviewing procedure are:-

1) Speed of reviews which is far far too slow for the past year or 2 (possibly ever!) and should be quickened by a factor of 2to3 at least, to make it satisfactory.

2) Possible ommissions When could we turn round and say this player hasn't been reviewed if there isn't a schedule? E.g someone in chile who hasn't been reviewed for say 3 years? A scattergun approach leaves this kind of ommision as a distinct possibility.

Anyway I have been trying to give the SW approach a chance to improve, if I have to vote now, then it would be a definite FAILURE. Maybe though that is because, not enough people are editing players & the more that are done the quicker & better it would be :confused::(

Oh & I myself would prefer posting RISERS on the forum was banned altogether. :eek:

My Major concerns on the new reviewing procedure are:-

1) Speed of reviews which is far far too slow for the past year or 2 (possibly ever!) and should be quickened by a factor of 2to3 at least' date=' to make it satisfactory.

[b']2) Possible ommissions [/b] When could we turn round and say this player hasn't been reviewed if there isn't a schedule? E.g someone in chile who hasn't been reviewed for say 3 years? A scattergun approach leaves this kind of ommision as a distinct possibility.

I strongly agree that these 2 are the major problems for the review system as it operates now.

The first one, i think everyone agrees that they are VERY slow now, and they should definitely do something to get faster, ASAP.

About the second, i think a perfect example of this unbalanced situation is Simon Ramsden: a relatively unknown player, who was reviewed AGAIN on Wednesday, when his last review was only 2 months ago, in November... There are so many players/teams/leagues (some of them quite important) not updated for ages, the whole procedure is already too slow, but SM decided to WASTE time on reviewing Simon Ramsden AGAIN, second time in 2 months... and why? Just because he had some little edit on his data...

IMO, if SM can't find any other way to become faster and change the situation we are experiencing now, their best option is to return to what they were doing before: 1) Organise a schedule and follow it, and 2) Separate the procedure of transferring edited data from SW (which is not much time consuming) from the reviewing procedure.

Anyway I have been trying to give the SW approach a chance to improve' date=' if I have to vote now, then it would be a definite FAILURE. Maybe though that is because, not enough people are editing players & the more that are done the quicker & better it would be :confused::(

[/quote']

Maybe SM will never reverse to a schedule where they can be held to account, when late & slow. I agree with almost everything negative that has been said, but we do have another option to improve & that is:

To try & make SW approach work more quickly. We can do this for example by Editing recent player transfers. If each of us take a transfer off the following link every week or so & edit it on SW:-

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/transfers/letzte-transfers/transfers.html

Why not give it a try???

True Duncan' date=' you just beat me to it, The only reason people are making such a fuss is because it makes the game harder.[/quote']

I have asked some questions on other threads and not recieved replies, would the people defending the schedule please reply as I am confused.

I have been playing this game for 4 years. i find no challenge in managing a top team, I prefer to take on a lower league club and improve it. I have a Macclesfield in a GC that has taken me 4 years to get to the 1st division. To do this I have bought and sold risers as this is the only way to make money. The old schedule was by no means perfect, but you could guess when the leagues would be done before they were announced (big leagues mid season and end, lesser leagues at end of season), this then gave you an advantage over people using the forum. So my questions are:

1 Is this a game for everyone or for the minority who can spend hours watching and scouting (myself included), so should the ratings structure be changed to please the minority?

2 I have no problem with not announcing the upcoming reviews, but if there is no structure enabling me to predict when a player will rise, how can I use risers to gain money for my lower league clubs? To improve them, you have to buy and sell quickly or the wages cripple you. At a lower league club you have to use obscure players and there rise, will I have to spend even more hours on this game getting them altered on SW? Is this game not supposed to reflect real life so would it be right to have smaller teams on the database having 10 x 70 rated players in its first team and 1 at 80 because someone got it changed or would it be better to have the whole team realistically rated?

3 Does this randomness of the schedule not promote blanket buying of talent by those clubs who can afford them? This is what I am seeing in Game Worlds as the little clubs cannot afford to hold on to a player for 12 months before a rise.

4 Is SM trying to stop the lower league challenge? If so, we will see all Game Worlds emptying apart from the top 6 in the top division. Is this good for the game?

5 Why are people ridiculing players for coming onto the forum and asking about risers when it is them who are answering and fueling the culture? Is the forum not for answering questions and giving your opinion?

6 Many people spend alot of time scouting and get great pleasure from producing threads that predict risers from specific countries to help the community, if there is no structure, these threads will be no longer and again we have taken away a pleasure from the game. How do they feel about the change?

7 The reason I have enjoyed this game so much is there are many ways to play it, for example, building small teams into big ones, getting a top team and trading players, selling players from a top team to buy young risers etc. Is this a move to get us to buy top teams as this will be the only way to play the game unless you are one of the minority who can spend hours a day on this game?(again I include myself in this category)

8 If SM feel this change is necessary for the long term good of the game, and we will soon see a fantastic ratings system when the problems are ironed out, why can they not communicate the reasons behind it and what it will look like in the future?

I can see the point that the game should be made harder, but this appears to be only allowing the game to be played 1 way and removing alot of things that gave many people pleasure.

Can those defending the change please answer some of the above because I am getting frustrated and confused with the way SM is going.

I dont mind the random schedule as it is now if it promotes obscure rises more often, but i would appreciate the rating changes layout to be better presented.

When I click game world > player database > list, I want to see a more organised layout of changes that was done. I would be nice if we can see rating changes seperated by tabs of leagues for each real life footballing season (major leagues each having their individual tab and another tab for others). At the moment it is just displaying the last 200 changes (or whatever the number is) which i feel i'm not getting enough information from. I want to see what players I missed out on instead of looking at my squad report of what players I had that risen.

I have no problem with either system, but a bit more urgency in doing ratings will be highly appreciated.

Just goddamn give the players the rating they deserve, its reaching almost the year mark since some players who thoroughly deserve rising have risen.

I mean come on, this is making the managing of smaller teams hell as those managers have been waiting for months for the players to get to their true rating and value!

Maybe SM will never reverse to a schedule where they can be held to account' date=' when late & slow. I agree with almost everything negative that has been said, but we do have another option to improve & that is:

To try & make SW approach work more quickly. We can do this for example by Editing recent player transfers. If each of us take a transfer off the following link every week or so & edit it on SW:-

[url']http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/transfers/letzte-transfers/transfers.html[/url]

Why not give it a try???

hear hear!

plenty for people to contribute with!

Maybe SM will never reverse to a schedule where they can be held to account' date=' when late & slow. I agree with almost everything negative that has been said, but we do have another option to improve & that is:

[url']http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/transfers/letzte-transfers/transfers.html[/url]

Why not give it a try???

A few days ago I asked some questions on this thread about the changes to the ratings schedule, none of the people prefering the change seem to want to answer.

I now have another. If we went to our local supermarket to be met with the following announcement, how would we feel?

"As we can no longer keep up with restocking the shelves, we ask our paying customers to top up the shelves for us if they see a space"

A few days ago I asked some questions on this thread about the changes to the ratings schedule' date=' none of the people prefering the change seem to want to answer.

I now have another. If we went to our local supermarket to be met with the following announcement, how would we feel?

"As we can no longer keep up with restocking the shelves, we ask our paying customers to top up the shelves for us if they see a space"[/quote']

just have to be patient and see how it pans out.

personally i am starting to see a pattern in how it will work, but need more time to see what happens after the EPL and transfer window closes.

The developers and reviewers should have just blitzed through the main leagues a long time ago before throwing in reviews of random players and then nobody would have complained about it all IMO. Having no ratings schedule is an improvement because it stops soccermanager becoming a stocks and shares game.

I edited Aurelien Joachim club to f91 DudElange loan club Willem II. Voting closed within a couple of hours of submitting the edit but it is still awaiting a decision.

yes i admin'ed that. its in the queue.

itl happen soon, as you can see Eduard Nicola & Raul Ciupe got done and they were amongst that lot

• 2 weeks later...

Still prefare the new scedual' date=' Mbola just got a long deserved rise, I've had him for over 3 years and i can finally sell him, YaaaaaaaaaaaaY[/quote']

exactly. this poll needs to be scrubbed and done again.

this new method is far better.

its all down to how much effort we as SM players want to put into the game.

have a read on this, posted it on another thread..

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2451821&postcount=1633

;2451838']exactly. this poll needs to be scrubbed and done again.

have a read on this' date=' posted it on another thread..

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2451821&postcount=1633[/url]

And also please read my reply to the post.

That is your opinion but aparently most of the voting forumers have a different opinion.

So just because people don't agree with you we should have a revote?

But anyway I think that this is how it will be for the foreseeable future. I've sent messages to SM and SW about this poll and as expected I haven't got any response whatsoever.

have a read on this' date=' posted it on another thread..

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2451821&postcount=1633[/url]

Read it and disagree for reasons I have posted before to which you gave no counter.

This method is obviously not far better and the poll on here backs that up.

Why should the poll be done again just because you didn't get the result you would have liked. Your deluded if you think it would be much different if done again:rolleyes:

Read it and disagree for reasons I have posted before to which you gave no counter.

This method is obviously not far better and the poll on here backs that up.

Why should the poll be done again just because you didn't get the result you would have liked. Your deluded if you think it would be much different if done again:rolleyes:

im sorry im not at my screen awaiting your replies. You offered little in the way of a response though.

for a poll reflective the whole SM community 102 votes is still very much a minority.

Do you people go into McDonalds and tell them how to make your burger ?

Do you people tell Nike how you would like your trainers to look like ?

My theory is you either like something and buy it or you don't buy it.

I dont keep eating marmite sandwiches and then keep complaining to marmite saying i don't like it.