PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• I want SM to reintroduce the rating schedule
    • I think the new random rating changes are better

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

I have came across alot of people over my time of playing SM who aren't aware of the forum side of the site. It might be nice updating the graphic userface side of the game but personally if SM made it more clear to users of the game how to get onto the forum and the benefits it could have to them then more people could share their input about the game and other concerns/praise they have.

If you can put a "upgrade button" onto the screen, i think a "forum" button should be next to it. As the help button isn't very useful compared to finding an answer within a forum

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!! Here's a proposition for a rating schedule I think would work just fine. EUROPE Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Ge

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!! And you can prove your guess how? I know as a matter of fact that you're wrong in relation to the way I operate on SM. Never used the SW site either

Do you people go into McDonalds and tell them how to make your burger ?

Do you people tell Nike how you would like your trainers to look like ?

My theory is you either like something and buy it or you don't buy it.

I dont keep eating marmite sandwiches and then keep complaining to marmite saying i don't like it.

Erm, you can't really compare the above to an element of the game which has changed from its original state.

Has Nike ever asked you to manufacture their trainers for them to sell to you? This is no different to SM asking its customers to keep its database up to date.

It's the same as when the player concern system changed for the worse as player concerns were spiralling out of control within weeks of the 'loop holes' being fixed.

The feedback from the forum eventually made SM admit its mistake and revert back to a better concern system.

Do you people go into McDonalds and tell them how to make your burger ?

Do you people tell Nike how you would like your trainers to look like ?

My theory is you either like something and buy it or you don't buy it.

I dont keep eating marmite sandwiches and then keep complaining to marmite saying i don't like it.

The problem with the above examples is that unlike SM, the above corporations would welcome feedback if the consumers felt that the service they were receiving was degenerating and communicate with them. The above corporations conduct market research and ask customers how they feel. How can we give feedback to SM when no process exists? That's why the forum is full of threads like this one. If we had received communication on the direction/changes of the game, threads like this wouldnt need to exist.

;2452282']

for a poll reflective the whole SM community 102 votes is still very much a minority.

A poll will never give an exact answer but at least it gives a pointer of peoples opinion. And that is what a poll is about.

In a political election they just ask a minority of the people about their opinion but it still gives you a pretty good reflection for an entire country or state.

A poll will never give an exact answer but at least it gives a pointer of peoples opinion. And that is what a poll is about.

In a political election they just ask a minority of the people about their opinion but it still gives you a pretty good reflection for an entire country or state.

I'm sure if the pole numbers were the other way around then we would be getting told to just accept things and to go with the flow

The poll pretty much reflects the reality about the review system. And the reality (even if some people don't want to face it... B) ) is that the vast majority of the users don't like the new review system or they think that it's worse than the previous one.

IMO SM has 2 options to improve the situation:

- Find a way to increase dramatically the current speed of the reviews ASAP, or

- Return to the previous system, which of course wasn't perfect, but it was better than the current one. At least with the previous system they were reviewing 4-5 teams per day, instead of 1-2 teams (or random players equivalent to 1-2 teams).

The current situation is just unacceptable.

The poll pretty much reflects the reality about the review system. And the reality (even if some people don't want to face it... B) ) is that the vast majority of the users don't like the new review system or they think that it's worse than the previous one.

IMO SM has 2 options to improve the situation:

- Find a way to increase dramatically the current speed of the reviews ASAP' date=' or

- Return to the previous system, which of course wasn't perfect, but it was better than the current one. At least with the previous system they were reviewing 4-5 teams per day, instead of 1-2 teams (or random players equivalent to 1-2 teams).

The current situation is just unacceptable.[/quote']

I agree SPEED or LACK OF IT is the crucial problem SM need to fix! SW is so slow too (MUST be same people!)

Re: Riferimento: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Old rating schedule >> YES' date=' is better.[/quote']

I agree it was better 12 months ago than the present system, but Glens proposal on post 2 of this thread would please everybody. SW working with a quicker schedule, whether this is announced or not.

Riferimento: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

I think the method used now sucks.

SMFA forget to evaluate the players, puts Busquest to 95 (95!) or mata 93 and forget Subotic (91) Hazard (92) Kompany (93) and Yaya Toure (93)

Yaya Touré named African player of the year for second successive year

and SMFA don't rise Yaya :mad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/20/yaya-toure-african-player-year-city

SMFA evidently forgot to consider Yaya and other players, or don't read newspapers. Shame!

I really don't see the problem with doing things the way they are now. It means that rather than shortlist someone who think may go up in the next few months as you know the Serbian league is due a review you have to take the plunge now. I like the randomness of it all to be honest and will hopefully mean that certain players (a recent example Raheem Sterling) may not be stuck on ridiculously low ratings for months on end.

The SM world and ratings are supposed to more accuratey reflect real life form and talent and I think this is a way of reflecting it. It is afterall the way that IOTP used to run and their ratings were always up to date (it's been years since I played so that may have changed).

I honestly do believe that the only reason people are moaning is beacuse they are upset that they will miss out on some money makers/risers. I myself have missed out on loads as I do not have the funds to complete transfers. Under the old system I would have had plenty of time to save up and get them all. I have just realised that now I have to shop smarter if I want my Stoke side to be able to compete.

I think the method used now sucks.

SMFA forget to evaluate the players' date=' puts Busquest to 95 (95!) or mata 93 and forget Subotic (91) Hazard (92) Kompany (93) and Yaya Toure (93)

[b']Yaya Touré named African player of the year for second successive year[/b]

and SMFA don't rise Yaya :mad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/20/yaya-toure-african-player-year-city

SMFA evidently forgot to consider Yaya and other players, or don't read newspapers. Shame!

I do agree that this is irritating, my suggestion would be someway for people to point out obvious mistakes like this, perhaps on the forum? If this moderated correctly and questions responded to with reasons for non ratings changes this coud work. It would involve some effort from SM though.

As an example of how annoying thiese 'misses' can be I sold Kehl as an 88 thinking the Dortmund team had been completed only to the see him rise to a 90. At 90 he would have gotten into my first team (although I actually think he is worth less at Dortmund now than they paid even with the ratings increase as they have a better average rating so this may work in my favour should I want him back). I did though spend the money on Isco at 87 though so all was not lost.

I really don't see the problem with doing things the way they are now. It means that rather than shortlist someone who think may go up in the next few months as you know the Serbian league is due a review you have to take the plunge now. I like the randomness of it all to be honest and will hopefully mean that certain players (a recent example Raheem Sterling) may not be stuck on ridiculously low ratings for months on end.

The SM world and ratings are supposed to more accuratey reflect real life form and talent and I think this is a way of reflecting it. It is afterall the way that IOTP used to run and their ratings were always up to date (it's been years since I played so that may have changed).

I honestly do believe that the only reason people are moaning is beacuse they are upset that they will miss out on some money makers/risers. I myself have missed out on loads as I do not have the funds to complete transfers. Under the old system I would have had plenty of time to save up and get them all. I have just realised that now I have to shop smarter if I want my Stoke side to be able to compete.

If you read the thread http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=101357&page=109 you will find out alot more of what people are complaining about. It is not all about missing out on risers.

Your post is typical of why people are defending the schedule. You only talk about how you can now get the risers done quicker than before. What about the droppers, what about a balanced database, what about real life teams having some players raise and others not, and still having players who should have dropped etc..

Are people using this new schedule for the good of the game or as a way to improve their own teams???

If you read the thread http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=101357&page=109 you will find out alot more of what people are complaining about. It is not all about missing out on risers.

Your post is typical of why people are defending the schedule. You only talk about how you can now get the risers done quicker than before. What about the droppers' date=' what about a balanced database, what about real life teams having some players raise and others not, and still having players who should have dropped etc..

Are people using this new schedule for the good of the game or as a way to improve their own teams???[/quote']

I am pretty certin I mentioned that this new way will keep the game more up to date and more acurately reflect the real world. Surely that would reflect ratings changes either way? I am pointing out that the only reason people want a schedule is so they can plan who to buy and when so it will suit their team.

I am not sure how my response is 'typical' at all and if it is that is because I understand why it would be better this way. I have also pointed out on another reply how annoying it is when a player or two has been missed and offered a reasonable suggestion to help negate the whining.

I have read through this thread several times and have yet to see a logical argument as to why there should be a schedule other than to help people buy people just before they go up. The idea that a schedule will stop players getting missed is utter rubbish what we need is interaction with the people who run the game to understand more why certain desicions are made and to help rectify errors.

I am pretty certin I mentioned that this new way will keep the game more up to date and more acurately reflect the real world. Surely that would reflect ratings changes either way? I am pointing out that the only reason people want a schedule is so they can plan who to buy and when so it will suit their team.

I am not sure how my response is 'typical' at all and if it is that is because I understand why it would be better this way. I have also pointed out on another reply how annoying it is when a player or two has been missed and offered a reasonable suggestion to help negate the whining.

I have read through this thread several times and have yet to see a logical argument as to why there should be a schedule other than to help people buy people just before they go up. The idea that a schedule will stop players getting missed is utter rubbish what we need is interaction with the people who run the game to understand more why certain desicions are made and to help rectify errors.

finally, someone else who sees it from my angle too

a schedule doesnt work... 5 years on and its been scrapped. there are simply too many teams/leagues to have a 'schedule' and considering when these leagues play through out the year, most have the Sept-May fixture list so a bulk would all need a review at the same time...Nov/Dec & April/May....logically it just cannot be done..

On page 1 is Glenns suggestion, its a nice idea but it impossible. At a count, he mentions 56 leagues to be reviewed (some twice), also he hasnt mentioned Championship, Ligue 2 etc and equvilant level leagues that have been reviewed...

Even at a rate of 20 teams a week (4 teams a day), every week of the year (totalling 1040 teams), its still not time to complete that whole 'review' structure. And with teams getting 'bigger' as the demand for youth players/reserve teams has driven up squad sizes, the daily player rate would have to constantly exceed 150 player edits....its just to much to have a schedule on rotation.

;2460706']finally' date=' someone else who sees it from my angle too

a schedule doesnt work... 5 years on and its been scrapped. there are simply too many teams/leagues to have a 'schedule' and considering when these leagues play through out the year, most have the Sept-May fixture list so a bulk would all need a review at the same time...Nov/Dec & April/May....logically it just cannot be done..

On page 1 is Glenns suggestion, its a nice idea but it impossible. At a count, he mentions 56 leagues to be reviewed (some twice), also he hasnt mentioned Championship, Ligue 2 etc and equvilant level leagues that have been reviewed...

Even at a rate of 20 teams a week (4 teams a day), every week of the year (totalling 1040 teams), its still not time to complete that whole 'review' structure. And with teams getting 'bigger' as the demand for youth players/reserve teams has driven up squad sizes, the daily player rate would have to constantly exceed 150 player edits....its just to much to have a schedule on rotation.[/quote']

Can you and Dazzer please then explain how this system will keep it more up to date as you keep saying? I have said on various threads many times that if SM cannot keep all the players up to date with a schedule, how does doing random players make it quicker? They can only do so many players a day so why is a random system quicker than a schedule?

You say we are only moaning because we dont know when to buy risers, we say you only want it because it gives you the advantage because you can fast track risers to the detriment of an unbalanced database!

Who is going to go on SW and do the droppers?

I do agree that this is irritating' date=' my suggestion would be someway for people to point out obvious mistakes like this, perhaps on the forum? If this moderated correctly and questions responded to with reasons for non ratings changes this coud work. It would involve some effort from SM though.

As an example of how annoying thiese 'misses' can be I sold Kehl as an 88 thinking the Dortmund team had been completed only to the see him rise to a 90. At 90 he would have gotten into my first team (although I actually think he is worth less at Dortmund now than they paid even with the ratings increase as they have a better average rating so this may work in my favour should I want him back). I did though spend the money on Isco at 87 though so all was not lost.[/quote']

how can you blame the schedule for selling a player ? Blame bad judgement.b:p

i agree with the new method as well' date=' People are complaining that not as many teams are getting done per day but i'm sure thats down to the teams having far more players nowadays.[/quote']

I agree there are more players are on the database, did we expand it? Should SM not have put more resources to it? How is this schedule better? How is it faster? How does it work?

I agree there are more players are on the database' date=' did we expand it? Should SM not have put more resources to it? How is this schedule better? How is it faster? How does it work?[/quote']

I never said it was faster, but im sure no matter what sm does there is always somebody moaning. Even with the old schedule people still complained.

I never said it was faster' date=' but im sure no matter what sm does there is always somebody moaning. Even with the old schedule people still complained.[/quote']

So why is it better? Your quite right, the old system wasn't great, so why replace it with something that doesn't improve the speed?

So why is it better? Your quite right' date=' the old system wasn't great, so why replace it with something that doesn't improve the speed?[/quote']

No schedule stops the whole setup buying Mexicans one week then everyone buys Columbians the week after ect... We all know what that means ? People might have to decide who to buy all by themselves. Imagine that .

No schedule stops the whole setup buying Mexicans one week then everyone buys Columbians the week after ect... We all know what that means ? People might have to decide who to buy all by themselves. Imagine that .

Agree, it forces everyone to do their own scouting and not just bid on a player you know nothing about simply because 3 others teams bidded on him.