PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Glenn Hysén

PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• I want SM to reintroduce the rating schedule
    • I think the new random rating changes are better

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Your words are marked. So how long will it take for the big 5 to be reviewed next time? To get them up to date by June' date=' when will they have to start? What about my point about the players who have been raised 'randomly' still having to be checked in a league review, and that it slows the rate at which 'teams' are done? That they can only do so many players in a day?[/quote']

well it looks like Portugal possibly has begun, so see how long that takes, the voting has begun so i dont expect any changes tomorrow as with the EPL the voting was done a few days before the ratings started transferring across...

BUT again, all the height, weight, full names and positions have to be collated, plus some of the squads are massive as they contain an A & B side so effectively '4 teams'

so that could offer some guidance, as we have seen some players from Porto & Benfica have recently risen beforehand, then again it will be the same as the Top 5, next time will be more efficient no doubt as less data to collate.

;2466114']well it looks like Portugal possibly has begun' date=' so see how long that takes, the voting has begun so i dont expect any changes tomorrow as with the EPL the voting was done a few days before the ratings started transferring across...

BUT again, all the height, weight, full names and positions have to be collated, plus some of the squads are massive as they contain an A & B side so effectively '4 teams'

so that could offer some guidance, as we have seen some players from Porto & Benfica have recently risen beforehand, then again it will be the same as the Top 5, next time will be more efficient no doubt as less data to collate.[/quote']

I agree, nobody knows how long a league review will take, no explanation or guidelines issued by SM. Why not?

What about my question on doing the random players again in a league review. Surely stats are checked when height etc. is changed to see if they warrant a rise? This is what we are seeing. They then have to check them again in a review when this comes along. Alot of players have risen from Portugal in the last few weeks, will these will be checked again in the league review? This must slow down the amount of changes seen over a period. 1 player checked twice in a short period could have been 2 players changed.

;2465930']of course' date=' but its just a hint, it is minor, its a snapshot of the forums opinions when you did the poll 19 days ago, and as people cant change there original opinion in may not be accurate of there feeling now.. we could ask 10 or 1000 people now, and see what there opinion is and do it again in a week, month, year...it will always be different. And now the SW system is changing a bit more, perceptions will be different in all those time frames.[/quote']

You're right about that a result surely would show some varies but in this case it's such a clear majority of voters that aren't happy with the new way of reviewing so I doubt that it would turn that drasticly.

I don't know which way is most effective when it comes to speed but I suspect (without knowing) the reviewers will have a hard time to keep track of when a player should have his review done to keep the time frame somewhat regular. And I fear that this will lead to that you will find some players that hasn't been reviewed for a very long time while some players will have been reviewed quite often.

I'm aware that this is kind of like the old system with the difference that it now will be players from many random teams/leagues that will be forgotten instead of a full league.

And when it comes to the choice of "randomly forgotten" vs a "full league forgotten" I choose they "forget" a full league.

I agree' date=' nobody knows how long a league review will take, no explanation or guidelines issued by SM. Why not?

What about my question on doing the random players again in a league review. Surely stats are checked when height etc. is changed to see if they warrant a rise? This is what we are seeing. They then have to check them again in a review when this comes along. Alot of players have risen from Portugal in the last few weeks, will these will be checked again in the league review? This must slow down the amount of changes seen over a period. 1 player checked twice in a short period could have been 2 players changed.[/quote']

sorry i dont completely understand, you mean check there height/weight stuff again? id doubt that as to the right of the profile gives the date of the previous review so a quick glance, if its current/recent id say they would leave it and move on? Alex Sandro was on the voting again today, and i edited him a week or so ago, with no rise but they altered his Full Name (which i swear i did when i did it) so he has been checked again and will most likely rise....

But Jackson Martinez, Moutinho, Garay amongst others didnt appear again so i guess they will be left for now..

You're right about that a result surely would show some varies but in this case it's such a clear majority of voters that aren't happy with the new way of reviewing so I doubt that it would turn that drasticly.

I don't know which way is most effective when it comes to speed but I suspect (without knowing) the reviewers will have a hard time to keep track of when a player should have his review done to keep the time frame somewhat regular. And I fear that this will lead to that you will find some players that hasn't been reviewed for a very long time while some players will have been reviewed quite often.

I'm aware that this is kind of like the old system with the difference that it now will be players from many random teams/leagues that will be forgotten instead of a full league.

And when it comes to the choice of "randomly forgotten" vs a "full league forgotten" I choose they "forget" a full league.

but at least now we can at least 'prompt' them with players who are deserving of a rise/drop...

unlike before when players were left for years in some cases...

;2466187']but at least now we can at least 'prompt' them with players who are deserving of a rise/drop...

unlike before when players were left for years in some cases...

Yes, and that's an upside. :)

But the downside is the players that won't get "prompted" and I guess these will be the players that isn't in for a rise.

I know that you work systematicly and update full teams but both you and I know that most people use the "prompting" in ways that favor their teams. ;)

Yes' date=' and that's an upside. :)

But the downside is the players that won't get "prompted" and I guess these will be the players that isn't in for a rise.

I know that you work systematicly and update full teams but both you and I know that most people use the "prompting" in ways that favor their teams. ;)[/quote']

yes that is true, but then that will encourage more scouting to find more risers which in turn contributes to a more up to date database!

and if you want to be really cheeky on your rivals, you could suggest droppers too....

well i think and hope so! i have roped a couple of forumers to do a project so we will see how that goes...

;2466221']yes that is true' date=' but then that will encourage more scouting to find more risers which in turn contributes to a more up to date database!

and if you want to be really cheeky on your rivals, you could suggest droppers too....

well i think and hope so! i have roped a couple of forumers to do a project so we will see how that goes...[/quote']

Good luck with that!

I hope it leads to something good.

;2466221']

this is why i possibly sometimes fail to reply to you' date=' you again fail to provide any proof. What facts have i made up? where are the answers to questions i have asked of you? you skit around it once again. I didnt try to twist anything, i was merely following up on what you stated. You have said its lame as you know i have a point. Of course more 90 players are available than the past - bigger database, more equally rated leagues, emergence of the Bundesliga & Ligue 1 in European football, Ukraine, Russia pumping millions into clubs and developing players look at Zenit, Shaktar case examples....there are plenty of other reasons why there are more 90 players..[/quote']

Of course I dont have statistics and other factual evidence from over 4 years ago back when I first started. Funnily enough I didn't join the game thinking right I must record everything that happens because A) SM will let the game deteriorate year on year and B) that this would need to be explained to idiots who although arn't playing the game now would swear blindly that the game in the future was better:rolleyes:

You have no Point and your twisting was lame and showed you still don't understand. If what I say is above your head you best not comment on it :)

What's a bigger database got to do with? Are you trying to say they wern't including all the top players in the past:rolleyes: You still dont get that it doesn't matter if a billionaire took over every club in the world pumping millions in improving the standard of football it still needs to be relative to the ranking system in game. 99 or 100 is the top ceiling so it doesnt matter if the standard of world football keeps rising it can't continue to rise in game.

;2466221'] It is free! you clearly dont use it do you! If SM/SW whoever do have any business acumen' date=' they will eventually make it subscription based! Once it is a stable and developed system, i cannot see why they wouldnt charge. You get to see who will rise etc before everyone else and just look that the forum they have a eager market out there already, those who would love to see how the upcoming risers are! Id hate to see that day though...I was with SM from day dot, but i bet that was completely free to start with.....gold management came later i bet...but im not sure unless someone can let us know what happened in the beginning..[/quote']

Duh..I know its free I was commenting on the ridiculousness of you pointing out SW is free. Of course its free - who in their right mind would pay them money to do their work... and now you think they should charge and it be acceptable as a tool for advantage in game.

;2466221']

Just because they work in tandem has no link they are the same. I use a Kenwood toaster to make toast with Hovis bread but if the bread is bad thats not a fault with Kenwoods toaster is it? Or i put Duracell batteries in my Stanley torch' date=' it the batts are faulty, thats not Stanleys problem is it? mad comparisons i know but its a comaprison to try and put across what im saying..

[/quote']

No its Hovis fault but yours if you keep buying it. Your analogy doesn't really work though as you know. You don't have to buy Hovis. Your Kenwood toaster doesn't only function with Hovis bread. We now have to rely on SM nomination of SW as we have no alternative. The buck still stops at SM's door if things go wrong. They in due turn would take things up with their sub contracter SW, but that is of little concern to SM's paying customers and not their problem.

;2466221'] How do you know this? have you seen there accounts? balance sheets? employee numbers? your guessing....

What? I'm guessing that they have more revenue streams than when I first started? That should be obvious to even you in the time that you have been here.

;2466221']

oh i have a stat for you....68 players from Porto and Benfica - so you cry out for a review' date=' now it looks like we are getting one...still no pleasing some folk though..... plus quite a few more from Russia, Belgium, Brazil, Romania...and before you come on tomorrow and say why nothing changed, well if you familiarised yourself with SW, the edits can take a week to move across fully, as we all saw with the EPL changes.

delays over the last days.....prehaps the epic backlog of edits? i just had some cleared from December 8th. For those of us using SW - your clearly not - we have seen a delay in edits being processed as there has been so many, but credit the have finally caught up....look at the daily edit, there are still players been done from the transfer window!

Sorry no 'stats' for you on that though, but ask any of the other admins and they will say the same thing![/quote']

I have used SW actually though merely to test out how I think it's a tool for in game advantage. 2 players edited by me both got raise's but none of the edits I gave them got updated like nationality and correct name. Now thats only two instances and could be put down to coincidence that I managed to help manipulate the database for my own gain. You however admitted that something like 40% of your edits get changed which is from a far larger pool of editing. Even at a 40% success rate or less its a great tool to help get an unfair advantage in game. I also saw on another post your now recommending using it another way to by editing droppers on your rivals. Clap clap clap, well done your really helping the game out by advocating such things:rolleyes:

;2465920']just wow. the power of debate. the weak choose to ignore the main points and try to belittle the minor points. theres 'having a pop' and then there is using slander to try and create a negative view of someone' date=' and in a public forum, just so big.

from now on il just refrain from replying to your posts.[/quote']

Its not slander to seperate the fact from fiction in your fairy storys..

You didn't expect me to sit back and take the pathetic remarks about how I'm only against the new reviewing system because i'm missing out on risers and that it's harming a GW of mine did you without response? You don't see me crying about such slanderous allergations on my good character ( :o:D) and that If you don't stop I'll run and tell on you to get you censored:rolleyes:

"the weak choose to ignore the main points and try to belittle the minor points"

More nonsensical rubbish from you that has no substance. Do you actually stop to listen to yourself? because if you did we might not have to.

I don't care if you reply to my posts or not, never have never will :) I'll still point out fact from fiction on yours though should I feel like it.

It's like it never happened

What happened?

Exactly :)

I'm not sure but the thread is almost complete again. The only thing missing is the posts after the thread was partly deleted but since these posts add nothing to this discussion it really doesn't matter.

JMH, you mentioned the thread were in danger of being deleted if the missing posts were added again. Is that still the case?

I'm not sure but the thread is almost complete again. The only thing missing is the posts after the thread was partly deleted but since these posts add nothing to this discussion it really doesn't matter.

JMH' date=' you mentioned the thread were in danger of being deleted if the missing posts were added again. Is that still the case?[/quote']

no idea! this is nothing to do with me, whatever was said since i explained the thread was cleaned up must of contained stuff that someone else wasnt happy with, as i havent seen the thread since yesterday i dont know what the deal is.

When this poll was created it should've had a closing date to get a snapshot in time for a certain timespan. Then another should've been created a few months later under the same conditions to gauge opinion. A poll that is left open is worthless. What if I had originally voted yes but now like how it's done?

Even though this thread has 10 pages of posts it doesn't mean it's a busy thread as all I see are the same people continually posting. So it's a minority of opinions and looking at their posts they look like serial complainers. If those other 130 odd people feel so strongly about it why aren't we seeing them post?

The only sensible posts I see are from [JMH] so those reading this thread should take the time to read his/her posts. As for the serial complainers we all know that people like them will complain about anything in life....

When this poll was created it should've had a closing date to get a snapshot in time for a certain timespan. Then another should've been created a few months later under the same conditions to gauge opinion. A poll that is left open is worthless. What if I had originally voted yes but now like how it's done?

Even though this thread has 10 pages of posts it doesn't mean it's a busy thread as all I see are the same people continually posting. So it's a minority of opinions and looking at their posts they look like serial complainers. If those other 130 odd people feel so strongly about it why aren't we seeing them post?

The only sensible posts I see are from [JMH] so those reading this thread should take the time to read his/her posts. As for the serial complainers we all know that people like them will complain about anything in life....

Way to go being judgemental towards basicallly everyone :rolleyes:

And who said anything about all voters feel strongly about their opinion?

Maybe they just vote to give their opinion without the urge to put it in writing?

And you really don't see 27 different people express they feel strongly for the new way of ratings, do you?

And as for sensible posts I feel that yours is not one of them.

I think it's shocking that we haven't had some kind of response from SM about the current simulation, more so with how 1 sided the poll results is. What do users of the game have to do, They are happy for us to spend hours updating SW but if we question that system we are made to feel like out casts.

Now personally i don't care about the time it takes to review the big leagues as you expect it to be done. Otherwise 90% of the users who are in control of them teams would be moaning about the lack of updates. It's the smaller leagues that make me worry with the direction in which this game is heading.

I have no real interest in managing a big club, my goal when i've taken over my teams is to take them to the top and compete with the big boys. I enjoy snapping up the lowly bargain players who will rise due to them playing countless minutes in Slovakia or Iran, as i can set my budget to buy some then when a review came along they would rise and i could sell on as profit.

Now with them removing the rating schedule, that doesn't change my method in how i'd look for bargain players. But my fear is without a rating schedule players in lower leagues may never get fully reviewed. What makes it even worse is when players like Herman Stengel who's 17 of stabaek IF rose today from 75 to 80. What about the rest of this team are they just going to be forgotten about? Same can be said for thorgan hazard he got reviewed this month and is playing in Belgium on loan, the old system would of had him reviewed when it was the Belgium review. What about the rest of his team? Instead it seems to be just cherry picking one or two players how is that fair? why is it just selecting them players, is it down to age, promising stars, SM hype factor? or do people have them on a 100 superstar list and keep on trying to get them reviewed on SW?

I feel the direction of the game is moving towards focusing on the big leagues and the superstars of the game. I'm sure stats will show 60 players from Portugal or Serbia had some review today, but for me that is just masking the problem.

When SM introduced the player concerns which i thought was a fab idea as it would stop player hogging, the boards were hammered from people who had big clubs saying how unhappy they were, SM listened(that thread wasn't hidden in Miscellaneous either) and introduced the option of you removing the concerns with a upfront bonus. Something that only really people at the big clubs could afford in the long run resulting in them keeping all their star players, so they are happy again.

It's this same market of players i feel SM is focused on keeping happy. So future rating schedules will depict that, focusing on the big clubs or promising players as the users have them within their teams. Or if someone from Mexico is linked to Manchester United then he will be reviewed as alot of people are buying him and then hitting SW for his review change.

I thought to myself a few weeks ago, if i joined up today with all the changes would i stick around. Sadly i don't think i would of in the long run, as unless your at a big club it would just be pointless now.

This quote was taken from a mod within the Are you going to renew your gold account thread, but it sums up this thread as well and with how alot of us feel.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=147887

drseanfitz

the idea of random rating evaluations would work well alongside a properly structured rating review, but that doesn't happen.

and the SMFA reversal/blockings drove me to quit nearly all of my teams in worlds monitored by the SMFA.

Personally think SM have arsed up with a lot of their recent changes, would love to say that I have the confidence in SM to turn it around, but not too sure they will anytime soon

You complained about lack of sensible posts in this thread and then you post something like this. :rolleyes::eek::confused:

I take it the horsemen are not coming then as I thought that no rating schedule (reading the posts within this thread) has spelled the destruction of SM?

I take it the horsemen are not coming then as I thought that no rating schedule (reading the posts within this thread) has spelled the destruction of SM?

I don't even know what you're talking about... A forum is about expressing your thoughts and opinions and that's what I think you should do instead of posting sarcastic nonsence.

I think it's shocking that we haven't had some kind of response from SM about the current simulation' date=' more so with how 1 sided the poll results is. What do users of the game have to do, They are happy for us to spend hours updating SW but if we question that system we are made to feel like out casts.

Now personally i don't care about the time it takes to review the big leagues as you expect it to be done. Otherwise 90% of the users who are in control of them teams would be moaning about the lack of updates. It's the smaller leagues that make me worry with the direction in which this game is heading.

I have no real interest in managing a big club, my goal when i've taken over my teams is to take them to the top and compete with the big boys. I enjoy snapping up the lowly bargain players who will rise due to them playing countless minutes in Slovakia or Iran, as i can set my budget to buy some then when a review came along they would rise and i could sell on as profit.

Now with them removing the rating schedule, that doesn't change my method in how i'd look for bargain players. But my fear is without a rating schedule players in lower leagues may never get fully reviewed. What makes it even worse is when players like Herman Stengel who's 17 of stabaek IF rose today from 75 to 80. What about the rest of this team are they just going to be forgotten about? Same can be said for thorgan hazard he got reviewed this month and is playing in Belgium on loan, the old system would of had him reviewed when it was the Belgium review. What about the rest of his team? Instead it seems to be just cherry picking one or two players how is that fair? why is it just selecting them players, is it down to age, promising stars, SM hype factor? or do people have them on a 100 superstar list and keep on trying to get them reviewed on SW?

I feel the direction of the game is moving towards focusing on the big leagues and the superstars of the game. I'm sure stats will show 60 players from Portugal or Serbia had some review today, but for me that is just masking the problem.

When SM introduced the player concerns which i thought was a fab idea as it would stop player hogging, the boards were hammered from people who had big clubs saying how unhappy they were, SM listened(that thread wasn't hidden in Miscellaneous either) and introduced the option of you removing the concerns with a upfront bonus. Something that only really people at the big clubs could afford in the long run resulting in them keeping all their star players, so they are happy again.

It's this same market of players i feel SM is focused on keeping happy. So future rating schedules will depict that, focusing on the big clubs or promising players as the users have them within their teams. Or if someone from Mexico is linked to Manchester United then he will be reviewed as alot of people are buying him and then hitting SW for his review change.

I thought to myself a few weeks ago, if i joined up today with all the changes would i stick around. Sadly i don't think i would of in the long run, as unless your at a big club it would just be pointless now.

This quote was taken from a mod within the Are you going to renew your gold account thread, but it sums up this thread as well and with how alot of us feel.

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=147887[/url]

Totally agree.

Like you, I like the challenge of improving a lower league team. You say you have no interest in the big leagues, i understand your point but when you have got your small team to certain level, you need players rated 87-90 to improve further, these have to come from the bigger leagues.

The reason I have questioned the speed of the big leagues is because these are the ones that are usually updated most often. If they cannot get these done at a decent speed, how can they get to the smaller leagues to review them completely?

I am still struggling to see how the league by league review will be able to keep up using the new system. Using the big 5 leagues as an example, France was done in November, we haven't seen a league outside the big 5 been done completely since, when will it be done again with so many leagues still requiring updates?

We have had the transfer window being used as an excuse for the slow ratings, this was only for 1 month, what about the summer period which is 3 months long and more players usually move in this period? We need leagues to be done in days not weeks to get things moving, how many leagues have been done since the transfer shut 3 weeks ago?

Totally agree.

Like you' date=' I like the challenge of improving a lower league team. You say you have no interest in the big leagues, i understand your point but when you have got your small team to certain level, you need players rated 87-90 to improve further, these have to come from the bigger leagues.

The reason I have questioned the speed of the big leagues is because these are the ones that are usually updated most often. If they cannot get these done at a decent speed, how can they get to the smaller leagues to review them completely?

I am still struggling to see how the league by league review will be able to keep up using the new system. Using the big 5 leagues as an example, France was done in November, we haven't seen a league outside the big 5 been done completely since, when will it be done again with so many leagues still requiring updates?

We have had the transfer window being used as an excuse for the slow ratings, this was only for 1 month, what about the summer period which is 3 months long and more players usually move in this period? We need leagues to be done in days not weeks to get things moving, how many leagues have been done since the transfer shut 3 weeks ago?[/quote']

I agree with your point once you get to a higher level players from the bigger leagues come more into focus for you. It just that at the moment with the speed in which the league reviews are taking place, as you rightly say when will they get round to reviewing smaller leagues.

I just can't see it fully happening at the moment other than random player risers more so players who are on a top 100 list or something.

I personally feel 90% of users aren't bother about the rating schedule because they aren't in charge of clubs to which them reviews will influence their squads. You can just look at most gameworlds where people are only interested in having the big clubs, then snapping up all the best players.

So why would they be bothered about a rating schedule, if it was Poland or Iran to be reviewed, it's never going to effect them. They have array of current superstars in their teams and will only notice changes when their players start to dip.

We just need some honesty from SM with the direction they want to take the game. If in a years time it's to just focus on the top leagues/players when it comes to reviews then at least we know where we stand.

Have a look at the poll and posts on this thread.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=147887

This is just for the last couple of days. An up to date 'snapshot' of how people feel about the new system. Any comments?