PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

Glenn Hysén

PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• I want SM to reintroduce the rating schedule
    • I think the new random rating changes are better

Re: PLEASE SM - Reintroduce the rating schedule!!

needless to say it boils down to a system where there is a set schedule and where the tidying up stuff gets done. I do think all parties can be satisfied here. :)

Totally agree. Been said many times that SW added to a schedule would be great.

Also been said many times that an explanation of the system is required to stop the frustration seen on the forum.

The move to stop hoarding is understandable but as you say this will always happen as the Big teams have the funds to do this. Actually I am seeing this happen more because the big teams are blanket buying players from big clubs rather than waiting for the league announcement. The latest changes don't affect the big clubs.

I would estimate that 95% of SM players manage teams that include players that are rated 85 or above in their first teams, these players are only found in the top leagues. Why are we building the ratings system for the minority? The fact that a player in Outer Mongolia now gets 2 ratings a year rather than 1 every 2 years means nothing to the vast majority of players. The fact that a team from Inner Mongolia has been added also means nothing to them.

How do they even know it has happened?

;2592273']

your clutching at straws here

in fact' date=' why not put yourself forward to come help admin before you make all these ridiculous assumptions.

surprised you havent actually labelled it another one of your conspiracy theories to be honest.[/quote']

[JMH]

SW is free. No adverts. And according to the Devs, they are seperate entities. So why would SM fund SW? unless you can show me how and were the two brands are linked in anyway, i cant see how they are effectively the same bunch of people running it..

I guess from them posts if i said that both Soccer manager and Soccerwiki were both owned by Soccermanager Ltd, i'd be laughed at and it was all part of some conspiracy?

But then again after a 35 second search on goggle for information about domain names, it wouldn't show these two separate entities are joined together, they wouldn't share the same registrant data. It would be two different company's wouldn't it? like soccermanager ltd and soccerwiki ltd, that would make sense if they were two different entities. Now this information anyone can access on the web so it's nothing secret nor hidden. As you can find out who owns any website, how much the site is worth and how much traffic it gets daily/weekly

Soccermanager domain info

Domain name: SOCCERMANAGER.COM

Registrant: Soccer Manager Ltd

Soccerwiki domain info

Domain ID D162165139-LROR

Domain Name:SOCCERWIKI.ORG

Registrant Name:Soccer Manager Ltd

Registrant Organization:Soccer Manager Ltd

links

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=soccerwiki.org&prog_id=godaddy&isc=cjcdplink

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=PTNnu91EkGnUY4UC/efcPPRAvIxuiBvmYx8OP/4+cE2IriLGb4HsMciq3yNRt/MrPqeQi01KUmA=&domain=soccermanager.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

how's that for a theory?

Soccermanager domain info

Domain name: SOCCERMANAGER.COM

Registrant: Soccer Manager Ltd

Soccerwiki domain info

Domain ID D162165139-LROR

Domain Name:SOCCERWIKI.ORG

Registrant Name:Soccer Manager Ltd

Registrant Organization:Soccer Manager Ltd

Well done, point proven KeyserSoze! Why don't they listen & respond to people who know about this game, long time users/ customers. Rather than trying to shoot their views down all the time :) think YOU should take over SW & SORT IT OUT! More chance of it working then.

Only 13% of respondents like the new option....yet no action will be taken?

I remember the days when the SM 'vision' was to be the best free online soccer manager game, and the developers listened to what the customers wanted

I am not going to read all of the below - the fact I have never seen a "Get rid of the database announcements" and 86%+ of replies here want it re-introduced should be enough feedback for the devs.

I for one will never pay for gold until this is re-introduced.

Hi Guys,

We have been reading this thread and ii's an interesting discussion.

I'd like to address some of the points raised.

1) Its now harder for smaller clubs.

Not quite sure this is true. It has always been harder for smaller clubs. The bigger clubs have always started off with better players, more money, bigger stadiums and fans and in the top divisions so had more TV Revenue etc.............................

6) Better players available

The resulting changes should benefit everyone in a GW. There should be more good players getting traded and available instead of sitting at a club doing nothing, because the club does not have to sell them because they have so much cash. More good players available will benefit all clubs (especially smaller ones who currently have nothing to buy) and make for a far more interesting game.

This also means that the stadium sizes don't have to be in kilter as there should be more good risers/youths to pick from to make some cash.

that's the biggest amount of ......... i have ever saw in a post from an official here . I belive there is some developer that doesn't have nothing constructive to do and to justify his paycheck make's this kind of "upgrades" . Everybody is screaming about a new game engine and the rating schedule , but they decide to chance the dispaly 4 times per year and to do some stupid changes that eventualy are removed ( News Feed , as main page ) . way to go SM

yes well done on providing a small insignificant link and skirting around the whole issue.

& Ian, i suggest you do read 'all the below' then youll get a sense in why the is a debate over the changes, what worked/didnt work and ultimate why it possibly was changed

im not say the poll is wrong, but i wouldnt put it past people that voted before may have changed there mind

cannot get my head around why people cant see why the league ratings schedules were dropped foe the benefit of the game and leveling the field for all, im pretty sure its been explained pretty clearly.

i for one would love to see some squads of those opposed to these changes.....it would tell the story in itself over possibly why they would be against it...

its a dead issue now anyway.

This was posted on 29-4

The real question here is' date=' does SM control SW?[/b']

If so, then SM are the ones who should have the final approval on changes, taking the community votes as guide only.

If not, then SW has the power to completely ruin the SM experience with unrealistic, untimely, and biased updates by any 'organized' batch of users.

There needs to be a pre-approved and scheduled approach to updating the top 5 European leagues as they are the core of this game (or any football game for that matter). They are the main attraction of the game and I'm sure they draw the highest number of users. Having a set number of leagues (the top divisions in Spain, Germany, England, Italy, and France) would make planning for scheduled updates a practical possibility. The community would then be responsible for all other league updates, which even if malicious, would not hugely affect the integrity of the game.

I would really appreciate it if one of the Devs/Admins/Managers of SM gave us a brief explanation on how the SM/SW model works highlighting how the update approval system works.

Then this on 2-5

Again' date=' I'm asking someone who represents SM/SW to officially explain how the system works. It's not about rating schedules anymore, it is much more fundamental. This is the core of the game.[/quote']

Still waiting for an Official statement from SM regrading this after 3 weeks. It has to be clearly stated how the SM-SW is connected for the community to be helpful. I believe it is a good system, but transparency is crucial for crowdsourcing to succeed. By succeed I mean having accurate, relevant, and timely updates and not just random players from obscure leagues like people are listing in the thread.

I still hold a strong opinion that even if the SW 'idea' is brilliant and is the best option for the future of the game, they need for scheduled summer/winter updates for the top 5 leagues is crucial. A season review and a mid season review of 98 teams is certainly possible.

This was posted on 29-4

Then this on 2-5

Still waiting for an Official statement from SM regrading this after 3 weeks. It has to be clearly stated how the SM-SW is connected for the community to be helpful. I believe it is a good system' date=' but transparency is crucial for crowdsourcing to succeed. By succeed I mean having accurate, relevant, and timely updates and not just random players from obscure leagues like people are listing in the thread.

I still hold a strong opinion that even if the SW 'idea' is brilliant and is the best option for the future of the game, they need for scheduled summer/winter updates for the top 5 leagues is crucial. A season review and a mid season review of 98 teams is certainly possible.[/quote']

IMO i think they will still look over the top 5 leagues periodically, we will all find out over the summer

but

you wont get a statement from them as they dont view/have any use for the SM forum.

;2592589']

im not say the poll is wrong' date=' but i wouldnt put it past people that voted before may have changed there mind

[/quote']

I think there should be a new poll to gage current opinion, though it would probably need to have a few options this time as personally although I would prefer the rating schedule to be introduced I would prefer even more if they did but kept it to themselves so as to avoid spoon feeding as much as possible.

I think there should be a new poll to gage current opinion' date=' though it would probably need to have a few options this time as personally although I would prefer the rating schedule to be introduced I would prefer even more if they did but kept it to themselves so as to avoid spoon feeding as much as possible.[/quote']

If you think there should be a new poll then I suggest you create one. I don't mind and it could be interesting to see how much these polls will differ from each other.

If you think there should be a new poll then I suggest you create one. I don't mind and it could be interesting to see how much these polls will differ from each other.

Yeah I don't mind doing it I just didn't want to step on your patch ;):)

Before I do, this is a suggestion of what I will put up for vote

Something like...

5 months on from the Reintroduce the rating schedule Poll what is your opinion now?

(1) Reintroduce a Rating Schedule and post it on the game for all to see

(2) Reintroduce a Rating Schedule but keep it out of the public domain

(3) Stick with a random riser approach

just posting this up quickly as I want my lunch :o

So suggestions/improvements before it goes live would be useful so as to get the best possible results in gaging peoples opinions :)

Yeah I don't mind doing it I just didn't want to step on your patch ;):)

Before I do' date=' this is a suggestion of what I will put up for vote

Something like...

5 months on from the Reintroduce the rating schedule Poll what is your opinion now?

just posting this up quickly as I want my lunch :o

So suggestions/improvements before it goes live would be useful so as to get the best possible results in gaging peoples opinions :)[/quote']

Maybe you could change "Rating Schedule" to "League by League review", at least for option #2.

Maybe you could change "Rating Schedule" to "League by League review"' date=' at least for option #2.[/quote']

I agree with this. I dont think a rating schedule can work with the number of leagues on the game. But if they at least did a league by league review it would update all players at the same time instead of just randomly which i hate. Doing league by league would also be flexible as there is no schedule so imo it is the best of both worlds.

I agree with this. I dont think a rating schedule can work with the number of leagues on the game. But if they at least did a league by league review it would update all players at the same time instead of just randomly which i hate. Doing league by league would also be flexible as there is no schedule so imo it is the best of both worlds.

you'll get a conflict though' date=' if you go league by league, do you:

keep it in an order so when you do the final one go back to the start?(effectively a schedule)

OR

make it random?

more to the point, where on earth do you start! and what kind of order would you have!

league by league - team by team - player by player - would take [b']years[/b] though...so many new leagues have been added recently...due to demand of SM players from around the globe whose countries were previously unrepresented.

and then what happens with leagues that were viewed more than once a year - you have to fit them in around it too.

was thinking about viable solutions today,

maybe go contintent by contintent?

another one could be to take a leaf out of Championship Manager's book.

Scrap player reviews on a daily basis and replace it with 6 monthly or Yearly database updates.....would be very controversial!

;2593196']you'll get a conflict though' date=' if you go league by league, do you:

keep it in an order so when you do the final one go back to the start?(effectively a schedule)

OR

make it random?

more to the point, where on earth do you start! and what kind of order would you have!

league by league - team by team - player by player - would take [b']years[/b] though...so many new leagues have been added recently...due to demand of SM players from around the globe whose countries were previously unrepresented.

and then what happens with leagues that were viewed more than once a year - you have to fit them in around it too.

was thinking about viable solutions today, another one could be to take a leaf out of Championship Manager's book.

Scrap player reviews on a daily basis and replace it with 6 monthly or Yearly database updates.....

I would do big 4 leagues then random leagues then big 4 leagues 6 months later and keep going like that. To be honest, there is no perfect way of doing it so I wont pretend my way would be the most effective, its just the way I'd prefer it.

The only way that I see SM's reviews becoming a lot quicker would be to just get rid of the more obscure leagues such as Ecuador and places more obscure than that. I'd have no problem with that. Some might say its harsh but there really isnt any need in having so many leagues on the database. IMO the benefits outweigh the negatives. It may disappoint the odd kid in Thailand or whatever but it would make a lot more people happy I think.

Btw, I dont see this EVER happening

EDIT: Continent by continent seems a decent idea, similar to what they had before though I think

IMO the top 4/5 leagues will still be periodically reviewed, as we saw over winter.

but define the top 4/5.. Brazil is now regarded as the 5 best league in the world, I think Russia is a top league due to financial power and Continental club performance...thats another debate for another part of the forum!

Ecuador not a good example to drop one of the improving nations in world football, but i see your point. It would be hard to distinguish what leagues should just be left alone though - although i think leagues like Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia are a bit unnecessary...maybe the league should just have a 'soft' cap of 74/75 and all players in it just have the same rating regardless of minutes etc, prehaps an exception for International players & youth players ie under 21.....? a bit unfair but a solution as they arent going to set the world alight in a weak domestic league...

Cant wait for Gibraltar league now they are allowed to compete in International competition :D

(im kidding)

;2593196']

league by league - team by team - player by player - would take years though...so many new leagues have been added recently...due to demand of SM players from around the globe whose countries were previously unrepresented.

The only way that I see SM's reviews becoming a lot quicker would be to just get rid of the more obscure leagues such as Ecuador and places more obscure than that. I'd have no problem with that. Some might say its harsh but there really isnt any need in having so many leagues on the database. IMO the benefits outweigh the negatives. It may disappoint the odd kid in Thailand or whatever but it would make a lot more people happy I think.

Who are these SM users who have demanded the introduction of the obscure leagues around the world? They must surely be a significant minority.

I go back to my earlier point, 95% of users are only interested in the top 30/40 Leagues of the world.

Is it more important to have all the players in the world on the Database, or a smaller database with all it's players up to date?

Who are these SM users who have demanded the introduction of the obscure leagues around the world? They must surely be a significant minority.

I go back to my earlier point' date=' 95% of users are only interested in the top 30/40 Leagues of the world.

Is it more important to have all the players in the world on the Database, or a smaller database with all it's players up to date?[/quote']

believe me its not significant.

A fairly substantial Middle East/Asian/Far Eastern community out there you know.

Look at all the new language forums that have cropped up...

Something like...

So suggestions/improvements before it goes live would be useful so as to get the best possible results in gaging peoples opinions :)

How about

Top Leagues done by League by League review, smaller leagues done by random review.

;2593252']believe me its not significant.

A fairly substantial Middle East/Asian/Far Eastern community out there you know.

Look at all the new language forums that have cropped up...

Point taken, just wondering how many people actually manage Teams from the obscure leagues.

;2592607']IMO i think they will still look over the top 5 leagues periodically' date=' we will all find out over the summer

but

you wont get a statement from them as they dont view/have any use for the SM forum.[/quote']

Perhaps they should listen to their customers - i.e. the 86% who want it re-introduced.

I bet if we did a vote that said

Which of the following would you like

a) The Angolan and Zimbabwean 1st Divisions included

OR

B) The return of a proper ratings schedule

I know which ones the vast majority of players of SM would choose.

They don' want a schedule for one reason and one reason only - because it means they have to do all the work, and stick to the schedule - whereas if they allow US to do their work for them on Soccerwiki they can sit back and take the cash with zero effort apart from adding the odd stupid feature that no-one uses - for example - do people HONESTLY use the "Assistant Manager report"? REALLY? If you can't tell that a 94 rated player is better than a 84 rated player in same position you need testing.

The point is - stop adding stupid features that no-one will use and re-implement the schedule for one of the most fun areas of the game - scouting!

This is my pet hate with SW. As I can see what it want to be, it's more or less a massive online championship manager data editor. The idea of it where all users keep the information upto data for all players world wide and thats when the problem starts. The pattern seems to be that people just want to keep the biggest teams and players upto date. Nothing wrong with that as that what SW allows, but it's not community driven, it's individually driven as players want to look after their own teams.

I know some have took it on themselfs to update other leagues and teams who are over due rating changes. But the volume of changes needed to lower teams/leagues will just keep on increasing as their isn't the man power to keep on top of it.

I'm sure if you asked some SW admin what would you rather have, 10 people catching up on other leagues/teams or 500 people doing it, the answer would be clear.

If the volume of people that were using SW didn't just focus on just their teams but updating teams in OZ or Turkey then it would help bring everything more into balance. I think that was maybe the aim of SW at the start, everyone works and helps each other out but it's just not happened.

That's always going to be a problem when trying to keep ahead of targets making sure any leagues are done. As the people who are doing it, have their own lifes to get on with first, college, work, kids. You have to also take into account people who may leave as people come and go from websites over time. At the end of the day anyone who's doing the work is giving up their spare time.

The sad thing is, no review method will end up having every league being reviewed within a set period, just can't happen. The game data should reflect what leagues are most popular, keeping them upto date should be the aim.

idea of how it could work

Pot A

Premier League

Bundesliga

Serie A

Primera División

Ligue 1

Eredivisie

Süper Lig

Premier League Russian

Primeira Liga

Brazil Serie A

Pro League

Pot B

The remaining European leagues

Pot C

The remaining South/American leagues

Pot D

The rest

When it would come to the review at random a country would be picked from Pot A, then who ever decides would have a choice from B or C. So more or less Two leagues one major and one minor would end up being reviewed.

Pot D would be done at the leisure of the reviewers, when they have free time etc. As take the CAF, it has 54 member nations within it, each of them has it's own league. Take the Cameroon league, via Soccerway i can see that Les Astres is top of the league, it has their results but it doesn't have any data for players. So there would be no way of reviewing players, goal scorers etc as you have nothing to verify the player data is correct.

Whatever system is in place, it won't make people happy, as they are going to be winners and losers with the speed and how regular leagues get updated compared to others. But without the people power or resources to do all the work, then the best way is to make sure the key data is always upto date regularly.

The method of how the data is verified has to be set in stone as well. alot of sites give inaccurate data, so that would have to be decided which is the best source and then only use that.

I think maybe SW should shift it's focus, try and make people want to update the other leagues and teams by awarding SM credits or gold memberships.

If for example if you updated a team in Chile. If the data is all correct you'd get 300SM credits, people would be more interested.

Each player personal details name, date of birth etc, will be locked once they come up for reviewed, might as lock his name/dob when the player is about to be reviewed. As once it's correct their is no need for anyone to want to amend it. As at the moment people are changing details so that player has a chance of being reviewed.

I think that extra input boxes should be put onto the profiles to include minutes played and goals scored. Users can take that data from soccerway or another soccer stat site. It would give the people who decide the ratings all the information in one place. All they'd have to do is check it's correct.

It would be alot easier for someone to review a player if they could click on his name and see all his stats in front of them like people can do on soccerway see, minutes, goals etc.

I think player profiles should be locked on SW for a period of 4 months, before they can be reviewed again.

So over the course of a year, they can be reviewed 3 times.

On the players profile withing SW would be two boxes, minutes and goals. You could maybe include one for international games as well.

Period 1 = 560 minutes 0 goals

Period 2 = 892 minutes 4 goals

Period 3 = 129 minutes 0 goals

This would make it easier and more transparent when it comes to player reviews, as it would be based on performance data. The reviewer would base any future ratings on the data held within them periods for a season.

The hype factor for players needs to be removed as well. As it's never going to be a fair decision, to have a player be given increase of ratings because of this, everyone has their own views on players if their average or over-hyped.

Sorry but your missing the mark again. Cant follow or agree with any of your thoughts and direction here.

Firstly, in the beginning people did try to use it to benefit themselves but also it got many low rated players up to date, no?

This has died now, coupled with the 300 rep point limit you dont get all the noobs making silly changes to the top players. There are a good amount of admins batting away these if they do crop up.

I think if you interact more with it, you will see there are plenty of users doing there own countries. We have a Peruvian, Russians, a ton of Brazilians, Vietnam ,Japan, Poland, Romania, Holland, Portugal, Serbs, Croatians the list goes on. Its a shame i cant contact them as some derserve admin status to increase the number of edits they can do...there is a substantial community out there.

I dont know where you have the notion people are still doing it to benefit there teams? just to prove a point im going to post all of todays edits....

Ahmed GAAFAR*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Ashour AL ADHAM*of*El Gouna*was edited. 25-May-13

Mohamed HUBAIL*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Fábio JUNIOR*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Mohamed TALAAT*of*Ittihad*was edited. 25-May-13

Anton MÜLLER*of*Hallescher FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Dominique FENNELL*of*Stuttgarter Kickers*was edited. 25-May-13

Marco GRÜTTNER*of*VfB Stuttgart II*was edited. 25-May-13

Saleh GOMAA*of*ENPPI*was edited. 25-May-13

Sefa YILMAZ*of*Kayserispor*was edited. 25-May-13

David GENERELO*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Javi FLORES*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Miguel LINARES*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Pinazo PERICO*of*Gimnàstic*was edited. 25-May-13

Adrian WOZNICZKA*of*Miedź Legnica*was edited. 25-May-13

Magdy ATWA*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Petru RACU*of*FC Hjørring*was edited. 25-May-13

Wagih ABDEL AZEEM*of*El Shorta*was edited. 25-May-13

Viktor SHKURAT*of*SKA Rostov*was edited. 25-May-13

Mahmoud SHIKABALA*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Ahmed EL SHENAWY*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Mahmoud FATHALLA*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Salah SOLIMAN*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Nour EL SAYED*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Islam AWAD*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Hazem EMAM*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Mohamad ABDELSHAFI*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Ahmed EID*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Razak OMOTOYOSSI*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Ahmed GAAFAR*of*Zamalek SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Danny LATZA*of*MSV Duisburg*was edited. 25-May-13

João FILIPE*of*São Paulo FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Luiz EDUARDO*of*São Paulo FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Diego BARBOZA*of*CA Bragantino*was edited. 25-May-13

Cristian ZAPATA*of*AC Milan*was edited. 25-May-13

Nils PETERSEN*of*Werder Bremen*was edited. 25-May-13

Bruno ANDRADE*of*1. FC Koln*was edited. 25-May-13

Ben HALLORAN*of*Fortuna Düsseldorf*was edited. 25-May-13

Adi YUSSUF*of*Lincoln City*was edited. 25-May-13

Torres RODRI*of*UCAM Murcia*was edited. 25-May-13

Andrew MWESINGWA*of*Chongqing Lifan*was edited. 25-May-13

Manu HERRERA*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Diego RIVAS*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Xabier ETXEITA*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Sergio PELEGRÍN*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Héctor VERDES*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Grégory BÉRANGER*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Edu ALBÁCAR*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Javier FLAÑO*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Alberto RIVERA*of*Elche*was edited. 25-May-13

Simon HESLOP*of*Stevenage*was edited. 25-May-13

Bruno APPELS*of*FC Den Bosch*was edited. 25-May-13

Sam WEDGBURY*of*Stevenage*was edited. 25-May-13

Joey BROCK*of*FC Den Bosch*was edited. 25-May-13

Steve SCHUMACHER*of*Fleetwood Town*was edited. 25-May-13

Paul BLACK*of*Mansfield Town*was edited. 25-May-13

Adam COLLIN*of*Rotherham United*was edited. 25-May-13

Richard BRINDLEY*of*Rotherham United*was edited. 25-May-13

Jonathan MEADES*of*Oxford United*was edited. 25-May-13

Darren PURSE*of*Port Vale*was edited. 25-May-13

Fernando MORÁN*of*AD Alcorcón*was edited. 25-May-13

Nebi MUSTAFI*of*FK Drita*was edited. 25-May-13

Henrique MATEUS*of*SC Farense*was edited. 25-May-13

David MCINTOSH*of*Atlético Venezuela*was edited. 25-May-13

Marcelo CAÑETE*of*São Paulo FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Ze ANTÔNIO*of*Paysandu SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Steven THICOT*of*GD Chaves*was edited. 25-May-13

Cammy BELL*of*Rangers*was edited. 25-May-13

Wes BAYNES*of*AFC Telford United*was edited. 25-May-13

Nascimento JEFFERSON*of*Sporting CP*was edited. 25-May-13

Jhonny BALDEÓN*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Letladi MADUBANYA*of*AmaZulu*was edited. 25-May-13

Paulo SÉRGIO*of*Paraná*was edited. 25-May-13

Yuyin WU*of*Shanghai East Asia*was edited. 25-May-13

Armin DELIĆ*of*OFK Gradina*was edited. 25-May-13

Amir HAMZIC*of*OFK Gradina*was edited. 25-May-13

Anel SALIBAŠIĆ*of*OFK Gradina*was edited. 25-May-13

Damir TOSUNOVIC*of*OFK Gradina*was edited. 25-May-13

Kaspars IKSTENS*of*Víkingur Ólafsvík*was edited. 25-May-13

Björn PÁLSSON*of*Víkingur Ólafsvík*was edited. 25-May-13

Jernej LESKOVAR*of*Víkingur Ólafsvík*was edited. 25-May-13

Jeffrey GOUWELEEUW*of*AZ*was edited. 25-May-13

Eythór BIRGISSON*of*Víkingur Ólafsvík*was edited. 25-May-13

Guðmundur HAFSTEINSSON*of*Víkingur Ólafsvík*was edited. 25-May-13

Guðmundur MAGNÚSSON*of*Víkingur Ólafsvík*was edited. 25-May-13

Nick SOOLSMA*of*Excelsior*was edited. 25-May-13

Rangelo JANGA*of*Excelsior*was edited. 25-May-13

Andrés FLEURQUIN*of*Defensor Sporting*was edited. 25-May-13

Mick VAN BUREN*of*Excelsior*was edited. 25-May-13

Kevin BEGOIS*of*FC Den Bosch*was edited. 25-May-13

Luis LEON*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Andi CAICEDO*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Franklin COROZO*of*Aucas*was edited. 25-May-13

Junior SORNOZA*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Wellington SANCHEZ*of*Aucas*was edited. 25-May-13

Cristian OÑA*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Henry RUA*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Fernando GUERRERO*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Jimmy BRAN*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Cristian RIVEROS*of*Kayserispor*was edited. 25-May-13

Richard CAICEDO*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Dusko TOSIC*of*Genclerbirligi*was edited. 25-May-13

Armando SOLÍS*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Andrés ARRUNATEGUI*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

John OSTER*of*Barnet*was edited. 25-May-13

Jonathan LEGEAR*of*Terek*was edited. 25-May-13

Artem BARANOVSKYI*of*Metalurh Donetsk*was edited. 25-May-13

Luis AYALA*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Henry LEÓN*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Nicolás MARTÍNEZ*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Seong-Ho PARK*of*Pohang Steelers*was edited. 25-May-13

Kung-Woong NAM*of*Gangwon FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Chang-Hyun YOO*of*Pohang Steelers*was edited. 25-May-13

Gyo-Won HAN*of*Incheon United*was edited. 25-May-13

Ji-Hoon CHO*of*Suwon Bluewings*was edited. 25-May-13

Dong-Sub KIM*of*Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma*was edited. 25-May-13

Jin-Po PARK*of*Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma*was edited. 25-May-13

Suk-Won JANG*of*Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma*was edited. 25-May-13

Jin-Hyung SONG*of*Jeju United*was edited. 25-May-13

Bit-Garam YOON*of*Jeju United*was edited. 25-May-13

Gi-Dong PARK*of*Jeju United*was edited. 25-May-13

Hameur BOUAZZA*of*Racing Santander*was edited. 25-May-13

Sascha RIETHER*of*Fulham*was edited. 25-May-13

Bobby CONVEY*of*Toronto FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Rauwshan MCKENZIE*of*Portland Timbers*was edited. 25-May-13

Bryan VERBOOM*of*Zulte Waregem*was edited. 25-May-13

Kevin O'LEARY*of*Bohemians FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Oswaldo IBARRA*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Librado AZCONA*of*Independiente JT*was edited. 25-May-13

Arlin AYOVI*of*Manta*was edited. 25-May-13

Josh FLOOD*of*Stirling Albion*was edited. 25-May-13

Stephen DAY*of*Stirling Albion*was edited. 25-May-13

Graham WEIR*of*Stirling Albion*was edited. 25-May-13

Mohamed SHAWKY*of*Smouha SC*was edited. 25-May-13

Ramy ADEL*of*Smouha SC*was edited. 25-May-13

João MOUTINHO*of*AS Monaco*was edited. 25-May-13

James RODRÍGUEZ*of*AS Monaco*was edited. 25-May-13

Oussou KONAN*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Mohamed ABOUTRIKA*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Ahmed FATHI*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Ahmed ADEL*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Tal BEN HAIM*of*Hapoel Tel Aviv*was edited. 25-May-13

Mahmoud ABOUL SAOUD*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Emad MOTEAB*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Dominique DA SILVA*of*Al Ahly*was edited. 25-May-13

Bakary SOUMARÉ*of*Chicago Fire*was edited. 25-May-13

Adriano YANO*of*Persibo FC*was edited. 25-May-13

Hyung-Il KIM*of*Pohang Steelers*was edited. 25-May-13

Won-Il YOON*of*Pohang Steelers*was edited. 25-May-13

Kwang-Hoon SHIN*of*Pohang Steelers*was edited. 25-May-13

Deividas PADAIGIS*of*FK Dainava*was edited. 25-May-13

Marius KIŽYS*of*FK Tauras*was edited. 25-May-13

Kristof D'HAENE*of*Cercle Brugge*was edited. 25-May-13

Paul LUNAN*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Stephen MCNALLY*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Craig MCLEISH*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

David GRAY*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Terry MASSON*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Lloyd YOUNG*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Scott JOHNSTON*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Ricky MCINTOSH*of*St. Johnstone*was edited. 25-May-13

Scott MORTON*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Leighton MCINTOSH*of*Montrose*was edited. 25-May-13

Ross MCCORD*of*Alloa Athletic*was edited. 25-May-13

Riccardo SAPONARA*of*AC Milan*was edited. 25-May-13

Ross FORSYTH*of*Dumbarton*was edited. 25-May-13

Marc MCCULLOCH*of*Stirling Albion*was edited. 25-May-13

David MCCLUNE*of*Stirling Albion*was edited. 25-May-13

Ross MCGEACHIE*of*Stirling Albion*was edited. 25-May-13

Phil JOHNSTON*of*Dumbarton*was edited. 25-May-13

Anco JANSEN*of*De Graafschap*was edited. 25-May-13

Dorin SEMEGHIN*of*Rapid CFR Suceava*was edited. 25-May-13

Mihai PETRESCU*of*Rapid CFR Suceava*was edited. 25-May-13

Tudor HOMNEAC*of*FC Botoşani*was edited. 25-May-13

Marian GĂLDEAN*of*Rapid CFR Suceava*was edited. 25-May-13

Răzvan DOBRE*of*Chindia Târgovişte*was edited. 25-May-13

Sorin RĂDOI*of*Chindia Târgovişte*was edited. 25-May-13

Zeno BUNDEA*of*CS Luceafărul Oradea*was edited. 25-May-13

Gaston MENDY*of*Universitatea Cluj*was edited. 25-May-13

Viorel ȘTEFAN*of*Dinamo Bucureşti*was edited. 25-May-13

Kyle MACAULAY*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

Neil MCDONALD*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

Daniel MOORE*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

David A CRAIG*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

Craig GUNN*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

Craig FRIZZEL*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

Kenny WRIGHT*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

Paul MCMULLAN*of*Elgin City*was edited. 25-May-13

Soufiane BIDAOUI*of*Lierse SK*was edited. 25-May-13

Santy HULST*of*De Graafschap*was edited. 25-May-13

not many top players there.

ok , so your Pot idea. Its excluding the whole of the Far East/Oceania & Middle East? They are fairly significant to the game and SM community...also id hardly think there were going to review Cameroon etc as they never have done. More of a case of putting them in the wiki and leaving them to the SW community's leisure to update them. If a player moves to Europe from those leagues then they would possibly be reviewed...

They cant offer SM credits as they arent SM. The rep system is being tested and with eventually be the reward.

One of the SM mods, works on the Championship Manager data banks for the 00/01 version - bringing the retro game up to date. Now they built a successful community offering no incentive & people did it for the love of the game. This is IMO what SW is trying to emulate. CM has far more data to change but the basic principles are the same....Player Profiles and eventually re assessing there rating through REAL LIFE statistics.

Which brings me to your statistics. So massively increase the workload by posting stats that change weekly? How do you verify these submissions? Getting admins to check for that as well?

You need to remember all leagues have different numbers of games. Some 50+, some just 24. So 1000mins in one league could be hardly much game time whilst its significant in another......If your posting up a figure how is that supposed to correlate to a rating? Everyone knows ratings arent just based on mins and goals, you have to factor reputation, ability, international apps, the quality of leagues,the importance the individual is to the team....what about assists, clean sheets for goalkeepers.....

....and the the so called hype factor which is actually a myth. I believe people use it to cover up there poor knowledge of a player. X player has this and no minutes whilst Y player has these minutes and is only this rating....see it all the time....

I think the people looking at these players actually do take the time to judge them properly and its is influenced by the team they play for IE Bayern or Barcelona...seen plenty debate on Emre Can being 'overrated' or Thiago Alcantara 'overrated' but no one seems to remember the players in front of them in the team .They must have someone about them if they shine in the cameo roles they play.....final note.Personally i think the only player on the DB that is ramped up by the hype factor is Neymar...but we will see who that pans out as Santos accepted 2 bids on him early this morning..

As you started, its your pet hate. Time to try to integrate with it now and as i said il offer put you onto the admins if you want and try and put your efforts into contributing to getting the database up to date?

Perhaps they should listen to their customers - i.e. the 86% who want it re-introduced.

I bet if we did a vote that said

Which of the following would you like

a) The Angolan and Zimbabwean 1st Divisions included

OR

B) The return of a proper ratings schedule

I know which ones the vast majority of players of SM would choose.

They don' want a schedule for one reason and one reason only - because it means they have to do all the work' date=' and stick to the schedule - whereas if they allow US to do their work for them on Soccerwiki they can sit back and take the cash with zero effort apart from adding the odd stupid feature that no-one uses - for example - do people HONESTLY use the "Assistant Manager report"? REALLY? If you can't tell that a 94 rated player is better than a 84 rated player in same position you need testing.

The point is - stop adding stupid features that no-one will use and re-implement the schedule for one of the most fun areas of the game - scouting![/quote']

Completely agree with the above!