WC 33333 Discussion Thread..

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: WC 33333 Discussion Thread.. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Re: WC 33333 Discussion Thread.. brilliant game away to Ath Madrid tonight for my Sao Paulo........trailing 4-0 after an hour and brought it back to 5-5:eek: great game Ali;)

Re: WC 33333???.. Around 200 Gameworlds Away.. Man City-KopStar PSG- Dan James. Chelsea-jr231990 Juventus- Kevin Junior Arsenal- Fez17_1888 Roma- Like_A_Boas Napoli- Anri Tottenham- Hancock M

Re: Riferimento: WC 33333 Discussion Thread..

i think Racky was right when he said there are a lot of computer generated managers that make the gameworld seem full.

the sad thing is that when all these clubs become free' date=' some managers will start buying from them and a lot more of us will quit.

it will become a small set up for those who have already told us that they want to buy from unmanaged.[/quote']

So what do we do now, guys? Bot managers will start to drop out in a couple of days, maybe I will get an offer to manage a better club, Newcastle UTD or Marseille, for example? Should I take it and leave this very popular Div 4 Hamburger team to someone else? I am sure that pending managers, that want to join our gameworld, will fight to manage Div 4 Hamburger or Rangers or Chivas, for that matter.

If you get my sarcasm, then you should stop complaining about buying from unmanaged, and rather think. If you want to keep this gameworld running for longer, you should be ready for some challenges, like managing unpopular teams, staying to manage even if your team is not winning games, waiting patiently till deal reporters will get bored or tired and stop ruining transfers.

All I hear now is complains and whining, promises to quit and cr4p like that. You are not making this gameworld special in any way by complaining. You can do that by taking up the challenge and staying even if it gets tough.

So what do we do now' date=' guys? Bot managers will start to drop out in a couple of days, maybe I will get an offer to manage a better club, Newcastle UTD or Marseille, for example? Should I take it and leave this very popular Div 4 Hamburger team to someone else? I am sure that pending managers, that want to join our gameworld, will fight to manage Div 4 Hamburger or Rangers or Chivas, for that matter.

If you get my sarcasm, then you should stop complaining about buying from unmanaged, and rather think. If you want to keep this gameworld running for longer, you should be ready for some challenges, like managing unpopular teams, staying to manage even if your team is not winning games, waiting patiently till deal reporters will get bored or tired and stop ruining transfers.

All I hear now is complains and whining, promises to quit and cr4p like that. You are not making this gameworld special in any way by complaining. You can do that by taking up the challenge and staying even if it gets tough.[/quote']

i'm not sure if you are saying that buying fron unmanaged should be accepted.

if people buy from unmanaged, it will mean that the gameworld can never be special because it ruins the clubs that are unmanaged.

people will quit because there are plenty of competitive set ups were no one buys from unmanaged so there is no point wasting time here.

i'm not sure if you are saying that buying fron unmanaged should be accepted.

if people buy from unmanaged' date=' it will mean that the gameworld can never be special because it ruins the clubs that are unmanaged.

people will quit because there are plenty of competitive set ups were no one buys from unmanaged so there is no point wasting time here.[/quote']

Ruins the clubs, that are unmanaged? Then tell me why are you managing a team in div 1, that has 9 players rated 89+? Why didn't you take up a Rangers, Chivas Guadalahara or Liege Standart team? Why? Maybe because they are terrible by itself and are ruined from the beginning? No one would be interested in managing such challenging teams. And all you quitters do is complain, that a gameworld is lost if anyone buys from unmanaged... No one would still take up a team in div 4 and an average rating of 86, regardless if someone makes transfers with unmanaged teams...

Plenty of competitive setups where no one buys from unmanaged, you say? Name me one World Championship that is competitive like that, I would like to see. Oh wait, are you talking about custom setups? Sorry, not my cup of tea, too easy...

Ruins the clubs' date=' that are unmanaged? Then tell me why are you managing a team in div 1, that has 9 players rated 89+? Why didn't you take up a Rangers, Chivas Guadalahara or Liege Standart team? Why? Maybe because they are terrible by itself and are ruined from the beginning? No one would be interested in managing such challenging teams. And all you quitters do is complain, that a gameworld is lost if anyone buys from unmanaged... No one would still take up a team in div 4 and an average rating of 86, regardless if someone makes transfers with unmanaged teams...

Plenty of competitive setups where no one buys from unmanaged, you say? Name me one World Championship that is competitive like that, I would like to see. Oh wait, are you talking about custom setups? Sorry, not my cup of tea, too easy...[/quote']

so exactly how many competitive setups are you in that allows buying from unmanaged clubs just out of interest?

so exactly how many competitive setups are you in that allows buying from unmanaged clubs just out of interest?

I asked first which gameworlds do you count as competitive and how many WC's are in that list? I do not wish to belittle other setups, simply I think it is not that easy to find external clubs with good players, when you play in a setup with all the best clubs. In one country championships or small WC's there's plenty of good external clubs, so there are players and prospects to buy from outside.

And I do not play in Gold Championships, although we could both agree that they are competitive. So now tell me, why this WC can't be competitive with 'only' 50-60 managers? How could 20 unmanaged clubs ruin it?

Ruins the clubs' date=' that are unmanaged? Then tell me why are you managing a team in div 1, that has 9 players rated 89+? Why didn't you take up a Rangers, Chivas Guadalahara or Liege Standart team? Why? Maybe because they are terrible by itself and are ruined from the beginning? No one would be interested in managing such challenging teams. And all you quitters do is complain, that a gameworld is lost if anyone buys from unmanaged... No one would still take up a team in div 4 and an average rating of 86, regardless if someone makes transfers with unmanaged teams...

Plenty of competitive setups where no one buys from unmanaged, you say? Name me one World Championship that is competitive like that, I would like to see. Oh wait, are you talking about custom setups? Sorry, not my cup of tea, too easy...[/quote']

if people start to buy from unmanaged in this set up, you will be able to see why it ruins set ups if you hang around for a couple of months longer.

your questions aimed at me dont really make a lot of sense to me so i wont reply to them, i hope you continue to enjoy yourself in this set up.

if people start to buy from unmanaged in this set up' date=' you will be able to see why it ruins set ups if you hang around for a couple of months longer.

your questions aimed at me don't really make a lot of sense to me so i wont reply to them, i hope you continue to enjoy yourself in this set up.[/quote']

Dear Paul and Dan, I looked at your profiles and history of management. Paul had some patience to stay with a club for a whopping 81 games. And in a standard English setup a little less - 55 games. While Dan managed to stay with a single team for only 34 games, not even a full season :eek::eek: And here I am trying to convince you for some commitment and not quitting too early. Silly me.

My profile is also public, you can find that I stayed with 4 clubs for over 200 games, one of them I manage to this day and the club is close to 300 games (and that WC is very competitive, having 63 managers in it's 9th season!). So when you try to tell me that gameworld is ruined when people buy from unmanaged clubs I can only reply, that a gameworld is ruined when managers quit their clubs and leave the gameworld empty. And you are about to do exactly that - ruin this gameworld yourself.

Good day.

Dear Paul and Dan' date=' I looked at your profiles and history of management. Paul had some patience to stay with a club for a whopping 81 games. And in a standard English setup a little less - 55 games. While Dan managed to stay with a single team for only 34 games, not even a full season :eek::eek: And here I am trying to convince you for some commitment and not quitting too early. Silly me.

My profile is also public, you can find that I stayed with 4 clubs for over 200 games, one of them I manage to this day and the club is close to 300 games (and that WC is very competitive, having 63 managers in it's 9th season!). So when you try to tell me that gameworld is ruined when people buy from unmanaged clubs I can only reply, that a gameworld is ruined when managers quit their clubs and leave the gameworld empty. And you are about to do exactly that - ruin this gameworld yourself.

Good day.[/quote']

yeah because checking someones club history on one account really tells the full story:rolleyes:

anyways like first thought you do seem to be just trolling and are actually very happy to deflect any direct questions aimed at yourself, a question doesn't answer a question which i'm sure your aware of;)

i'm not too sure why you think the need to do this but i guess everyone has there reason's for doing whatever they do,

but like has been said time and time again buying from the unmanaged teams will start the penny rolling,

in my experience hence why i simply enquired which gameworlds are you in that this hasn't caused a problem

but as it seems that you are more interested in throwing around labels rather than actually listening to others point of views like i tried with yourself i frankly don't see the point typing/saying the same thing out over and over again

so just for you

"yes you are right of course you are right buying from unmanaged clubs doesn't ruin a gameworld";)

i'm not too sure why you think the need to do this but i guess everyone has there reason's for doing whatever they do' date=' [/font']

I have a reason. I want this gameworld to continue for seasons to come, to be competitive and interesting. That's why I am trying to convince so called forumers not to quit in the middle of first season. It is sad that you think I am trolling, my concern is sincere. Whatever.

but like has been said time and time again buying from the unmanaged teams will start the penny rolling' date=' in my experience hence why i simply enquired which gameworlds are you in that this hasn't caused a problem [/font']

You blame me for not answering your questions, but all I hear is the same statement, that is not even an argument, that as soon as people will buy a couple of players from unmanaged clubs (which you have no means to counter) this gameworld is ruined. Please explain me why, because I seem to completely miss a point. Been in a lot of gameworlds with some managers buying from unmanaged, even cheating, and they started to get boring only then, when there were too many unmanaged clubs and too few managers. Not when someone would buy from unmanaged club a player or two.

one of them I manage to this day and the club is close to 300 games (and that WC is very competitive' date=' having 63 managers in it's 9th season!). [/quote']

If you're too busy to check my profile and see for yourself those examples, I can tell you the numbers of what I think is competitive enough to be interesting.

World Championship 7578 - season 9, 63 managers from 80 clubs.

WC 10000 - season 6 just ended, 55/80 managers.

WC 267 (or any even older WC, for that matter) - season 17, 35 managers currently, was around 50 a season ago.

Of course, these examples are nowhere close to Gold championships, but they are competitive enough to keep me interested and wanting to stay for 5-6 or even 10 seasons.

I would love if this WC 33333 would be a setup like that. But it seems that forumers like you will quit very soon for reasons I think are not significant enough. This will ruin the fun for me. This is why I am 'trolling' here.

Re: WC 33333 Discussion Thread..

The problem with buying from unmanaged clubs is that those clubs then become useless and unplayable. Also when the first person starts buying from unmanaged, everyone else starts, which usually ends in the best clubs getting better, like the rich getting richer instead of the lower clubs which could use better players getting left behind.

Your theory of forumers in a perfect world would make sense, but this isn't a perfect world and you can't demonize someone for wanting to have the likes of Barcelona, Man U, Madrid, Milan etc. Obviously if forumers had more division 3 and 4 clubs it would be better, because the likes of Barcelona and Man United will always get taken over by someone, but that's not the way it is.

its fair enough you don't believe that the "unmanaged" issue is actually an issue

which is your right to' date=' but i'll use one of the game worlds you listed as being in as a perfect example wc10000 i used to be in that gameworld, roughly about 2 and a half to 3 seasons in total when it was 80/80 constantly, the reason this dropped off, is because a few idiots got in and started cheating, reversing deals, then when a few long termers got annoyed and left no one else wanted to join it and then a few clubs became unmanaged and the same idiots then started ravaging the clubs, long and short of it is

peeps get annoyed when other managers start doing quick fixes like robbing from unmanaged clubs because it then makes all the hard graft they've put in making there team pointless because they might of just not spent the time scouting around waited for an internal team to drop a manager then steal the high rated or best talents from said club

i see a competitive setup as a full or near as full as possible, if theres 20 odd teams not managed then to me thats not a good gameworld to be in and added into the mix if there are frapped now to 21 player teams then no one is going to want to touch them

now if you've never come across these things ala' "a" being in a full managed setup for a good few seasons or "b" being in one that gets destroyed by this issue then i understand if you don't quite get the grasp of what i am trying to put across

but basically thats all i'm saying if "a" buying from unmanaged starts to happen then its a slippery slope if teams are unmanaged and left alone then theres a much higher chance of getting a new manager to take them over regardless of how poor they might seem to others

i hope i've made myself a clearer than i may have in previous posts but if not lets just agree to disagree on the whole topic and leave it at that

as although it is a topic that affects this gameworld i'd rather not completely swamp this thread with the same issue as it can start to make the thread rather "off topica"

[/font']

Being reading the debate, and feel that both have a point really, to sum it up, as I don't think this argument need to go any further:

Against Buying from unmanaged:

- More difficult to attract managers to teams that have lost their best players

- Thus with less managers gameworld will tend to get less competitive until it becomes just a handful of clubs with all the best players.

For Buying from unmanaged:

- Helps smaller clubs with no outstanding players, like a Rennes/Sporting, to become a better team with better players, which will help them challenge the bigger clubs, and ultimately make the gameworld more competitive.

Overall, I'd side with allowing to buy from unmanaged, purely because, although we say this is a forum based WC, it really isn't. It is publically open and anyone, or persons, can join, as we can see clearly with all the 40-45 rep newbies who are probably just one guy with many accounts.

Because this isn't a true forum based GW, even if we all can agree not to buy from unmanaged (which will be extremely hard to do), there are those who are not forum based and they will definitely not listen or respond to our PMs which we send to them. And once you get a handful who do break the 'non buying' rule, then it really isn't a rule at all, and things will break down, some forumers may want to compete signings from unmanaged and then those who still stick with the rule will argue with them and what you get is a major fall out over such a small issue.

If this isn't a custom, then we can't enforce the 'no buying from unmanaged' therefore we shouldn't try to enforce it on our own.

For Buying from unmanaged:

- Helps smaller clubs with no outstanding players' date=' like a Rennes/Sporting, to become a better team with better players, which will help them challenge the bigger clubs, and ultimately make the gameworld more competitive.

[/quote']

The problem is that it doesn't help smaller clubs. I manage Rennes and there is no way in hell that if buying from unmanaged was allowed I would get any better players, because I would still have to compete with other clubs for those players and you couldn't enforce a rule where only division 4 clubs get to buy from unmanaged because like you said it is open to the public.

Your theory of forumers in a perfect world would make sense' date=' but[b'] this isn't a perfect world [/b]

Exactly, this isn't a perfect world and you can't make everyone avoid buying from unmanaged. My point is - don't quit a gameworld because of that! As long as this gameworld has a core of 40-50 managers, it will stay competitive and interesting. Others will come and take teams to their liking. Someone would look for Barcelona or Bayern, someone else - for a div 4 challenge.

if teams are unmanaged and left alone then theres a much higher chance of getting a new manager to take them over regardless of how poor they might seem to others.

The problem with buying from unmanaged clubs is that those clubs then become useless and unplayable.

But there is the same problem with clubs like Rangers or Basel etc. They look as much unattractive with real life squads, as a destroyed Fiorentina team (with say 150 M cash in the bank for players it sold). If a manager comes looking for a challenge, both examples will do. If they come looking for easy game, both examples won't. But no one will come to play in a gameworld with ~30 managers at the end of 2nd season. That's why you either commit to stay here regardless of difficulties, or you quit and ruin this gameworld now.

i'll use one of the game worlds you listed as being in as a perfect example wc10000 i used to be in that gameworld' date=' roughly about 2 and a half to 3 seasons in total when it was 80/80 constantly, the reason this dropped off, is because a few idiots got in and started cheating, reversing deals, then [b']when a few long termers got annoyed and left [/b]no one else wanted to join it and then a few clubs became unmanaged and the same idiots then started ravaging the clubs.

Let's agree to disagree, but how come in a gameworld that was full there suddenly appeared unmanaged clubs? This wasn't because of cheating, it was because SOMEONE LEFT. And then you just prove my point, when long termers reacted too sensitively, they left the gameworld and THEN it started going downhill, because there were clubs to ravage. Even then others stayed to play with their teams and compete. Some others like me joined anew. You say WC 10000 is ruined, I think it is fine as it is. Soon a new season will start and new managers will come, increasing the manager count from 55 to 65-70 (temporarily). I just won Div 2 and will have a challenge to play in Div 1 with an average team rating of 89. Looking forward for a very interesting season.