CUSTOM 2012 - Semi Final 1

Gorbash

CUSTOM 2012 - Semi Final 1  

1. 1.

semifinal1banner.jpg

Business time in CUSTOM 2012

Here is the first Semi Final as voted by the Forum for the best Setup of 2012.

ROUND ONE Group D Winner

PERFORMANCE REVIEW

Versus

ROUND ONE Group B Winner

DAiS GENESIS

All forumers are permitted to vote

Creators are allowed to vote for their own effort

Which Game World of the above do you believe to be the best new Setup of 2012?

Voting Open until 5.15pm Friday January 18th 2013

Winner goes into the Final, loser into the Third Place Play-Off

:D Happy Voting :D

Re: CUSTOM 2012 - Semi Final 1

I'm a member of both set-ups but Dais Genesis is probably the best set-up ever;)

Why is it?

Because there is a FB group where there is a load of banter? This is Called Custom 2012. Now don't get me wrong I think Dai is a top bloke however when it comes to custom set-ups it is hardly unique. In fact his set-up is ten a penny.

I think people have lost sight of what this is all about. So to say it is the best set-up ever' date=' seriously it is not.[/color']

Why is it?

Because there is a FB group where there is a load of banter? This is Called Custom 2012. Now don't get me wrong I think Dai is a top bloke however when it comes to custom set-ups it is hardly unique. In fact his set-up is ten a penny.

I think people have lost sight of what this is all about. So to say it is the best set-up ever' date=' seriously it is not.[/color']

it certainly is fella:rolleyes: Dais Genesis is now a way of life! ;)

Why is it?

Surely a custom setup is all about enjoyment? However, that is achieved be it through the setup rules, a facebook group, the setup members it doesn't matter at all! The simple fact is that customs were introduced by SM so friends could get into setups and compete against each other and if that is what is being achieved in Dai's Genesis for Garry then why wouldn't it be the best setup ever? It's a personal opinion of his that is entirely subjective, you clearly don't feel the same but to say he has lost sight of what this is about is very presumptuous and arrogant on your behalf.....perhaps it's your sight needs checking?;)

Surely a custom setup is all about enjoyment? However' date=' that is achieved be it through the setup rules, a facebook group, the setup members it doesn't matter at all! The simple fact is that customs were introduced by SM so friends could get into setups and compete against each other and if that is what is being achieved in Dai's Genesis for Garry then why wouldn't it be the best setup ever? It's a personal opinion of his that is entirely subjective, you clearly don't feel the same but to say he has lost sight of what this is about is very presumptuous and arrogant on your behalf.....perhaps it's your sight needs checking?;)[/quote']

shoud've gone to specksavers:D

Surely a custom setup is all about enjoyment? However' date=' that is achieved be it through the setup rules, a facebook group, the setup members it doesn't matter at all! The simple fact is that customs were introduced by SM so friends could get into setups and compete against each other and if that is what is being achieved in Dai's Genesis for Garry then why wouldn't it be the best setup ever? It's a personal opinion of his that is entirely subjective, you clearly don't feel the same but to say he has lost sight of what this is about is very presumptuous and arrogant on your behalf.....[b']perhaps it's your sight needs checking?;)[/b]

I fail to see how a FB group constitutes a reason for voting for a Custom set-up. Not really that difficult to understand. The bolded part is rather pedantic on your part.

Of course everyone will have differing opinions on what is the best type of custom set-up, I just feel that something that lacks originality in it's concept for me doesn't make it stand out as something different, or appealing. There are many set-ups already out there like Dais (minus the Group pages and such like). While there is a strong clique in the set-up of course it will do well. I just feel that due to the group pages and the media page etc this just gives boys the chance to have a laugh and indulge in the banter and has no relevance on the set-up itself.

I fail to see how a FB group constitutes a reason for voting for a Custom set-up. Not really that difficult to understand. The bloded part is rather pedantic on your part.

Of course everyone will have differing opinions on what is the best type of custom set-up' date=' I just feel that something that lacks originality in it's concept for me doesn't make it stand out as something challenging which I thought custom set-ups were about.

[/color']

You miss the point (again), it is a game, therefore it is about enjoyment and regardless of how that has been achieved for each individual matters not. The point is that if someone believes a certain setup is the best setup who are you to question why? They are entitled to their opinion as much as anyone else and if, in this instance, it is a facebook group that has made this setup the best setup in Garry's opinion then what is wrong with that? Customs, like I mentioned previously were about playing against friends in the same setup not particularly about challenges, that came along as the game evolved inevitably. Surely the biggest challenge of all is playing against the best and most knowledgeable managers on the game? This is my opinion, I am not saying Dai's Genesis has this but for me that is what makes a great setup. As for me being pedantic......your entire initial post could be considered likewise.....by some (not myself incidently).

You miss the point (again)' date=' it is a game, therefore it is about enjoyment and regardless of how that has been achieved for each individual matters not. The point is that if someone believes a certain setup is the best setup who are you to question why? They are entitled to their opinion as much as anyone else and if, in this instance, it is a facebook group that has made this setup the best setup in Garry's opinion then what is wrong with that? Customs, like I mentioned previously were about playing against friends in the same setup not particularly about challenges, that came along as the game evolved inevitably. Surely the biggest challenge of all is playing against the best and most knowledgeable managers on the game? This is my opinion, I am not saying Dai's Genesis has this but for me that is what makes a great setup. As for me being pedantic......your entire initial post could be considered likewise.....by some (not myself incidently).[/quote']

I am not missing your point at all, I have taken on board what you have said.

Yes a set-up is about the best managers/friends pitting there wits against there friends. However when a set-up is relying on the social interaction and banter to make the set-up appealing then that tells me that something is lacking in the set up itself.

This is merely my point which I guess you dont seem to be able to comprehend.

I am not missing your point at all' date=' I have taken on board what you have said.

Yes a set-up is about the best managers/friends pitting there wits against there friends. However when a set-up is relying on the social interaction and banter to make the set-up appealing then that tells me that something is lacking in the set up itself.

This is merely my opinion.[/color']

Fair enough, that is fair cop. Opinions, particularly in polls like this are always going to be different. I just felt you were belittling Garry's opinion and didn't think that was fair that is all. As far as the setup lacking something.....I am not sure if you are a member or not (probably not), surely this is only something you can truly judge by being involved? If you are or have been and that is why you left/express the opinion then what is it lacking? I'd be interested to know. I am a member of the setup and the only thing lacking for me is money but this is mostly my own fault so can't complain.:);)

Guest drseanfitz

Performance review is a very good idea for a set up, but the problem regarding a vote(in my opinion - obviously one which will differ with others)for PR is that the set up is geared to review the performances and appearances of players each season, and react to how they performed against a number of preset targets. However as the first season has yet to complete, this hasn't yet happened, so we have now idea how that will be executed, and if people will 'play along'. following what has happened in other setup's, to me this will be the pivotal point of how good the set up is.

Dai's Genesis is a basic idea, but is a set up that I'm really enjoying. To me The facebook group is a key part of this setup, in the same way that the forum is to most other set-ups. and as there is no ruling for this vote that says to mark it only on forum contribution, I'm more than happy to use this as a deciding factor.

These are of course my views, and everyone will have their own opinion of what they feel makes a setup better than the other. Some people prefer to use the actual in game difficulty/enjoyment as the key issue, some the forum/facebook etc, and that's what makes this competition interesting.

Fair enough' date=' that is fair cop. Opinions, particularly in polls like this are always going to be different. I just felt you were belittling Garry's opinion and didn't think that was fair that is all. As far as the setup lacking something.....I am not sure if you are a member or not (probably not), surely this is only something you can truly judge by being involved? If you are or have been and that is why you left/express the opinion then what is it lacking? I'd be interested to know. I am a member of the setup and the only thing lacking for me is money but this is mostly my own fault so can't complain.:);)[/quote']

I use to be part of the set-up, however for me the social interaction was integral to the enjoyment of the set-up (which I was not really enjoying despite doing rather well) and due to not having the time to participate in that, coupled with the fact that I find FB mundane, and for the socially inept (this is not a dig at anyone within Dais FB group I hasten to add, I am fully aware the group is there for a social free for all something that could not occur on here due to the forum rules).

As for having a go at Garry, that was far from my intention and if that is the way I came across I apologise to him for that although I doubt he took it that way.

I voted Dais Genesis.

PR could be something huge. And after the first season I'm hoping it is - we have discussed putting feelers out there for rules, targets etc so things are looking positive :)

Dais is 3 seasons in now & it's still as enjoyable as day one. I feel the forumers in there are amongst the top guys here. The banter is great & contributes towards the setups enjoyability.

Jkerrs in welcome to his opinion, that's what voting is for really. I find it a shame he left because he didn't enjoy/partake (in) the banter/social/Facebook parts of the group as that is why we like this setup so much. I think he is a great forumer but ill be 100% honest now, until he left I didn't realise he was in the setup - so I can see why the banter/social/facebook parts essentially led to him leaving. (No disrespect meant at all jkerrs).

Anyhoo I enjoy both setups and long may they continue!!

I voted Dais Genesis.

PR could be something huge. And after the first season I'm hoping it is - we have discussed putting feelers out there for rules' date=' targets etc so things are looking positive :)

Dais is 3 seasons in now & it's still as enjoyable as day one. I feel the forumers in there are amongst the top guys here. The banter is great & contributes towards the setups enjoyability.

Jkerrs in welcome to his opinion, that's what voting is for really. I find it a shame he left because he didn't enjoy/partake (in) the banter/social/Facebook parts of the group as that is why we like this setup so much. I think he is a great forumer but ill be 100% honest now, until he left I didn't realise he was in the setup - so I can see why the banter/social/facebook parts essentially led to him leaving. (No disrespect meant at all jkerrs).

Anyhoo I enjoy both setups and long may they continue!![/quote']

None taken mate, that was one of the main reasons I left. Even if I came on to the FB group page and left sporadic posts, that still would not warrant me being fully committed to the social aspect of it.

Plus trying to juggle work with family life and other family issues, which many are aware of something had to give.

I had 27 teams a few months ago and I am now down to a manageable 16, Dais being one of the last 2 or 3 that I quit out of respect for Dai himself.

I'm not in PR so unfortunately I don't know the setup from inside and I can't really compare.

I'm in DAiS Genesis and I'm really enjoying it. Not only because of the FB group or the Forum threads, but because of the setup itself. Sometimes you don't need a very sophisticated idea to make it work. I voted for DAiS.

Enjoy :)

I'd say it is custom, and not only that it is unique. A good group of lads, Dai paid for a custom game world, there's custom teams in custom leagues. I'd say it was a custom. On the unique part, how many game worlds do you know where people get along so well? All done through a central HUB (the facebook group) so there's no minority as you can say what you like. Bringing this into play and bypassing the SM forum has been a stroke of genius on Dai's behalf.

I'd say it is custom' date=' and not only that it is unique. A good group of lads, Dai paid for a custom game world, there's custom teams in custom leagues. I'd say it was a custom. On the unique part, how many game worlds do you know where people get along so well? All done through a central HUB (the facebook group) so there's no minority as you can say what you like. Bringing this into play and bypassing the SM forum has been a [b']stroke of genius on Dai's behalf[/b].

Don't praise him too much as I don't believe the facebook group was his idea, not sure who first mentioned it but it was one of the early members, maybe Lee or Scott, can't think right now.

Guest drseanfitz

Don't praise him too much as I don't believe the facebook group was his idea' date=' not sure who first mentioned it but it was one of the early members, maybe Lee or Scott, can't think right now.[/quote']

but Dai does rule the game world like he has sex (with an iron fist..), is paranoid and has a god complex, plus is prone to bouts of anger and dismay when having to deal with Elohim

Archived