Relegation Rebels Challenge - EC 388

Guest the plummer

Guest the plummer

Re: Relegation Rebels Challenge - EC 388

Blues Appoint Spence

The Blues have Appointed Greig Spence as their manager, he comes with a wealth of expercince as he has recently been manager of teams such as barelona and Inter Milan but when Birmiham came calling there was no dout in hsi mind that he would take over

Spence/god had this to say

"im really happy been appointed manager, the other promoted teams hired lesser unkown managers but a wish them luck"

"im looking forward to wining the league this year and all the other managers beeing jealous ut hey thats life"

"most players are for sale and i cant wait till i do buisness with yous"

"realistivcly a top half finish will do for this season"

looks like he is raring to go

Bring on the Big boys =P

Experienced manager Ross Philp takes over at Sunderland

Sunderland appointed their man, as they needed somebody to steady the Sunderland ship, and chairman Niall Quinn thinks that Philp can take them to the top

He said 'Ideally we would hope that first of all Ross can keep us up. An ideal position at the end of the season will be 17th and upwards. We certainly have the strongest squad out of the promoted sides'

A Press Conference was held this morning where Sunderland unveiled Philp.

The new boss was quoted, 'I have already managed at the likes of Arsenal, Madrid and Milan, however I am good friends with Niall and as I was free, how could i decline?'

Philp also commented earlier that 'Niall has given me a huge sum of money, to bolster the squad. We are looking to loan a few players from the bigger clubs. I really believe that we can get into the top 10 this season'

It is rumoured that Philp has been given a sum of around £30m to spend this season, and he has already tabled 4 bids

Philp said 'We are hoping to buy two, high-quality defenders and a winger. We have bid accordingly. We have also bid for a top striker, who is a proven goalscorer at the highest level for club and country'

Sunderland have secured the services of Steve Sidwell and John Obi Mikel from much fancied title contenders Chelsea

Looks like a promising season for the Black Cats under Philp!

Well Paul get posting buddy ;)

I will indeed...

THAME TAKES BRISTOL CITY MANAGERIAL JOB

In an exclusive press conference held last night, Bristol City have announced Paul Thame as the manager they see as their guiding light into the top division. Paul's first game in charge will see City face Colchester, with a team which will see these players joining Ashton Gate:

David Martin

Andras Simon

Jack Hobbs

Hilario

Moussa Sissoko

Lulinha

Kevin Jacmot

Paul says these players will be huge helps in the upcoming season, with most looking at rating rises. Only one will go straight into the starting line, which will be Hilario.

Guest the plummer

The Blues Snap up their targets

• Alexandre pato arrives from milan
  • Nery alberto casttillo flies in from ukraine
  • Spartak Moscow starlet Bahzenhov Signs on
  • Andre Lima is coming from Brazil
  • Marek Hamsik as switched from itailan Football
  • Marcin Pietron Joins the blues
  • Alessandro Rosina Signs up

more news to follow

Chairman Niall Quinn today cancelled the Ruud Van Nistelrooy deal after he said that the board cant cope with his high wage demands

After the withdrawal of the offer, manager Philp was quick off the mark and has went for a young 19 year old striker who will hopefully arrive at the Stadium of Light for a medical tomorrow

Since the earlier rejected bids, Philp has bid for a 21 year old winger, and two 20 year old defenders

'The youth is the future here at Sunderland' said Philp earlier, 'And they can keep us up!'

Black Cats!

The Blues Snap up their targets

• Alexandre pato arrives from milan
  • Nery alberto casttillo flies in from ukraine
  • Spartak Moscow starlet Bahzenhov Signs on
  • Andre Lima is coming from Brazil
  • Marek Hamsik as switched from itailan Football
  • Marcin Pietron Joins the blues
  • Alessandro Rosina Signs up

more news to follow

Obviously got some tips off my Birmingham in EC380 didn't you Greig ;)

Guest the plummer

Obviously got some tips off my Birmingham in EC380 didn't you Greig ;)

lol nah iv been reccomended hamsik on a few occasssions and rosina a read about in a thread :D

if it makes you feel good danny i looked at your team and fought :eek:im going to sign those players ;):D jokes bud

also arriving Glen Johnson from chekski

lol nah iv been reccomended hamsik on a few occasssions and rosina a read about in a thread :D

if it makes you feel good danny i looked at your team and fought :eek:im going to sign those players ;):D jokes bud

also arriving Glen Johnson from chekski

You fought did you :eek: Cmon Hamsik was un heard of until i got told by Fraser and i posted..And Rosina come on"!! Another one posted by me and bought for Birmingham.

Paul Thame looks to bring some Spanish influence to Ashton Gate as he makes a loan offer for Real Madrid's versatile defender Miguel Torres, in hope he can relax some of Paul's defensive worries. Paul has also cancelled the proposed transfer for Kevin Jacmot, as he fails a medical at Ashton Gate after twisting his knee entering the physio room

Guest the plummer

Projected blue's Squad

1. Maik taylor
  2. Glen johnsen
  3. Liam Ridgewell
  4. Rafeal Shmitz
  5. Frank Queudrue
  6. Rosina
  7. Nery Alberto Castlillo
  8. Daimen Johnson
  9. Gary O'Connor
  10. Bahzenhov
  11. Garry McSheffry

With three more arrivall tomoro :D:D

Sunderland begin to spend!

After chairman Niall Quinn handed manager Ross Philp a hefty transfer budget, Philp wasted no time in spending it

This morning 3 players flew in for medicals, and their deals will be completed tomorrow morning

20 year-old defender Roman Shishkin will join from Spartak Moscow for a fee of over £7m. Philp said earlier 'Me and Niall had earlier discussed bringing Roman to the club. Now that we have the funds, a bid was made and a fee accepted. Roman has great awareness a good first touch, and can play at both right and left back.'

Another 20 year-old defender, Gianni Zuiverloon will join from Heerenveen, tomorrow for a fee of over £6m. The Sunderland boss explained 'Gianni is a young defender with bags of ability and potential. Here at Sunderland he can only get better under the wings of me and Niall the chairman.'

And the last deal of the day, was Jesus Navas, the right midfielder who will join from Sevilla after both clubs agreed a fee of over £8m. 'Jesus is another fantastic prospect and was out of favour at Sevilla. So we decided to see if he would like to come and help us become a top 10 team. He accepted and will undergo a medical tomorrow morning!'

Philp has also made a bid for Blackburn's Matt Derbyshire, and is waiting on a response

While waiting he has bid for another two players, who will hopefully agree to join, and can play on Saturday

Black Cats!

As expected, Jesus Navas, Gianni Zuiverloon and Roman Shishkin joined Sunderland today

Four other faces will also join tomorrow, all under the age of 20.

Royston Drenthe will join from Real Madrid. A fee of over £6.4m was agreed between the clubs. 'Roy is a fantastic talent and was out of favour at Real Madrid. The lad has potential so we decided to get him to Sunderland'

17 year old striker, Giovanni Dos Santos will join from Barcelona for 2.6m to add depth to the Sunderland strike force. 'Gio is a fantastic talent like Royston and will give great back-up to Michael Chopra and co. upfront'

15 year old Nicolas Millan, and also 17 year old Demba Ba, also joining both were picked up for 'peanuts'. The deals saw aging defenders Kenny Cunningham and Stan Varga go in the opposite direction.

'Be afraid Premiership!'

Black Cats!

Paul to recruit a defensive legend

Headline writers, journalists, critics and many other managers are scratching their heads as Paul Thame has dropped a massive hint that a legendary defender is on their way to Ashton Gate. Paul refuses to comment on who the defender will be, but most journalists are guessing the nationality of the mystery defender is German, and is costing Paul a fee of £900k.

Paul has also automatically cancelled the transfer of Argentinian Aldo Duscher as he failed the Ashton Gate medical after he lost his voice before the medical

Highly thought of defender Royston Drenthe joined Sunderland from Real Madrid today, and goes straight into the team for Saturday's match against Liverpool, away at Anfield.The 20 year old passed a medical this morning, and arrived for a fee over £7m in the end.

15 year old winger Nicolas Millan joined from Colo Colo, and may feature in Sunderland's cup games this season.

The SoccerManager FA cancelled a deal between Sunderland and Demba Ba's Belgian team as the deal was believed to be unfair.

And as Ross Philp entered the Stadium of Light today expecting to see Drenthe, Millan, Ba and also Giovanni Dos Santos, he could only see Royston and Nicolas..

He was told about the Millan deal caving in and Niall Quinn owned up to cancelling the deal for Gio Dos Santos. Philp, as expected was not happy but could understand why Quinn had cancelled the deal.

Philp is set to name the side that will face Liverpool early, Saturday afternoon.

Black Cats!

(BELOW)Christian Worns for £950k; Accepted

Highly thought of defender Royston Drenthe joined Sunderland from Real Madrid today' date=' and goes straight into the team for Saturday's match against Liverpool, away at Anfield.The 20 year old passed a medical this morning, and arrived for a fee over £7m in the end.

15 year old winger Nicolas Millan joined from Colo Colo, and may feature in Sunderland's cup games this season.

The SoccerManager FA cancelled a deal between Sunderland and Demba Ba's Belgian team as the deal was believed to be unfair.

And as Ross Philp entered the Stadium of Light today expecting to see Drenthe, Millan, Ba and also Giovanni Dos Santos, he could only see Royston and Nicolas..

He was told about the Millan deal caving in and Niall Quinn owned up to cancelling the deal for Gio Dos Santos. Philp, as expected was not happy but could understand why Quinn had cancelled the deal.

Philp is set to name the side that will face Liverpool early, Saturday afternoon.

[b']Black Cats![/b]

(BELOW)Christian Worns for £950k; Accepted

Spoil the surprise Ross... yes, the player I have signed, which HAS gone through, is Christian Worns, and yes, it was 950k, not 900k. Mis-read the number