Double D

Matt72

Two Division English Championship

Right then people, no thrills nothing original just a set-up based on general interest.

I was kindly given a custom set up by SM for a reason unbeknown to me, apart from the fact they have actually realised I am simply a class act on the forums.

I have a basic concept for a new custom set-up it still needs a lot of thought and is a long way off from being finalised so I thought due to many forum members being rather disgruntled at a new forum based English Championship being five divisions I would like to open a two division option for your enjoyment.

Nothing original (so before many of you hang draw and quarter me for stating something similar about a set-up in Custom GW of the year) I am doing this for the people.

Application for teams will open on 20/1/13 at 20:00 GMT.

Transfers can commence as from 21/1/13 at 08:00 GMT.

If any of you want the rules tweaking then voice your opinions when you express your interest. Have fun and enjoy.

Re: Two Division English Championship

Well that is 6 names already so lets hope we can fill this baby quickly and get it running this weekend.

Obviously after me getting my choice of team how are we going to decide who gets which team. First come first serve basis perhaps? Any suggestions?

Well that is 6 names already so lets hope we can fill this baby quickly and get it wunning this weekend.

Obviously after me getting my choice of team how are we going to decide who gets which team. First come first serve basis perhaps? Any suggestions?

We want it to be as much like a normal EC as possible, so after you make the game world, make it private application. It's first come first serve basis, whoever applies first gets the club provided they're 1 of the 40 selected and to make sure they are they should send you a confirmation message. Thoughts?

We want it to be as much like a normal EC as possible' date=' so after you make the game world, make it private application. It's first come first serve basis, whoever applies first gets the club provided they're 1 of the 40 selected and to make sure they are they should send you a confirmation message. Thoughts?[/quote']

agree matey..

heres wot I would do :) ..

I would create the gameworld now so its ready 2day within the next hour or so.. place the gameworld on lock.. when the interest is at a certain number/level simply state a time you will be changing the gameworld to application only that way all managers can already visibly see the creation and treat it like a standard world.. refresh and then apply for there side.. not just that its very visable for all to see then theres no foul play for arguments sake :) ..

interest levels will sore also people knoing the gameworld is ready 2 go a.s.a.p. imo :) ..

We want it to be as much like a normal EC as possible' date=' so after you make the game world, make it private application. It's first come first serve basis, whoever applies first gets the club provided they're 1 of the 40 selected and to make sure they are they should send you a confirmation message. Thoughts?[/quote']

Good idea. I could make it private yeah and once everyone has been added in game I could throw it open to whoever applies for the job first, or once the set-up is full it could be based on setting a time and date and whoever messages me in game first gets first choice, second gets second choice and so on.

agree matey..

I would create the gameworld now so its ready 2day.. place the gameworld on lock.. when the interest is at a certain number/level simply state a time you will be changing the gameworld to application only that way all managers can already visibly see the creation and treat it like a standard world.. refresh and then apply for there side.. not just that its very visable for all to see then theres no foul play for arguments sake :) ..

Locking the game world would mean friendlies would take place and leaves managers less time to finish their squad before the season opener..apart form that I agree with everything

agree matey..

I would create the gameworld now so its ready 2day within the next hour or so.. place the gameworld on lock.. when the interest is at a certain number/level simply state a time you will be changing the gameworld to application only that way all managers can already visibly see the creation and treat it like a standard world.. refresh and then apply for there side.. not just that its very visable for all to see then theres no foul play for arguments sake :) ..

interest levels will sore also people knoing the gameworld is ready 2 go a.s.a.p. imo :) ..

Whilst it is a good idea I would prefer it to be full before I open it. As this was one of the bones of contention with 27777 being 5 divisions that it wouldn't be filled.

I am interested as stated in the EC 27777 thread. Also I agree with Hancock on turning off SMFA monitoring. As it is forum filled don't think SMFA monitoring is needed.

Yeah I agree that SM monitoring should be off' date=' as you rightly said it is not needed.[/color']

Whilst it is a good idea I would prefer it to be full before I open it. As this was one of the bones of contention with 27777 being 5 divisions that it wouldn't be filled.

no probs matey :) ..

just keep us in the loop of how it is 2 run and ill b there :) ..

Interested mate.

Don't care who I get or how you do the teams, but I am of the opinion that if you are to try and make it like a standard EC then even your team can't be pre-selected, not sure how that would work but just my opinion.

You just going to do Premier League & Championship teams?

Interested mate.

Don't care who I get or how you do the teams' date=' but I am of the opinion that if you are to try and make it like a standard EC then even your team can't be pre-selected, not sure how that would work but just my opinion.

You just going to do Premier League & Championship teams?[/quote']

I am just doing the Premier League and the Championship.

Am I right in saying that you think on the basis of fairness I do not get to choose my team? Just this will really bare no relevance as I will be aware of when the set-up is created and still have an advantage over everyone else, however if everybody would prefer me not to choose a team from the onset I am prepared to do that.

Oh and welcome aboard mate.

as I will be aware of when the set-up is created and still have an advantage over everyone else' date=' however if everybody would prefer me not to choose a team from the onset I am prepared to do that.

[/color']

that was the reason why creating.. locking and then changing to application at a set time counteracted against this..

you could still wait till a certain amount of interest to create but if everybody can see the set up a few hour prior 2 kno its there at the point where u changed to application it would be obvious of no foul play :) ..

p.s not bothered who u take personally mate its your custom :) ..

that was the reason why creating.. locking and then changing to application at a set time counteracted against this..

you could still wait till a certain amount of interest to create but if everybody can see the set up a few hour prior 2 kno its there at the point where u changed to application it would be obvious of no foul play :) ..

p.s not bothered who u take personally mate its your custom :) ..

Might be worth at least giving it a day or two to see how the interest is fairing and then doing as you suggest.

I am just doing the Premier League and the Championship.

Am I right in saying that you think on the basis of fairness I do not get to choose my team? Just this will really bare no relevance as I will be aware of when the set-up is created and still have an advantage over everyone else' date=' however if everybody would prefer me not to choose a team from the onset I am prepared to do that.

Oh and welcome aboard mate.[/color']

Yeah fair point. I don't mind who you have to be honest mate it was just an observation.

I'm fine with whichever process you go with, would love a Chelsea but wouldn't mind a Leeds either! :)

A fair point has been raised while chatting to someone in game. They asked the question about how many teams will be in the championship, 24 or 20 like the prem. Anyone else have any suggestions on this?

Edit: Just checked EC 27775 which is a 2 division set up and it is two teams of 20.