• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Two Division English Championship No i like it, than i can say I'm in a double d

Re: Double D Cardiff City Transfer News Cardiff Capture Coentrao and Co. After a tremendous start Cardiff have gone from struggling to scorching after netting 14 goals in just 2 games under the

Re: Double D Boro decided to apply an old Jooles tactic to go for quality over quantity but not for 30+ guys.First time when I decided to do this and I'm over the moon.I won all my bids so far includ

Re: Double D

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to fierce rivals Arsenal.

Manchester United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Arsenal in their Division 1 fixture.

I really need to cut back on my sides since this is not the first time this week I have not double checked to make sure I have picked the right formation, tactics and in game instructions to counter my opponent.

Though this will be just one of many losses tonight since I have had far more important issues to deal with.

Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal FC

The Gunners managed to get 3 points from current leaders and rivals United.

Serbian winger Adem Ljajic scored the winner for Arsenal in 61st minute.

Manuel Neuer made a great game, closing the goal for Manchester.

A very good result for the Londoners, who moved up to 6th place now.

0.jpg

Ex-Roma player, Ljajic scored his second goal for his new team, Arsenal

Cardiff City Transfer News

Cardiff Capture Coentrao and Co.

After a tremendous start Cardiff have gone from struggling to scorching after netting 14 goals in just 2 games under their new manager.

This attacking football has caught the eye of many players looking to join an exciting project at a club on the up.

They say that great sides are built on solid foundations and Cardiff have made some key signings in defence that raise the quality and experience of their back line.

Ferreira Pepe - The Portu-geezer

3302.jpg

The Portuguese centre back was the first through the door bringing both experience and ability to Cardiff's defence. Playing alongside Dante has given Cardiff a formidable first choice pairing of the highest order.

Torres Juanfran - Fran-Tasic Juan

2915.jpg

With Cardiff looking to be on the front foot in games it makes sense to have a fullback who can deliver in the final third. Juanfran is such a player. Having impressed at current La Liga champions Atletico Madrid he was brought in to offer Ba and Martinez something to latch onto from out wide.

William Carvahlo - Here We Go Carvahlo

54860.jpg

The young Portuguese midfielder has shown his quality throughout the season with Sporting. With Cardiff wanting to provide a solid platform to build their attacks from Carvahlo was the perfect youngster to bring in.

Roman Neustädter and Sebastian Rode - Neu-one-Stander in the way of the Rode Block

38207.jpg38139.jpg

Two defensive midfielders this time from Germany. Only recently acquired by Munich Rode is a solid midfielder to anchor a midfield with. Cardiff will be hoping Rode can block any oncoming traffic into the midfield.

Neustädter is also expected to take a similar role after impressing at Schalke 04.

Ribas Diego - San Diego!

3317.jpg

Creativity, flair and technical ability are all traits of this talented attacking midfielder. Also an accomplished free kick taker, Diego has the skills to be a huge success at the Welsh club providing the spark in midfield.

Kevin Prince Boateng - Prince Not So Charming

8957.jpg

Boateng offers what every side wants, determination, strength and drive in midfield and Cardiff were delighted to secure such a physical presence. Capable of both defending and scoring, Boateng is the ideal box to box man for Cardiff.

Lucas Piazon, Matheus Dória, Junior Malanda and James Wilson - Give Youth a Chance!

61041.jpg58903.jpg57508.jpg73439.jpg

It seems Cardiff are looking to the future as well as the present with the signings of 4 U21 players. Malanda and Dória will look to learn from Pepe and Dante as they progress with Piazón understood to be training closely with Diego in the hopes he can develop the creative side of his game further.

The youngest player James Wilson impressed greatly on his United debut and Compton has admired him since seeing him play in the academy at United. The hopes are that he will blossom as expected into an efficient goalscorer in the top flight.

Fábio Coentrão - Arsenal Miss Out on Fab Deal!

12588.jpg

Cardiff fans will be particularly pleased with the signing of fullback Coentrão after the club beat Arsenal to his signature. The lure of the new manager was too great to resist it seems and now Cardiff have secured all their targets they look a real threat and too good for Division 2.

Cardiff City Transfer News

Cardiff Capture Coentrao and Co.

After a tremendous start Cardiff have gone from struggling to scorching after netting 14 goals in just 2 games under their new manager.

This attacking football has caught the eye of many players looking to join an exciting project at a club on the up.

They say that great sides are built on solid foundations and Cardiff have made some key signings in defence that raise the quality and experience of their back line.

Ferreira Pepe - The Portu-geezer

3302.jpg

The Portuguese centre back was the first through the door bringing both experience and ability to Cardiff's defence. Playing alongside Dante has given Cardiff a formidable first choice pairing of the highest order.

Torres Juanfran - Fran-Tasic Juan

2915.jpg

With Cardiff looking to be on the front foot in games it makes sense to have a fullback who can deliver in the final third. Juanfran is such a player. Having impressed at current La Liga champions Atletico Madrid he was brought in to offer Ba and Martinez something to latch onto from out wide.

William Carvahlo - Here We Go Carvahlo

54860.jpg

The young Portuguese midfielder has shown his quality throughout the season with Sporting. With Cardiff wanting to provide a solid platform to build their attacks from Carvahlo was the perfect youngster to bring in.

Roman Neustädter and Sebastian Rode - Neu-one-Stander in the way of the Rode Block

38207.jpg38139.jpg

Two defensive midfielders this time from Germany. Only recently acquired by Munich Rode is a solid midfielder to anchor a midfield with. Cardiff will be hoping Rode can block any oncoming traffic into the midfield.

Neustädter is also expected to take a similar role after impressing at Schalke 04.

Ribas Diego - San Diego!

3317.jpg

Creativity' date=' flair and technical ability are all traits of this talented attacking midfielder. Also an accomplished free kick taker, Diego has the skills to be a huge success at the Welsh club providing the spark in midfield.

[center']Kevin Prince Boateng - Prince Not So Charming

8957.jpg[/center]

Boateng offers what every side wants, determination, strength and drive in midfield and Cardiff were delighted to secure such a physical presence. Capable of both defending and scoring, Boateng is the ideal box to box man for Cardiff.

Lucas Piazon, Matheus Dória, Junior Malanda and James Wilson - Give Youth a Chance!

61041.jpg58903.jpg57508.jpg73439.jpg

It seems Cardiff are looking to the future as well as the present with the signings of 4 U21 players. Malanda and Dória will look to learn from Pepe and Dante as they progress with Piazón understood to be training closely with Diego in the hopes he can develop the creative side of his game further.

The youngest player James Wilson impressed greatly on his United debut and Compton has admired him since seeing him play in the academy at United. The hopes are that he will blossom as expected into an efficient goalscorer in the top flight.

Fábio Coentrão - Arsenal Miss Out on Fab Deal!

12588.jpg

Cardiff fans will be particularly pleased with the signing of fullback Coentrão after the club beat Arsenal to his signature. The lure of the new manager was too great to resist it seems and now Cardiff have secured all their targets they look a real threat and too good for Division 2.

Good stuff Ben, some real quality brought in there mate.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Manchester United to victory against Norwich City.

Manchester United beat Norwich City 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

özil scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Reus was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Well amazing what happens when I find the time to sort my team out, though it is only iawful so yet again he was on the receiving end of an ass kicking. Ozil got man of the match,well I guess he wishes he could just dive right into this game since he has been awful this season in real life. :P

Arsenal 1 - 0 Aston Villa

Arsenal FC managed a big win against Villa in ten men,

after Marouane Fellaini's sending off in the 64th minute.

The winning goal was scored in 88' by the new signing

Lewandowski, who replaced Lukaku in the second half.

Serbian Adem Ljajic again with the assist (his 3rd now).

Captain Manuel Neuer made an excellent game,

saving a number of 11 shots this evening.

The German goalkeeper was voted as MoM.

David Luiz ended the game with a minor injury.

Arsenal is now 4th in Division 1, after two consecutive wins.

article-0-1383AB21000005DC-889_468x319.jpg

The Polish striker scored his 1st goal for his new club, Arsenal FC.

dzz7rd.jpg

Say Halo To My Little Friend!

Lifeless Leeds fed to the Dragons!

Cardiff City 4 - 1 Leeds United

Things couldn't be better in Cardiff with Compton's men winning 4/4 so far in both the league and cup fixtures. While that is impressive in itself fans are being wowed every game by goals galore after another 4-1 win for Cardiff. This takes them to 18 goals in 3 games for the league and has rocketed their goal difference to the best in the league. Not only that but Cardiff are now already in the play off places with eyes firmly fixed on the top two and promotion!

Cardiff were once again tireless in their offensive play against a Leeds side that just couldn't get past such a solid unit. Wave after wave of Welsh attack came and the pressure was so intense that young Sam Byran panicked and scored an own goal with his head!

It looks like Compton's new signings have settled in nicely with Pepe providing a beastly performance at CB, Juanfran offering excellent width and solidity and of course Coentrao and Diego.

Coentrao's confidence seemed through the roof today as he took on Sam Byram all day giving him no rest and capped his debut off nicely with a great assist after getting into the box by placing the ball into the path of Diego.

Already nicknamed 'San Diego' by fans he had an instant impact scoring 2 goals and assisting in one, Diego was the lifeblood of the side this evening.

"(...) Arsenal FC managed a big win against Villa in ten men,

after Marouane Fellaini's sending off in the 64th minute. (...)

Captain Manuel Neuer made an excellent game,

saving a number of 11 shots this evening.

The German goalkeeper was voted as MoM.

(...)

Now for some added info:

ScreenShot2014-05-19at010854.png

It was down to the wire and only a tactical change to a more attacking formation saw Aston Villa become a little unbalanced in defence and get punished for a late mistake.

About Fellaini's red card (64 min): "FELLAINI makes a badly mistimed challenge with his studs on DAMIÃO. Red Card - The referee has no choice but to send off FELLAINI."

Lewandowski's goal is purely down to the quality of the striker (94) surpassed only by the MoM Manuel Neuer (95).

No wonder Villa couldn't score...

Great game though I reckon a draw would have been a fairer result. Oh well.

rvc1z7.jpg

Moutinho Follows Through With Cardiff Deal and Meyer Flies Off to England!

Compton Secures Midfield Maestro Moutinho for Cut Price Deal!

João Does He Do It?

The question on everyone's lips is just how did Compton manage to pull off such a coup?

Arguably his best transfer of the season Compton managed to secure the Portuguese international from Arsenal for young German star Max Meyer and £8,720,000. Moutinho will join fellow countrymen Pepe and Coentrão at Cardiff offering them further quality in central midfield.

Also through the door was Alvaro Arbeloa. The versatile fullback had fallen out of favour at the Bernabéu and was looking for first team football. Once again the lure of playing under Cardiff's new boss was too good to be true with the Spaniard putting pen to paper this morning.

I'm delighted with both signings. Moutinho is a top class playmaker who is full of energy. He's got a real keen eye for those longer passes which I feel will compliment what we have at the club already rather than replacing anyone. I am sure he will fit in nicely especially alongside Diego and settle in well as we have quite a few Brazilian and Portuguese players at the club now so language shouldn't be a barrier to performance.

I'm also proud to have signed such a decorated and experienced fullback in Álvaro who will add further quality to what has to be the best defence in Divison 2. Something I'm very proud of as before I arrived the club was scoring but also conceding heavily.

Finally I'd like to wish Max Meyer the best of luck. He looks a terrific talent I must admit and I was very impressed with him. He no doubt has a big future for Arsenal and Germany.

rvc1z7.jpg

Moutinho Follows Through With Cardiff Deal and Meyer Flies Off to England!

Compton Secures Midfield Maestro Moutinho for Cut Price Deal!

João Does He Do It?

The question on everyone's lips is just how did Compton manage to pull off such a coup?

Arguably his best transfer of the season Compton managed to secure the Portuguese international from Arsenal for young German star Max Meyer and £8' date='720,000. Moutinho will join fellow countrymen Pepe and Coentrão at Cardiff offering them further quality in central midfield.

Also through the door was Alvaro Arbeloa. The versatile fullback had fallen out of favour at the Bernabéu and was looking for first team football. Once again the lure of playing under Cardiff's new boss was too good to be true with the Spaniard putting pen to paper this morning.[/quote']

Yet another great write up Ben.

YouTube+crest.png

Cookiemonster takes control of Brighton and Hove Albion.

This season your Chairman expects you to finish in the top half of the table.

Brighton and Hove Albion were founded in 1901 and play their home games at AMEX Stadium in Brighton and Hove.

The club is also known as The Seagulls.

They have a rivalry with Crystal Palace and Southampton.

ip5vvb.jpg

Cardiff Comeback Shows Courage and Character!

Cardiff City 4 - 2 Watford

Round 2 of the Double D cup and Cardiff faced Watford.

This was Compton's 2nd cup test but the first time he would utilise his squad fully making 10 changes to the line up including 18 year old James Wilson making his debut!

Conceding early on in the 3rd minute from an Andy Carroll header left Cardiff fans worried as their side had yet to concede first in a game. This would be Cardiff's first real test of both quality and character.

The response from the touchline was encouraging, with so many youth players on the pitch Compton shouted across to 'keep calm and play your own game.'

The inexperience was there to see and Cardiff conceded another after Doria brought down Hogg only 5 yards outside the box. The free kick was curled superbly past Szczesny by Almen Abdi and Watford were looking likely winners.

The crowd fell silent and all that could be heard was the voice of Compton screaming to his players 'Believe, Believe!'.

With 5 minutes to go before half time young James Wilson was played in by Icardi, he took the ball into the box, struck for the bottom corner and caught the keeper off balance making it 1-2 just before half time

HALF TIME

The players came out and a steely look of determination was etched on every single Cardiff City player's face. The rest as they say is history...

James Wilson, full of confidence from his debut goal, played a beautiful through ball into the path of Baptistao who hit the ball first time up and over the outstretched hand of Almunia making it 2-2- just 51mins into the game.

The intensity of the attack from Cardiff mimicked their first team performances this half and the sense of anticipation rose in the stadium, Rode gathered the ball in midfield and rolled the ball wide to Fabio, the Brazilian broke into the box rifled a shot and goal and nearly took Almunia's foot off as he fell to the floor and the ball rippled the back of the net. 3-2 Cardiff 60 minutes played.

The atmosphere was euphoric, noise deafening and Cardiff were back on song playing excellent football and it was again young James Wilson who provided the inspiration for an emphatic 4-2 goal from the head of Neustadter. Wilson received the ball out wide, beat a man and delicately chipped the ball into the centre of the box only to be met by a bullet of a header from the German. With 83 minutes gone Watford were a spent force and did little to get back into the game.

Compton has continued not only an unbeaten streak but a winning streak since arriving at the club and has consistently scored at least 3 goals in every game. With 5/5 wins, 25 goals for in those games and just 6 conceded, it seems Cardiff are a team to watch this season under their new manager.

Arsenal lost against Manchester United in the Double D Shield

last night, score 1-2, on Emirates Stadium, London..

Sidney Sam scored for the Gunners, while for the Red Devils

Wayne Rooney scored twice - 40' and 76' (penalty).

The England International was voted as Man of the Match

for his performance against the Londoners last evening.

Santi Cazorla assisted Sam at the goal from the 43' minute.

David Luiz made a mistake and awarded a penalty to United.

Locadia and Kolasinac played their first game for Arsenal.

.. .. ..

Congratulations United for the victory, well deserved.

We played awful and were inefficient in this encounter.

Still got the Double D Cup game against Boro next week

and we must repair something after this flop..

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Manchester United to victory against fierce rivals Liverpool.

Manchester United beat Liverpool 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

özil scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Van Persie was also on the scoresheet for his side.

there is just no slipping up with this Utd side at present, a full 9 points ahead of the unlikeliest of challenges in Bolton (no offence Sean.) :P

In typical fashion I will capitulate at some point.