Game Updates Part 1

Game Updates Part 1  

1. 1.

• Upgrades (January 11, 2013)
    • Game World News Feed (December 4, 2012)
    • Scout Opposition (November 29, 2012)
    • Match Engine (November 21, 2012)
    • Player Positions (November 8, 2012)
    • Manager and Scout Reports (November 6, 2012)
    • Loans (October 26, 2012)
    • Address Concern (October 17, 2012)

Hi all, just wanted to start a poll which assess the relative popularity of the recent Game Upgrades that SM have introduced. I called it Part 1 because there will be more Updates in the future so there will be more polls :)

Multiple votes are allowed.

Please vote for the Updates that you DIDN'T enjoy/like. Please make a post which explains why you didn't like particular features.

Regards,

Hyina

Re: Game Updates Part 1

I disliked:

Scout Opposition: Because it was a total waste of credits and isn't useful to a manager at all, just extra ways to dig money from players' wallets IMO

Player Positions: Because it kinda makes the game look a lot more emotionless/cold/bare if you know what I mean? :o I much preferred the old system

Loans: Because it really sucks you can't loan anyone you like even though he won't start for your 3rd team, it's even more annoying when you are trying to help a mate out in the lower divisions but you can't. :(

I hate the new method of how you search for a player. In the past you could narrow down your search by using Def, Mid, Fwd. That has all been removed, replaced with something that in my view is designed to hack you off and use your coins on the scouts.

The scouts, what do they do? inform you that a player you have either signed or have on your shortlist is a promising player because his ratings have gone up. No way, that's why i have shortlisted the player.

A better system would have it throw up a random player who's ratings have increase, in a position your team needs filling and not on your shortlist.

I can understand the loan system but i wanna know how my chairman decides that my player, who was aloud to be loan listed, now can't go on loan as he's to good. I personally think it's down to SW, but that's something else i don't like and if i started talking about the mess it's causing and the imbalance in player ratings, allowing people to vote on players(most popular) then my head might fall off.

rep for doing this poll Hyina, i hope others share their views good and bad on what they think of the changes. With a bit of luck SM might get their head out of the sand and change things around.

most of these updates have damaged sm in my opinion. all these combined have brought the game beyond the point of rescue and i feel it will die within the next 1/2 years. also what a scam with the credits, they changed them to thousands of credits to buy stuff yet you still get only a few each day for logging in. sm obviously have no experience in marketing or either they think were stupid

most of these updates have damaged sm in my opinion. all these combined have brought the game beyond the point of rescue and i feel it will die within the next 1/2 years. also what a scam with the credits' date=' they changed them to thousands of credits to buy stuff yet you still get only a few each day for logging in. sm obviously have no experience in marketing or either they think were stupid[/quote']

Agreed, ironically, if you google 'soccer manager':

Soccer Manager is the best free online soccer manager game

I'm sorry but if I didn't join in this game 2 years ago I would never be able to afford anything just by logging in everyday.

Agreed' date=' ironically, if you google 'soccer manager':

I'm sorry but if I didn't join in this game 2 years ago I would never be able to afford anything just by logging in everyday.[/quote']

the game is free though, just have 2 clubs!

people 'pay' for the extras ie gold management just to have the extra perks.

you can still play 99% of the game for free..bar SMFA & Internationals

cant agree on the positions update though, IMO its much needed and a brilliant update. It reflects where players actually play in real life, i always perceived the old positions as in a way, 'cheating' as you could suit up a DEF or MID or WING in almost any position, when in real life, such players didnt correspond to that position.

much better now as its far more flexible and players can have more positions (if they warrant it)

;2418873']the game is free though' date=' just have 2 clubs!

people 'pay' for the extras ie gold management just to have the extra perks.

you can still play 99% of the game for free..bar SMFA & Internationals

cant agree on the positions update though, IMO its much needed and a brilliant update. It reflects where players actually play in real life, i always perceived the old positions as in a way, 'cheating' as you could suit up a DEF or MID or WING in almost any position, when in real life, such players didnt correspond to that position.

much better now as its far more flexible and players can have more positions (if they warrant it)[/quote']

But D©, F(RLC) doesn't even look vaguely real! :o

I don't like position update at first,but it's more because i'm so used to old position format,but now i adapt to new format,it's actually improvement. Like JMH said,it's much needed improvement as old format limit themselves to only 2 positions or instead Def and Mid position doesn't reflect their position (Zanetti used to be Def/Dm, he barely play at CB in real life,but he could play there at old format). If you play Football Manager too,you'll realize this is probably one of useful improvement rather than waste and worthless "upgrade" like Scout Opposition and Scout Report which simply made to grab money from inexperienced (or stupid) manager

I don't like position update at first' date='but it's more because i'm so used to old position format,but now i adapt to new format,it's actually improvement. Like JMH said,it's much needed improvement as old format limit themselves to only 2 positions or instead Def and Mid position doesn't reflect their position (Zanetti used to be Def/Dm, he barely play at CB in real life,but he could play there at old format). If you play Football Manager too,you'll realize this is probably one of useful improvement rather than waste and worthless "upgrade" like Scout Opposition and Scout Report which simply made to grab money from inexperienced (or stupid) manager[/quote']

Go to sleep! Its like 3am over there isn't it? :P

The worst game update has been the Upgrades. The motto of SM(as can be seen on facebook) is to let everyone play a football manager game for free. This is how they are making it free??? They've stoped adding credits for logging in daily, stopped giving credits to people who invites their friends & more over the prices of GWs & Gold Management has jumped to about 3 times. I decided to make a new custom GW with 9000 credits in bag 6000 more to buy. Earlier it was costing me 6000 credits to make a new one. But not according to my country in Asia, I have to pay 600 ruppes to buy 6000 credits which is about $12. Isn't it too much a new custom GW is for $18. That ridiculous!!!

But D©' date=' F(RLC) doesn't even look vaguely real! :o[/quote']

plenty of centre forwards can play CB and vice versa...

Gary Docherty

Dion Dublin

The worst game update has been the Upgrades. The motto of SM(as can be seen on facebook) is to let everyone play a football manager game for free. This is how they are making it free??? They've stoped adding credits for logging in daily' date=' stopped giving credits to people who invites their friends & more over the prices of GWs & Gold Management has jumped to about 3 times. I decided to make a new custom GW with 9000 credits in bag 6000 more to buy. Earlier it was costing me 6000 credits to make a new one. But not according to my country in Asia, I have to pay 600 ruppes to buy 6000 credits which is about $12. Isn't it too much a new custom GW is for $18. That ridiculous!!![/quote']

you can play with one account and 2 clubs for free. thats the free part.

if you want the added extras you pay.

they arent making a dishonest statement in their motto....

;2420318']plenty of centre forwards can play CB and vice versa...

Gary Docherty

Dion Dublin

you can play with one account and 2 clubs for free. thats the free part.

if you want the added extras you pay.

they arent making a dishonest statement in their motto....

but what if someone wants to play in gold or buy some customs? The point is, why different rates for different country & why rise in prices?

I voted for more than one, and agree with a lot of what has already been said (apart from the new player positions) it was a much needed change to make positions reflect real life.

The match engine is something that really sticks in my throat, whilst I can just about handle the fact that 3-5-2 can beat 4-4-2 one day and not the next, I mean after all to use a famous quote "it's a funny old game" what sickens me is how more often then not you can play for example's sake a 3-5-2 against a 4-4-2 dominate all the stats not once or twice but pretty much every time with a vastly superior team yet still lose the vast majority of games.

Plus some of the weird happenings in score centre perplex me.

One example that sticks in my mind is I read a post about someone who lost a game to a penalty in the last 10 mins to 10 men, the scorer of the penalty was the player who was sent off!!

Explain that one??????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...