Johnny Evans, Sell or Keep?

SavvyJ

Re: Johnny Evans, Sell or Keep?

Johnny Evans

Firstly' date=' if Evans goes up in rating, would it be a '90' or more?

Secondly, is he worth keeping, or selling to raise funds?[/quote']

Evans will definitely rise to 90. 91 is not out of question but I would say it will be generous if that were to happen. In any case, if the right opportunity comes along, I would trade Evans with someone better after he rises.

However, do not be rash as to sell him so quickly. As Ferdinand and Vidic ages, SAF will look more and more to the young ones like Evans to provide solidity to his defense. So be cautious about what you're getting if you decide to sell Evans!

Re: Johnny Evans, Sell or Keep?

Ferdinand and Vidic are still solid and will at least partner the defense this season if not the next one as well. However, Evans is their first substitute should they get injured, suspended or rotated (think Mascherano to Pique and Puyol). So I would not sell him if I was you unless you are getting someone who is younger/better like Bonucci or Varane.

90 looks definite for the next changes but 91 is a bit too soon unless he gets more appearances before the end of the season.