THE FINAL

DAiS GENESIS

VERSUS

THE PROTÉGÉ

22 Days

61 Game Worlds

559 Votes Cast (and counting)

It all leads here!

CUSTOM 2012 will bow out with this poll, The Final!

After over 550 votes across 4 rounds of polling DAiS Genesis and The Protégé have dominated against everything they have come up against.

Between them, these two Game Worlds have had a staggering 23% of the total votes cast and now is the time for these two monumentally popular Franchises to face off against each other!

Battle lines have been drawn, debate has been waging.

Two very different styles, Only ONE can win!

Links are provided above to check out the rules and regulations of each concept.

Up to you now!

Which concept deserves the honour of Forum Voted Setup of 2012?

:D Happy Voting :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: CUSTOM 2012 - The Final

Not in The Protege but Dai's Genesis is the one and only custom setup I am apart of. It is a great setup with a great set of lads and fully deserves it's place here in the final. When me and Dai put our heads together and came up with this custom I can honestly say that I did not expect it to be as popular or have the reputation it clearly has in such a short space of time.....Dai probably knew all along though!;):)

For this final, it is safe to compared between inside the setup and outside the setup. Eventhough it does not making sense, since it will always should be inside element of the setup, not the other way around. Well, I guess, I just want to be fair and try to see it from all angle.

The Protege. Brilliant and fresh concept to make a setup. Even though sometime it is bit gloomy outside of the setup which is forum, due to lacked of transfer between the manager. But the idea inside this setup the main foundation is top class. Never once see this kind of element before (since I joined SM).

Just don't understand about Dias Genesis to give a review on this one. Maybe it is only for a member/manager in that setup. For me it is just about the feature outside , which I understand the facebook group and the media (interview and stuff). But I don't see the inside element on this one (referring to the OP of the setup, so I assume it is a normal setup). Maybe the attraction on this one is the the owner take a big step on relating it with real life (facebook).

It is easy for me on this one. The Protege all the way. The idea of the setup itself is brilliant and pretty much exceeding the element of outside feature that Dias Genesis got.

I voted for DAIS Genises because I fear Dai would haunt my prostate if I didn't.... Seriously though its got plenty of good points about it.

- Short seasons and small leagues with 2 relegated/promoted. Excitement from the get go in the season and games are pretty much all 6 pointers.

- Good selection of teams, all pretty average with plenty of room for team development.

- Strong set of managers to make matches challenging at all times.

- Dai....his total commitment to try and make sure everybody gets the most out of the world that we can, that we all contribute, voice opinions, participate in all decisions/polls and that we become a community in the process.

But really I do think Dai is itching to haunt my prostate and voted to keep him happy :P

Guest drseanfitz

I am a proud member of both and its great to see the Protege here as Ben is a genius and has some of the best set ups ever created in Sm. but Dais Genesis is now a friggin part of my busy life and for this reason it gets my vote everytime;)
Not in The Protege but Dai's Genesis is the one and only custom setup I am apart of. It is a great setup with a great set of lads and fully deserves it's place here in the final. When me and Dai put our heads together and came up with this custom I can honestly say that I did not expect it to be as popular or have the reputation it clearly has in such a short space of time.....Dai probably knew all along though!;):)
I voted for DAIS Genises because I fear Dai would haunt my prostate if I didn't.... Seriously though its got plenty of good points about it.

- Short seasons and small leagues with 2 relegated/promoted. Excitement from the get go in the season and games are pretty much all 6 pointers.

- Good selection of teams' date=' all pretty average with plenty of room for team development.

- Strong set of managers to make matches challenging at all times.

- Dai....his total commitment to try and make sure everybody gets the most out of the world that we can, that we all contribute, voice opinions, participate in all decisions/polls and that we become a community in the process.

But really I do think Dai is itching to haunt my prostate and voted to keep him happy :P[/quote']

Dai's without a doubt for me' date=' I have 13 teams and Dai's Genesis is the 1 world that I check most, 5+ times a day!!!

The facebook group is what sets this game world apart from all the others, the guys are great for a laugh and to banter with constantly![/quote']

what the smurf and everyone else said(apart from the prostate bit).

The Protege is in my mind undoubtably the best concept in a custom setup there is - the pro/rookie concept is genuinely a stroke of genius - I have so much time for Ben & his set ups.

But for me Dais Genesis is IMO the best custom setup - I was one if the first to register interest and Its been awesome. The season length & quality. The forumers. The banter. The commitment of Dai. The media reports. Its a fantastic setup with a great bunch of guys who make it such.

So good even that Fluff and Gaz left and couldn't stay left! Even Dujo Tony (Dragon) has a place - he is the little brother or annoying cousin everyone picks on lol ;)

This is the final I predicted and what a worthy final it is! :)

Let me tell you a little story about a Welsh bloke. A story that will explain everything I have to say when it comes to my setup of choice for this final vote. The story? Well, it goes like this...

Nobody liked him.

But that didn't stop the miserable, impolite, anally-retentive wet blanket from rising from the ashes of Championship Manager Online, and returning to SoccerManager, a game which had not seen his name grace its pages for about five years.

Upon his return, Smouts thunk to himself, "Well, I've got no friends here. Again. But what about the good ol' days?". His mind was cast asunder to a time when the likes of Leigh Auston, Sam Wainwright and Simon 'SonOfPluto' were gracing the pages of the forum and tearing it up in-game. But then, Simon's always been there. Y'know that obelisk in 2001: A Space Odyssey? Simon was playing SM on that thing. And then he remembered another name...

There was one chap in particular. Funny, smart, well-endowed. He lit up the room everywhere he went. "If I can get Sky Blue Lee on board, I'm on to a winner", Dai thought. "He was the only one who knew how a light switch worked." He set about creating a setup so good he could get all the famous names of yore back onto SM.

Lee Bradbury was at the Top-Hat-And-Monocle party at the pub in his incredibly up-market and classy city where he lived, when he received a correspondence from his bestest best bessie chum, Sam. "Oi", it read. Lee knew what that word meant, so he kicked the first Leicester City fan he saw.

It wasn't what Sam meant.

"Dai Smout's making a new setup", continued the message, which also contained a link to its forum thread. He was about as hesitant as Katie Price is to a marriage proposal and an offer to publish the wedding in Okie-Dokie magazine. So Lee was on board.

Time passed, and Dai had managed to combine the classic SM-ers of old with the more modern, new-fangled eejits of today, such as Anthony Maddison, Scott Samuels and some Swede with half of Carpet Kingdom stuck to his lower jaw. Smouts knew he had a good thing going, but he wanted more. Much more.

As an ex-pat of CMO, Dai had seen the benefits of complete media interaction, offering what he loves to stress as 'Total Immersion'. Kinda like water boarding, his new members thought. Any questioning as to what he meant sparked a Vietnam-style moment of wistful horror in his voice. "You.... Weren't there." He set about in trying to create this total immersion on SM, in the best way possible, so that there would be constant newspaper updates on a dedicated site, with all the latest transfer news and rumours, match reports and all those lovely slagging matches we do so adore. But he couldn't quite manage it, so all we got is a couple o' threads and a lousy Facebook group.

Bless him though, he tried to atone for his failings. He made the Facebook group as acidic and hate-filled as possible (not too hard. The recipe usually reads 'Add one Welshman', which came factory-fitted thanks to Dai), and even gave Scott Samuels a job as the groups secretary. It's not Miss Moneypenny, but it'll do. For now. He then decided to liven-up the what-are-now doldrums of the SM Forums with a sign-up-slash-banter-and-general-gossip thread (hooray for hyphens!), a media thread for what turned out to be the closest thing to his newspaper dreams (you know you're boring when you dream of newspapers), even though none of his associates could write anything barely resembling a newspaper article (all articles on the thread are 100% truthful and contained no bias), and finally an interview thread, so we could all laugh at each other some more, in a way only Dai would find enjoyable.

As time went on further, the setup got truly up and running. Seasons fly by at a fast pace, and all the leagues are tight and competitive. The transfer market, though still coming towards the end of its infancy, is competitive enough to be interesting, and will be even more compelling once a few more inter-setup transfers are made between managed clubs. Anyone is welcome to join (although not leave. Swallowing your pride and returning upon realising your mistake WILL invoke some sort of sado-masochistic punishment all for the Welshman's sick delight), and anyone who does join will enjoy it.

I think it's fair to say that DaIS Genesis, while still quite young compared to other setups, has come very far, and will continue to make massive strides as it goes on.

The End

And that's why I'm voting for The Protege. ;)

Guest drseanfitz

I'd say this has been wrapped up a;ready' date=' Dais till i die.[/color']

Might go put the BBQ on the celebrate.

bit early to say that, protege is a great setup- with many fans - I wouldn't rule it out until the poll closes

the closeness off the voting (22-20) shows that the 2 set ups are by far the best and that this competition got the Final it deserved;)

Because this is the final the Forum deserves' date=' but not the one it needs right now. So we'll join them. Because they can take it. Because their not our worst. They are silent guardians, a watchful duo. A custom gameworld.

loooool I am a Dark Knight addict looool

Now 22-20. Tony had to open his mouth :P

hahaha thats why we bully him on a daily basis:rolleyes:

Because this is the final the Forum deserves' date=' but not the one it needs right now. So we'll join them. Because they can take it. Because their not our worst. They are silent guardians, a watchful duo. A custom gameworld.

loooool I am a Dark Knight addict looool

Holy Smoke you've been in the pub since one oclock haven't you?:D

Archived