American Soccer League 498

Guest drseanfitz

Re: American Soccer League 498

phi_Union_logo_lg.png

-Is Ruiter the answer for Philly?-

indeschijnwerpers_robbinruiter-675x290.jpg

-Ruiter, here seen in action for FC Utrecht-

When newly appointed manager Chris Bishop took over Philadelphia Union, his biggest worry was the GK position ... granted, in goal ... The Union had highly talented Zac Macmath but Bishop wasn't too keen on letting such a young kid be responsible for the team's defences.

Instead, he scoured the player market for an experienced european GK with a chance at rising.

And so the choice fell on Dutch GK Robbin Ruiter, Ruiter is 25 years old (26 in march) who currently plays for FC Utrecht.

Ruiter was the first choice GK for lower leauge team Volendam for 4 seasons before joining FC Utrecht prior to this season.

Utrecht bought Ruiter solely for the purpose of making him their first choice GK, and he has not dissapointed, 1800 minutes, and 20 out of 20 games played so far in Eredivisie ... And he's done a good job, Utrecht are 6th in the leauge, and Ruiter is a big part of why that is.

He is currently sitting on a 78 rating, a rating that I personally believe will be increased to 84/85 in the next review.

Either way, I have great hopes for Ruiter, and I think that he'll be a complete success !

Ruiter_0.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So yeah, no big and fancy news post. :o

Anywho, I've signed:

Tom Cleverley

Demba Ba

Danny Potts

Gael Bigirimana

Paulo Gazzaniga

Francis Coquelin

Roberto Insigne

Nathaniel Clyne

Steven Caulker

Andre Wisdom

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco Alcacer

Michu

Kyle Naughton

Ashley Williams.

So yeah, 15 signings. Let's just say I'm looking forward to the English rating changes! :D

So yeah' date=' no big and fancy news post. :o

Anywho, I've signed:

Tom Cleverley

Demba Ba

Danny Potts

Gael Bigirimana

Paulo Gazzaniga

Francis Coquelin

Roberto Insigne

Nathaniel Clyne

Steven Caulker

Andre Wisdom

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco Alcacer

Michu

Kyle Naughton

Ashley Williams.

So yeah, 15 signings. Let's just say I'm looking forward to the English rating changes! :D[/quote']

Danny potts :D Very good LB for his age.(From a West Ham fan)

Good 3-0 win tonight over a Toronto side that contained a lot of players I had looked at signing or attempted to sign in the last week.

In the end though, it was Ashley Williams, who only joined the club today, who scored a brace(!), and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain who got the mighty Schalke a 3-0 win. :D

Ashley Holtom steered New England Revolution to victory against Chicago Fire.

New England Revolution beat Chicago Fire 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Cuenca scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Nguyen was also on the scoresheet for his side.

yep' date=' didn't bid too high. I'll sign more yet[/quote']

Yeah, I've been busting my balls over the weekend drawing up deals and making them all work out, making sure I didn't leave any positions exposed. With teams like these it can be a real ball-ache to get the best players possible as you can guarantee that others are after them too, and it's all going to be within a tight budget. You win some, lose some, and move on to the next target. I guess in a way I'd be worse off right now if some of my other bids had been accepted e.g. Sterling, Nastasic (you git :P), Cahill, and some players I had to let go due to other players being bid for (Jenkinson).

Yeah' date=' I've been busting my balls over the weekend drawing up deals and making them all work out, making sure I didn't leave any positions exposed. With teams like these it can be a real ball-ache to get the best players possible as you can guarantee that others are after them too, and it's all going to be within a tight budget. You win some, lose some, and move on to the next target. I guess in a way I'd be worse off right now if some of my other bids had been accepted e.g. Sterling, Nastasic (you git :P), Cahill, and some players I had to let go due to other players being bid for (Jenkinson).

He was the only RB riser i could really afford lol :P

Archived