Buying From Unmanaged Teams (Further Improvements)

Just a small suggestion to improve the "No Player Exchange" thing.

I looked at Every Gold Championship there is and found that every team has one or more star players missing?

What I'm suggesting is that an unmanaged team is not allowed to sell a star player.

Now a player can go for the right price only (No players on the side) but sometimes money cannot buy a suitable replacement.

Example:

Barcelona are unmanaged (Yeah right:rolleyes: )

Other managers would not be able to buy the likes of eto'o, Henry, Ronaldinho, Messi etc just yet.

So the new manager can take over with a full squad

I am mainly targeting this to GC's and new setups because every team you see available, they always have their star players missing. Also in GC's players rated 86+ are considered as the best in the game as there is such a huge scramble for players.

Any Ideas guys?

Just a simple idea which leads to so many unmanage teams (I think)

Re: Buying From Unmanaged Teams (Further Improvements)

Not sure I agree with this mate, I like the rules that are in place at the moment. It takes a lot of cash to buy a 'star' player from a team and surely thats enough.

What I would suggest though is that no manager in any setup should be able to sell thei last goalkeeper at the club unless they are getting another keeper as part of the deal. I have seen it far to often and ruins the team not only for any perspective managers but also for the managed teams in the division that now have to play a team with no goalie!

Not sure I agree with this mate' date=' I like the rules that are in place at the moment. It takes a lot of cash to buy a 'star' player from a team and surely thats enough.

What I would suggest though is that no manager in any setup should be able to sell thei last goalkeeper at the club unless they are getting another keeper as part of the deal. I have seen it far to often and ruins the team not only for any perspective managers but also for the managed teams in the division that now have to play a team with no goalie![/quote']

yeah but paying 20M for kaka (for example) when a team is unmanaged is not real, i mean, when is managed you got to pay like 90M to get him... and as we see today madrid offered about 80M for him and milan rejected the offer so its not cool that people buy him for just 20M... the keeper thing its very true and i support you all the way mate

Excellent idea Spark totaly agree.

Even though we now have to pay more for "star" players its still nowere near the amount the new manager would have wanted.

You can buy them all for under 20mil, which is very unrealistic and just an easy way to build a good team.

Maybe the unmanaged team would only accept offers for players X amount above there 1st 11 average rating

Even though we now have to pay more for "star" players its still nowere near the amount the new manager would have wanted.

You can buy them all for under 20mil' date=' which is very unrealistic and just an easy way to build a good team.

Maybe the unmanaged team would only accept offers for players X amount above there 1st 11 average rating[/quote']

Yeah, i like the X idea.

The only reason i started this was, i was looking through so many GC teams and most unmanaged (Big) teams had no 87's!!:eek:

Same here' date=' looked at many GC's but most teams have loadsof players gone...but even with 140million in the bank it is hard to buy players as the prices in GC's are generally higher[/quote']

yeah exactly, looks like 88 rated players are like the 95's in GC's!!

So unmanaged teams would not be able to sell players below the average rating of the starting 11?

so E.G.

I'm Barca, my strongest starting 11 average is 95, which means Marquez, Puyol, Deco, Xavi, Zambrotta, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Henry are not allowed to leave.

How is that?

More ideas/comments appreciated:)

You can buy them all for under 20mil' date=' which is very unrealistic and just an easy way to build a good team.

Maybe the unmanaged team would only accept offers for players X amount above there 1st 11 average rating[/quote']

Yep must agree with Sparky as well,like the above solution or you could make it that 90 rated players can not be bought no matter what the 1st 11 rating is,that way no top players can go.

Yep must agree with Sparky as well' date='like the above solution or you could make it that 90 rated players can not be bought no matter what the 1st 11 rating is,that way no top players can go.[/quote']

Yup that sounds good so new managers have the players they want. And it's more fun to build your team up while negotiating with managed clubs:)

• 1 month later...

SPARKY you have the right idea!!

i dont think i will join any the GM championships.. as

they really are not worth joining.. every top club has best players.

all best clubs with money have bought all the best player.

so if you join with team with 88M what can you do with that

buy players that are 85+ which to be real you not going win the

league with teams like man u, barcelona, inter

so unless you join and quickly become the best team manager you

not going enjoy the league..

but to be honest i love the challenge of a smaller club..but one

that has some there star players.. not join them and

11 players gone out and only 4 have come in mean you dont even

have a team thats got backup in case needed..

anyway i love my new GM :D

• 6 months later...

Yeah,

when creating this thread - I got tired with the amount of players that unmanaged GC clubs had -

But yeah, an overall implementation would be needed.

It would also test a managers transfer ability ;)

As he has to deal with human managers

Yeah' date='

when creating this thread - I got tired with the amount of players that unmanaged GC clubs had -

But yeah, an overall implementation would be needed.

It would also test a managers transfer ability ;)

As he has to deal with human managers[/quote']

deffinetly, would proboblt attract more GM aswell because it will mean all the clubs have there normal players

it would also help fill up all GCs because at the moment its all the big clubs that go and the little clubs get left mostly becuase all there players get bought when unmanaged

I love the idea and suggested something along the same lines in a thread some time ago - not sure which. But I mainly got negative responses along the lines of the following:

1) Transfers are the best part of the game and this will restrict transfers

2) Would encourage club hopping

3) People who love building huge squads will feel this restricts their ways of building their enormous youth squads

As I say I love it and only see it good for the game. I'm just preparing you for the responses that should be following very soon (as they did when I suggested it) ;)