Roscoee's Prem Rating Increases..

Ross.DAFC85

Well, the English rating changes are on their way and below is a list I have compiled from the Premiership. I have stuck to increases only. The changes are sure to shock and surprise as usual, so Ive had a go at what I think the following players should/could/possibly will rise to. Its taken me over an hour and a half to make this, and I know its long but please read through. Thanks..

Eboue - 90/91

A 2 point increase is possible. He has lightning pace, has played well on the right and also pops up with a goal from time to time.

Bendtner - 86/87

Impressive last season out on loan at a lower level, and performed consistently, also scoring. Done well back at Arsenal pre-season and will get a chance coming off the bench to make an impact this season. 86, possibly 87

Clichy - 90/91

Gets up and down the pitch very effectively and likes to get involved in the play. Plays well on a regular basis and has semented a place in the Arsenal XI

Flamini - 89

May rise and may not. I think he should rise as when Gilberto has been out of the side, Flamini has played well and in no way looked out of place. Can always be relied on and is consistent in the midfield

Agbonlahor - 88

Like Richards and Eboue, Gabby has fantastic pace and uses it very well. Often gets in behind defenders and is a good crosser of the ball. Bags of potential, and is still only 20 years of age

Hunt - 88

Regular last season in a very good Bolton side. Should be an 88, however as Bolton struggle at the start of this campaign, may stay at 87 for now. I think 88 is fair as he is very good on that right hand side, both at attcking and defending

Derbyshire - 85-87

A very good young prospect and certainly deserves at least an 85, could easily make it to 86, and may reach 87. Only 21, but on the pitch he looks so comfortable on the ball and expresses himself. Usually always scores, coming on as a sub. Finds it hard to get into a team with McCarthy, Roberts, Nonda and now Santa Cruz

Mikel - 88/89

When placed in a midfield with Lampard/Ballack/Makelele, he never looks out of place. Usually plays at as a sub, but when he played a few games on the trot last season, he really impressed. Deserves at least an 88, possibly an 89

S.W.P - 90

Maybe not in these rating changes coming up, as he wasn't playing much last season, but looks now to have secured a spot on the right wing. Has shown evidence of the Man City Wright-Phillips and if he continues to play for Chelsea, he may reach 90

Lescott - 89

Very capable of an 89, as he has made a good start to the season, as have Everton. Defends well regularly and if he continues to perform, he should get to 89

Baines - 89

Injured at the moment, but past seasons form for Wigan, warrants an 89. Scores goals, attacks, good delivery and can only get better at Everton. Should get games in front of Valente, once he returns from injury. 89 I would say.

Osman - 89

Very under-rated and I have been very impressed with him. Has gotten himself a place in the first 11 at Goodison and had a very good season last year. Scores goals from midfield and is very skilful. Has started this campaign brightly.

Healy - 86

Excellent for country, but can do more at club level. For Northen Ireland he is fantastic and a real goalscorer. Now at Fulham, he should increase. He has already scored a few goals already, so he has already adapted to life in the Premiership. If he gets into double figures could reach 88, come the next rating reviews.

Rosenior - 87

Stuck out like a sore thumb in a poor Fulham side last season. Has to rise at least to 87 now, and may go higher if he shows the form he did last season.

Reina - 93

Must increase at least to 93. Sensational for Liverpool and very, very reliable. Performs consistently for Liverpool and part of that Liverpool back line, who are so strong

Carragher - 94/95

Probably the most under-rated defender in the Premiership, and he's English! Excellent every season for Liverpool, helping them to have probably the best defensive record in the Premiership last season. Doesn't feature for the national side, but definitely must increase anyway.

Arbeloa - 88/89

Played at the tail-end of last season, and has started for Liverpool so far this season. Playing in the left-back position usually taken by Riise. Plays the game simply and has impressed.

Agger - 91/92

Features for Liverpool game, after game, after game. Played excellently last season for such a young lad, in the defence of such an historic team. Great partnership with Carragher and must increase. Consistently performs well.

Babel - 90

Possible change for the Dutchman who sealed an 11.5m move to Liverpool. Featured early on as a sub, but may make his way into the side, pushing Pennant onto the bench. Was inspirational for the Dutch U21 side in the finals, guiding them to the trophy.

Richards - 90

In excellent form for City, definitely must increase. Posibly 89 but no reason why not to go to 90. He is electrifying pace, and consistently plays well too

Geovanni - 88

Has impressed early on for City, in a much changed side. Has adapted well coming from overseas, as so many players struggle to do so. Slight increase to 88 is possible, however it is early on.

Evra - 92

Took Gabriel Heinze's left-back spot away from him. Must increase as he was excellent last season. Hasn't yet featured this season, as United struggle, maybe he will spark them into life. Attacks and defends well and must get to 92!

Vidic - 93/94

Like Evra, Nemanja must increase! Must! Just as good as Rio last season if not better. Very strong in the air and on the ground. He played a vital role in United securing the Premiership title. 93 at least, but I think 94!

Eagles - 85/86

Regular appearances as a sub for the reigning Champs and looks good. Only 21 and can only get better under Sir Alex. I think an 86 is warranted.

Ronaldo - 97

Excellent last season, may stay at 96 as he only just recently rose in rating. Not an 98 at yet for me. Must perform like last season to get a 98, as one season isn't enough. He has set a standard, and from now on must reach that each season.

Tevez - 94

Possible slight increase to 94, but no move won't be anything harsh. Was sensational from when he scored that free-kick against Spurs, onwards until the last day of the season where he kept West Ham up. Should do well and has 2 months while Rooney is injured, to sement himself in the 11.

Nani - 90

Has begun to get games at United and played well at his former club. Maybe a slight increase to 90, however he will probably stay at 89.

Milner - 89/90

A fine young talent who plays well consistently for Newcastle. Can only get better under Big Sam and must increase to at least 89. A 90 howeve, is not out of reach in my opinion.

Taylor - 87

Excellent at the back for Newcastle. The U21 was great at the World Cup for Stuart Pearce's England side. Must increase, as he is very consistent for his club. Still very young too

Nugent - 87

Like Taylor good for club, and also country. Must establish himself in the Pompey team to increase further, but an 87 is fair for now. A revelation for Preston last season, and made a much-needed move to the Premiership over the summer.

O'Neil/Davis - 88

Both have featured recently for Pompey on a regular basis. I think they may increase, but I wouldn't say they definitely deserve to rise. If they continue to play well for Harry's side they will surely get an increase.

Taylor - 89

Fabulous for Portsmouth last season, and may get to 89. To get any further he must feature for England. He may be the answer to their left-sided worries. Currently behind Downing in that pecking order however!

Campbell/James - 92

Both may make it to the 92 mark, having recently been linked again with the England setup. Both were great last season for Portsmouth and should get a points increase possibly

Hunt - 86

Performing regularly for Reading who were great last season. Scores often as well and can play out wide or upfront. May get a points increase, and I think it is very warranted indeed.

Lita - 87

Also performed very well at the U21 World Cup. Played well last year in Reading's great first season. Everytime he plays, he seems to score. Must get up to Kevin Doyle's standard to play regularly.

Shorey - 87

Like Lita and Hunt Nicky Shorey played very well last season for Reading. He earned a cap for the full England squad earlier in the year, and should rise one point to 87.

Chopra - 86

After starting on the bench and then scoring the winner, Chopra also got on the scresheet for the Black Cats the game after. Looks to have secured a place in Keane's 11, and if he continues to score later on he may reach 87.

Bale - 85/86

Southampton's star man last season and had basically a choice of clus in the Premiership. He chose Spurs and arrive for £10m. Yet to play due to injury, however at 18, the lad has bags of potential.

Lennon - 90

Excellent speedy winger for Spurs and really makes a difference when he is in the side. He has a great touch, and can whip in a fantastic cross. Must increase, and is only 20 years old!

Huddlestone - 89

Possible increase for the 20 year old, who also performed well with England U21s. Appears usually as a sub for Tottenham, and regularly impresses. An 89 I beleive is fair, after he was good last campaign.

Dawson - 90

Still young, but an excellent player who plays very well for Spurs at the back. Must increase in my opinion, but may stay at 89, as he can't seem to stay fit.

Robinson - 93

Excellent keeper, England's number one! Better than Lehmann who is rated 93, and deserves an increase. I mean, cmon, he scored with a free-kick from his own half. And he's a keeper!

Chimbonda - 89

Great going forward and also good defending. Can play also at left-back but he is definitely better and more comfortable on the right. Very under-rated and deserves an 89 at least!

Noble - 87

Yes a big increase, but in fact may go higher. Very good for West Ham, and a regular, at the age of 20. Very big part of the Hammers' midfield and has to reach at least 87!

Green - 88/89

Very good keeper. Fantastic shot stopper and definitely under-rated by SM at 86. I think 88 is a fair rating, and 89 is not unacheiveable.

Koumas - 87/88

Got his move to the Premiership to Wigan and has started brightly. Excellent for West Brom in the past and at 86, he surely must rise. 87 or 88 for me!

Ok so there's my list. Feel free to debate as you see fit!

Any rep will be appreciated :)

(HINT HINT ;) )

Re: Roscoee's Prem Rating Increases..

To be honest i think its way to early to be thinking about these yet..but i will do my view on the Arsenal ones anyway..

Eboue - 89,Definitely no increase needed at all,been poor recently.

Bendtner - 86,Increase of one has started to play a lot more and played a lot of pre season games.

Clichy - 90/91,already an 89 Roscoee but needs to be increased first out of anyone imo.

Flamini - 89,Totally agree..Been the main man in midfield recently.

also added to those -

Hleb - 91,Surprised you didnt mention Hleb,been fantastic this season so far..

Sagna - 89,possibly an increase been great pre season and so far in the CL and the EPL

Alex Song - 85,Been playing for Cameroon a lot recently.

Armand Traore - 84,Pre season was excellent and 80 is too low.

Diaby - 87,Called up for France,becoming a key player for Arsenal.

Denilson - 86,Been great again pre season must go up one.

...I know some people will say pre season doesnt count,I think it does because some of the German changes went off them e.g Ribery :rolleyes:

Nice

Dont agree with Bale, Robinson, Koumas,

Bale hasent played in the premiership yet at all so i dont see a rise this time round maybe 1 if hes very lucky.

Koumas same again has played a handfull in the premiership but no way he deserves 88 when doyle was 1 of the top goal scorers last season he olny got an 87 so koumas 86 max for the moment.

Robinson 93 same as Given? lol no way.

He has way better defenders in front of him for both club & country but still manages to leak a shed load of goals & the kitchen aswell.

Leahman will decrease anyway. {Edit} just heard he made a howler in england match tonight aswell lol}

Very decent list Ross, as I said on MSN though I think there are 3-4 I would have to disagree with. Firstly, I saw Clichy has to go up to a 91, he is starting every week for Arsenal and has done for over a year. He is also top quality and is now in the France squad. Secondly, I say Micah Richards has to go to 91, I am a huge fan of his and he has been fantastic for City so far this season and a big reason why City are top of the league right now. He is also starting for England now and looks as if he could keep the position even when Gary Neville is fit! Thirdly, Steven Taylor to 89 - he has been awesome for England U21's and is now established in the Newcastle back 4. He also has tremendous potential and leadership qualities. I would say an 89 for sure. Lastly, Paul Robinson to increase, I know you are a spurs fan but are you mad?? Robinson to a 90 for me. I have mentioned in another thread the reasons why but basically he is nowhere near his form of 2 years ago and has no confidence!

Shelby: Okay you are welcome to you opinion on Bale. But as with Koumas I have said 87/88, meaning 87, 88 at a push. Also with Robinson that is my opinion.

Leigh: With Clichy, I meant 90/91, as I earlier had 89/90 mistakenly. I agree with you. With Taylor and Richards I think that is fair what you have said, but I don't think SM would move them that high, but you never know. And Robbo wont decrease

PS - Im not a Spurs fan!! :eek::mad:

Well' date=' the English rating changes are on their way and below is a list I have compiled from the Premiership. I have stuck to increases only. The changes are sure to shock and surprise as usual, so Ive had a go at what I think the following players should/could/possibly will rise to. Its taken me over an hour and a half to make this, and I know its long but please read through. Thanks..[/color']

Agbonlahor - 88

Like Richards and Eboue, Gabby has fantastic pace and uses it very well. Often gets in behind defenders and is a good crosser of the ball. Bags of potential, and is still only 20 years of age

S.W.P - 90

Maybe not in these rating changes coming up, as he wasn't playing much last season, but looks now to have secured a spot on the right wing. Has shown evidence of the Man City Wright-Phillips and if he continues to play for Chelsea, he may reach 90

Ronaldo - 97

Excellent last season, may stay at 96 as he only just recently rose in rating. Not an 98 at yet for me. Must perform like last season to get a 98, as one season isn't enough. He has set a standard, and from now on must reach that each season.

Milner - 89/90

A fine young talent who plays well consistently for Newcastle. Can only get better under Big Sam and must increase to at least 89. A 90 howeve, is not out of reach in my opinion.

Lennon - 90

Excellent speedy winger for Spurs and really makes a difference when he is in the side. He has a great touch, and can whip in a fantastic cross. Must increase, and is only 20 years old!

Ok so there's my list. Feel free to debate as you see fit!

Any rep will be appreciated :)

(HINT HINT ;) )

Nice list, and the ones I agree with I have deleted. The rest I dont agree.

Agbonlahor should be a 87 as long as Walcott is 85 and Bentley is 89. He has not been spectacular recently, and this rating change has come a bit too soon for him perhaps.

SWP has not doen enough IMO to warrant a 90. I think Bentley is more deserving than him. So once again, although I do believe he will get the 90, it is not now.

Lennon is raw. There has been much discussion about his rating and firmly believe he is perfectly rated at 89 for the time being. The fact that he is injured doesnt help his cause. 90 possibly at the next change but not now.

Ronaldo has done enough to warrant a 96. However with players like Kaka and Gerrard at 97, I would imagine Cristiano staying at 96 until perhaps Kaka moves up a notch as well, because they are not in the same league IMO.

Finally, Milner will improve, no two ways about it, but he hasnt really caught my eye as yet. He has yet to make the England squad on a regular basis, so the 88 is fine.

Why should Babel and Huddlestone get 90's??? and Mikel only get a 88/89?? Mikel is one of the best midfielders in the world at his age' date='yet not reflected on sm,How is Huddlestone better than Mikel???:confused::eek:[/quote']

One of the best midfielders in the world!?!!!? come on he is good but not world class at all,Chelsea only us him if they are desperate he should go to 88 imo but Flamini and Huddlestone should go up not o 90 but higher than Mikel,i don't agree with Babel though yet...

One of the best midfielders in the world!?!!!? come on he is good but not world class at all' date='Chelsea only us him if they are desperate he should go to 88 imo but Flamini and Huddlestone should go up not o 90 but higher than Mikel,i don't agree with Babel though yet...[/quote']

Read what I said Danny,I said he was one of the best at his age... But in SM there are loads better that are Mikel's age,a 90 for Mikel in my opinion..

Remember Mikel plays for Chelsea a team with class midfielders,he shouldn't get punished for that,and still plays enough games,Babel should stay the same as he has to prove himself at this level,no way are Flamini and Huddlestone better than Mikel.

Read what I said Danny' date='I said he was one of the best at his age... But in SM there are loads better that are Mikel's age,a 90 for Mikel in my opinion..

Remember Mikel plays for Chelsea a team with class midfielders,he shouldn't get punished for that,and still plays enough games,Babel should stay the same as he has to prove himself at this level,no way are Flamini and Huddlestone better than Mikel.[/quote']

Yes i meant it like that at his age he isnt his best...

Read what i said Keith,Mikel barely plays for Chelsea only if they are desperate...

Flamini is way better and plays more and Huddlestone plays for England U21 and quite alot for Spurs...

Yes i meant it like that at his age he isnt his best...

Read what i said Keith' date='Mikel barely plays for Chelsea only if they are desperate...

Flamini is way better and plays more and Huddlestone plays for England U21 and quite alot for Spurs...[/quote']

What??? He is one of the best at his age,Flamini better than Mikel?? As for Huddlestone he would get nowhere near the Chelsea midfield,Mikel plays for Nigeria,he has turned games around in the Champions League,if Mikel played for Spurs he walk in their team,I'm actually surprised as I feel that it would go without saying that Mikel is better than both these players,hands down.

Keith & Danny, take your gripe to PM and or MSN please. :rolleyes:

All I'll say is where's DOYLE??? :eek:

He was THE brighest revelation in the EPL last season for me. M. Richards was right up there beside/hind him. Both should be 89 or 90 imho. B)

If Gerrard is worthy of a 97, then Ronaldo should be the same based on last seasons form.

I wish people would look at the facts from last season rather than judge players on pre-season trials and the 2/3 games played so far in 2007/08.

Cheers,

Herby

Keith & Danny' date=' take your gripe to PM and or MSN please. :rolleyes:

All I'll say is where's DOYLE??? :eek:

He was THE brighest revelation in the EPL last season for me. M. Richards was right up there beside/hind him. Both should be 89 or 90 imho. B)

If Gerrard is worthy of a 97, then Ronaldo should be the same based on last seasons form.

I wish people would look at the facts from last season rather than judge players on pre-season trials and the 2/3 games played so far in 2007/08.

Cheers,

Herby[/quote']

Relax it's just difference of opinion,I agree with Kevin Doyle he should be up to 89/90,and now has nailed down his place for Ireland..

Relax it's just difference of opinion' date='I agree with Kevin Doyle he should be up to 89/90,and now has nailed down his place for Ireland..[/quote']

Keith,

I'm relaxed mate :D

I just know that Danny can get very passionate about some players (ie Arsenal) and you're right it is a matter of opinion hence neither of you will win the argument. :P

Huddlestone probably had the most game time last season out of the 3 (incl UEFA cup experience), so based on form and performance rather than talent, he deserves to be an 88.

Mikel played quite a few EPL games and for one of the best teams in europe so he should be on par with Huddlestone imho

Flamini was only a filler last season and although a french international, he shouldn't be on the same rung as the other 2 above so 87 for me would be just.

Herby

What??? He is one of the best at his age' date='Flamini better than Mikel?? As for Huddlestone he would get nowhere near the Chelsea midfield,Mikel plays for Nigeria,he has turned games around in the Champions League,if Mikel played for Spurs he walk in their team,I'm actually surprised as I feel that it would go without saying that Mikel is better than both these players,hands down.[/quote']

To be honest, Huddlestone and Mikel are pretty different players, so I dont quite see what the commotion is all about. Huddlestone is more creative and is a better passer and shooter. Obi is a better tackler and he tends to break play up very well. You wont often see Obi making that killer pass to unlock a defence and neither will you often see Huddleman making a last gasp challenge to deny the opposition a goal.

To be honest' date=' Huddlestone and Mikel are pretty different players, so I dont quite see what the commotion is all about. Huddlestone is more creative and is a better passer and shooter. Obi is a better tackler and he tends to break play up very well. You wont often see Obi making that killer pass to unlock a defence and neither will you often see Huddleman making a last gasp challenge to deny the opposition a goal.[/quote']

I actually disagree for once mate .... Huddlestone is a very empt defender and has played as a defender at EPL level and England youth when called upon.

He is best suited as a DM and that's where he played most of last season for Spurs, esp in the UEFA cup.

I agree Mikel has a different temperament and style but both are DM/CM imho. :rolleyes:

I actually disagree for once mate .... Huddlestone is a very empt defender and has played as a defender at EPL level and England youth when called upon.

He is best suited as a DM and that's where he played most of last season for Spurs' date=' esp in the UEFA cup.

I agree Mikel has a different temperament and style but both are DM/CM imho. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Fine, but the Huddle-in-a-stone is more creative and has a better shooting ability. ;)

Both are worse than VAN THE MAN THE VAART!