Place Of Birth: Porto Franco, Maranhão

Nationality: Brazilian

Position: Forward

Height: 1,65 M (5 ft 4 in)

Weight: 55 Kg (121 lbs.)

Foot: Right

Squad Number: 11

Not on DB

Rafinha started his career at CFZ of Brasilia, team of the former player of Flamengo Zico. Zico was part of the board some years ago, and made a partnership between the 2 teams, to bring and give some players, and one of the players brought was Rafinha. With the leaving of some top players like Vagner love and Liédson, Rafinha get more space, and started all the Flamengo matches at the Carioca.

The match against Vasco was his best up to now.

IbwIy2yf8Qc

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Rafinha Pereira

;2449157']nice report here.

it will be very interesting to see what FLA do for this seasons Serie A...

stick with their young guns? or hire in some experienced strikers....

Flamengo interested in many strikers (Marcelo Moreno, Morais Welliton...), but not brought. Rafinha is being well used. Hernane doing a lot of goals, don't need other striker.

Flamengo interested in many strikers (Marcelo Moreno' date=' Morais Welliton...), but not brought. Rafinha is being well used. Hernane doing a lot of goals, don't need other striker.[/quote']

they will when the full season starts. Cant rely on two strikers...what if one gets injured...

anyway, Rafinha being watched by PSG and FLA are keen to tie him down long term..

According to Lancenet, Flamengo will shortly agree terms on a contract extension with emerging forward Rafinha amid interest from French league leaders Paris Saint-Germain.

Rafinha, 19, is reportedly a target for PSG after Flamengo icon Zico recommended the player to director Leonardo four years ago. Impressed by the youngster, the 1994 World Cup winner is said to have tracked his progress ever since.

Zico recently criticised Flamengo for not having promoted the striker to first-team action ahead of this season, with the lively youngster impressing in his state championship appearances in recent weeks.

The player's current contract only runs until March 2014, meaning that Rafinha would be free to negotiate with a new side from October.

The club and player, though, are believed to have agreed the principles of a new deal to keep him at the Gavea for five years with a buy-out clause of €40 million.

Source: Lancenet

;2473958']they will when the full season starts. Cant rely on two strikers...what if one gets injured...

anyway' date=' Rafinha being watched by PSG and FLA are keen to tie him down long term..

[b']Source: Lancenet[/b]

Zico spoke about Rafinha in a sports program, last Monday.

"- The Rafinha is being champion three years ago and had no opportunity. My joy is he, humble and simple. I remember the indicated Rafinha to take Leonardo to Milan, was the only one (that I mentioned). I saw this kid doing at 15 years that I'd never seen."

can see more at

http://sportv.globo.com/site/programas/bem-amigos/noticia/2013/02/zico-elogia-rafinha-cria-do-cfz-e-faz-desabafo-ao-relembrar-acusacoes.html